December 22, 2014 | 1081 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had been using Estee Lauder Invisible for about a month when I tried this. I had heard it wasn't good for drier skin so I avoided it. Invisible was OK, but oxidized like crazy so it looked awful by the end of the day, and I couldn't find a perfect color match because they didn't have anything pale enough for me (I'm NC15 - very pale with yellow undertones). I gave this a try because Nordstrom is so great about accepting returns that I figured I had nothing to lose and I would get a full refund if it didn't work for me. I got it in the lightest shade. I am surprised at how much I LOVE this foundation. It absolutely does work with my dry skin, I just have to moisturize well before applying it. Everything about it is SO much better than EL Invisible. To start with, the lightest shade available in the US is a perfect match for me. The finish is satin and truly makes my skin look flawless, which it definitely isn't. (I have rosacea and flaky skin.) It doesn't oxidize at all. And the price is very reasonable, slightly more than Invisible (usd $45). The two drawbacks are that it doesn't last very long (fades by lunchtime so I have to touchup) and it doesn't cover up any major blemishes/flaws (I use a separate concealer). But all things considered, this is the best foundation I've ever used and I adore it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by medmond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this foundation. I'm totally converted to this particular product. It feels super light but actually does a pretty impressive coverage job. I hate looking like I'm wearing make-up, and this is perfect for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Charlotte94

I personally love this foundation! I'm really pale and the B10 is a perfect colour for my skin! I'm only 17 so I obviously don't want a heavy matte finish and this foundation doesn't give you that but it works well at covering old scars from spots! For young skin, like my own, I'd definitely recommend this foundation over brands like MAC which I think are just a bit much for teenage skin!

I find that to get the best results, you need to apply it well! I don't use a primer but I put on a light moisturiser just before i apply my foundation. I use my fingertips to apply it because I think they work better for this specific foundation that brushes. But be careful not to try to rub it in because you'll end up rubbing it off! I just lightly spread it over all the skin!

The only issue with it is the price. It's £31 which is a lot but I don't think you'll be disappointed! Hope this was helpful!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2012 4:46:00 AM More reviews by skyjadeshe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I tried to be open minded and give it several chances but enough is enough. To begin with, here in Australia this costs approximately $70-$80. For that I had pretty high expectations for this product. It's supposed to give a light yet even coverage that doesn't feel weighty or intense on the face will still smoothing over any imperfections. It sounded okay.

HOWEVER.
My very first impression of this when I initially put it on was that unless you shake the absolute hell out of it before each use, you get what looks and feels like olive oil on your hand. I kid you not. Some kind of weird, thick, oily residue. This is what is inside the bottle. No wonder they avoided glass. As I applied this on my face, I noticed that the coverage was anything but even. It seemed to sink into the pores around my mouth and yet dried into a powdery, cakey layer up around my cheeks. I struggled to blend it around my neckline and noticed later in the day that for all my blending, it had still oxidised into an orange, streaky, dried out mess. I was mortified. I put it back in my makeup bag and forgot about it. But Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua wasn't done with me yet. Oh no sir. About four days later, I noticed several blind pimples rising up on my forehead, between my eyes, all around my mouth and jaw and in the crease of my nose. I've never had hormonal acne, or any acne to speak off my entire life. No other part of my routine had changed.

I freaked out, bought new pillowcases, threw away my foundation brush, bought new powder puffs and scrubbed my face with exfoliant. Once the zits had run their course, my skin was back to normal and I assumed it was a freakish turn of events that wouldn't happen again. I had forgotten about the new foundation I'd tried. About three or four weeks later, I stumbled upon the bottle in my makeup case and decided to give it another shot. For being nearly a hundred dollars, I should at least try to make it work, right?

SPOILER ALERT - the acne came back within a week!!!!!!!! I don't even have acne-prone or sensitive skin! What the HELL Chanel?! I don't know whether it's the weird olive oil crap in the bottle, the actual horrible greasy-and-yet-powdery consistency of the foundation itself or something in the formulation but I know for a fact that this foundation caused my skin to break out like nothing else I have ever used. I went straight back to trusty old Estee Lauder's Double Wear and cannot believe that one of the largest beauty brands in the world ripped me off so badly. I really believed the hype on this and wanted so badly to love it like everyone else seems to, but it was just a complete nightmare for me. I don't think I'm likely to even try Chanel blush after my experience.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by woot12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was going on trying makeup and I have to say this by far, had the best finish, texture and consistency I have ever come across. It gives a dewy finish with a light coverage. One has to shake the bottle before use and then apply with a foundation brush. The only put off the product is the smell. I really hope Chanel gives a non-scented foundation because for me it wasn't nice.

