Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 8/12/2013 2:29:00 PM

The first time I've tried this foundation, I've used my fingers, as it's usually recommended and I really hated it. It looked heavy, cakey, dull, like it made my skin look drier, and I wasn't in my driest state then. But then I've seen many Youtube so-called gurus raving about it and many of them saying this is a foundation that you learn to love, not a love at first sight. Ok, I had to give it one more shot. Let's try it with the beauty blender now: Love!!! It looked extremely natural, yet gave me great coverage, and lasted all day long. This foundation looks good as soon as I apply it, but it looks better one hour after, like it
becomes your skin. I have no idea what I did wrong the first time, but since then I've tried using my fingers again and now it's my favorite way to apply it. It's my most natural looking foundation. It's of of the best coverages. It worked when I was combination/oily and now that I am combination/dry. It's lasted all day on me, even on hot days, when I have sweated considerably. It's almost perfect. The only reasons why I don't wear it everyday are: 1) it's a bit expensive for me (since I'm not in the US and I have to buy it on Ebay), 2) this is not a quicky-throw-it-in-your-face foundation, it requires a bit more attention in the spreading/blending, and finally 3) the package is a heavy bulky glass jar that's not travel friendly at all, so this bay stays at home.
Overall, one of my favorite foundations ever!

Best way to apply it: my fingers (also works beautifully with a beauty blender, I'd avoid brushes, though)

Texture: as the name says, it's like a thick whipped cream

Finish: natural, satin-y (leaning more to matte than dewy)

Coverage: medium to full for me

Color match: 320 warm golden is a perfect match for my NC25-35 skin

Does it oxidize? No

Skin type: Combination-dry at the moment

Smell: No

Longevity: excellent, lasts all day for me

Does it break you up? No

Overall rating (1 to 5): 5+

on 8/12/2013 1:36:00 AM

After reading a lot of reviews I decided to try this. Someone mentioned earlier that it creates a blank canvas. This is SO true. It is super light coverage but extremely build able. I prefer to put on one layer and then another layer on specific areas-- I have a lot of acne scars on my cheeks-- and then I use concealer. It is also super necessary to set it with a powder as it stays very tacky. But it looks extremely natural and allows blush Bronzer etc to go on very natural!!!! Love it!!! It also has salicylic acid in it which works magic for break outs. I've slept in this and did not break out which is a first. Best application I found was with a flat liquid foundation brush. Be sure to scoop some out with clean finger tips and put on back of hand for application as the container isn't super cleanly !

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I read and watched a lot, A LOT of reviews, most of them or maybe... all of them were positive so I bought 200 Sand beige, it was pretty light for my NC30 MAC skin tone. Then I bought 250 Medium beige, againt just a tiny bit light for me... but well, Honestly I didnt wanted to buy it again because FYI, in Mexico (where I live) we are not as lucky as americans, we dont have testers and return policy in makeup so I didnt had any choice rather than wear it and warm it up with a bronzer. (I prefer a light foundation and adjust the tone with bronzer than a darker foundation and look like Im wearing a mask). The consistency is... Ok, you can turn up side down the container without the lid and keep it like this for 14 years and it will NEVER move. It is that thick.

So... I used it and I felt my skin a little bit heavy, I decided to keep the foundation on to see how it performed. It became an oily mess a couple hours later (2-3), my makeup looked so, SO heavy like if I was wearing 7 layers of the heaviest foundation in the world. I removed it and gave a second chance the next day... the same thing. Another chance the other day, the same damn thing!

I gave it to my sister who have super dry skin (it looks like recycled paper), I thought It would work great for her and yes... She loved it and she´s still using it.

She is very happy with it but both of us so as all of you agree and complain about the packaging. it is HUGE! Super bulky and heavy so dont even think about taking it with you in your purse or anything. Not travel friendly because it is a glass container, it feels and look expensive and glamorous but... Glass? No. The packaging reminds me (dont ask me why, I dont even know the reason) to Chanel products. Maybe because it look like a mini Chanel Universal Bronzer or I dont know.

