January 29, 2015 | 2009 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2008 7:46:00 AM More reviews by hmvx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The smell of this reminds me of when I was a teenage girl, it was the first product I remember using. No wonder I had breakout problems. My mom gave me a jar last week and have been using it, it hydrates but doesn't clean well and leaves a film on everything-including your face. I have to scrub the heck out of my shower when I use it because it sticks to everything. I have not had a breakout in ten years, and this last week I have had four really horrible bumps pop up on my chin- they were really deep and made my face kill !!! lol I don't have sensitive skin and can use everything except noxzema. I think it is great for sunburns- not so great to get a real cleaning. Good maybe if you have dry skin and use something beforehand to clean your face well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by angieangie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used to use this when I was like 10 and wanted to feel grown up... I'd just put it on my face for fun and laugh... then I actually tried it seriously when I was about 15-16 and while it made my skin soft, it gaves me tons of pimples, even when used with a toner... and it smells bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2008 4:17:00 PM More reviews by TrippyPixie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It worked okay for me. The consistency of the cream was weird, though—maybe I got a bad batch. But if that's how it's supposed to be, then I don't like it. It took a while for results to show up. It also smelled all day, which was quite an undesirable side effect for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by TillieRush426

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a cleanser that I have used since I was in my teen years. That was 40 years ago! I have tried other brands and have always gone back to this old staple. I am 56 and people have asked me if I am in my late 30s! My sister who is 3 years older than me has no lines or wrinkles either and she has never wavered from using it. It cleans and always feels fresh, never has a drying effect. I would highly recommend it to anyone - teens to mature women.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 2:00:00 PM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those thing passed on my mothers...I used this as a teen growing up and used it until I started experimenting with other products. I still like it and it leaves a very clean feeling. Like another reviewer said below, its does work for suburns as a soother...leave on for 15-20 minutes and it helps! I'll keep buying since this cleans with out too much drying on my sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by jcrysy

I was using burt's bees cream cleanser, and stumbled upon this for the third or forth time.

My face has a pretty glow after using this. I always tone afterwards. My skin even looks clearer.

I am using this in my night routine. I wet my skin, apply this cream, massage it in well, then rinse off. Tone with Dickinson's. My skin was so moisturized, I didn't need moisturizer! I want to start trying it on dry skin.

UPDATE: I believe it was causing breakouts due to the fact that this is not for oily skin. I gave it away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used all sorts of noxema when I was a teen. I honestly dont use it currently althought I still believe it would work well, but I am equally happy with my clean & clear so I will just stick with that for now. Anyway, I always loved the tingle even with the original horrid scent I still felt it was really working. Always great on sunburns too. A classic and a keeper IMHO.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by skittishpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't use this as a cleanser, but a friend of mine told me to use this on sunburns so your skin doesn't peel. I rubbed it into a sunburn on my chest and it never peeled and tanned. Not sure what it is about this that would make it that much better than aloe, but i thought i would share that tip.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by KayW

I love, love, love this product! My skin is oily with dryness in areas. It is prone to acne and blackheads. I have to say that this is by far the best cleanser for my skin. My skin has actually cleared up since I started using it just a week ago. I used to use this is junior high school. I should have never stopped using it. It has no parabens or strange ingredients. It just cleans nice and makes my skin soft and clear!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2008 2:03:00 PM More reviews by claudea

One day I will find a facial cleanser that really cleans well! I always use an astringent after I clean my face hoping the pad will still be clean once I wipe it over my face. To my despair, I still had dirty and oil on the pad. I want a gentle cleanser that works! One that actually cleans my face without extras... I do love the cream cleanser, and the camphor tingling and thou it is medicating my skin, since I blemish pone skin. I other words, it feels and smells clean, but not really clean. I guess I will keep looking...