January 31, 2015 | 2071 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Camouflage

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2007 4:02:00 PM More reviews by elyse34

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I find that the product sits on top of my skin and is visible. When I rub it in a bit, it doesn't conceal the redness of a blemish. There are two tones that can be mixed to match your skin color but it is a little too yellow for me and 'fair' is the only shade that would work for me which is what I have. It is subtle which I like but it is dry so sometimes my skin looks a bit flakey. Also the case broke so it doesn't stay closed anymore--I bought it in 2005 so they may have improved the packaging since then--all the similar cases for Laura Mercier products I bought at the same time (bronzer, shimmer) also broke so I would hope they'd improved the packaging since then.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2007 8:12:00 AM More reviews by burningembers20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Useless product. The two shades do not blend well, and have a strane yellowish cast to them that is not remotely natural. On top of this, the product itself is soooo dry that and isn't at all easy to work into your skin. Save your money and buy a better product! Even my cheapie covergirl concealer is ten times better than this!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2007 3:49:00 PM More reviews by sun_p

its great how you can mix the two tones to get the right shade, but i never understand these types of concealers, they are so textured and dry. so from a distance you look flawless, but it just looks cakey when you get close and makes your pores look huge. not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2007 10:29:00 PM More reviews by klb1223

When I first tried this product I was unimpressed. It seemed just like any other concealer I had used before. So it sat for a bit and then I used it again and boy am I happy. The concealer comes with 2 shades so you can custom blend it to match your skin. I found I only need to use the darker shade right now since it's summer. I also use LM tinted moisturizer and this works well on top of that. I use a brush to apply and this application works really well. I have some bad hyperpigmentation from my first pregnancy and am now pregnant again so I have some serious spots to cover right now and this does the trick. What really sold me was when it held up to a whole day at the beach with my daughter in 90 degree weather. My skin still looked great at the end of the day. It didn't melt off or wear off. I was uber-impressed! We have had a few weeks of hot weather and it has done well every day. The color is a great match for my skin, not too pink or orange. The cons of this product is that the packaging isn't great for travel. You would need to carry the compact and a separate brush or wedge to apply out of the house, which seems like a lot of work to me. The price is a bit expensive. It takes me a little extra time to apply in the morning but it is worth it. It hasn't caused any breakouts or irritation and I will definitley purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2007 6:47:00 PM More reviews by xkillerxcrushx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is the greatest conclealer in the world! it matches my skin perfectly, stays put, blends easily, doesn't settle into lines and LASTS ALL DAY! I'm a mac NW20, and SC-2 matches my skin perfectly. I imagine darker skin tones would have trouble finding a suitable shade, but if you are fair to medium toned you have to try this concealer! it cost me $44 CAD with tax which seems like a lot at first, but if I add up the cost of all the concealers I have tried and given up on in the past year, it's really very reasonable..and I can tell it'll last me forever. I'll update if this breaks me out, but if it doesn't then this is HG for sure.
EDIT: this really accentuates the dry spots the happen when blemishes are healing so I've started looking for other options

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2007 9:18:00 PM More reviews by josielovesdan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Whoops, I had given this 5 stars in a previous review, but now after using it for a few weeks, I have got to take some lippies back. :(
First of all, it dries out so quickly. Just in a couple of weeks, I found myself having to dip my concealer brush in a bit of moisturizer before applying just so the brush would drag smoothly across the concealer. Then, the clincher.... I had been using it on my nose every day (to conceal redness) and I broke out with tiny bumps all over my nose--- and my nose is the ONE place I never break out. I'm back to BE and that's it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2007 6:58:00 PM More reviews by lummerzooski

I love this Camouflage Secret from Laura mercier. It is the only product i have purchased from the line and it is absolutely amazing. I love the fact that you can mix the two colours to get the perfect shade for your skin tone. My skin is absolutely gorgeous and doesn't need any foundation or tinted moisturizer. I use this product to cover my rosy cheeks. I use the camouflage on the bottom half of my cheeks to cover up the rosiness and afterwards, it looks amazing. it matches my neck remarkably. Now it looks like i'm wearing blush when it's just my natural rosiness. I also use it for the occassional blemish. In addition, I find that foundations and tinted moisturizers make my skin feel oily and heavy, especially in the summer time and that's definitely not my thing.
The secret camouflage is blendable, lightweight, and soothes my skin. It's highly pigmented and will hide almost any flaw. You can definitely build up layers if you have more to hide.

I haven't been successful with concealers, cover ups or anything of the like until i came across this.

It's wonderful and I love my purchase. It doesn't transfer so my husband loves touching me and makes my skin feel very soft.

I wouldn't recommend using it all over your face unless you are trying to achieve a "look at me, i'm wearing makeup." look..

I also love the fact that i don't have to use a lot of it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2007 5:29:00 PM More reviews by milenacka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

The absolute BEST thing about this product, is that you can mix to get the perfect shade of concealer you need for your skin tone for any point in the year. It is a tad dry, so the MA recommended that it doesn't get used around the eyes... but for blemishes, its awesome. I am using my fingers to apply it, but i know the results would be like 10x better if I just bought a concealer brush!
This is not as expensive as you may think!! And it lasts forever... so really, its an amazin product in many respects. I used SC-3 on my LM Blush Ivory, LSF 4, Deauville, NC20 skin. EDIT: NEVER use this product around your eyes. I couldn't find my foundation one day when I was in a hurry, so I just dabbed this around my eyes, on moisturized skin. By the end of the day, my mascara had transferred to the skin around my eyes, and I looked like a racoon. This has never happened to me with any other product. This was like a magnet for eye makeup. I was horrified. Will continue to use on my face for localized coverage, but never again around the eyes.

*Update June 2010* it has been three years since i wrote my review of this product, I am STILL on the same one. It is maybe 25% used up, and it works as well as the first day i got it. This has been my only concealer for this whole time, and my skin is not perfect--I use this product often. What is there left to say? It has paid for itself many times over.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2007 7:44:00 AM More reviews by lolaababez

I love this! It gives excellent coverage and doesnt break me out! However, it's a little too thick sometimes and gets cakey. It's kinda pricey as well but it lasts like forever.. I'm still using the same one after 2 years!! Acne Prone pple with red marks should try this, your skin will love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2007 11:55:00 PM More reviews by ijmfx

i LOVE THIS. it does really cover up pimples and scars. it doesn't seem to clog my pores, plus there's chamomile in there to calm the redness from those pimps down! the only drawback is that you need a brush and time to blend THEN apply. i bought prescriptives camouflage cream to put in my purse for on the go, and days when i wake up early enough slash have enough time to blend i definitely use laura mercier. don't know about covering up undereyes--have to play with that more often (i'm already stuck on the prescriptives camo cream because it doesn't look like "WHOA, you have concealer on under your eyes!") overall, laura mercier secret camo gives EXCELLENT coverage and now i understand why sarah jessica parker keeps it with her 24/7--hey, she could even cover up her mole if she wanted to.