The cap... Can we please talk about this? This is cheap, THIS IS CHEAP STUFF, GUYS! it closes well but with the time, the inside of the cap will break so you wont be able to screw it anymore.

The price of course doesnt match with the quality of the product, at least in Mexico it is expensive, like a MAC prolongwear concealer, something I love!!! I hate to remember I bought this thing instead of my HG concealer.

I wont buy it again. I wanted to loved it really much but it never worked for me.

on 8/9/2013 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I have been using the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation for almost 2 months now. The first two weeks that I was using this foundation, I thought it was good. Coverage is more medium than full. It has a slippery feel to it, which makes it blend easily and it doesn't dry as quickly as the regular colorstay. I use the ELF flat top powder brush to blend.
I gave it 3 star because after extended use : it really does dry out my skin :(
Staying power is average for me
Packaging: Really hate the bulky glass jar
The only positive is, it does well to neutralize "redness" on my skin, but other than that, there are many drugstore foundations that I feel are better and does not dry out my skin.

on 8/9/2013 2:13:00 AM

I gave this product a 4 due to the fact that I bought it today and I am already in love with it, I just don't want to jinx my luck. I struggle with oily/dry acne prone skin and have always used high end foundations and makeup. Until recently I decided I could save so much more money after reading wonderful reviews on makeupalley. I heard great things about the revlon color stay whipped foundation and decided to give it a go! OH WOW I love the texture as soon as I put it on my face. It's soft, velvet like, and best of all matte finish but still enough glow to make my skin look natural. I couldn't say enough great stuff about this. The coverage is fantastic and makes my skin look flawless and it lasts until I wash it off. I highly recommend this product to anyone especially people with blemishes that they wanna cover without feeling cakey or like you put clay in your face! I love the lightweight feeling this product gives!

on 8/6/2013 4:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this stuff for the winter. I have oily combo skin and I feel like it moisturized dry patches and controls oil too. It is not convenient in the jar but a little goes a long way for me. I think it's very buildable but if you are very oily it might melt off your face.

I feel like it is worth a try sure. I feel like it doesn't break me out either

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am pleasantly surprised by this foundation. I have yellow undertones that makes my skin very hard to match. I have tried many MANY different foundations from drugstore to high end, MAC/Dior to Rimmel, and nothing seemed to stay on my face. This gives me a flawless finish, without feeling heavy. I find it easier to blend than the traditional formula. Colorstay is the only foundation I have found that will stays on my face all day. What I like best is that you can easily add more foundation in areas that you need it. It can sort of take the place of a concealer on lighter, easier to cover flaws. I just add a little bit more under my nose and anywhere else looking a bit red, and it evens me out beautifully. This has become my new favorite foundation. :0) Yea!

on 8/6/2013 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I feel so-so about this foundation. For a full-coverage foundation I actually do prefer it over many others, including MAC Studio Fix (mainly because of it's neutral undertone, I personally dislike the yellow/pink undertones of MAC).
Although I usually wear the more light weight foundations, I opt for this for nights out because of the long-wearing power.
One annoyance I can't get past though is the scent, when put right under my nose I feel sorta.. queasy. Jar packaging is unnecessarily heavy and unhygienic. Can be drying (depending of state of my skin), I suspect it adheres better to oily skin and is an enemy of dry.

Verdict: has its flaws but does the job it ought (good staying power, matte and full-coverage).

on 8/6/2013 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. It made my under-eye circles look so much better and made my skin look flawless. I am really impressed and normally I can't stand foundation. If you are over 40 and feel crappy about your appearance, definitely try this. It made me feel attractive again.

on 8/5/2013 7:19:00 PM

I bought this product hoping it would be as amazing as people say it is. For starters my skin is combo. I have an oily T-zone and my cheeks and chin tend to be dry. I applied it and it looked fine. But then I noticed my dry areas looking very flaky! I hated it! It looked fine everywhere else. It does have great coverage though. Good thing is it didn't make me break out that's something good. Anyways, I even tried exfoliating and moisturizing before I applied and it still made my skin look flaky! I was really trying to like this foundation but it just didn't work.