The price of this product was EXTREMELY expensive. It cost 77 AUD, I looked everywhere else like the US where they only pay 40 USD. I don't know why there is such a price gap between the two. I also think I would run out of this foundation quickly. I don't where foundation often and I don't know how much exactly is left but it feels like it's half full. I really don't know if you are getting 77 dollars worth in that tiny bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by mari4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the best foundation I ever tried. It looks sooo natural and feels so good and fresh on your skin, and the best is that it covers perfekt. I use Sigma f82 or my fingers and it blends in perfeckt everytime.
I have pretty great skin to begin with. I get one or too pimples in the montch or else I have dehydrated and a litte dry chins.

The only thing thats stopping me from buying it is the staying power. I t dosent stay on my face my whole workday, or even half work day. My skin is weird so i havent find that foundation thats stays for all day, just Dior Nude foundation. But the colour selection is really not good there. ( There is no color for me too use when I have a tan in the summer time)I use the lightes shade 010. If anyone have a great suggestion too a similar chanel aqua lumiere foundation, please send me an email:)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by BieberBunny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I discovered this product after getting a make over done by Chanel at the mall. While I was walking through the mall I recieved many compliments on my skin, which was great! I went back to Chanel a few weeks later and purchasd it and my skin has looked amazing!! I use the Original Beauty Blender sponge to apply this and my skin looks flawless. It is very light weight and just the perfect amount of coverage for my skin. I was told by the lady who did my make up that it was more like a tinted moisterizer which i some what agree on. This product is very expensive and since I'm a teenager I have to use this sparingly so I don't use it all up. Over all I love this product and would definately repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by AwsElle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

I know this foundation is marketed as being a light coverage foundation that you can apply "without thinking about it" but I actually find it to have a very good coverage - on my skin it is definitely more of a medium/buildable coverage and I find that I have to be quite careful with how much product I am putting on as it can look quite cakey if you use too much. The finish is not as dewy as I had expected, especially when compared to Chanel's Vitalumiere but it does have a nice satin finish and can be worn without being powdered (I can't quite pull this off with Vitalumiere). This is the foundation that I use on night's out or for special occasions where I need my makeup to look good for an extended period of time without having to worry about blotting or re-applying, in fact, I find that this foundation actually looks better after a couple of hours on my skin. However, I do find that it does tend to cling to any dry parts on my face so I always moisturize thoroughly first. Also, I have tried many different application techniques and I find that using my fingers works the best. I am torn about whether or not I would re-purchase as it was quite expensive ($50 Canadian) and it is not a foundation that I would wear day to day and I am not a fan of the smell but it is very nice for days where I need a more flawless finish.

For reference: I have normal-combination skin. In the winters my skin is fairly normal and I don't really have any issues with oiliness but my cheeks to get quite dry and in the summers I do struggle with some oiliness through my t-zone. And I am NC20-25 and I have the shade B20.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 5:37:00 AM More reviews by 2012makeuplover

Great foundation with water base! It gives me skin a flawless look ,dewy finish but not oily! Received lots of compliment when wearing. People always asked me :" ur skin looks perfect, do u wear any foundation on or not?"

Update on June 18th,2012.
Lil background: aboved review were done from my memory image of aqua. I have used it before n then I switched to chanel mat lumirie(not that impressive), and then Lancôme photogeneic( break me out), since I always wanna try different things out.
Just about 2 weeks ago, I really started to try a lot of foundations (sample from dept store) to find the perfect foundation for myself, as both matte lumierie and Lancôme photogenic disappointed me a lot.

During last two weeks, I have tried la mer tinted moistrizer, Armani skin fabric, Laura mercier silk foundation, Chanel vitalumiere, and nanoce bb cream.. I came back to chanel aqua lumierie . I don't think any other foundation will do the great Job to my skin so far....

Pros: lightweight, skin can really breath!
Coverage is good for decent skin condition
Satin finish, looks very natural , shows ur own skin radiance
Oil free, great for summer!

Girls who does not have much to cover, this is your best selection! Go get a sample n try it out! Trust me you gonna love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Sarrellie

Out of all the foundations I've tried this makes my skin look the best! I will say that you probably shouldn't be using this if you are having any dry patches or flakes at the moment because it WILL accentuate dry skin. I save this for my good skin days. It has light coverage and looks very natural on the skin brightening the complexion. I have tried every which way to apply this and my favorite way has been to smooth it in with my fingers and then afterwards use a damp cosmetic sponge to gently press it in to the skin. It looks SO natural and I love wearing this foundation. It also happens to be my longest wearing foundation as well.