Bonne Bell Lip Smackers

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil (Castor), Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Acetate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax (Candelilla), Flavor, Polybutene, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Sesame Seed), Propylene Glycol, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Carnuba), Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Hydrogenated Soy Glycerides, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Mica, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil (Wheat), Stearic Acid, Sodium Saccharin, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, May Contain (+/-):, FD&C Blue 1 (CI 42090), D&C Red 6 Barium Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Calcium (CI 15850), D&C Red 27 Aluminum Lake, D&C Red 33 (CI 17200), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, D&C Yellow 10 (CI 74005), Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 3/15/2004 5:59:00 AM

My favorite lip balm of all! I have so many of these! They come in so many yummy flavors and they make your lips really soft! I like vanilla, strawberry and cotton candy the most =)

on 3/14/2004 11:12:00 AM

Not my favorite lip balm, but I like it for nostalgic reasons. Nothing will be as good as the big fat ones I got in my Christmas stocking as a kid, but I do keep a tube of Dr. Pepper at home and at work for a quick pick-me-up. If I use it too much, my lips get irritated.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Overall I think these are great. They are nice for a chapstick that keeps your lips moisturized. They have great scents. And a lot of them just look darn good on the lips. I have always purchased these and will continue to do so. Especially vanilla, it's my absolute favorite :)

on 3/5/2004 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

As much as I love the scent and packaging of LipSmackers and the other Bonne Bell prodcuts - they do nothing at all for my lips. The lipsmackers are waxy and I find that I cannot apply them more than once a day or else my lips get irritated - not exatly ideal. Oh well.. at least I can get them to send out as swap extras!!

on 3/1/2004 12:25:00 PM

These are good for just keeping your lips from being chapped. They have great flavors and they're fun.

However, I wanted something with a good SPF, and something with lysine, as I get very chapped lips sometimes.

I did use the Lipsmackers for years before I switched to a medicated chapstick.

on 2/28/2004 11:24:00 PM

I am a total Lipsmakers Freak !!!
I must have about 40 of them, or more. each time i see a flavor i don't already have, I MUST buy it to add to my ever increasing collection.

on 2/27/2004 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very nostalgic. I like the smell and the light colors. Although it does taste rather waxy.

on 2/27/2004 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I will always love Bonne Bell Lipsmackers!!! This was such a fun lip gloss to wear back in the day and I still do wear them! They're sweet and leave your lips soft. Using a tube of this is like using a tube of nostalgic fun! This, I considered as having my very own first tube of lipstick! (when I was young!!)Delightful!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'd say it depends on what kind of Lip Smacker you get. Opal Watermelon has a fakey watermelon smell and really gritty glitter (though I like glitter). The Lip Smackers from the holiday lines are too waxy and smell really fake, though I like Melon Memories and Sweet Sugared Plum (??) a lot.

My favorite one is the Martian Mallow cosmic Lip Smacker. It smells more like vanilla, but it goes on with a really shimmery look. I love it. I used to have the Mint Choco-Ship one too, but I haven't been able to find any since '99.

on 2/25/2004 11:48:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I used the regular Lipsmackers when I was a kid and a teenager (who didn't?) I was especially fond of grape, and I still have an old tube of grape that I keep strictly for sentimental reasons (since I haven't seen a grape Lipsmacker in the stores lately). It has a great smell...exactly like grape soda.

After seeing all the glowing reviews of Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers on here, I picked one up recently (I can dimly remember having one once upon a time, but who knows what happened to it?) The Dr. Pepper has a nice sweet scent (not exactly like Dr. Pepper, but not far removed) and leaves a light red tint. It would be good for perking myself up on non-makeup days (my lips are so pale that they need something, otherwise I look like a ghost). As for moisturizing qualities, they're merely OK; they're a bit on the waxy side.

I also decided to give the Cosmic Lipsmackers a try, but they were terrible: they were hard, waxy, and left a few pathetic grains of glitter behind.

Overall, Lipsmackers are fun, but not really essential, IMHO. continued >>