Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage

3.9

(SC-1 SC-8): Diethylene Glycol, Diethylhexanoate/Diisononanoate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopherol, Isopropyl Myristate, Oleth-10, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Water (Aqua), Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Honey Extract (Mel), Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrapeptide-14, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Mica (CI 77019). May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 7/6/2007 5:37:00 PM

This has lasted me about 3-4 years, but I find it works best on age spots and discolorations; it's a little too slippery for acne or anything vaguely three-dimensional. However, for flat discolorations, it's a dream. I use a good concealer brush, feather the edges, and set with powder. Definitely good for minor fixes, not good for serious trouble. I like that it comes in two shades, though I've used more of the darker, yellower shade than the light so I wish they were equal-sized. Mercier is an artist and so am I, so the concept of "blending on the canvas" to camoflauge works for me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am NW25ish and got this in SC-3. I am not very dark, but the lightest shade was sooo light. The deeper shade was very close to my coloring but if I'm paying this much for a product I should be able to use ALL of it. The texture is super super dry (and I have combo skin). It is hard to blend also. I like my dermablend much better.

on 7/1/2007 12:11:00 AM

I love this concealer works well for me i am very fair skined i use the lightest shade that it comes in. It looks dry in the case but goes on well it takes time and skill to get this product to work. i blend using it in the case and not on the back of my hand as they say. I do use their concel brush also. you are not to just us one color the lighter neutralize redness and the other matches your skin tone. You dab back in forth and apply to your pimples or redness I even use it under my eye sometimes i really dont have dark circles just a lighter skin tone there. once you apply to the area touch it with your finger tip to warm it dont rub or move your finger around or it will rub some off then dot it once more and youre done. I start off with her t/m then use this and finsh with perscriptive magic powder flawless skin every time nobody can tell i have a pimple on my face.

on 6/29/2007 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I find that the product sits on top of my skin and is visible. When I rub it in a bit, it doesn't conceal the redness of a blemish. There are two tones that can be mixed to match your skin color but it is a little too yellow for me and 'fair' is the only shade that would work for me which is what I have. It is subtle which I like but it is dry so sometimes my skin looks a bit flakey. Also the case broke so it doesn't stay closed anymore--I bought it in 2005 so they may have improved the packaging since then--all the similar cases for Laura Mercier products I bought at the same time (bronzer, shimmer) also broke so I would hope they'd improved the packaging since then.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Useless product. The two shades do not blend well, and have a strane yellowish cast to them that is not remotely natural. On top of this, the product itself is soooo dry that and isn't at all easy to work into your skin. Save your money and buy a better product! Even my cheapie covergirl concealer is ten times better than this!

on 6/20/2007 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

its great how you can mix the two tones to get the right shade, but i never understand these types of concealers, they are so textured and dry. so from a distance you look flawless, but it just looks cakey when you get close and makes your pores look huge. not for me.

on 6/17/2007 10:29:00 PM

When I first tried this product I was unimpressed. It seemed just like any other concealer I had used before. So it sat for a bit and then I used it again and boy am I happy. The concealer comes with 2 shades so you can custom blend it to match your skin. I found I only need to use the darker shade right now since it's summer. I also use LM tinted moisturizer and this works well on top of that. I use a brush to apply and this application works really well. I have some bad hyperpigmentation from my first pregnancy and am now pregnant again so I have some serious spots to cover right now and this does the trick. What really sold me was when it held up to a whole day at the beach with my daughter in 90 degree weather. My skin still looked great at the end of the day. It didn't melt off or wear off. I was uber-impressed! We have had a few weeks of hot weather and it has done well every day. The color is a great match for my skin, not too pink or orange. The cons of this product is that the packaging isn't great for travel. You would need to carry the compact and a separate brush or wedge to apply out of the house, which seems like a lot of work to me. The price is a bit expensive. It takes me a little extra time to apply in the morning but it is worth it. It hasn't caused any breakouts or irritation and I will definitley purchase again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this is the greatest conclealer in the world! it matches my skin perfectly, stays put, blends easily, doesn't settle into lines and LASTS ALL DAY! I'm a mac NW20, and SC-2 matches my skin perfectly. I imagine darker skin tones would have trouble finding a suitable shade, but if you are fair to medium toned you have to try this concealer! it cost me $44 CAD with tax which seems like a lot at first, but if I add up the cost of all the concealers I have tried and given up on in the past year, it's really very reasonable..and I can tell it'll last me forever. I'll update if this breaks me out, but if it doesn't then this is HG for sure.
EDIT: this really accentuates the dry spots the happen when blemishes are healing so I've started looking for other options

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Whoops, I had given this 5 stars in a previous review, but now after using it for a few weeks, I have got to take some lippies back. :(
First of all, it dries out so quickly. Just in a couple of weeks, I found myself having to dip my concealer brush in a bit of moisturizer before applying just so the brush would drag smoothly across the concealer. Then, the clincher.... I had been using it on my nose every day (to conceal redness) and I broke out with tiny bumps all over my nose--- and my nose is the ONE place I never break out. I'm back to BE and that's it for me.

on 5/24/2007 6:58:00 PM

I love this Camouflage Secret from Laura mercier. It is the only product i have purchased from the line and it is absolutely amazing. I love the fact that you can mix the two colours to get the perfect shade for your skin tone. My skin is absolutely gorgeous and doesn't need any foundation or tinted moisturizer. I use this product to cover my rosy cheeks. I use the camouflage on the bottom half of my cheeks to cover up the rosiness and afterwards, it looks amazing. it matches my neck remarkably. Now it looks like i'm wearing blush when it's just my natural rosiness. I also use it for the occassional blemish. In addition, I find that foundations and tinted moisturizers make my skin feel oily and heavy, especially in the summer time and that's definitely not my thing.
The secret camouflage is blendable, lightweight, and soothes my skin. It's highly pigmented and will hide almost any flaw. You can definitely build up layers if you have more to hide.

I haven't been successful with concealers, cover ups or anything of the like until i came across this.

It's wonderful and I love my purchase. It doesn't transfer so my husband loves touching me and makes my skin feel very soft.

I wouldn't recommend using it all over your face unless you are trying to achieve a "look at me, i'm wearing makeup." look..

I also love the fact that i don't have to use a lot of it!