Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

First off I want to say this is a very nice foundation. Having said that I'd really like to address the problem most people seem to have with using their fingers. I 'm in my fifties, been there done that. I've tried many many foundations and tools in my lifetime. I find that sponges are just okay. Brushes tend to just push the makeup around your face. There is no better tool than your fingers. I almost never have breakouts. I wash my face thoroughly everynight. It should not be an issue using your fingers (concerning bacteria) unless you are digging a ditch or working in a sewer with your bare hands and then putting on makeup. If your face and hands are clean, you should not have a problem. Women have spent years listening to the hype that people who are trying to sell you makeup have been spouting "my makeup is more sanitary because it comes in a pump bottle". Honestly they are just trying to sell you their product. We need to be more consumer concious. The only tool you can use with this product is your fingers. I've never had a breakout with this foundation. Very little goes a long way. Gives wonderful coverage. Has great staying power and doesn't settle in fine lines or pores. Please lets get off this hangup we have about using our fingers. Our fingers are our friends! LOL

This foundation is like a bb cream for me. I use it for those days when i need minimum coverage just to even out my skin tone. In the winter it feels a little dry so i apply it with fingers ( tried brush many times but it looked very cakey) basically together with moisturizing cream, first cream and while its still wet foundation. Unlike colorstay it looks very natural and last the same.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have very dry skin and live this foundation
It can be used for dry or oily skin. Its very natural and blends so nice and you only need a little bit at a time and can layer if needed.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Remember: A little goes a long ways!!

, if you use too much you'll have bad cake face. Wouldn't get this is you have dry skin...it has a matte finish, all and all if you use little of this product and apply it right you'll get medium to heavy coverage and a nice natural finish

My favourite foundation so far! It's thick and creamy but easy to blend, gives a medium coverage, does not feel heavy, looks natural and lasts till the end of my day. I just set it with my Essence Mattifying Compact powder to set it and take away the shine. I apply with my Sigma F80 brush and just lift the white cap and use the product on that so I don't end up getting too much product. It doesn't have a heavy unpleasant smell like the Colorstay Liquid foundation which smells like paint.

I've used this for a month now. The container still looks very clean, none of it has gotten out to stick to the black cap. Though the glass makes it very heavy and I'm not sure I would travel with this.
I bought mine from a department store called "Tokyo" in Bangkok at MBK. Was about S$8-10 cheaper than in Singapore. Would wait for a sale if I had to repurchase it because DAYUUMM, this stuff is S$27.90 here. Pricey, in my opinion. Love it, the only foundation I've tried that doesn't accentuate any dry patches.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am over fifty and have dry skin. This product is simply one of my favorite foundations, and believe me there are not many out there for a older skin. Flawless coverage and it lasts. Great coverage , when you want it. I think it has a primer in it as it goes on like velvet.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

You know how after you buy a foundation, you take it home, and you can't wait to try it on? Let me explain my experience with my first application of this wonderfully whipped foundation.

It was like riding a majestic steed through Wonderland, and being surrounded by rainbow kisses and unicorn stickers when suddenly the Heavens break open with the sounds of every beautiful song that has ever been written, and Jesus descends on pink fluffy clouds and hands you a delicately hand crafted invitation to his birthday party.
I know what you're thinking,
AND YES IT WAS THAT GOOD.

This foundation is utterly fantastic. Keep in mind, I have oily, acne-prone skin. Most foundations cake up on me, and look very unnatural.

Within a few minutes of application, this looked flawless on my skin! But it just got better as time went on. At the end of the day, I didn't look "flawless" exactly, but my face just looked completely natural and beautiful. As if I had naturally blemish free, redness free, oil free skin. It didn't even look like I had foundation on!!

T'was was a magical experience, and I didn't want to take it off, or stop looking at myself. I could've stared into that mirror for 1,000 fortnights.

Truly a magnificent product, and the key to the ministry of magic that is my makeup routine.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

First Impression:
i HATED this! to was so thick & my skin is SO dry that it felt as if I was wearing a mask. I needed to give it more time to love it.

Skin History:
I have EXTREMELYYYYYY dry skin. Like, itchy tight burning tight skin. This foundation is STUNNING when mixed with my moisturizer.

Overall:
I think it would be best for the oily skinned gals - but as long as you use a setting spray or something that adds moisture, you will be set!! This stuff lasts for HOURS! i did a review for it on my YT channel last year and got really good feedback. That was proof enough for me to keep using it =)

YouTube Video: (Posted 1 yr ago)

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This foundation is great I have extremely oily skin and this helps me stay matte most of the day. I hated this at first but it was due to the way I applied it. I used to apply it with a paddle brush and I used too much. The trick with this foundation is that a little goes a LONG way! I dot a tiny amount with a clean finger on my forehead, cheeks, chin and nose. Then I blend with a flat top brush like the MAC 130 or the elf small stipple brush and make sure to blend it. The consistency is very creamy and easy to blend. I was afraid it would be too "greasy feeling" but it's not. Then to finish off I powder it and it lasts almost all day. I do have to powder once but compared to other foundations I've used it's nothing. It lasts a lot longer than the liquid colorstay meaning I also have to work twice as hard to remove it at night but I don't mind. I also have not experienced any issues with breaking out.
I use the same color I use in the liquid formula 310 Warm golden (NC35 match) .If you have never used any colorstay foundation choose a color from the liquid formula and select the same one on the whipped because it is difficult to see the colors through that thick jar glass.

I have been using the regular Colorstay for about a year now

. I’m a fan of it, however I have dry/combination skin and the only shades that seemed to work for me were the oily/combination formula (the 2 formulations look so different in shade). So therefore the traditional was far too drying for my face. So lately, I’ve been looking for something with less coverage and I have been hearing that the Revlon ColorStay Whipped are just that so I had to give them a try.

It’s only day 2 of wearing it but I like it already. It is less coverage and seems to oxidize less than the traditional ColorStay. I picked up 320 Warm Golden. For your reference I go between 320, 330 and 340 for the traditional ColorStay in the Oily/Combination formula and between NC 30, NC 35 and NC 40 for MAC.

The container is cute, it looks like a high end skincare product jar. I use a scooper to remove some product so that I won’t be double dipping in the jar. This might be easier to get the last of product out as opposed to those bottles that foundation is usually contained. It’s easy enough to apply. I use my Real Techniques buffing brush.

The traditional ColorStay had some mega lasting power on me. This Whipped one seems to have decent lasting power too. I’m not sure about the 24 hours as the container claims but I would rarely have a need to wear foundation through 24 hours. I wore this to an hour long work out class I took last night and my face still looked well put together through a bunch of sweat.