November 24, 2014 | 964 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by heyannette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

DESCRIPTION OF ME ~ Light yellowy/olive complexion with a tendency to get redness on my cheeks and around my nose. MAC C2ish/NC20. Large pores, oily and prone to blackheads and occasional acne. Mid-thirties, some sun damage, (melasma) and fine creases on my forehead.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION~ The party line--> "Finally, truly decadent makeup offers ultimate performance. The mousse-like texture feels like silk on your skin. And, the time release formula balances skin for a flawless look. All day flexible wear without flaking, caking or feeling heavy." I agree, it doesn't flake, feel or look heavy at all.

PACKAGING~ Glass tub, reeeally annoying packaging but like others haver said, it does look cool!

CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE~ Creamy, thick mousse foundation.

APPLICATION~ Not very blendable, it dries fast but that's the nature of this type of foundation. Just gotta be fast!

FINISH~ The finish is matte but not cakey. Extremely dry, no dewiness on my really oily skin :o And, tight, it feels so tight. I had a hard time getting this stuff off of my skin! It's kind of like, dare I say, paint.

COVERAGE~ If I use my fingers I get a naturalish medium coverage and a stippling brush (I'm currently using an ELF!) and layer it can go pretty close to full.

STAYING POWER~ This stuff stays without powder like nothing I've ever tried.

SCENT~ It still smells like alcohol tbh and that's fine by me. It fades after it dries so not an issue.

COLOUR~ This is the rub. :( It's impossible to find a colour for my NC20 skin. Sand Beige is the right tone but the shade is too neutral, grey looking, ashy. My skin is really warm and this just doesn't work, just not enough yellow in it. The shade up is too dark. It's unfortunate.

OVERALL~ I had a hard time getting it off so I'm not sure if that's what lead to my skin being a bit cranky and stressed out after using this but it doesn't matter, I would put up with that if the shades were right. Everyone needs a super long lasting foundation for humid days and other times when you want your makeup to really last.

Thank you Seclusae2 giving me permission to use your great reviewing format.

INGREDIENTS~ Dimethicone , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Water , Isododecane , PEG/PPG 19/19 Dimethicone , Trisiloxane , Trimethylsioxysilicate , C 13 16 Isoparaffin , Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Boron Nitride , Dimethicone/Bis Isobutyl PPG 20 Crosspolymer , C10 13 Isoparaffin , Glycerin , Salicylic Acid , Tocopherol , Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract , Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract , Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract , Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract , Sodium Hyaluronate , Serica (Silk) , Alumina , Polyisobutene , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer , Cyclodextrin , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Silica , Methicone , Sodium Chloride , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Propylene Carbonate , Triethoxycaprylylsilane , Silica Silylate , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Tetrasodium EDTA , Phenoxyethanol , Caprylyl Glycol , 1 , 2 Hexanediol , May Contain (+/-): Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Iron Oxide (CI 77491) , Iron Oxide (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by sheff803

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG foundation! I have been on a long and frustrating hunt for my go-to foundation. I have tried both high end and drugstore products, with little success. First off, my skin is incredibly sensitive. I must avoid all products that contain parfum/fragrance, because that will immediately break me out. I have normal to oily skin, so I try to avoid foundations that look too dewy, since I can become quite oily as the day progresses. I am a teacher, so I have little to no opportunities to touch up my makeup, so I was looking for a long-wearing product. I heard many YouTube makeup gurus rave about the Revlon Whipped foundation. It took me about a month to finally give in and try it. OH MY GOODNESS...I am so glad I did. When I first used it, I was incredibly nervous that it would break me out, but so far it has been amazing! I have been using it for about three weeks and I have not gotten a single pimple!

Packaging: If I had to mention a con about this product, it would probably be the packaging. It comes in a jar, which I believe looks incredibly high end. It reminds me of the Chanel jar packages. However, the jar is a little annoying to work with. Some people are bothered, because they think the jar is not as hygienic as a pump. I am not worried about whether the jar is hygienic or not, I just prefer to work with a pump.

Color: I bought the foundation in the nude color. I also have the natural beige, which works for me as well since it is almost summer and I am slightly tanner. I have found that the lighter colors, such as sand beige, tend to have a greyer tone to them which is strange.

Application: Being that the product is in a jar, it is a little tricky to figure out how to apply the foundation. I have tried my fingers, a Beauty Blender, and a foundation brush. All work to apply the product, but I have found that using my Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki is the best method. I usually dot the product to my face and then blend it out with my brush.

Texture: The texture of the product looks so thick when it is in the jar, but it feels so amazing when it is on the skin. It honestly feels like I have nothing on my face, which I find to be so rare

Lasting Power: This product claims to last 24 hours. Needless to say, I have yet to wear a product for 24 hours; however, I have worn it for about 9-10 hours and it lasts ALL DAY! Honestly, I think it gets better the longer you wear it. The first time I wore it, I was working and stopped in the bathroom half way through the day to check my makeup during my lunch break. I was sure that when I looked in the mirror that the foundation would have worn off; however, it still looked perfect!

