April 17, 2014 | 1394 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Camouflage

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2007 7:29:00 PM More reviews by eyeheartmakeup

As the name indicates, this concealer gives excellent coverage and it stays put all day without oxidizing. I have light/medium skin (NC25/30) with yellow undertones and I have this in SC-3. The compact contains two shades to custom blend the perfect color based on skintone/depth. The MA at the LM counter explained that the base (larger shade) in SC-2 and SC-3 are exactly the same, but the SC-2 contains a pink based depth color, while the SC-3 contains a beige based color (the ones on the right side of the compact). So if you are having trouble deciding which compact to choose and you're in the MAC NC30 range, I hope this helps:)

36 out of 36 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2007 12:22:00 AM More reviews by exitgravity

Blendable, nice color selection, nice compact. I really wanted to like this. However, this product in my opinion has a very dry consistency. It is not creamy, I could never use it as an undereye concealer. Maybe for zits?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2007 8:20:00 PM More reviews by EJMcCull

This product was recommended to me by the make-up artists at work (I work in TV news). I went to the Laura Mercier counter and spent about an hour there playing with make-up and I was convinced after my visit that this was definitely a must-have. It LASTS and it WORKS. This is a great alternative to liquidy stick cover ups which either crumble off or sweat off. I was told this product is meant to be worn under runway lights so it's therefore meant to stay put - and it does! To be honest, nothing works in 3-D, but this stuff undoubtedly erases the red and makes you forget about your blemishes during the day!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2007 11:01:00 AM More reviews by usersilver

I'm a neutral light MMM and SC-2 is a great match for my skin. Most of the secret camo tones seem quite peachy, if you need a bit more olive/yellow in your concealer try mixing this down with a mary kay signature concealer (great coverage and def. quite yellow/olive toned), if you need a tad more neutral (try mixing down with maxfactor panstick stick foundation true beige, great as a concealer)

I love this concealer, it's great for blemishes/small discolorations, you can actually make your skin appear flawless if you're willing to work with it. The texture is definitely on the hard side, so this is not a dab and go concealer. I have to use a small stiff brush ( I just got a cheapie taklon brush and it works perfectly) and rub into both shades to mix to your shade. Then, I blend on the back of my hand to warm the mixture and dab then blend onto any problem spots. Gives full hardcore coverage straight out of the pan and can be easily mixed down with a bland moisturizer.
It's initially expensive, but considering you only need a few light swipes per pan it's seriously going to last for years and it's beyond worth the money. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by robynlc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love anything Laura Mercier, and this product is no different. I apply very sheer layer of foundation, a sheer layer of concealer on my eye, and then use this to cover up my blemishes. This product is a miracle worker. I use less foundation now, and use this as my cover up. It has two colors so that you can mix them if necessary depending on what part of your face you are covering. It covers anything and everything, and you don't even have to use that much at all. It's a very hard, dry consistency so don't use a lot, and use a tiny bit of moisturizer if you need to loosen it up. After using this, my skin looks flawless. My boyfriend always comments on how clear my skin looks...little does he know!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2007 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Kaijia

the secret to secret camouflage is the application- because of its thickness, you really don't want to be applying it directly with your fingers. i was taught to take a concealer brush, take a few strokes of one colour one side, the other colour on the other side, and mix them together on the back of your hand until you obtain the shade you need. then, feather it onto the blemish with the brush- and i mean feather. very light strokes are all you need, and then you can fade the rest into your skin so it blends in.

the genius in this product is that because there are two shades, you can mix it according to what your skin colour is at that moment in time, perfect for me as i go almost black in the summer, but fade to yellowy in the cold edinburgh winter. it will cover just about anything, and the best part about it is that it's got blemish-fighting stuff inside it so it doesn't aggravate your skin!

n.b.: DO NOT USE UNDER EYES. it is far too thick, and the skin under your eyes is far too delicate to handle that: don't do it to yourself!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2007 6:55:00 AM More reviews by harrup

Maybe it's my application method...but hard as I tried I couldn't get this to work right. I love LM's moisturizing foundation but this concealer just doesn't do it for me. The texture is WAY too dry and crumbly. The colours are good but it ALWAYS looked looked dry and obvious on my skin. Maybe for girls with oily skin this is a good option, but for dry skin it most decidedly isn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2007 3:51:00 AM More reviews by STi43

I have been wearing LM's Oil-free Tinted Moisturizer for a few months now and I love it. I have recently fell in love with her translucent powder as well. I thought, why not try the concealer? I went to my counter, and the lovely MA matched me at SC-4 (although I was recommended SC-3 on the boards here, since I am NC30) but it was a *perfect* color match. She taught me to use both sides, and BLEND. This concealer is VERY thick, so if it's not blended in, it will look cakey. I prep with MAC Prep+Prime, then use LM Oil-Free TM. I use my MAC 316 brush (technically a lip brush) and blend in 2 strokes of the dark color, then 2 strokes of the light.

That's how the product looks. Left is the dark side, right is the lighter side.

After, I apply it directly on my blemish or scar, and blend in with my fingers. The end result-- flawless. My skin looks like it's blemish free. You think I'm kidding? Here's a picture to prove.
Yep.

There's me before. So what are you waiting for? :) continued >>

65 out of 65 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by juniper949

I love this concealer, and I agree with other reviewers that if you follow directions it is very easy to use. I rarely have to mix it and usually use the drier powder to cover blemishes. If used on top of a daily moisturizer or with a tinted moisturizer it blends great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2007 9:32:00 AM More reviews by simiparga

I bought this after being advised to do so by the makeup board! BIG thanks to you all for opening my eyes to this great concealer. The LM assistant showed me how to use this and that was a big help. I warm the product up with a blast from my hairdryer if it's cold and use my MAC concealer brush to cover any blemishes. I sometimes use this under my eyes but prefer my YSL touch eclat. The finish is flawless and the compact allows you to get the perfect color for your face depending in the area. It really does live up to it's name and covers blemishes beautifully and without a heavy finish. I only wish there was a travel pocket size on available too... I would repurchase this...HG