December 19, 2014 | 1540 users online

Fragrances - Dior - Dior Addict EDP

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2004 2:52:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love Addict. It's a strong, syrupy, narcotic vanilla, hints of resin and incense in it, too. Not for the faint of heart, and I wouldn't recommend wearing it in the heat. I guess it's a love/hate thing. I wouldn't wear it every day, but then again, I don't do that w/ anything. It's wonderful if I am in the mood for something ultra sexy and sweet.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2004 1:50:00 AM More reviews by lavenderfleur

I love Addict. It is very strong, so I have to be careful not to apply too much. I actually spray a cotton ball and then dab it on, otherwise, it's just overwhelming. This is perfect for fall and winter, but I wouldn't dare try it during summer in Texas! I just got my full bottle today, and received two compliments while I was out. I love that! I will definitely repurchase this. It's my HG sexy, going out scent.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2004 11:41:00 AM More reviews by emiliejolie

At first, I liked the scent, even if it was a bit strong. This fragrance has most of the notes I like in a perfume. Unfortunately, I never had such a bad migraine!! I tried it 3X, and each time I got almost sick because of the very strong headache it gave me. Too bad. :-( continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2004 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Lilith_Ambre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this mutually hateful relationship with Addict, it's pathetic. But something always keeps me going back to it, however briefly.
This time may be the one.
Starts out very flowery/vanilla and smokey/incensey. Only this time, instead of turning to flat, cold, plastic vanilla, it decided to be nice. It let the woods and musk come through in the dry down, which really creates the magic in this scent. So what I ended up with was a vanilla scent with smokey touches throughout, lightened up with easy florals and silkened with velvety woods. No powdery effect, but great sillage anyway. Spray easy because this does expend greatly with human chemistry.
EDITED: I removed a lippie because hours down the road, it did become annoying as hell. Sugary. But that took a long time to happen, about 6 or more hours. Until then, it was pretty good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2004 5:41:00 AM More reviews by g_82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the top and middle note of Addict.Very sexy and seductive in a decent way. However, the base note is a bit tacky on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2004 7:16:00 PM More reviews by lamujerindependiente

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! it seems as though everything has already been said about this, I just wanted to up the ratings with my vote! lol ;) Plus, I got the 3.4oz bottle for $39 bucks online from a discount place; take that, 75 dollar sephora!!! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2004 5:34:00 AM More reviews by tomsgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ah, no thanks to this overwhelming and nothing-new-here addition to Dior. Reminds me again to try before I buy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2004 1:30:00 AM More reviews by rosieee

I thought I liked this until I sprayed it on before coming online to swap...I could smell it on my wrist as I typed and all I could think of was that it smelled like Marzipan! ick or almond paste...Definetely will not buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2004 8:07:00 PM More reviews by lilahwi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample from Sephora. Heavy and cloying come to mind after applying it. It is a very strong, musky scent. I like fragrances that are more light, so this is not the fragrance for me. It is a very familiar smelling scent, I am not sure if someone I know wears it or if it's just "that kind of scent".

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2004 5:23:00 PM More reviews by lola_lola

One of my absolute favorites. The first seconds after the spritz is screaming and cacophonic - orange blossom! Gardenia! Spice! But it's a joyous shout, and it sounds out in unison. And then the echoes of the opening - soft woods, warm nutty tonka bean, intoxicating bourbon vanilla, and through the drydown, the soft white floral meanders in and out like a little ghost. I think it's so beautiful. It's not soft and pretty. But it's soft, and strong, and womanly and deep and intoxicating. Utterly unforgettable.