April 16, 2014 | 1942 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by honeyjaffar

LISTEN UP IF YOU ARE GOING TO BUY THIS PRODUCT FOR THE UNDER EYES DONT DO IT! IT WILL CAKE AND IT WILL CREASE NO MATTER HOW MUCH TO PATT IT IN. IF YOU WANT IT TO COVER YOUR BLEMISHES AND ACNE SCARS THEN GO RIGHT AHEAD CAUSE ITS GRAET FOR THAT! ALSO, THE COLOR SELECTION IS AWFUL, BUT IT IS A CHEAP PRODUCT.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 5:19:00 AM More reviews by arianell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Out of all the concealers I own, Hard Candy's Glamoflauge is the one I reach for most often. I own a number of higher-end concealers -- MUFE Full Cover being my all-time favorite -- and Glamoflauge doesn't quite live up to that standard, but it's darn close.

Pros:
- a little bit goes a long, LONG way.
- it works on just about everything - my dark circles, the scar on my shoulder, redness/discoloration around my nose and lips, the occasional blemish... etcetera.
- the packaging is simple but nice.

Cons:
- as countless other reviewers have noted, it's very thick, and it can look cakey/unnatural if too much is used, or if it isn't patted into your skin thoroughly.
- color selection (or lack thereof) - I'm an NC20, and the "light" shade is slightly too light, but "medium" is definitely too dark.

Overall, this is an awesome, inexpensive little workhorse of a product, and I'll definitely repurchase it if I ever run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by winwoodgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this concealer at Wal Mart a few days ago for $6. My intentions were to use it as an under eye concealer . I didn't realize how thick its consistency was until I dabbed a little onto some facial redness. Definitely use a light hand with this baby unless you're on the run from the FBI and are trying to conceal your identity! A pin dot works well under my eyes for any darkness . I spread it out there by gently dabbing the area with my Beauty Blender and setting it with a little powder. It actually "lifts" my under eye area making my eyes appear brighter and younger looking. I use the lightest shade which is VERY light so beware ladies. If you're not careful you can end up looking like a psychotic raccoon. I'd definitely repurchase but do not believe I'll have to do so for awhile. Like I said a little goes a long way.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by canceroustraguses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Perfect concealer!
I haven't tried a crazy array of concealers, and I really don't buy anything that isn't drug store (give or take a few lipsticks and a foundation).
People say glamoflauge is WAY too thick. That's the point! It's a tattoo concealer. All you need is a very very very tiny smudge, and all your problems areas are taken care of. My skin is pretty clear. I put concealer on my eyes, and maybe a small pimple if I have one.
Make sure you put powder on this, because even if you put a little on and blended it flawlessly, it will still crease. (Assuming you have oily lids. Mine are dry, but still, put powder on it.)
It's cheap, it's giant, it's covering, it's easy to access. You should get it!
The only problem is, it's only three colours. I'm very light (nc15), and the lightest one is still a bit dark for me, but with powder and blending it matches my skin tone.
I recommend!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by beebop808

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been searching for a really good drugstore concealer and thought this would have been "the one". The consistence and packing are great, however, the color is just too light for me. I fluctuate from an C40 to NC43-44 and still too light. Maybe if they came out with more color it would steer me back, until then, my drugstore search continues.
P.S. Had this product for about a year now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by KateFantasizes

Wow, This concealer is great, it covers up my dark under eyes perfectly without creasing. A little goes a long way! Here in Canada, its only $6! I find that it's best to apply just a bit to a large concealer brush, dab it all over your under eyes, and then rub it in. It works great on covering up redness, blackheads and pimples as well. I'll definitely be repurchasing this product

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by kateeexoxo84

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a heavy duty concealer, however it can also look very cakey. I also don't like how Hard Candy only has a few shades available. I have Medium and it doesn't match my skin tone very well, and even if i try to blend it in and make it work it is still very noticable. It always looks cakey no matter what I do. I do like the little concealer pencil it comes with because it goes on really smooth and would be great to throw in my bag to touch up with through out the day, however it does not match my skin tone. Also you only need such a small amount of this and the tube dispenses so much i feel like im always wasting it. If they come out with more shades and different packaging I might try this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by TumbleGirl7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great full coverage concealer! I have tried every drugstore concealer out there and some high end ones, but none compare to this! I got mine a few days ago at walmart for about $6, which is fine, because I usually spend more! I have used it a few times now and I already love it! I also love how it's a squeeze tube, that makes it more sanitary! I just squirt a tiny dab onto my hand then blend it in using my concealer brush! It is awesome and now my face looks flawless! It does a great job of covering blemishes and pimples :) great product!

UPDATE: NEVER USE THIS IF YOU HAVE ACNE PRONE SKIN. This product broke me out so badly after using it for about a week. Disgusting pizza face everywhere, soooo gross. I've never had a product do this to me before!! I've gone back to using my benefit boi-ing concealer, I'd rather pay the money to avoid this again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by iamtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is even better than the expensive MAC concealer I used to use. I think it's my new favorite. It's thick and creamy, lasts a long time and doesn't break me out (I'm prone to breaking out from makeup ingredients). I love that it comes in a tube and will stay sanitary in there. It doesn't cover my black tattoo on its own, but the little pencil that comes in the package helps with that a lot. I think if I ever decide to pack on a few layers, I'd probably be able to cover it. I only did one layer as a test before I got bored and decided not to waste product >.>

I'm pale and the light shade is a great match for my skin, though I know it won't match everyone's (I'm quite white, but not one of those super-fair redheads).

And the PRICE! The only things I wear regularly are concealer and eye makeup, and because my skin is so sensitive, I'm willing to pay bigger bucks for better stuff. I can't believe this is so cheap and yet so good! Also, no animal testing. I'm in love.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by veronica8690

ok i bought this after seeing blogs saying that this stuff really covers for dark circles. i do not really have bad dark circles so i can not say if it would really benefit someone with bad circles but for the light circles i do have, it worked magic! i also use this stuff for work to cover my tattoo. it works great! the only problem with this is that is comes in only 3 shades. light, tan and medium. light is sooooo white and tan is pretty dark so being that the product only costs 6 bucks i bought both colors. good thing i did! i mix the light and tan together and it makes the perfect color for me. the pencil could be bigger but im really only going to be using it on my tattoo. as someone else said, a little goes a long way!! i tried using this 3 times before i really got it to look good. the other times it looked cakey and made horrible creases under my eyes. it stays pretty well for the whole day too! really try it! and for anyone thats looking for a dupe of kat von d tattoo concealer, this is it!