December 22, 2014 | 1623 users online

Polishes - OPI - I'm Not Really A Waitress

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2006 8:43:00 PM More reviews by parrottheadmd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

INRAW is a gorgeous candy apple red with a subtle and classy shimmer. Up close you can see the depth of that shimmer...from far away it just looks deliciously glossy. On me, one coat (and it covers well in just one coat!) gives a brighter red closer to a fire engine red (but not quite). I prefer 2 coats because I get that deep candy apple color that really compliments almost any skintone. I would probably tend to wear this during the fall/winter and not during the spring/summer unless it really complimented an outfit; not because it is dark, but just because brighter reds would probably look better during that season than this deeper, richer one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2006 10:52:00 AM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tend to go for dramatic, trendy colors. My latest love has been sparkly black polishes. However, now I have to head back to work and school and reality. This is perky enough on my naturally short but groomed nails to look cheerful but not unprofessional. When I applied the first coat, I was concerned about fushia-ness with my warm skin, but 2 coats looks just dandy! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2006 10:13:00 PM More reviews by shauna23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite color of all time! I love the shimmer and the deepness of the red. 2 coats is enough for me every time. I have tried other reds and keep coming back to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2006 10:10:00 PM More reviews by cwalters1218

Very pretty color, see it listed on the best of lists all the time! It takes me two coats to get the true color which is a beautiful deep, true candy apple red. Just gorgeous on toes and fingers. Price is a little high but really not that much compared to drugstores for the quality. Awesome shade, imo would looked great on almost everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2005 10:05:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

Hands down, my favourite candy apple red shimmer! It also seems to suit so many different skintones. Its shimmer also makes it perfect for holiday parties.

Pics:Nails continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2005 4:39:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

Another "must have" staple!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2005 4:15:00 PM More reviews by lindi828

I love this color. My neighbor showed it to me last fall and said it was a great color to go from fall right through the Holidays. It's a nice dep red, with a bronzy, goldy hue to it. Not too cool or warm, a great color on the tooties too!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2005 11:23:00 AM More reviews by 1975Crumpet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As with all OPI polishes the application is a bit of a pain for me, I find the brush too slender and therefore cannot get the coverage in the time required before the varnish starts to dry, apparently they design the brushes not to 'fan out' upon application, this fanning can have its advantages as it lets you control coverage faster, I also find the brush a little long, the general feeling is that the longer the brush the better the application but again this notion passes me by, the best designed nail polish brushes come from Nails Inc - I digress somewhat...the colour of 'Waitress' after three coats is beautiful and very dramatic, it oozes quality, the Christmas bauble analogy is spot-on, a glass like finish with a subtle but sophisticated shimmer. I recommend a brisk buffing and a good base coat first as this polish can show up any ridges or unevenness terribly, but if the prep' is done the result is nails that look a million dollars!.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2005 11:18:00 AM More reviews by ilakdala

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Many reviewers describe I'm Not Really a Waitress as "candy apple red," and I think that's the best description. It has a gleam that comes from a pretty microshimmer. Reviewer racket11 describes it nicely when she writes it has a "mirror-like finish which is so like those shiny ornament balls you hang on the tree." It's color reminds me of those red glass ornaments as well. The longevity (wear) is excellent, like most of OPI's polishes. I think this is a very pretty, festive red, particularly for a pedicure. While I'm Not Really a Waitress may be considered a "universal" or "perfect" red in that it tends to look good on everyone, it is *not* a red I would wear regularly on my tips. It is too "festive" looking; I tend to go with vamp or neutrals. That's just a personal preference, not a criticism!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2005 9:02:00 PM More reviews by chgoeditor

Love it! Love it! Love it! Love it! "In Style" magazine says this is the universally wearable red nail polish, and they're not lying! This shade is slightly darker than blood red, with a hint of metalic undertones. I wear it on my toes year-round, and it never fails to disappoint. Plus, OPI polishes are great quality...they apply smoothly and stay on for ages without chipping.