August 21, 2014 | 1424 users online

Polishes - OPI - I'm Not Really A Waitress

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2006 10:13:00 PM More reviews by shauna23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite color of all time! I love the shimmer and the deepness of the red. 2 coats is enough for me every time. I have tried other reds and keep coming back to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2006 10:10:00 PM More reviews by cwalters1218

Very pretty color, see it listed on the best of lists all the time! It takes me two coats to get the true color which is a beautiful deep, true candy apple red. Just gorgeous on toes and fingers. Price is a little high but really not that much compared to drugstores for the quality. Awesome shade, imo would looked great on almost everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2005 10:05:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

Hands down, my favourite candy apple red shimmer! It also seems to suit so many different skintones. Its shimmer also makes it perfect for holiday parties.

Pics:Nails continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2005 4:39:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

Another "must have" staple!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2005 4:15:00 PM More reviews by lindi828

I love this color. My neighbor showed it to me last fall and said it was a great color to go from fall right through the Holidays. It's a nice dep red, with a bronzy, goldy hue to it. Not too cool or warm, a great color on the tooties too!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2005 11:23:00 AM More reviews by 1975Crumpet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As with all OPI polishes the application is a bit of a pain for me, I find the brush too slender and therefore cannot get the coverage in the time required before the varnish starts to dry, apparently they design the brushes not to 'fan out' upon application, this fanning can have its advantages as it lets you control coverage faster, I also find the brush a little long, the general feeling is that the longer the brush the better the application but again this notion passes me by, the best designed nail polish brushes come from Nails Inc - I digress somewhat...the colour of 'Waitress' after three coats is beautiful and very dramatic, it oozes quality, the Christmas bauble analogy is spot-on, a glass like finish with a subtle but sophisticated shimmer. I recommend a brisk buffing and a good base coat first as this polish can show up any ridges or unevenness terribly, but if the prep' is done the result is nails that look a million dollars!.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2005 11:18:00 AM More reviews by ilakdala

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Many reviewers describe I'm Not Really a Waitress as "candy apple red," and I think that's the best description. It has a gleam that comes from a pretty microshimmer. Reviewer racket11 describes it nicely when she writes it has a "mirror-like finish which is so like those shiny ornament balls you hang on the tree." It's color reminds me of those red glass ornaments as well. The longevity (wear) is excellent, like most of OPI's polishes. I think this is a very pretty, festive red, particularly for a pedicure. While I'm Not Really a Waitress may be considered a "universal" or "perfect" red in that it tends to look good on everyone, it is *not* a red I would wear regularly on my tips. It is too "festive" looking; I tend to go with vamp or neutrals. That's just a personal preference, not a criticism!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2005 9:02:00 PM More reviews by chgoeditor

Love it! Love it! Love it! Love it! "In Style" magazine says this is the universally wearable red nail polish, and they're not lying! This shade is slightly darker than blood red, with a hint of metalic undertones. I wear it on my toes year-round, and it never fails to disappoint. Plus, OPI polishes are great quality...they apply smoothly and stay on for ages without chipping.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2005 3:24:00 PM More reviews by lizsybarite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Friends have designated INRAW as the "universal high femme pedicure color," and I'd be hard-pressed to disagree. Before knowing anything about OPI or what shades were popular, this one positively leapt off of the manicurist's shelf at me and has been a staple ever since. Even when I go to a nail salon hoping to try something new, I say "ooh look, pretty!" and end up grabbing the same damn bottle I already have at home. Guess I'm just predictable that way. What can I say that hasn't already been said... deep candy apple/wine, smooth sexy color, good quality, blah blah. Just to be a bitch, I knocked off one lippie (but just barely) because my bottle is a little too syrupy and viscous for easy application. But I'm just splitting hairs. INRAW owns my toes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2005 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Wend1

A gorgeous, opulent, candy-apple red. It looks great against my paler than pale feet. The quality is also excellent. On my toes, it lasted for several weeks without chipping.