October 23, 2014 | 2052 users online

Lip Gloss - Bonne Bell - Lip Smackers

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2004 11:48:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used the regular Lipsmackers when I was a kid and a teenager (who didn't?) I was especially fond of grape, and I still have an old tube of grape that I keep strictly for sentimental reasons (since I haven't seen a grape Lipsmacker in the stores lately). It has a great smell...exactly like grape soda.

After seeing all the glowing reviews of Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers on here, I picked one up recently (I can dimly remember having one once upon a time, but who knows what happened to it?) The Dr. Pepper has a nice sweet scent (not exactly like Dr. Pepper, but not far removed) and leaves a light red tint. It would be good for perking myself up on non-makeup days (my lips are so pale that they need something, otherwise I look like a ghost). As for moisturizing qualities, they're merely OK; they're a bit on the waxy side.

I also decided to give the Cosmic Lipsmackers a try, but they were terrible: they were hard, waxy, and left a few pathetic grains of glitter behind.

Overall, Lipsmackers are fun, but not really essential, IMHO. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2004 1:40:00 AM More reviews by SparklyPinkCoconut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Mmmmm.I love these!I get a new one every time I go out.They're thick,and moisturizer well.My favorites are Pink Lemonade, Strawberry,Wild Raspberry, Watermeoln,and Raspberry peach.I have recently tried the new Starburst kind,and although they taste and smell amazing,the formula is too thin and watered down.I prefer the regular variety. But why are you reading this review?They only cost a little over a dollar,go out and get one!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2004 1:52:00 AM More reviews by PeanutGirl

These flavored and scented lipglosses were fun to use in middle school and high school, though they never did much for me in the way of moisturizing. I've quit using them because they never fail to dry out my lips and make them flake. For super moisturization, I love Sally Hansen Lip Quencher, as well as any gloss or lipstick by Clinique or Hard Candy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2004 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Maaya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard a lot about these products, so I decided to pick up a few at the store. When I tried them, they were nasty. As of now, I only tried the cosmic smackers which are loaded with glitter. The originals are probably smoother. However, the balm burned my lips a little bit, since I have sensitive skin. Now I'm just too afraid to use those things. They taste and smell great, but that's not worth getting my lips burned over. The price isn't bad, though.

Edit: I had only tried the cosmic smackers when I wrote this review. The regular smackers are moisturizing and taste and smell really good. That's why I added two l/s.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2004 1:07:00 AM More reviews by kitsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

the greatest! moisturizes, has great texture, and imparts slight shine or shimmer. my personal fave- which is discontinued :( is pina colada. almost all of the flavors are great. cheap too. a constant staple in my purse and pocket!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2004 10:27:00 PM More reviews by gidget36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These are a staple for me. My lips are always chapped, so I always carry one with me. Not meant to do much more than keep lips moisturized, but they do this well. So many to choose from, cheap, and available just about everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2004 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Littlesealgurl99

Who doesn't love bonnebell smackers? these chapsticks are truly tasty and feel amazing on your lips, they smell absolutely devine! I've got some such as Vanilla, Watermelon, Strawberry, Orangepop, Cotton candy, and Bubblegum, these lip products are worth every cent (honestly, there not that much!! LOL) I'm a huge fan of bonnebell and Smackers!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2004 7:11:00 PM More reviews by starburstz

i love lip smackers.lol. I have over 70 lip glosses and most are lip smackers. I deffinetly would recommend them-especially strawberry cheesecake, dr. pepper and rootbeer float. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2004 More reviews by slowwukwai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

these are so cheap, and i mean bad-quality cheap. i'm 16 and ive bought all of maybe 4 in my whole life and dont plan on buying more. they do nothing to make my lips softer and makes my lips chalky looking. yuk. do NOT buy these!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2004 2:59:00 AM More reviews by melodiesoflife

Lip balm for cheap! The wide variety of flavors are a plus, too. However, the texture of this is somewhat "waxy", and the smells can get a little strong, at times.