Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 9/4/2012 6:11:00 AM

I like this product. It smells fresh and its light compared to other liquid foundation. It also gives a good coverage and it lasts all day. I think by far this is my favourite foundation although i don't wear foundation often. I only wear it for a night out.

on 9/3/2012 6:45:00 PM

I bought this after reading postive reviews about 6 months ago and have been using it ever since. I'm on my second purchase. The coverage is slightly more than a tinted moisturized, but less than full coverage. It blends into skin instantly and has a *pore minimizing effect (*does not last all day, darn!, but coverage lasts). It is designed for oily complextions, so depending on your skin/routine you may need to use with a moisturizer. It has a definite floral scent which if you like florals, is very lovely. The colors could be a little better in terms of skin match for me compared to some other brands I've tried, however I still think it's a fantastic product because of the level of coverage, how it blends into the skin, and the finish it leaves which is natural, but enhanced with a very subtle glow.

on 9/2/2012 8:16:00 PM

I agree wholeheartedly with everything glendaly22 said re: it oxidising after only a couple of hours. And I definitely get the same powdery/cakey look as well.

on 9/1/2012 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this foundation alot. I have a very hard to match skintone. I am medium but do not have the yellow undertones added to most foundations created for medium skin. My skin is more pink toned. The BR40 is perfect for me, when I am not tanning, it is my go to foundation. When I tan and use sunless tanner during early summer, it is too light and I use my Dior. It has a great smooth consistency and doesnt feel cakey. I also like the fragrance. I know alot of people do not like a fragrance in their MU, but I do prefer it. It makes application such a pleasure. I think that is why most HE cosmetics do have a fragrance added, they feel more luxurious. Anyway, love it! Will continue to purchase this.

on 8/31/2012 6:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I wud simply say dis is my everyday foundation.. Not too light n not too heavy... It feels good on my face. The only prob is : it runs out fast+expensive!

This product ended my long, long quest for a HG foundation. I found a couple of samples from and tried it on a friday, it was a perfect match! That day I had so many comments about how well I looked I decided it was worth investing in. The following week I tried to buy it and it wasn't released in UK yet. Forgot all about until I happened to be walking past the Chanel counter on release day. It was fate!!
I love the ease of applying it with my fingers when I want less coverage or with a flat top foundation brush when I want to build the coverage. I love the satiny finsh that make me look really healthy but not shiny or overly dewy. I love the scent. I love the fact it contains ingredients that are good for the skin.
Slightly disappointed by the plastic bottle, it feels quite flimsy, but I guess thats because it needs a good shake and a good squeeze as you near the end. But hey, I can put up with the packaging in return for a foundation that actually suits my tempermental skin!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Love love LOVE this fondation! I'm the shade b20, nw15, 117 in MUFe hd
I have oily acne prone skin and this foundation gives me perfect coverage for school and doesn't slide off my face.
It's too expensive sadly;( and I wish it came with a pump, the way it comes out is weird.
A little VA and powder and you're set to go:) I recommend you get a tester first

on 8/27/2012 9:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I have the Vitalumiere Aqua in 20 Beige (BB Sand/ Clinique Alabaster or Ivory). I wanted something lighter and for 'no-makeup' makeup days. I have combo skin and the Vitalumiere (Non-Aqua) look awful on my face so I went for the Aqua.
Light coverage that would be hard to build, settles into a *slight* powdery finish. I think this is the first make-up I've tried that looks like real skin, it evens my skin tone gives it a nice healthy finish (not oily, not luminous - just normal healthy skin). I use a flat top foundation brush for application. *SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE*

BUT WAIT!!
Watched Lisa Eldrige apply this with her hands and I've absolutely fallen in love with this foundation. Im a brush kind of girl, but applied with your hand it looks amazing. Previously had acne, but now my skin has cleared up I really love this. Now 99% sure I will use this for my wedding, LOVE IT!!

VERDICT: Natural, second-skin foundation with beautiful finish. Wouldn't look that great with acne/poor skin, but amazing on clear skin.

on 8/25/2012 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i dont understand, i have a really good skin with foundation, i can wear , loreal, revlon, estee lauder, clinique ,Dior, and my skin its ok!, i do have combination skin, and some break outs once a month, but every brand, works for me....
until i went to buy the chanel vitalumiereaqua foundation.....
dont get me wrong , the first time i went to the counter, they apply me the foundation , and i thougth that was great!!!!!
well, one month later i bougth it at the Houston Airpot ( yes duty free) and i dont know if my foundation its old, or what but my foundation looks awfull,, cakey , ligther than my color skin, ( i bougth the same color that ive tryed)
it not last at all, just like one hour , then it breaks in my nose, and even i use pressed powder, dslick spray .......
im so disapointed and angry...... and i dont know if the make up its old, or if it doesnt works on me.......

on 8/20/2012 3:09:00 PM

For reference I am NW20 in mac and got the color RB20 which has pink undertones. It was a perfect match for me. The application of this foundation is very fool proof, it is watery and best applied with fingers. The finish was very natural but up close I can see a light powder like film. It has a nice finish at first but after 2 hrs it starts to oxidize and the color changes and becomes orange and greasy. My skin is pretty normal with very mild oiliness on the T zone but no acne. My skin seems to be sensitive to the ingredients because I also started developing a mild rash and tiny bumps that I only get when I wear Mac foundations. I had to return it, not worth the price and the finish did not impress me either.