October 2, 2014 | 935 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Camouflage

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2007 5:29:00 PM More reviews by milenacka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

The absolute BEST thing about this product, is that you can mix to get the perfect shade of concealer you need for your skin tone for any point in the year. It is a tad dry, so the MA recommended that it doesn't get used around the eyes... but for blemishes, its awesome. I am using my fingers to apply it, but i know the results would be like 10x better if I just bought a concealer brush!
This is not as expensive as you may think!! And it lasts forever... so really, its an amazin product in many respects. I used SC-3 on my LM Blush Ivory, LSF 4, Deauville, NC20 skin. EDIT: NEVER use this product around your eyes. I couldn't find my foundation one day when I was in a hurry, so I just dabbed this around my eyes, on moisturized skin. By the end of the day, my mascara had transferred to the skin around my eyes, and I looked like a racoon. This has never happened to me with any other product. This was like a magnet for eye makeup. I was horrified. Will continue to use on my face for localized coverage, but never again around the eyes.

*Update June 2010* it has been three years since i wrote my review of this product, I am STILL on the same one. It is maybe 25% used up, and it works as well as the first day i got it. This has been my only concealer for this whole time, and my skin is not perfect--I use this product often. What is there left to say? It has paid for itself many times over.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2007 7:44:00 AM More reviews by lolaababez

I love this! It gives excellent coverage and doesnt break me out! However, it's a little too thick sometimes and gets cakey. It's kinda pricey as well but it lasts like forever.. I'm still using the same one after 2 years!! Acne Prone pple with red marks should try this, your skin will love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2007 11:55:00 PM More reviews by ijmfx

i LOVE THIS. it does really cover up pimples and scars. it doesn't seem to clog my pores, plus there's chamomile in there to calm the redness from those pimps down! the only drawback is that you need a brush and time to blend THEN apply. i bought prescriptives camouflage cream to put in my purse for on the go, and days when i wake up early enough slash have enough time to blend i definitely use laura mercier. don't know about covering up undereyes--have to play with that more often (i'm already stuck on the prescriptives camo cream because it doesn't look like "WHOA, you have concealer on under your eyes!") overall, laura mercier secret camo gives EXCELLENT coverage and now i understand why sarah jessica parker keeps it with her 24/7--hey, she could even cover up her mole if she wanted to.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2007 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Shopgirl83

This is a great concealer for pimples. I have never used it under my eyes, but wouldn't recommend it (it isnt meant for undereyes anyway, LM has secret concealer for that). The consistency of it is very thick, and not slippery at all. This texture makes it a little hard to work with, but the tackines makes it perfect for pimples. I've used other concealers that seem to slip right off the blemish. The two colors make it easy to mix...sometimes it can be hard to work with but i usually either put some on my hand to warm it up and use with a brush. I use this around my nose to cover up some redness as well. Great blemish concealer...much better than prescriptives, mac, bisque, stila (those are the others that I have tried). I always goes back to this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2007 6:31:00 AM More reviews by TigiStylist

Awful, no color match. Did not hide my hyperpigmentation, at all. One color from Bobbi Brown is a match, without mixing, and hides all sins. I returned the LM, and went right back to BB!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2007 2:03:00 PM More reviews by kbrand

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing concealer, although I don't think I've experienced its full potential yet. It's definitely a makeup-artist's concealer. I got the lightest one and used my own concealer brush. I warm it up with a hairdryer (while the compact is closed) and it makes it easier to use. Once you've mastered the technique on how to use it, it works wonders! Having two colors really lets you mix the right color for the area you're trying to cover. I feel like I've used a ton of this already but I've barely scratched the surface: I can see that this is going to last me perhaps a whole year. I took a lippie off because it's hard to use, but it really is worth having a SA show you how to use it.

**EDIT** I've given up trying to discover the secret to applying this concealer. It's just too temperamental and doesn't wear well over the hours in the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2007 2:40:00 AM More reviews by MarshallCS

My overally rating of this is a 5

Since my fiancee (soon to be wife in 5 days) fashipn illiterate, I told her I'd do her makeup for her.

Ioved the attention we got from the Laura Mercier rep (pretty high up in the rep world as he was mentioning.) He spent a good 2 hours with me and sarah teachig the perfect application and the correct sade, gave me a sample of La Mer eye creme, which I'm afraid to use cause I don't want to lust after a small bottle of 150 miricle fix.

A couple things to not from the Rep. He said, and i quote with his flair for the dramatic. "DO NOT USE THE SECRET CAMOFLAUGE for undereye darkness.
They have a tinted creame conceiler for that that also has some yellow pigments to counter the blue.

I'm wondering if you added a tiny amount of a moisturizer with the camoflauge to make a simple for of the undereye stuff

Both of them worked very very well and it is the best produt.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2007 12:19:00 PM More reviews by chantilly8

i'm sure it offers great coverage to camouflage marks and blemishes. but then, i bought this product purposely to cover my dark circles. i was disappointed because i found it to be too dry, not creamy. every fine lines on my under eye became very visible. this is one product that is impossible to use under the eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 6:48:00 PM More reviews by tinksbell

I had alot of hyperpigmentation from old acne scars. So when I would put on BE which covers but when you put SECRET CAMO on ALL MARKS DISAPPEAR. HG, HG, I will definately be repurchasing, I even bought the travel size brush. I can't believe how peaches and cream my skin looks thanks to this and BE.

LM this is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2007 9:19:00 PM More reviews by wanyilee

Nothing covers up scars and zits like this stuff. I have mine for forever and it seems like I will never be able to finish it. I guess soon I will throw it out and buy a new one for the sake of hygene. Covers very well and does not cause any zits. Nothing more I can ask for, love this secret camouflage.