December 21, 2014 | 1758 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by sydriam9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BEST FOUNDATION EVER. I'm so glad I discovered this. It made my skin look gorgeous and it lasts long! Do not hesitate to try. I was so impressed considering it was not expensive at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by beecky

I've used this foundation for months, and have applied it every which way possible. I've found the best way to apply it is with a stippling/buffing foundation brush. However, I feel that no matter how little product I use, this cakes. It is just too heavy and leaves such a thick-feeling mask on my face, I can't handle it. It does make my face look flawless, but it doesn't look like skin by any means. It also takes quite awhile to set properly, and smells like paint. I usually don't care about if a product smells, but I can literally smell this on my face throughout the day. For the price, I think there are better drugstore foundations out there, and certainly much better higher end ones as well. I tried this and wanted to love it, but it just wasn't meant to be.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

This caused me to break out right away. I should've known, since it contains salicylic acid. Ugh. The shade "Caramel" was a good match for me. I love the way it feels going on my face, very smooth, but the finish is gross. I looked like someone literally painted my face in shiny paint. Yuck. I know it's the only practical way to package something of a mousse/gel texture, but the jar is just unhygienic. So, besides the color match, there isn't much good I have to say about this foundation. Bummer, I wanted to love it!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Yeinnyizm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation was really natural looking and i love the application!BUT it transfers A LOT i tried to put on a white sweatshirt after about an hour of wearing it and it totally stained it. I was really disapointed because i really wanted to like this product. The color selection is really weird because i got the shade 330 and the shade seemed really dark for my skin because it was during winter during my extreme pale skin times and the color still worked for me, so i wouldn't worry about trying to find the right shade as long as it is close to yours it should be fine and look good. I have both dry and oily spots on my skin and it clinged to my dry spots and i had to touch up with powder on my oily spots. i never wear this foundation anymore it just sits in my makeup collection doing nothing for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by lolomakeup84

This is my HG foundation next to the colorstay liquid foundation. The cool thing for me at least, is that the shade for both product are the same. This whipped foundation is a medium to full coverage. It does not look cakey. The only thing I probably don't like about this is that it comes in a heavy glass jar because I tend to travel a lot and its not travel friendly. Also, the fact that it doesn't have SPF, but my moisturizer has SPF. Other than that, I really like this foundation and I will continue to buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by MissLilyRhiannon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the formulation of this product, any whipped foundation feels so soft and effortless on the skin, and a little goes a long way. My issue with the product is the colour range, I am an NC15-20 and Australia does not stock anything lighter then "Buff" which is significantly to dark for me. I use this on friends and my mother, and occaisionally when I worked in makeup on clients. It's easy to apply, the packaging looks classy, and goes lovely with a buffing brush. It is a little pricy in Australia considering it is "drugstore" and is approx $40 which is nearly as much as MAC but oh well.
Good product, but not for pale girls

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by MapleBlossom2

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been mixing two shades of liquid Revlon Colorstay (Golden Beige and Warm Golden) because I love the finish and coverage but can't find a shade that matches my NC30 skin. The cream version in Warm Golden seemed like it might be the answer to my prayers, because the liquid Warm Golden oxidizes very quickly if not mixed with the lighter shade. This is a thick cream which is hard to spread. The coverage is on the heavy side and tends to cake in my pores. It does leave a lovely glow to the skin and stays color-true. However, I think the color is a little pinker than the liquid version. If the shades work for you, this would be a good choice. I don't care for the heavy glass jar.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by liviehenderson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Loooove this foundation its very velvety and it doesnt even look like i have foundation on! But its very pricey and the packaging is bad! It looks like theres heaps of foundation in it but when you open it, its half the size! I love this makeup but not happy with the packaging considering price!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by heyannette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

DESCRIPTION OF ME ~ Light yellowy/olive complexion with a tendency to get redness on my cheeks and around my nose. MAC C2ish/NC20. Large pores, oily and prone to blackheads and occasional acne. Mid-thirties, some sun damage, (melasma) and fine creases on my forehead.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION~ The party line--> "Finally, truly decadent makeup offers ultimate performance. The mousse-like texture feels like silk on your skin. And, the time release formula balances skin for a flawless look. All day flexible wear without flaking, caking or feeling heavy." I agree, it doesn't flake, feel or look heavy at all.

PACKAGING~ Glass tub, reeeally annoying packaging but like others haver said, it does look cool!

CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE~ Creamy, thick mousse foundation.

APPLICATION~ Not very blendable, it dries fast but that's the nature of this type of foundation. Just gotta be fast!

FINISH~ The finish is matte but not cakey. Extremely dry, no dewiness on my really oily skin :o And, tight, it feels so tight. I had a hard time getting this stuff off of my skin! It's kind of like, dare I say, paint.

COVERAGE~ If I use my fingers I get a naturalish medium coverage and a stippling brush (I'm currently using an ELF!) and layer it can go pretty close to full.

STAYING POWER~ This stuff stays without powder like nothing I've ever tried.

SCENT~ It still smells like alcohol tbh and that's fine by me. It fades after it dries so not an issue.

COLOUR~ This is the rub. :( It's impossible to find a colour for my NC20 skin. Sand Beige is the right tone but the shade is too neutral, grey looking, ashy. My skin is really warm and this just doesn't work, just not enough yellow in it. The shade up is too dark. It's unfortunate.

OVERALL~ I had a hard time getting it off so I'm not sure if that's what lead to my skin being a bit cranky and stressed out after using this but it doesn't matter, I would put up with that if the shades were right. Everyone needs a super long lasting foundation for humid days and other times when you want your makeup to really last.

Thank you Seclusae2 giving me permission to use your great reviewing format.

INGREDIENTS~ Dimethicone , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Water , Isododecane , PEG/PPG 19/19 Dimethicone , Trisiloxane , Trimethylsioxysilicate , C 13 16 Isoparaffin , Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Boron Nitride , Dimethicone/Bis Isobutyl PPG 20 Crosspolymer , C10 13 Isoparaffin , Glycerin , Salicylic Acid , Tocopherol , Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract , Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract , Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract , Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract , Sodium Hyaluronate , Serica (Silk) , Alumina , Polyisobutene , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer , Cyclodextrin , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Silica , Methicone , Sodium Chloride , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Propylene Carbonate , Triethoxycaprylylsilane , Silica Silylate , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Tetrasodium EDTA , Phenoxyethanol , Caprylyl Glycol , 1 , 2 Hexanediol , May Contain (+/-): Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Iron Oxide (CI 77491) , Iron Oxide (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by sheff803

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG foundation! I have been on a long and frustrating hunt for my go-to foundation. I have tried both high end and drugstore products, with little success. First off, my skin is incredibly sensitive. I must avoid all products that contain parfum/fragrance, because that will immediately break me out. I have normal to oily skin, so I try to avoid foundations that look too dewy, since I can become quite oily as the day progresses. I am a teacher, so I have little to no opportunities to touch up my makeup, so I was looking for a long-wearing product. I heard many YouTube makeup gurus rave about the Revlon Whipped foundation. It took me about a month to finally give in and try it. OH MY GOODNESS...I am so glad I did. When I first used it, I was incredibly nervous that it would break me out, but so far it has been amazing! I have been using it for about three weeks and I have not gotten a single pimple!

Packaging: If I had to mention a con about this product, it would probably be the packaging. It comes in a jar, which I believe looks incredibly high end. It reminds me of the Chanel jar packages. However, the jar is a little annoying to work with. Some people are bothered, because they think the jar is not as hygienic as a pump. I am not worried about whether the jar is hygienic or not, I just prefer to work with a pump.

Color: I bought the foundation in the nude color. I also have the natural beige, which works for me as well since it is almost summer and I am slightly tanner. I have found that the lighter colors, such as sand beige, tend to have a greyer tone to them which is strange.

Application: Being that the product is in a jar, it is a little tricky to figure out how to apply the foundation. I have tried my fingers, a Beauty Blender, and a foundation brush. All work to apply the product, but I have found that using my Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki is the best method. I usually dot the product to my face and then blend it out with my brush.

Texture: The texture of the product looks so thick when it is in the jar, but it feels so amazing when it is on the skin. It honestly feels like I have nothing on my face, which I find to be so rare

Lasting Power: This product claims to last 24 hours. Needless to say, I have yet to wear a product for 24 hours; however, I have worn it for about 9-10 hours and it lasts ALL DAY! Honestly, I think it gets better the longer you wear it. The first time I wore it, I was working and stopped in the bathroom half way through the day to check my makeup during my lunch break. I was sure that when I looked in the mirror that the foundation would have worn off; however, it still looked perfect!

This foundation is amazing for me and I am so happy I bought it!