October 24, 2014 | 1564 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by chrononaut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this after the rave reviews. It felt amazing going on my skin but once I blended it all over, my face looked very powdery even after I moisturized and primed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I am unsure if I will re-purchase this product. I put yes though.

I bought this in Buff which is a pretty good match for my skin for $17 at Walmart.
Pros:
Great coverage.
Long lasting
Good colour choices
Pretty good price.

Cons:
Cakey, even on my oily skin
Tends to separate on my skin even with primer (I use Pixi or Revlon photoready)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

After seeing numerous positive reviews of this product on YouTube and other sites, I decided to give it a try. I did not quite know what to expect. This is first and only creme foundation I have ever tried. All the other foundations I have used have been liquids. This product lasts all day, and I do not think the price is too bad. It is not dirt cheap, but it is definitely not the most expensive drugstore product out there either.

I really do not like the jar that this product comes in. I have read other reviews that complained it is not very sanitary. But that is not why I do not like it. First, the jar very small. You get less than an ounce of product. I used this product every day for about a month and half. I threw it out this morning. The jar was over 3/4 empty. This product comes in a jar that is make of very thick glass. this makes it really hard to determine which shade is right for you. A lot of the lighter shades look very similar through the glass. I have light-medium skin and look best in makeup with neutral undertones. Yellow undertones tend to make me look dead or sickly, and red undertones tend to turn very orange. You are able to see only a sliver of the actual product. When you purchase this foundation, it comes with a plastic seal. So you can't even open the jar to what the color is actually like. I normally don't have any problem finding my right shade. I sure did this time. I purchased this product in shade 220 Nude. It wasn't just a little bit too light. It was WAY too light.

My skin is super oily and super sensitive. I also have quite a bit of redness and bumpiness on my face. When I opened the jar, I got a little nervous. The texture of this makeup is very strange. Even though this product is described as a creme, in my opinion it's not. But it's not really a liquid either. It's somewhere in between. It took me a while to figure out what the texture of this makeup reminded me of. It reminds me of a thick, wet, mud. It is not easy to spread, and it is super easy to apply too much. If you do, you can definitely tell. It takes about a hour to fully set and absorb into the skin. But even after it sets, it still feels very thick and heavy on your face. It looks and feels like you are wearing a mask. It does not allow the skin to breath at all. It didn't break me out, but it made the bumps on my face really stand out. Not exactly what I was hoping for. Even after it is given time to absorb, it still does not look very natural. It also has a very matte finish. I do not mind a matte finish as long as it looks natural.

I loved this foundation up until about a week ago. Within a two day period, I had two separate people (my aunt and my mom) tell me they did not think this foundation was right for me. My aunt said that it was very thick and pasty looking. My mom told me it was too light, too thick, and really made the bumps on my face stand out. At first, my feelings were hurt. I thought this makeup looked great on my face. But after I stopped using it, and went back to my Boots No 7 Beautifully Matte liquid, I realized they were right. In my opinion, the Boots is a much better foundation than this one. The Boots is a perfect match for my skin, lasts all day, gives me a smooth, natural look, spreads and blends very easily, and costs only a few dollars more.

Because of the bumps and redness on my face, which has always made me feel very self-conscious, I thought I needed a full coverage foundation. But I've tried several full-coverage foundations (this one, Amazonian Clay, and Estee Lauder Double Wear) and haven't liked any of them. Full coverage foundations tend to be very thick and heavy. They are not easy to blend or work with. A full coverage foundation can look pasty and mask-like very easily. I have realized that I would probably be better with a medium coverage foundation.

EDIT: 6/19/14
I really like Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Foundation. But that will be my fall/winter foundation. It just doesn't work for summer. When it's very hot and humid, it melts away and looks pretty much awful. When I used this foundation in the past, I wore it when I walked in a 5k. I got rained on and was sweating. Afterwards, I was almost afraid to look in a mirror. I thought my makeup would look awful. Amazingly, it didn't.

I've learned a couple of important things since the last time I used this foundation. First, this time around, I purchased a different shade. I remembered 220 Nude was way too light, so I went two shades darker and purchased Shade 240 Natural Beige. I read somewhere online that shades that have beige in the name tend to me more neutral. That is what looks best on me. I would describe my skintone as light-medium. I'm not extremely pale, but I am the lightest medium shade usually. The Natural Beige worked was a much better match for me than the Nude.

