November 23, 2014 | 1963 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall, I really liked this mascara. The one thing keeping it from being a HG for me is the fact that it is incredibly difficult to wash off the non-waterproof formula. I wore it for about 3 months, and I never noticed any growth in my lashes, but they did seem healthy. Grow Luscious offered a nice amount of volume and length and didn't get clumpy or flakey. I would repurchase, but I would also have to get a much stronger eye makeup remover.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by lovesyou

For some reason evertime i wear mascara and at the end of the day when i'm taking it off ALOT of my eyelashes falls out which kinda scare me i have tried alot of mascara and they all do this except revlon grow luscious mascara it does actually make them GROW but it looks like i put on very little mascara on when i actually put on several coats. my eyelashes are naturally black and i bought the color in the blackest black that they have and it kinda get flaky.but it easy to remove.i bought it at walmart for $9 which is higher than most mascara i've seen. it in a green tube with the words grow Lusicious in sliver letters on it nothing specail.The brush Is HUGE!!!!!which makes it kinda hard to put on.Overall i think this is a good mascara because it does what it says which is make your eyelashes grow.I will be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by jbsjunkie

I love this mascara! It reminds me of DiorShow which I used for a long time but decided to try something cheaper as I'm on a budget these days. I think people have to manage their expectations...this is not Latisse and the results aren't going to be that dramatic but for me, I used it for about 3 weeks straight and I found that my lashes weren't falling out as much which resulted in longer lashes!!! Even without the growing aspect, it is still a good mascara and at the fraction of the cost of Dior! Love it! & I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Silver9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Worst mascara ! In 1 word, FLAKY !

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by risa_ris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I waited a while to review this and now I am 100% sure that it's the worst mascara I have purchased in a few years.
To start, the price is way too high for the product you receive. I paid 14.99 CDN for this at Shoppers Drug Mart.
The brush is HUGE. Way too big to cleanly apply any product. Every time I used it, I would get smudges somewhere on the inner corner of my eyes or eyelids.
I should state before I continue that I have nice lashes to begin with. They have a natural "curl" to them and are dark and a decent length. Using this made them stick straight and they just looked OK while many other mascaras have made them look amazing!
But most of all, out of all the negative aspects of this product, the worst part is the smudging! I have NEVER experienced smudging like this with anything else before. I do not have oily skin or oily eyelids and yet I almost always had raccoon eyes by mid-day when I wore this.
Overall, I am very disappointed and would definitely not recommend this to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Mila422

I was tempted to try this because it was recommended by one of the blogs I read. I thought the make up forever smokey lash mascara I was using was drying out my lashes (even though it it makes them huge). This mascara was supposed to be conditioning, and I found that after taking it off my lashes did look fuller. However, after waking up to black smudges under my eyes every morning I realized it was because it wasn't being fully removed. I normally take off eye make up with eye make up remover, and clearly that didn't work so I turned to olive oil. The same thing happened, and a few days later I actually noticed that for the first time in my life I had a few lashes fall out. Also, the mascara smudges super easily during the day on to my eye lids which is super annoying.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by tokiboom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Based on the good reviews from some youtube gurus and MUA, I decided to get this mascara in the waterproof formula. I was using the Lancome Hypnose mascara (regular, not waterproof) and alternating with voluminous. I was so positive this was going to be my fav mascara but it is the WORST! I haven't had problems with mascaras flaking on me before but by the end of the day, I had so many flakes under my eyes. I am truly disappointed and wish I saved my money.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by rachelle19

TYPE-Waterproof n I think its Black Or Blackest Black
REASON 4 PURCHASE- my lashes r thin n tend to fall out so i thought this would help make them stronger.
PACKAGE-like the bottle. but hate the wand its way bigger then the lash blast by covergirl.(i think) but love the bristles on the wand.
PRICE-expensive for a drugstore mascara that isn't all that
APPLICATION-love that it did not irritate my eye. When I curled my lashes with the curler then applied the mascara my lashes went straight, n the product isnt thick, so then i had to recurl after it dried..uh not good. especially when im in a hurry. after i recurled i saw little flakes which didn't bug much i just brushed it off.
THROUGHOUT DA DAY-when i wear this mascara i have to check my eye makeup much more then w/any other drugstore mascara that i have worn. it SMEARS i see lotsa FLAKES...& its WATERPROOF!!
REMOVAL-it washes off very easily w/my neutrogena face wash.
BUY AGAIN???-nope..because i have tried other mascaras that r cheaper n r 3x better then this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by natashaabby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

really good mascara! i lovveee the wand, because it gives volume, but the formula also adds length. its not clumpy, and it lasts really long (never flakes!) but at the same time its easy to wash off. as for the growing powers, i think it worked for the first little while. my dad noticed my lashes, and he never notices anything like that! but i found it stopped working over time, but still a good product!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Mztravolta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this Mascara so much that I'm writing my very first review for MakeupAlley on it!! Let me say that I have used L'oreal Voluminous religiously for about 10 years except for the few times that I have tried something else and been unhappy with the results.
I bought the Grow Luscious in blackest black only because it came with a free black shimmer eye shadow that I wanted to try. Let me say that I am so happy I gave it a go!
It Glides on smooth and layers even smoother, with no flaking or caking. I can build my lashes up or just go with one coat to keep it simple. It lasts ALL day and a couple times I went to bed without removing (big no no I know!) and to my surprise when I woke up my lashes actually looked great LOL I give this mascara a near perfect score!