Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage

3.9

(SC-1 SC-8): Diethylene Glycol, Diethylhexanoate/Diisononanoate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopherol, Isopropyl Myristate, Oleth-10, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Water (Aqua), Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Honey Extract (Mel), Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrapeptide-14, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Mica (CI 77019). May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Contrary to what many people think, I really like this concealer. I had major acne breakouts earlier this year and end of last year and let's just say that this covered those acne right up! It did not aggrevate my skin either. I used to wear alot of concealer before and tried many but they all seem to flake and/or look cakey and too obvious. This concealer is very natural looking and is my HG concealer! It requires a lot of time to do it though that's for sure, so that's a pain! I hardly use concealer on a daily basis anymore and only use it for special occasions; hence, this will last me forever! EDIT: I hardly use this because it's too much work to blend etc. The product seems too thick and scary. I am scared to use it on my face as it's extremely sensitive and acne-prone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Well, I never post reviews but since I work for Laura and I believe this is the best on the market, I feel the need to defend it. This product is the reason I work for the line. I can't sell something I don't believe in and this is the holy grail for anyone with skin, any kind of skin. It covers acne, sundamage, bruises and surgery scars. I admit it's not for the lazy, but honestly girls, good looking skin makes you more beautiful than any eye shadow ever will. If you had a bad experience with it, you need to find a Mercier artist who knows how to use the product and have them teach you. I will be the first to admit that alot of salespeople don't even know how to use it. Find a salesperson who can match you to the largest pans undertone, get over how dark it may look to you. Then other pan will lighten it, especially on number 1 and number 4. Then pick up a generous amount of both colors and blend them into each other fading from light to dark on the fatty part of your palm just under your thumb. WARM IT UP! Now you have every color possible in the compact to work from. At this point you want to remove and color left on your camo brush (the only brush you should be using, it was made for this!) with a tissue or on another part of your hand. With your clean brush pick up a small amount of the color on your palm that matches the skin around your chosen blemish. Apply by patting with your brush. Then press in with your ring finger untill it looks like skin. Now, if something still shows through repeat until it is covered. Okay, now for some color tips. Usually you want to try to match your surrounding skin when camouflaging. If someting red just wont cover try using a little more of the yellow side. Yellow cuts red. If something turns ashy or grey you need some of the peachy or pink side, even if it seems too dark, it will usually work. Also, really look at the color of your blemish. Is it red or has it turned purple. In some extreme color cases you will need a bright pink or orange lipstick or color corrector, but most people never encounter this. Ask a salesperson you trust if you think you need this.Now, for the dry looking complaint. If you have dry skin in that area, of course it will look dry!!!! Moisterize it or remove the flaking skin. Also, be realistic. If you have a giant raised quarter sized cyst you, can make the red go away but you can never make the the fact that something is protruding out of your face disapear.
It's makeup, not a miracle sweetheart. It's an increadible product ladies, but if you can't handle it just go another line. Good luck.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I like the IDEA of this product, but can't seem to make it work for me daily. It's NOT an under-eye concealer (Mercier makes a creamy pot concealer for that), but good for flat discolorations, such as age spots or port wine birthmarks. My complaints: Can't find/make a good match, no matter how many blends or proportions of the two colors I use (I have SC-2; I'm an NC10/15 in MAC), and I've had this more than a year, so I've given it a good trial. AND, my compact broke almost immediately and continues to crack and chip off. I don't carry it around -- it stays in my makeup drawer -- so who knows?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

it does give a very good coverage. however it's very hard, or rather thick to blend it well. it does not seem to settle onto the skin well at all. i used hair dryer to make it creamier but it's still so hard to blend. will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

So far, this is the best concealer I've ever used, and I've tried a lot. I also have the brush, which I find fine for putting it on, but I have a MAC foundation brush that I use to blend it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm still trying to get the hang of using this product as I've only had it for two or three weeks. The compact that is closest to my color still doesn't quite cut it - the lighter shade is a bit chalky and the dark shade is a bit too pinkish. I'm still trying to get the right ratios. The consistency is dry and slightly chalky at room temperature. I haven't used the warm-up technique people have mentioned but i can imagine it makes for a better consistency for application.

The coverage: I'm still playing around with this and really trying to figure out how much to use. Some days it seems a little goes a long way. Other days, I feel like I'm constantly dabbing more and more on to get the coverage I need. I use a concealer brush to mix the two shades and then i lightly paint-dab it on to the area. Then I usually pat and blend it with the pad of my ring finger and repeat as necessary.

On certain days when my skin is drier than normal, I find that the camouflage tends to sit on the dry patches or flakes even though it didn't initally go on like that. It's a bit disappointing. If we could give half stars I'd give this a 2.5, but I was generous and gave it a 3. I still have hope for it.

I'm going to keep playing around with it. And I'm not sure at this moment if I'll purchase it again. I will say this - on my driest of dry areas I wouldn't use this concealer at all. I personally don't need undereye concealer but if I did, I would not put this there - wouldn't want to take the chance that it will sit in any fine line that's there. I think if you don't have dry skin that can flake or crack at times, this product probably blends in pretty nicely.

One last thought - it doesn't seem to aggravate my skin so I guess that's a plus.

I can not be without this concealer. This is all I apply on my face. It blends really well and it stays on! It is super easy to apply. I used to use Laura Mercier's concealer brush but I just changed to Mac's and it great. I want to recomend this concealer to everyone. Great for small red spots, scars & undereye circles. I have had mine for a year and i haven't finished half yet. I use it every day!!!! I will buy this again and again!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was skeptical at first of how this concealer would work, the cream looked so thick and it's so much trouble to have to use a brush and let's not forget the price ain't all that cheap. But then after I took it home and started using it, it's becoming one of those products that I just simply love!

So it is a bit of work to use the brush (having to buy the brush, and wash the brush, and eventually replacing the brush...), and the cream was hard to get to at first. But I remember the sales said you just need to swipe the brush a few times on both colors and blend on the back of your hand to warm it up and then apply. That technique really works. The color may not match exactly (she gave me #3, I'm asian with a fair-medium yellow skintone), but after you paint it on your face, use your fingers to pat it a bit and the blemish is gone. I'd know because sometimes I get really big pimples or I'd pick my pimples so it's red and inflamed. I was told this is too thick and too dry to use for the undereyes, so I never used it there, only on blemishes on the face.

I'd definitely buy it again, except it seems to take forever to use up one pact. And it says the expiration is 6 months after first open...I'm kind of scared there.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

How does this orangey looking number 2 concealer match my super fair skin - or does it just not matter? Is it just changing my color to the RIGHT color? I don't know...

It brightens up and evens the under eye area really well. It doesn't even seem to make the wrinks worse. Easy to blend. I also use it in creases around my nose over broken capillaries.

Wouldn't have bought it if the counter gal hadn't painted some on. I will never be without this.

This has lasted me about 3-4 years, but I find it works best on age spots and discolorations; it's a little too slippery for acne or anything vaguely three-dimensional. However, for flat discolorations, it's a dream. I use a good concealer brush, feather the edges, and set with powder. Definitely good for minor fixes, not good for serious trouble. I like that it comes in two shades, though I've used more of the darker, yellower shade than the light so I wish they were equal-sized. Mercier is an artist and so am I, so the concept of "blending on the canvas" to camoflauge works for me.