April 19, 2014 | 1831 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Falling in Love

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2005 2:02:00 PM More reviews by kadins2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells like cotton candy when you first put it on. Then it mellows to a still sweet, but richer fragrance. I really love it though I thought I wouldn't after reading the reviews. I quess I really do like the smell of sugar! Out of all the Philosophy fragrances I have, this one has the most staying power. However, I also think it too could stand to last longer than it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2005 12:30:00 AM More reviews by subeemama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think that this smells like cotton candy--very sweet. But, I really like it. I got this free from a promotion and I will buy it again when I run out. The scent is light so that might be why it seems to fade so fast. Other people can smell it on me when I cannot.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2005 7:39:00 PM More reviews by shayfrom78

This smells OK but definately not one of my faves . The staying power is TERRIBLE ! It barely lasts 2 hours ! For the price , # of times you have to reapply , actual scent its not worth the $$$ so no I would not repurchase

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2005 7:08:00 PM More reviews by BasiaS

This is a sweet blackberry/vanilla/musk blend that's very much like Trish McEvoy's #9 (I think), only with lesser lasting power. Sweet gourmand scents like this one are rather popular nowadays, but they're not really what I go for. My favorite Philosophy fragrance is Amazing Grace. Pleasant, but much too sweet for me. Cheap, too (and it better be since you have to apply this every 30 minutes!).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2005 5:59:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Got this for free in a promo and so thankful I discovered it! I tried this out last Christmas at Nordstrom after wanting to for awhile. For some reason I'd thought it would be a more soapy scent like the Grace line. The blackberry in it really threw me off and I thought why would an adult want to smell like blackberries? Mind you I'm in my late 20's but I don't want to go around smelling like a teenage fruitbasket. Also ,though, I only smelled the bottle and did'nt spritz it on my skin. So upon finding the promo I thought why not? Got my package today and boy am I surprised! This fragrance is absolutlely lovely! The feared blackberry note is not as scary as I'd thought it would be and is very light. The vanilla makes it sweet but not obnoxiously so and the musk in it is not strong at all. This fragrance is very uplifting to me and very summery. I don't see myself getting sick of this and will probably wear this often. EDIT 8/4/08 The EDT staying power is terribly poor. Needs to be layered but I've not tried that yet with other items in the line except the 3-in-1 but the 3-in-1 does not last outside the shower. This does smell great when paired with BBW's Black Raspberry Vanilla.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2005 2:41:00 PM More reviews by ThaneFurrows

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't get some of these reviews. Falling in Love is definitely not a white floral... in fact, it's the farthest thing from it. I get sweet, fruity berries and a light powdery musk. It's almost a bit too sweet for me, which is strange because I love the insanely sweet CSP Vanilles. It's nice enough, the lasting power is meh, but it's just... I don't know. Lacking something. It's not special. I might retry this again once the weather gets cooler if I don't swap it away first.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2005 1:01:00 PM More reviews by deliah008

I'm not fond of this scent.

It ... doesn't have a very distinct smell. Yes, it's quite feminine in that overloaded floral sort of way, but not pleasantly so. In a word, it smells cheap. Granted, I didn't dish out the full price for the Falling In Love Set, but I still expected a decent product since it is exactly like the retail version except for the gratis sticker on the upc label on the box.

With Philosophy, it's hit-and-miss with the scents. I love Amazing Grace but hate Hope's In a Jar's chemical factory smell. Paired with the daunting fragrance market in which searching for the perfect fragrance is akin to flea-market hopping, the hit-and-miss phenomenon is more prevalent.

Frankly, I do not detect any similarity to Aquolina Sugar. Sugar is cottoncandy in full burst, whereas Falling in Love is much more subdued, less warm, and sans any "foodiness." FIL is not sugary, fruity, fresh. It smells of flowers whose blossoms have come to rest in the summery night air. It has that muskiness that may otherwise be mistaken for being part of a cologne except for the overabundance of florals.

This may suit some people and turn off others. I'm planning to give my set away to someone who will better appreciate it (ie. spend less time sneezing and fighting off the urge to vomit).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2005 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Dragun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Received as a gift from a wonderful MUAer, I don't smell the 'pink sugar' in this one. Its a nice, soft white floral with a musky base on me. Really feminine and soft. I'm a dedicated foody, but this is one of the few florals I actually enjoy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2005 5:47:00 PM More reviews by lisat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate this scent!! It does to me smell just like misteltoe magic from BBW and trish #9 which I also detest. I didn't smell pink sugar at all in this and I love pink sugar. This also lasted on me about 2 seconds and then I couldn't smell it. Definately not a repurchase for me. Up for swap it goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2005 11:09:00 PM More reviews by binker123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I almost don't know how to review this since my mood on it changes all the time. I first purchased in August of '03 and wore it pretty much my entire sophomore year of college. I kept the bottle because I still love the scent, but didn't wear it for about a year and a half simply because the year I wore this was a bad one and smelling Falling In Love conjured up some bad memories. (This is not the first time I've given up a perfume simply because of unpleasant associations with it that have nothing to do with the fragrance itself.)

Well, tonight I decided to give it another try, and walked around thinking I smelled quite yummy, until a checkout girl said that "Something smells like Mr. Bubble." I said that it must be me and she hastened to add that I smelled good, but like bubble bath. Now I'm not sure about Falling In Love anymore - I've always known that the staying power ain't so great, but I didn't know that it apparently reminds people who smell it on me of cheap kids bubble bath! 0_o So if you worry about smelling cheap, as I do, this *may* not be the fragrance for you, but if you like it, as I do, give it a try anyway. Body chemistry is a weird thing.