Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage

3.9

(SC-1 SC-8): Diethylene Glycol, Diethylhexanoate/Diisononanoate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopherol, Isopropyl Myristate, Oleth-10, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Water (Aqua), Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Honey Extract (Mel), Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrapeptide-14, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Mica (CI 77019). May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 7/22/2007 4:42:00 AM

I can not be without this concealer. This is all I apply on my face. It blends really well and it stays on! It is super easy to apply. I used to use Laura Mercier's concealer brush but I just changed to Mac's and it great. I want to recomend this concealer to everyone. Great for small red spots, scars & undereye circles. I have had mine for a year and i haven't finished half yet. I use it every day!!!! I will buy this again and again!

on 7/13/2007 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was skeptical at first of how this concealer would work, the cream looked so thick and it's so much trouble to have to use a brush and let's not forget the price ain't all that cheap. But then after I took it home and started using it, it's becoming one of those products that I just simply love!

So it is a bit of work to use the brush (having to buy the brush, and wash the brush, and eventually replacing the brush...), and the cream was hard to get to at first. But I remember the sales said you just need to swipe the brush a few times on both colors and blend on the back of your hand to warm it up and then apply. That technique really works. The color may not match exactly (she gave me #3, I'm asian with a fair-medium yellow skintone), but after you paint it on your face, use your fingers to pat it a bit and the blemish is gone. I'd know because sometimes I get really big pimples or I'd pick my pimples so it's red and inflamed. I was told this is too thick and too dry to use for the undereyes, so I never used it there, only on blemishes on the face.

I'd definitely buy it again, except it seems to take forever to use up one pact. And it says the expiration is 6 months after first open...I'm kind of scared there.

on 7/11/2007 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

How does this orangey looking number 2 concealer match my super fair skin - or does it just not matter? Is it just changing my color to the RIGHT color? I don't know...

It brightens up and evens the under eye area really well. It doesn't even seem to make the wrinks worse. Easy to blend. I also use it in creases around my nose over broken capillaries.

Wouldn't have bought it if the counter gal hadn't painted some on. I will never be without this.

on 7/6/2007 5:37:00 PM

This has lasted me about 3-4 years, but I find it works best on age spots and discolorations; it's a little too slippery for acne or anything vaguely three-dimensional. However, for flat discolorations, it's a dream. I use a good concealer brush, feather the edges, and set with powder. Definitely good for minor fixes, not good for serious trouble. I like that it comes in two shades, though I've used more of the darker, yellower shade than the light so I wish they were equal-sized. Mercier is an artist and so am I, so the concept of "blending on the canvas" to camoflauge works for me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am NW25ish and got this in SC-3. I am not very dark, but the lightest shade was sooo light. The deeper shade was very close to my coloring but if I'm paying this much for a product I should be able to use ALL of it. The texture is super super dry (and I have combo skin). It is hard to blend also. I like my dermablend much better.

on 7/1/2007 12:11:00 AM

I love this concealer works well for me i am very fair skined i use the lightest shade that it comes in. It looks dry in the case but goes on well it takes time and skill to get this product to work. i blend using it in the case and not on the back of my hand as they say. I do use their concel brush also. you are not to just us one color the lighter neutralize redness and the other matches your skin tone. You dab back in forth and apply to your pimples or redness I even use it under my eye sometimes i really dont have dark circles just a lighter skin tone there. once you apply to the area touch it with your finger tip to warm it dont rub or move your finger around or it will rub some off then dot it once more and youre done. I start off with her t/m then use this and finsh with perscriptive magic powder flawless skin every time nobody can tell i have a pimple on my face.

on 6/29/2007 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I find that the product sits on top of my skin and is visible. When I rub it in a bit, it doesn't conceal the redness of a blemish. There are two tones that can be mixed to match your skin color but it is a little too yellow for me and 'fair' is the only shade that would work for me which is what I have. It is subtle which I like but it is dry so sometimes my skin looks a bit flakey. Also the case broke so it doesn't stay closed anymore--I bought it in 2005 so they may have improved the packaging since then--all the similar cases for Laura Mercier products I bought at the same time (bronzer, shimmer) also broke so I would hope they'd improved the packaging since then.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Useless product. The two shades do not blend well, and have a strane yellowish cast to them that is not remotely natural. On top of this, the product itself is soooo dry that and isn't at all easy to work into your skin. Save your money and buy a better product! Even my cheapie covergirl concealer is ten times better than this!

on 6/20/2007 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

its great how you can mix the two tones to get the right shade, but i never understand these types of concealers, they are so textured and dry. so from a distance you look flawless, but it just looks cakey when you get close and makes your pores look huge. not for me.

on 6/17/2007 10:29:00 PM

When I first tried this product I was unimpressed. It seemed just like any other concealer I had used before. So it sat for a bit and then I used it again and boy am I happy. The concealer comes with 2 shades so you can custom blend it to match your skin. I found I only need to use the darker shade right now since it's summer. I also use LM tinted moisturizer and this works well on top of that. I use a brush to apply and this application works really well. I have some bad hyperpigmentation from my first pregnancy and am now pregnant again so I have some serious spots to cover right now and this does the trick. What really sold me was when it held up to a whole day at the beach with my daughter in 90 degree weather. My skin still looked great at the end of the day. It didn't melt off or wear off. I was uber-impressed! We have had a few weeks of hot weather and it has done well every day. The color is a great match for my skin, not too pink or orange. The cons of this product is that the packaging isn't great for travel. You would need to carry the compact and a separate brush or wedge to apply out of the house, which seems like a lot of work to me. The price is a bit expensive. It takes me a little extra time to apply in the morning but it is worth it. It hasn't caused any breakouts or irritation and I will definitley purchase again.