August 27, 2014 | 1777 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by KayW

I love, love, love this product! My skin is oily with dryness in areas. It is prone to acne and blackheads. I have to say that this is by far the best cleanser for my skin. My skin has actually cleared up since I started using it just a week ago. I used to use this is junior high school. I should have never stopped using it. It has no parabens or strange ingredients. It just cleans nice and makes my skin soft and clear!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2008 2:03:00 PM More reviews by claudea

One day I will find a facial cleanser that really cleans well! I always use an astringent after I clean my face hoping the pad will still be clean once I wipe it over my face. To my despair, I still had dirty and oil on the pad. I want a gentle cleanser that works! One that actually cleans my face without extras... I do love the cream cleanser, and the camphor tingling and thou it is medicating my skin, since I blemish pone skin. I other words, it feels and smells clean, but not really clean. I guess I will keep looking...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by JacquelynHunter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This by far is the best cleanser for my skin. I always stray because I think that sometimes I think "this is just too good to be true", but I always end up coming back to Noxzema. I have very sensitive skin, and since I'm a teenager I'm automatically acne-prone (I don't have bad skin, I just have to take care of my skin and it looks and behaves well)

Noxzema always gets all of the makeup off of my face and leaves my skin tingling clean after I am done. This doesn't make me breakout, in fact, my skin is better looking when I use this!

Now to clarify, I am writing about Noxzema in general. I have used the Original (in the tub), Original w/ moisture (tub), Original (pump), Exfoliating, and the Daily Cream Cleanser and absolutely all of them have worked nicely on my skin. I just am lucky and can't go wrong with Noxzema!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2008 1:48:00 PM More reviews by riyoka

At first, I really liked noxema - the texture, the cooling effect, etc.. But after using this for a few weeks, this stuff was breaking me out along my jawline & the sides of my face - especially on the left side. I wouldn't recommend for anyone to use this product because of all the harsh ingredients. Plus it's a serious pore clogger. I left mine on like a mask since some other people said they had success with it. BAD idea. Also, the tub really sucks - very unsanitary.I'm throwing away the leftovers. No more drug store cleansers/masks/etc for me. I'm going organic, lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by ladydisaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Noxzema used to be my HG cleanser, until I discovered that it contained gelatin - an animal ingredient. I used it for years, and I was sad to give it up, but I actually found something that works better for me and is vegetarian. Goodbye, Noxzema!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Jenni4Design

Oddly enough my dad uses Noxzema on his feet to soften and moisturize the skin. Also likes that it has menthol and makes his feet tingle, lol. Just thought I'd share this funny usage as he LOVES it.

Also I've used it in lieu of shaving cream and it works great and really moisturizes your legs!

And neither of use would have discovered Noxzema's hidden potentials if it wasn't my mom's favorite face cream, lol. Who btw way has beautiful skin with no blemishes and hardly any wrinkles at 50 years of age.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2008 10:17:00 PM More reviews by saramariew

I remember using this when I was like 5..then as i grew up i decided to explore other cleansers. Well now at 20 i decided to give noxzema another shot.. My other cleanser just seemed to be drying out my face and making it look so dull.
So i decided upon Noxzema, but i really didnt remember how it would perform so i checked the reviews and it was pretty mixed so i figures for 5$ i'd test it out.
Well its been a few weeks now and my face is so soft and clean, No breakouts yet so far. I bought a big tub so i really dont know if id re-purchase again..but chances are if i dont repurchase, i will eventually come back to it again sometime.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by sakuraface

this stuff makes my skin feel VERY clean :] i love it so far, the smell doesnt bother me at all, but i just used it for the first time so i didnt know if its really working or not- if not at least its not really a draw back it was dirt cheap plus i love that its in a jar it makes it different from other products so 4 stars for now :]]

EDIT: i changed the overall rating to 3 stars after realizing it was a bit to strong - the first 2 weeks it was working really great & i saw i nice difference in my complexion but its too harsh so im off it for now its under my sink with my other dormant products lol...ill probably try it again soon maybe only once a week....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2008 1:40:00 PM More reviews by sdora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Recently purchased this after reading good reviews in the MUA. It's been about a week or so and my skin has made a 360 degree turn. All my acne scars are fading and my skin looks so even toned and since i've been using this i havn't had any new pimple.
EDIT: Still going strong on this one. I started using it both day and night with microfiber wash cloth to remove noxzema. My skin looks flawless and i have no need to put on foundation because my skin got so much eventoned.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by piksie

I have a confession: I am a major product whore. I love trying new things, fall for gimmicky packaging, marketing, and names more easily than I'd care to acknowledge. Recently, I was away from home and i ran out of my latest cleanser, an exfoliating anti-acne one by Clean & Clear. I couldn't get to a drugstore, so I went to the university's campus store and found a mini tub of Noxzema. I figured it couldn't hurt to try it, and I absolutely fell in love. I don't like to be trapped by how a product *feels* on the skin, i.e. the tingly feeling that Noxzema leaves, so I waited after I used it to see results on my skin, so as not to just go by how the product felt. When I wiped my face off after the shower, my skin, which was having some issues with acne, rough texture, and overall health, felt soothed and looked a world better. I continued to use Noxzema for a week and realized how good it made my skin look and feel. It *never* strips my skin or makes it dry or sensitive, which is very important to me because I use a prescribed acne gel which can be drying. I usually leave the cream on for a minute or so, and then scrub with a face brush or washcloth. Normally, I use oodles and oodles of products in hopes of solving my skin issues...but for the past month, it's been some Noxzema, and then some Cetaphil lotion, and I've been for the most part a very satisfied girl. For now, at least, I'm done with the gimmicks, and I'm sticking by Noxzema Original Skin Cream =)