August 30, 2014 | 1759 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Camouflage

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2007 11:55:00 PM More reviews by ijmfx

i LOVE THIS. it does really cover up pimples and scars. it doesn't seem to clog my pores, plus there's chamomile in there to calm the redness from those pimps down! the only drawback is that you need a brush and time to blend THEN apply. i bought prescriptives camouflage cream to put in my purse for on the go, and days when i wake up early enough slash have enough time to blend i definitely use laura mercier. don't know about covering up undereyes--have to play with that more often (i'm already stuck on the prescriptives camo cream because it doesn't look like "WHOA, you have concealer on under your eyes!") overall, laura mercier secret camo gives EXCELLENT coverage and now i understand why sarah jessica parker keeps it with her 24/7--hey, she could even cover up her mole if she wanted to.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2007 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Shopgirl83

This is a great concealer for pimples. I have never used it under my eyes, but wouldn't recommend it (it isnt meant for undereyes anyway, LM has secret concealer for that). The consistency of it is very thick, and not slippery at all. This texture makes it a little hard to work with, but the tackines makes it perfect for pimples. I've used other concealers that seem to slip right off the blemish. The two colors make it easy to mix...sometimes it can be hard to work with but i usually either put some on my hand to warm it up and use with a brush. I use this around my nose to cover up some redness as well. Great blemish concealer...much better than prescriptives, mac, bisque, stila (those are the others that I have tried). I always goes back to this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2007 6:31:00 AM More reviews by TigiStylist

Awful, no color match. Did not hide my hyperpigmentation, at all. One color from Bobbi Brown is a match, without mixing, and hides all sins. I returned the LM, and went right back to BB!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2007 2:03:00 PM More reviews by kbrand

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing concealer, although I don't think I've experienced its full potential yet. It's definitely a makeup-artist's concealer. I got the lightest one and used my own concealer brush. I warm it up with a hairdryer (while the compact is closed) and it makes it easier to use. Once you've mastered the technique on how to use it, it works wonders! Having two colors really lets you mix the right color for the area you're trying to cover. I feel like I've used a ton of this already but I've barely scratched the surface: I can see that this is going to last me perhaps a whole year. I took a lippie off because it's hard to use, but it really is worth having a SA show you how to use it.

**EDIT** I've given up trying to discover the secret to applying this concealer. It's just too temperamental and doesn't wear well over the hours in the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2007 2:40:00 AM More reviews by MarshallCS

My overally rating of this is a 5

Since my fiancee (soon to be wife in 5 days) fashipn illiterate, I told her I'd do her makeup for her.

Ioved the attention we got from the Laura Mercier rep (pretty high up in the rep world as he was mentioning.) He spent a good 2 hours with me and sarah teachig the perfect application and the correct sade, gave me a sample of La Mer eye creme, which I'm afraid to use cause I don't want to lust after a small bottle of 150 miricle fix.

A couple things to not from the Rep. He said, and i quote with his flair for the dramatic. "DO NOT USE THE SECRET CAMOFLAUGE for undereye darkness.
They have a tinted creame conceiler for that that also has some yellow pigments to counter the blue.

I'm wondering if you added a tiny amount of a moisturizer with the camoflauge to make a simple for of the undereye stuff

Both of them worked very very well and it is the best produt.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2007 12:19:00 PM More reviews by chantilly8

i'm sure it offers great coverage to camouflage marks and blemishes. but then, i bought this product purposely to cover my dark circles. i was disappointed because i found it to be too dry, not creamy. every fine lines on my under eye became very visible. this is one product that is impossible to use under the eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 6:48:00 PM More reviews by tinksbell

I had alot of hyperpigmentation from old acne scars. So when I would put on BE which covers but when you put SECRET CAMO on ALL MARKS DISAPPEAR. HG, HG, I will definately be repurchasing, I even bought the travel size brush. I can't believe how peaches and cream my skin looks thanks to this and BE.

LM this is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2007 9:19:00 PM More reviews by wanyilee

Nothing covers up scars and zits like this stuff. I have mine for forever and it seems like I will never be able to finish it. I guess soon I will throw it out and buy a new one for the sake of hygene. Covers very well and does not cause any zits. Nothing more I can ask for, love this secret camouflage.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2007 7:29:00 PM More reviews by eyeheartmakeup

As the name indicates, this concealer gives excellent coverage and it stays put all day without oxidizing. I have light/medium skin (NC25/30) with yellow undertones and I have this in SC-3. The compact contains two shades to custom blend the perfect color based on skintone/depth. The MA at the LM counter explained that the base (larger shade) in SC-2 and SC-3 are exactly the same, but the SC-2 contains a pink based depth color, while the SC-3 contains a beige based color (the ones on the right side of the compact). So if you are having trouble deciding which compact to choose and you're in the MAC NC30 range, I hope this helps:)

37 out of 37 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2007 12:22:00 AM More reviews by exitgravity

Blendable, nice color selection, nice compact. I really wanted to like this. However, this product in my opinion has a very dry consistency. It is not creamy, I could never use it as an undereye concealer. Maybe for zits?