October 1, 2014 | 1245 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2005 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Sydney47

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just got this as a GWP. After one coat I really notice a difference - beautiful length and definition and it really opens up my eyes (way more than most mascaras). I usually avoid thickening mascaras due to clumping but MagnaScopic is fantastic!

*UPDATE* It's day number two of using Magnascopic and the dream has officially died. Maybe I was having a good eyelash day when I first tried this b/c now it just looks spidery on my lashes. I'm going back to L'oreal Lashout!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2005 11:56:00 AM More reviews by happygirl1

This is THE greatest mascara I've ever tried! My usual favorite is Clinique Naturally Glossy Mascara, but that is basically just a lash darkener. I've tried a few of Lancome's mascara's, and they were awful...clumps and racoon eyes. I got MagnaScope in my GWP, and I am AMAZED at how incredible this mascara is. I apply it very slowly to both top and bottom lashes, and it lengthens, thickens, and separates my lashes wonderfully with just one slight touch! You really don't need more than one light coat of this stuff. I already have nice eyelashes, but they are not too dark (which is weird since my hair is dark brown), but they are long. This mascara enhances what I already have. What's even better is that it doesn't smudge and it removes so easily with my Oil of Olay sensitive skin foaming face wash. When my sample runs out, I will definitely buy a full bottle of this. I'm already going to get my mom a bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2005 6:09:00 PM More reviews by diasphora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff works wonders for me where other mascaras don't do a damned thing.

I find that I just have to put it on slowly and be careful. (It doesn't take a dramatic amount of time for this. I just mean don't slop it on really fast the way I see a lot of people put on mascara.)

I find that it makes my eyelashes long, thick, and noticeable. This is a big deal for someone with invisible blond lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2005 10:00:00 AM More reviews by shadder

I received this free in a kit and have to say this is actually one of the best mascaras i have ever used. Yes it leaves clumps, but I use an eyelash comb afterwards to take care of it. Now why I like this so much, it extends my lashes and most of all it is the ONLY mascara I have ever used that DOES NOT SMEAR. I don't have racoon eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2005 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Bimbogirl18

I just see clumps... For the price, it could be WAY better!

Bleh!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2005 10:37:00 AM More reviews by heathervieno

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like my lashes to be long, thick, and dramatic. Along with some Clinique lash primer, this mascara does it for me. I only have to use one coat too. I'm really picky about separation so I still use a saftey pin but I don't have to do much. No smudging or flakiness and it comes off pretty easy with soap and water. This is my HG mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2005 7:59:00 PM More reviews by fulfrmakeup

This is an overpriced mascara that left my lashes a clumpy mess. There are much better drugstore brands that cost much less and do a far better job. I wouldn't buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2005 5:34:00 PM More reviews by pink_fixation

This stuff makes my eyelashes look GREAT-- if I sit there and veeeerrry carefully apply it then seperate my lashes. It's clumpy if you'r not super careful and can create some serious spider eyes. Other than that... I like it, but I will not buy it again. Too expensive for what you get....

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2005 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Sanida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a little undecided on this product. I apply it very carefully and I do not usually get any clumps. But reading all the other reviews I can see how frustrating it can be to get 3 huge eyelashes! Perhaps it is the technique, or my patience with this very expensive product. Luckily I paid 50% less for this mascara on ebay. I would suggest going to Estee Lauder to get a GWP before splurging as it takes a little getting used to.
I will keep using it but will probably not repurchase due to the cost.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2005 1:09:00 AM More reviews by PepsiLover

YUCK,This Mascara claims to increase lashes by 300%. Um let's be real here it's more like negative 300 this stuff clumps so much that you end up with only having 3 huge eyelashes. What a waste of money!!!!