April 17, 2014 | 1908 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is so creamy!! All last summer this is all that was used on my face! The only problem is when I don't tan the light shade is too dark for me sadly! I'm so happy I ln getting some color back so I can use it! It covers very well I get tons of freckles being outside in the sun and I have bad under eye circles but this baby does the trick!! No doubt! Try this out!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by kmciolli

I have rosacea and some acne. My skin is always blotchy red and has dry patches. I try to look for foundations with full coverage that won't emphasize my dry skin.

This product is wonderful as far as coverage. I bought shade 250, medium beige. It goes on smoothly and covers eeeevery flaw. Make sure to blend it in or it can look a little cakey around your nose and eyebrow area. A little of this product also goes a long way.

One downside is that sadly, like many "whipped" foundations, they can emphasize dry spots. So I try to only use this foundation when my skin is not particularly dry or just after moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by j99li

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in 150 buff with the combination/oily formula. (I am NC15/20) This is one of the only foundations I've tried that doesn't make me look shiny as the day goes on!

I love using this with a brush or a beauty blender.

The packaging is not the greatest as it is in a jar so it could get unsanitary. I always make sure to wash my hands before I dip into the jar. It is also difficult to determine what shade you're in because the jar is made out of such thick glass that it is hard to compare it against your skintone!

I got lucky when I purchased mine but I definitely recommend doing your research before buying it. Some of even the darker colors look pretty pale through the thick glass.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this product and I would definitely repurchase it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin with occasional dry patches on my chin and around my mouth due to Retin-A use. I like both of the Colorstay liquid formulas. My friend uses the Whipped, loves it, and it looks amazing on her. I bought it hoping that it would work as well for me as it does for her. It didn't.
I am NC-30 and bought Medium Beige, which was a good color match. I found it difficult to apply with my foundation brush. It applied thick, and it began to dry before I was able to spread it onto my skin and blend it. I tried my Beautyblender, and application was slightly better. I used my fingers and had troubles spreading and blending.
I am 35 and have very fine lines beneath my eyes and little to no wrinkling of my skin. My main problem with this foundation wasn't the blending issues, but the fact that it made me look ten years older. It seemed to settle in every fine line and emphasize every pore. I noticed "cracking" on my smile lines and had to keep blending/smoothing the crack with my finger throughout the day. I have never had issues like this with any other foundation I have used.
Also, any dryness was emphasized.
As for the packaging, right when I realized it really wasn't working and decided to toss it, I dropped it on the bathroom floor. It is a heavy glass jar, and the jar shattered. Basically the heavy bottom broke off (luckily the foundation didn't spill everywhere) into a few large pieces and several sharp shards.
I would not re-purchase this foundation. It just couldn't get it to work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Theory

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the shade warm golden, i have yellow undertones and this shade works well.

I was going to give a negative review based on not being able to apply the foundation well. The product blends better when warm. Use after a shower or use a blow dryer to warm up the product. I use a traditional foundation blush to apply, then use fingers to blend out areas that need blending out. I find this foundation looks better a few hours after application.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 3:04:00 AM More reviews by panda78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim and at the time, I didn't hear a peep about this foundation. I am glad I made my own conclusions about it. First, I am an NC 20 and 150 buff was too light and gave my skin a grey hue, so I went to the 200 level. Very strange as I am always in the 100 levels, but it is a good match. The texture as it suggests is whipped and is smooth like butter. This makes my skin look flawless and as the day passes, it actually looks better. I have normal skin during the winter and combo-oily in the summer. I find my skin does not become a slick.
The coverage is medium and the finish is a slight satin.
My issue is that the cover's threads have broken and I cannot close it properly. Other than that, lovely foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by kasabourin

I saw this when it first came out and needed to buy new foundation so I bought this one. I usually wear just the regular colorstay liquid foundation. The coverage is equally the same but this one has way better packaging. Much less messy, you can just dip into the pot rather than having to pour out the liquid out of the bottle. The product feels nice too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 7:08:00 AM More reviews by ohio_state_scholar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my go to for a few months but now I am moving on to bigger and better things. The formula is nice, it's light feeling but applies with excellent coverage (only when I use my fingers). It didn't dry me out at all and it wore through a night of dancing and drinking.

I enjoyed this foundation but I don't personally prefer liquid makeup. I hate that it feels heavier on the skin then say powder or minerals (which I got used to with BE for a long time).

Great product but the above is my personal opinion.

NC10, brown auburnish hair, gray eyes, oval face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by marcyosteen

I've tried many foundations and whip CS is by far the best I have tried. I have acne scars (pits not red marks) and this foundation is the only one that I have found that doesn't seap into the pits or make them more noticable. I use a Beauty Blender to apply this foundation and the finish is flawless. I do use a primer underneath (typically Rimmell Fix and Perfect 002 - it smooths my acne scars best of any primer). The whip CS foundation is buildable and looks best if you apply several thin layers on top of each other to build to full coverage. Although I'm older, I do set the foundation with powder (typically an HD powder which blurs the scarring too) and it lasts forever! My foundation doesn't transfer, wear off, or fade throughout an entire workday and evening. I agree with another reviewer that said the foundation tends to look better throughout the day. For some reason, the longer I wear it, the better it looks. Unless I absolutely have no other choice, I will never wear another foundation. It's amazing! Even when compared to much higher priced foundations or even getting my makeup professionally done, I have never experienced the flawless coverage that this foundation provides. I don't know if the awesome coverage is created by the texture, thickness, color, but whatever causes it is an absolute miracle! I definately recommend using the original Beauty Blender to apply the foundation. The coverage didn't seem as flawless the times I've used a brush, my fingers, or a different type of sponge. Also, other people have complained about the packaging, but I really like the jar. I'm able to tap my finger to get the exact amount I need and I can get every bit out of the jar unlike bottles or tubes that always have a little bit of product that can't be reached before it's trashed. Go buy this foundation! You won't regret it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

After much debating on which foundation to try, I decided on Revlon Whipped Colorstay. I love the flawless, smooth, natural looking medium to buildable coverage. It lasts a while, but not long enough, even with a primer. Some days the staying power is better than others. The packaging is annoying and unhygienic. Once I had it open on my counter and accidentally got it on my shirt while bending over it, and it was difficult to remove the product from the fabric. The price is a bit high as well.