2nd, I've learned that when it comes to applying this makeup, less is definitely more. You really don't need to use much at all to get really good coverage. It also works best if you apply in sections with your fingers. One or two small dots in each area is really all you need. If you apply too much, it will definitely look cakey. But if you use it sparingly, you can achieve great coverage, and a very natural finish. It's also important to blend it in very well.

This is a great foundation for summer. If you apply it right, you can't even feel it on your face. I wore it today, and it was very humid. I went for a walk, and then spent quite a while hanging my laundry out on the line. I was sweating quite a bit. This foundation didn't melt or run at all, even though I was literally dripping with sweat. This foundation will stay on until you take it off. This is definitely going to be my go-to summer foundation.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by dididi8318

Just repurchased this product. I'm definitely a fan. The packaging is awful, but the product itself is pretty great. I just wear it over moisturizer and use my fingers. I haven't really tried applying the product with something other than my hands, but I'm happy with the results that are achieved from using my hands. I do wish the finish was a little more matte, but that's not a dealbreaker for me. The consistency is nice and creamy and easy to work with. I don't like to have a very thick layer at all with my foundation so I can't really comment on the buildability, but just applying a thin layer with my fingers gives me medium coverage. It doesn't last as long as I would like, but it still lasts several hours and I also don't use anything to set it. I can hardly feel it on my face and although it provides pretty nice coverage, I consider it a nice, light foundation. Definitely a product I would purchase over and over again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by alyxayavong

I really wanted to love this product but I had too many cons. The number 1 being that it BROKE ME OUT. I've tried going back to it in hopes maybe it wasn't the product but every time I did it broke me out. Another con is it takes a while for it to set into your skin. My bronzer and blush wouldnt apply as smoothly. BUT it does look better the longer you wear it. And it does last a lot longer than most foundations. This is just my personal experience, I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by maeshiil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to foundation when I want good coverage (you can get lighter coverage if you sheer it out a bit, and you can also layer it for full coverage) and I want it to last. I fell in love with this last summer when I used it during my trip to Memphis, TN . It was hot and humid, I was walking around outside all day and most of the night, and it held up amazingly! I didn't touch up all day and when I got back to the hotel room, I had very little shine. Very impressive. The color selection could be better, but for the drugstore, it's pretty good.

I would say you have to make sure to find the right powder, however, because some may make it look to cakey. I use Chanel's loose powder and it's perfect. I would suggest a lighter powder as opposed to a powder foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I personally enjoy this foundation quite a lot, but there are downsides to it.
Pros:
- Smooth texture
- Good shade range
- Easily blendable
- Lasts a decent amount of time for a cream product (I'd say about 7 hours without touching up)
- Pretty decent coverage
- Nice natural, satiny finish

Cons:
- Oil definitely breaks through this product
- Not very buildable
- Not the longest wearing foundation
- Can be streaky if you're not careful

Overall, I really like this foundation and am planning on repurchasing it, probably closer to fall/winter when my skin is less oily. If you have VERY oily skin, I'd pass this up completely.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by hahalex21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a fabulous foundation if applied properly. Since it is a cream, it can cling to dry patches when first applied, so you have to make sure your skin is well exfoliated and moisturized. It gives medium-buildable coverage, I had no problem getting it to full, and a very natural finish. Not too shiny, not too matte. My skin is pretty combination at the moment, so I powder my T-zone with MAC Blot and this foundation will last me all day. The packaging is very heavy and a little awkward, a compact may be better, but it works. I prefer to apply this with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and blend with my fingers if I need to. Drier skinned ladies probably won't like this foundation too much, and those will extremely oily skin won't have much success either. I definitely would recommend this foundation, it's beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 4:16:00 AM More reviews by lipstickinpink

I love the texture of this product, feels amazing on the skin! I just dip my finger into the jar (probably isn't very hygienic, but i'd rather not dip my brush in) and dot the product on my face and buff it out with a flat top kabuki brush and the result is flawless! I don't even need to use concealer. It gives me medium to full coverage.

It does give my skin a nice dewy look, but i like to set it with powder. It does last all day, i don't need to do any touch-up during the day, which is always a plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

All I've got to say is, best foundation for Summer or humid/hot weather like south Texas. When first applied, it feels rather greasy but it finished matte. It's the ONLY foundation that I don't find myself having to reapply or fix later in the day. Especially because this weather tends to melt off foundation. The packaging isn't the most hygienic, but the beauty of this product is that the tip of your finger, makes it go a long way. I dot it on my face and use a flat top brush to blend it in. This foundation even covers without the use of concealer.