November 24, 2014 | 1631 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Something about this concealer will just not let it work with my skin. No matter how little I use, it looks cakey and obvious and gets really gross looking after a few hours. Under the eyes it's a nightmare. The color ultra light is a great match, but the consistency of this product doesn't work for me at all. I do like the pencil it comes with for post acne marks, so it does have one redeeming quality for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

It seems I'm in the minority here, but this product is nothing amazing. For reference, my skin is yellow toned, oily, and has mild acne scars so I'm always on the quest for a new HG....but this isn't it! Bought the shade Medium-Light, the closest match to my actual skin tone (which is more yellow). It's a bummer Hard Candy's shade variety is so limited. I've tried applying this product in a variety of ways- with my fingers, a foundation brush, and concealer brush with no avail. After an hour of wear it starts to slide off my face and looks cakey (mind you, I only use the tiniest drop!) It broke my skin out after only a week of use, so sensitive, acne-prone gals BEWARE! The only time I use glamoflage is to fill in underneath my eyebrows or as an eyeshadow base, otherwise it's oily trash!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Mimiii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first concealer I have ever tried and after seeing the rave reviews, I decided to try it, and I am not disappointed! It cost me about $6, maybe a bit more, but no more than $7. As soon as I got home I tried this out and after using just the tiniest amount (smaller than a pin head!) and dabbing it on the back of my hand to test it out, and holy crap! I can safely say this covered most of the back of my hand with even, flawless, natural coverage! I tried this for my under eye circles and let me tell you, they're DARK; it's a hereditary thing. I used the smallest amount and it was enough for both eyes and quite a few blemishes. It did crease ever so slightly, but I applied a bit of my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder to set it and it that helped. It covered my acne and hyper-pigmentation perfectly and flawlessly, looking very natural. I have this in the color Ultra Light and it has a very yellow undertone, that's why it's so good at hiding my under eye circles. I have very dry skin in the winter and it did settle into one of my dry patches while using my Revlon ColorStay for normal/dry skin, however I used this once with a tinted moisturizer and did not have that problem, so make sure skin is well moisturized before using this (as with all products!) since it will settle into those dry patches. And if you have oily skin, I believe this is perfect, for it has great coverage but amazing staying power also. It didn't look cackey throughout the day either. Also, on a side note, I had run out of my eye shadow primer and used this as a substitute for when I was going with my family to the mall and when I got back at night, my eye shadow still looked intact and quite fresh. Also I want to say that the packaging is adorable, as with most Hard Candy products! I would repurchase, but it would take me forever to do so because it's such a small amount I use on a day to day basis. I would give it five lippies, if only it hadn't settled into my dry patches, but it's something with an easy fix. It's very inexpensive and you use a little amount, so I recommend this to everyone (maybe not so much if you have suuuupr dry skin). Also, as for the little liner-concealer thingy (sorry I don't know the correct, fancy name) but it has good coverage! Good for small birth marks or freckles. All in all, a great product!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Oh how I wish the new shade Medium Light would match my NC25 skin, but sadly it doesn't. It has gray cast, think Skin 79 Gold BB cream effect. The shade Light has very yellow tones and matches my under eye MAC Prolong Wear concealer in NC20 exactly. Coverage is awesome as all those rave, a drop will do half your face, consistency is creamy thick-so apply light pressure to squeeze. The mini concealer pencil is perfect for my waterline- natural soft big eye look.

Hold the clear box packages in store light & you should be able to see the difference in undertones very obviously. Im still going to try to make this work, mixed in with a darker/yellower tinted moisturizer (once I find one!) because its worth that much of an effort.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by beforerushhour

I bought this specifically for my under-eye circles, but I use it for blemishes/redness as well. All you need is a pin-head amount to cover decent ground.

Pros:
-They now have a wider shade selection. Ultra light is good for undereye circles on paler individuals.
-They give you a ton of this product.... .71 ounces to be exact. But with the amount you need, this will last forever.
-The pigmentation is amazing for the price (six bucks)... I still can't believe it.
-Very very little creasing

Cons:
-You can only find it at Walmart
-slightly heavy and drying for the under-eye area (not for the rest of the face though).
*But here's the trick:
Use a tiny amount with an little eyecream or moisturizing primer mixed in it for this area (you should still prime your skin before this though). It works flawlessly.

Basically, for six bucks, you can't beat it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this is pretty good quality. As long as you remember to shake it up before you squeeze product out, you will get some seriously full coverage. A tiny drop (less than half the size of a pea) is enough to conceal any discoloration around both of my eyes. I use this in medium light. It is pretty convenient to pick up since it is at WalMart. I would recommend this to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by ZAFO

I got the darkest shade, Tan, and although it's not an exact match to my skintone (NC40) it's forgivable since foundation goes over it anyway. It covers all my blemishes and doesn't cakeómost importantly, it also doesn't break me out!! The hygienic, sturdy squeeze-tube packaging is also a plus, so no complaints here... will definately purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by MeganIsNotMegan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first ever HOLY GRAIL.

I have horrible genetic under-eye circles. I used to go through a vigorous routine of concealer, foundation, and more concealer just to disguise them. This concealer has set me free!

I now only use a bit of this under my eyes and on imperfections and top of it with any powder and I'm flawless all day!

I was reluctant to try this because "full coverage" products never seem to work with me. I typically can ony use brightening and tone correcting type things because my main problems are redness and darkness. Reckon was a miss. Before this I was using the new Covergirl and Olay line and pretty happy with it, though it was expensive. I saw this now came in a new lighter shade and my curiosity got the best of me and I'm so glad it did!

Cut my makeup time and price nearly three-fold. Cute and convient packaging too. So perfect

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

this REALLY is a heavy duty concealer! it does not feel heavy although it is really thick. i use this over estee lauder double wear foundation. i only use one layer of the EL DW, but my acne scarring still shows through so i use this over to completely conceal and give me a full coverage finish. i set it with paladdio rice powder. it lasts almost all my day, my scarring shows a bit as the day goes but it still lasts and does not completely come off, so thats good. this is also good as an undereye concealer! my dark circles arent that bad so i use a sheer layer, and it completely conceals. im so glad this is $6. plus A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY ! i use two small dots on both of cheeks, then a dot on my chin and forehead (yup i have acne scarring pretty much all over.) and it completely conceals. i know this will last a long time. definitley recommend. if you have super super dark circles/scarring/tattoos you might need to do some layering. overall, i recommend. i dont use the pencil it comes with.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by bananasx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This concealer is amazing! It conceals with just the littlest pin point, and stays there all day. It's only $6, dirt cheap for such a good product! Do yourself a favor and buy this. There is only one "eughh" side though. If you use too much, it looks cakey and flakey. Use it sparingly under the eyes for a flawless look.
Good luck!