December 21, 2014 | 1262 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2008 4:17:00 PM More reviews by TrippyPixie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It worked okay for me. The consistency of the cream was weird, though—maybe I got a bad batch. But if that's how it's supposed to be, then I don't like it. It took a while for results to show up. It also smelled all day, which was quite an undesirable side effect for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by TillieRush426

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a cleanser that I have used since I was in my teen years. That was 40 years ago! I have tried other brands and have always gone back to this old staple. I am 56 and people have asked me if I am in my late 30s! My sister who is 3 years older than me has no lines or wrinkles either and she has never wavered from using it. It cleans and always feels fresh, never has a drying effect. I would highly recommend it to anyone - teens to mature women.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 2:00:00 PM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those thing passed on my mothers...I used this as a teen growing up and used it until I started experimenting with other products. I still like it and it leaves a very clean feeling. Like another reviewer said below, its does work for suburns as a soother...leave on for 15-20 minutes and it helps! I'll keep buying since this cleans with out too much drying on my sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by jcrysy

I was using burt's bees cream cleanser, and stumbled upon this for the third or forth time.

My face has a pretty glow after using this. I always tone afterwards. My skin even looks clearer.

I am using this in my night routine. I wet my skin, apply this cream, massage it in well, then rinse off. Tone with Dickinson's. My skin was so moisturized, I didn't need moisturizer! I want to start trying it on dry skin.

UPDATE: I believe it was causing breakouts due to the fact that this is not for oily skin. I gave it away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used all sorts of noxema when I was a teen. I honestly dont use it currently althought I still believe it would work well, but I am equally happy with my clean & clear so I will just stick with that for now. Anyway, I always loved the tingle even with the original horrid scent I still felt it was really working. Always great on sunburns too. A classic and a keeper IMHO.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by skittishpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't use this as a cleanser, but a friend of mine told me to use this on sunburns so your skin doesn't peel. I rubbed it into a sunburn on my chest and it never peeled and tanned. Not sure what it is about this that would make it that much better than aloe, but i thought i would share that tip.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by KayW

I love, love, love this product! My skin is oily with dryness in areas. It is prone to acne and blackheads. I have to say that this is by far the best cleanser for my skin. My skin has actually cleared up since I started using it just a week ago. I used to use this is junior high school. I should have never stopped using it. It has no parabens or strange ingredients. It just cleans nice and makes my skin soft and clear!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2008 2:03:00 PM More reviews by claudea

One day I will find a facial cleanser that really cleans well! I always use an astringent after I clean my face hoping the pad will still be clean once I wipe it over my face. To my despair, I still had dirty and oil on the pad. I want a gentle cleanser that works! One that actually cleans my face without extras... I do love the cream cleanser, and the camphor tingling and thou it is medicating my skin, since I blemish pone skin. I other words, it feels and smells clean, but not really clean. I guess I will keep looking...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by JacquelynHunter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This by far is the best cleanser for my skin. I always stray because I think that sometimes I think "this is just too good to be true", but I always end up coming back to Noxzema. I have very sensitive skin, and since I'm a teenager I'm automatically acne-prone (I don't have bad skin, I just have to take care of my skin and it looks and behaves well)

Noxzema always gets all of the makeup off of my face and leaves my skin tingling clean after I am done. This doesn't make me breakout, in fact, my skin is better looking when I use this!

Now to clarify, I am writing about Noxzema in general. I have used the Original (in the tub), Original w/ moisture (tub), Original (pump), Exfoliating, and the Daily Cream Cleanser and absolutely all of them have worked nicely on my skin. I just am lucky and can't go wrong with Noxzema!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2008 1:48:00 PM More reviews by riyoka

At first, I really liked noxema - the texture, the cooling effect, etc.. But after using this for a few weeks, this stuff was breaking me out along my jawline & the sides of my face - especially on the left side. I wouldn't recommend for anyone to use this product because of all the harsh ingredients. Plus it's a serious pore clogger. I left mine on like a mask since some other people said they had success with it. BAD idea. Also, the tub really sucks - very unsanitary.I'm throwing away the leftovers. No more drug store cleansers/masks/etc for me. I'm going organic, lol.