July 31, 2014 | 1922 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dior Addict EDP

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2004 5:34:00 AM More reviews by tomsgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ah, no thanks to this overwhelming and nothing-new-here addition to Dior. Reminds me again to try before I buy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2004 1:30:00 AM More reviews by rosieee

I thought I liked this until I sprayed it on before coming online to swap...I could smell it on my wrist as I typed and all I could think of was that it smelled like Marzipan! ick or almond paste...Definetely will not buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2004 8:07:00 PM More reviews by lilahwi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample from Sephora. Heavy and cloying come to mind after applying it. It is a very strong, musky scent. I like fragrances that are more light, so this is not the fragrance for me. It is a very familiar smelling scent, I am not sure if someone I know wears it or if it's just "that kind of scent".

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2004 5:23:00 PM More reviews by lola_lola

One of my absolute favorites. The first seconds after the spritz is screaming and cacophonic - orange blossom! Gardenia! Spice! But it's a joyous shout, and it sounds out in unison. And then the echoes of the opening - soft woods, warm nutty tonka bean, intoxicating bourbon vanilla, and through the drydown, the soft white floral meanders in and out like a little ghost. I think it's so beautiful. It's not soft and pretty. But it's soft, and strong, and womanly and deep and intoxicating. Utterly unforgettable.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2004 1:08:00 AM More reviews by PurpleFairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this, that is all I can say. I find the bottle cute. and I love the packaging it comes in so pretty

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2004 1:01:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Quite one-dimensional vanilla scent. It is not too overwhelming or too heavy on my skin, but I have no wish to wear it. The drydown could be a bit too sweet and cloying. All in all an average scent. I've expected more from Dior. I don't like the packaging either. Probably could be soft and warm and inviting on someone...As far as I can see it is very popular.*****UPDATE (09/17/2005): I tried this fragrance again: just a drop of edp and I was surprised how soft and "quiet", close to the skin fragrance this could be - if you don't overdo it. I was kind of intrigued because I didn't like Addict when it was first released, so I've tried it these days several times more. Well, I've changed my mind. This fragrance is quite cute. I even like the packaging now - it is practical, simple and modern, especially if you get a small 20 ml edp that you can safely wear in your purse. As I have noticed before, it is mainly vanilla fragrance, not very complicated but pleasant enough, "cuddling" and comforting... It has an excellent staying power and doesn't turn sour or tart. It is classified as an Oriental but it has an edible quality to it, that I didn't notice when I first tried it. I'm usually not fond of gourmand, edible scents but this is not stomach turning: it is like fresh, soft vanilla cookies (someone has already said here that Addict smells a bit like cookies), sort of a sweet, sexy little scent. Of course this is definitely a fall/winter scent, and if you really love it just a fragranced body lotion or body cream would be suffice for summer. I rated it 3 at first but now I'm adding 1 lippie here.*****UPDATE (10/06/2005): I was about to purchase Addict edp today but this time again it was not alluring enough for me: pretty plain vanilla and a bit too overwhelming, sweet cloying notes (sandalwood?). Oh no, I'm giving up - it is not for me. I'm so silly - I have to reduct 1 lippie again, sorry! But that's it, I won't return to this review again!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2004 9:02:00 AM More reviews by SEMAMYAV

O no..not my kind of smell. It smells horrible on me. But on the right person I think it could be really interesting.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2004 7:41:00 AM More reviews by schminken

As a vanilla hater, this is one of the worst offenders. If you like vanilla, then by all means, go out and get this. The crazy thing is that all the other notes are quite nice its just a dang shame about all that vanilla. Its like many reviewers said, you put it on and its the only thing you can smell for hours and hours. no fresh air for you. Its like a perfume coffin. you are trapped. I dont how mean would find this sexy. If I were a man I would think. "Wooooah maybe she shouldnt bath in her perfume" or " Holy Cow! She really must stop bathing in her perfume and then going to work all day at the bakery." Im just not a fan (If you can tell). But dont let me hold you back. Sample!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2004 3:05:00 AM More reviews by NancyT

This scent is a bit too heavy and cloying for me. If you like Obsession or Opium (I don't) you'd probably like this. On me it smells like a very spicy, musky, vanilla-floral. I can believe that men would find this sexy, but it's just really hard for me to wear. Even applied sparingly, it feels like I'm enveloped in it and can't smell anything else.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2004 10:37:00 PM More reviews by uberbabe007

Way too much vanilla...can't see what all the fuss is about. Smelling like a cookie is not sexy.