This foundation is amazing for me and I am so happy I bought it!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by mhe713

I wanted to love this foundation so freaking bad but its not to special. I waited months before i finally but the bullet and bought if after a beauty guru on YouTube raved about it. For me to be able to wear it I would have to scrub my skin almost raw and moisturize allot. I even bought the Real Techniques Stippling Brush to apply it and I ended up not entirely liking the brush either. The first time I used it, it caked up on my skin, showed allot of flakiness, was so hard to blend out, and I choose the lightest shade because I'm very fair but it looked too light on me. The next time that I used it i had just scrubbed half my face off trying to get skull makeup off of my skin and it worked good enough I wouldn't say it was amazing because it still showed some flaking skin and some acne but it felt weird on my face like it was heavy so I liked it even less. I've come to the conclusion that I'm just going to use it as concealer on my good skin days after I do two more test. My conclusion is that its not dry skin friendly.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Jen2892

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Loved this but after 2 months it made me breakout horribly. Im still recovering from the breakouts and scars it left behind.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by rosalini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros : 1) gives you complete coverage if you have acne scars & pimpls
2) last through the day
3) gives you a hint of glow without going too oily

Cons : 1) Jar type packaging. which i find less hygienic, i prefer foundations with pumps.
i find it hard scoop in using a jar, because you end up taking too much sometimes.
2) it MAY cause breakouts. especially if you live in a humid country + oily type of skin
3) feels abit heavy on your skin

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This gives a good finish if you can find your shade, but it settles into my pores. I've read that the whipped-stype foundations do bring attention to pores. sad

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by CindyAnn67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVED this foundation! I have rosacea and it covers beautifully. My only complaint, went through it too fast.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Price: $14 USD
Coverage: medium to full
Finish: natural
Texture: super smooth and buttery
Oil-Control: all day

Unlike the original liquid version, it doesn't reek of paint nor does it dry as fast. It has a faint "makeup" smell though.
It evens out redness and discolouration and covers up non-cystic acne and light scars. My dark circles disappear under this on a good day. I put this on in the morning and it lasts a day without touch-ups. Even with an oily T-zone, I barely need powder. Easier to work with than liquid because it doesnt dry in a cpuple seconds but it can feel heavy on my sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by stephdev

Loved this foundation. Found it a bit heavy though. I ended up mixing it up with a bit of my sunscreen for daily use.

Color match was perfect for my fair skin and it lasted well. I work 36 hours straight and I didn't look like total crap at the end of the shift.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by characterarc

I'm quite impressed with this foundation. Liquid CS didn't do much for me, but with summer approaching Vegas and seeing many good things said about this version and how well it lasts, I decided to return to Revlon.

Usually I'm nc25 but lately I'm inbetween NC25 and NC 30, veering towards the latter. I tried Sand Beige 200 initially - too light, clear difference between face and neck. 40ish online swatches later, I went for 320 Warm Golden. I was afraid it'd be too dark for me but it's actually a near-perfect match. It's close to Chanel VA in B30. (To compare, reviews for NARS Pure Radiant TM and Tarte's BB Tinted Treatment say their brands' closest NC30 shades are St Moritz and Medium, respectively, but both were way too dark on me). It's got the right amount of yellow, not pink on me and after wearing this for almost a month, there's been no oxidation issues.

Texture is thick and moussey. I use a plastic cosmetic spatula (you can buy like 20 for a dollar and some change at Sally Beauty) to scoop it from the jar. The jar itself isn't the most travel friendly, nor is it the easiest to dispense product from, but there is worse packaging out there (wide-mouthed glass jars with no pump I'm looking at you). It does look nice sitting on your vanity though.

Coverage - About medium to full. On me, since I'm combo to oily skinned, a cakey finish hasn't been an issue. In cooler weather that may change. IMO, it doesn't look UNnatural and makeup-y, but nor is it the most natural finish. To me, it sits in the middle. Finish on me is satin.

Application - with fingers. Used Real Techniques expert face brush once and it also worked well.

Wear time - Great! Easily wears well through 8-hour shifts, plus more. I wear Tarte's Clean Slate primer and Shiseido Urban Environment face sunscreen underneath. It doesn't keep oil at bay, nor do I really expect it to when I'm outside in 100-degree weather - what I want it do is to stay put and not melt away. Powdering throughout the day is not something I mind. I haven't suffered breakouts from this yet, and I'm acne-prone.

I'm not giving it 5 stars because again, getting it out of the jar can be kind of tedious so it's not a slap-on-and-go kind of foundation and I have yet to see how it'll perform in cooler weather when my skin gets drier (Note: My winter weather runs about 25-30 degrees at the coldest). But so far its a keeper for the warmer months.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No