Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Polybutene , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Octyldodecanol , PETROLATUM, Hydrogenated Polydecene , Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate , Jojoba , Polyethylene , Ozokerite , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Beeswax, Zinc Ricinoleate , Squalane , Silica , Shea Butter , Butter Mango , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, Coconut Oily, Synthetic Wax , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance , BHT , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2 Hexanediol , May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI,77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) , Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) , Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) , Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

on 8/7/2012 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Don't trust the rave reviews or their color descriptions and save your money. They are expensive, super sheer non-moisturising lip glosses that go into the lines and dry out lips - in pretty packaging with tons of hype. Most colors don't show up that much and some are suprisingly glittery. I mean glittery balm? They dry out people's lips and make them flake. I thought it was just me but then I checked out other peoples video reviews and talked to a few friends then realised the product makes dry lips get even worse for people with dry or sensitive lips. I thought thats what a "butter" would be for? But the worst thing about these lip "butters" is that most of the colors magnify lip lines 500%. Even on young girls with smooth lips I notice it collects into their lines and looks awful. If I had paid a couple of dollars I would just say oh well, but I paid NZ $27 here so its a major rip off.

on 8/3/2012 4:24:00 PM

I like the texture and how this product feels on my lips, however I just cannot find a color in the line that is good for everyday. The more neutral-nude colors do not look good with my skin tone or have tiny glitter particles in it which I hate.

on 8/2/2012 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Yes I would buy these series again IF they would alter the packaging. Maybe mine was broken from the start but the thing won't come down after I spin it out of the tube thingy-thingy (lol). Because it's lip butter, meaning that it is not as solid as lipsticks, they melt and smudge all over the place and it's just messy in general. I liked that they had a lot of colors and I liked that it was quite long lasting on my lips but again; the packaging does not make me happy.

on 8/2/2012 10:42:00 AM

I have bought a few of the lip butters now. I started wiith brown sugar and peach parfait ~ and I loved them both! Yesterday I went out and picked up 2 more shades ~ berry smoothie for myself and fig jam for my mom who has a tan complexion, The fig jam looked great on her and we both agreed that we love how they feel. All the shades I got for myself look great with fair skin. Loving the sheer color. I will probably buy more colors.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

i got this on sale, for only 3.99 and i was so happy with the results! it gives the perfect amount of shimmer and tint (i bought peach parfait) and it glides perfectly on your lips. it doesnt stay on as long as i want, but it moisturizes them and make your lips look a bit fuller. i will go back and get more, i can see why these lipbutters are so raved about :)

on 7/25/2012 5:51:00 PM

I purchased this product in Pink Truffle and I really like it. The color is very neutral and works well with my face. The product is very thick and feels like a matte lipstick while applying. The only thing that disappointed me was that it did not hydrate as well as I was expecting. It is basically like a thick, sheer lipstick.

on 7/23/2012 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Feels incredibly soft and hydrating! My only "problem" is the shades. I wish they were less sparkly and shimmery. That might also fix the "gritty" texture that some mention; the texture is fine by me, but I know what they mean. I wish they'd use the shades from the regular Colorburst series, like Fuschia, which is matter.

on 7/23/2012 6:48:00 AM

I love this product from Revlon. I have purchased Cotton Candy and Sweetart, and I have been really impressed with both of them! Cotton candy is a far lighter, subtle pink color whereas Sweetart is far more pigmented brighter pink colour.

I love that they are blend-able so that you can tone down brighter colors for an everyday look. I haven't found them especially moisturizing though! I also found that when you have chapped lips they do tend to look blotchy.

In short I really do like this product, and I will definately be trying out more shades!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love this product! Initially I bought one colour, loved it so much I went back and bought 4 more! They are lovely and moisturising while providing a pop of colour. They are the perfect in between for lip gloss, lipstick and lip balm. I find it's much of a natural look which is great for work. The new must have in my handbag! Definitely recommend!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really liked these lip butters. The Fig Jam is awesome and it's a wear anywhere color. My complain is that I went through a tube fast because I had to constantly reapply.
The main reason I dont use these anymore is that if I kissed my husband wearing these, his lips would hurt and turn a red color and swelled up. It lasted for about a week after kissing me. I didn't have a reaction but its a possibility with these.

Popular Lipsticks