April 18, 2014 | 1966 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam Gaga

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 9:18:00 AM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

OH MY GOD! I got my friend to pick up this lipstick for me without even looking at it in person. I originally purchased "Please Me" for my wedding day lipstick but I'm almost 100% sure I'll be wearing the Gaga lipstick instead. I've been looking forever for that perfect pink lipstick. Anything with a lot of blue makes me look cold and sick but the Gaga lipstick is the in the same colour neighborhood as my natural lip colour so it gives just a hint of colour without being too overpowering. I put the Creensheen Dazzelglass in Boy Bait over it and its the perfect combo. LOVE THIS! Highly recommended and will buy a few more before its not available anymore so I can have a backup stock!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really excited when I first saw this...I love bright pink lipsticks. However, this lipstick just isn't pigmented enough for me. I have to pile it on to get the bright pink effect that I get with one layer of saint germain or my all-time favorite, melrose mood. If your like most people and don't obsess over pepto pink lips, you'll like this. I'm an nc40 for reference. Would prefer if this was an Amplified and better pigmented.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by kabukiKILLER

This is an alright lipstick. It's not on my end of the spectrum for in-your-face pink lipstick. It definitely is more suited for neutral or cool-toned ladies. Although it doesn't look BAD on me, it doesn't look great. I just got it for the packaging, which I will use and re-use once I'm done with the lipstick inside.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am biased towards liking this lipstick off the bat because of its Lady Gaga-ness. But.. I really do love it. I never wear lipsticks because I don't like the way they look on me, this one I think I can pull off, strangely. Strangely because, as one other reviewer put it, this shade (if applied heavily) is pretty much the color of pepto bismol. Which is bad only because this color is likely to wash someone out. However, with a gloss over, this lipstick looks like a very cute pink, and, as others have pointed out, you can apply it very sheer-ly if you are worried about looking like a pale beast. I have medium toned skin and it works just fine on me. The one star off is because I basically HAVE to wear it with lipgloss over, to make the color more everyday-wearable, for me. I cannot use it on its own. Also, it doesnt last very long on the lips and if you dont prime your lips first in some way (chapstick or whatever) it will reveal any cracks/imperfections in your lips. Still, worth it, not really that expensive and the money goes to a good cause.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Sionz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my first ever MAC lipstick so my expectations were high after reading and hearing so many good things about them in the beauty blogging world, but this lipstick didn't dissapoint! I ordered it online because there isn't a MAC store close to where I live so it was going to be a win or lose situation.
I was slightly weary after reading blogs saying that it wasn't wearing, but when it arrived I was so happy, the colour in the tube is a gorgeous pink colour, not obviously blue based at all!
Swatched once on my lips it gave a slightly subtle pink colour, but applied heavily it still looked really good!
Even my boyfriend gave me a compliment on my lipstick, which doesn;t happen often!
Very happy with it, and I'm going to order another one once it come back in stock on the MAC website!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by SHOPOHOLIC86

Perfect pink shade!! Soooo happy I bought it. Already ordered 2 more!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by sunnyisland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to fall in love with Gaga. But when I tried it on, people told me that the light blue pink Gaga looked like a comical, artificial pink on me which was totally unflattering for my light yellow toned skin. Plus it was quite dry on my lips. I would need a cremesheen glass on top of the Gaga to make this colour work for me. That's too much fuss. So unfortunately, I won't be getting it again. I prefer Cyndi.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2010 2:25:00 AM More reviews by devlynaskurt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

for reference, i'm nc35. i have to say, i was pretty bent on picking up this lippy along with cyndi simply bcs i have all the other viva glams. still, i was fairly wary bcs the shade did not, at first examination, look like it would work for me. and to tell the truth, when i first tried it on, it was easy to see why there have been pepto bismol lip comments on MUA. applied straight from the tube without prep, i looked exactly like what someone else described: 80s music video in a bad way. i tried applying it lightly with a layer of balm underneath and that seemed to work, but it was so sheer it seemed almost pointless. don't get me wrong: it left a sheer wash of baby pink on my pigmented lips that have a bit of a darker outline, but that was it. nothing to be excited about.

so i went back to mac and i asked one of the artists how to make it work for me. i made sure to wear very little makeup--just tinted moisturizer, simple cat eye over a sheer wash of mac vanilla e/s and clear lipgloss so the artists could really see what i have to work with. luckily for me, the MA and i are of similar coloring and she had similar lips to mine with the "natural lipline." she put gaga on me using an eyeshadow brush (!) but over creme o' spice lipliner and under fashion scoop lipgloss. i really liked the way that looked. in fact, i like the way gaga looks with just the liner or just the gloss. of course, i still use a light layer of balm underneath. even though i'm just sitting around at home, i'm wearing gaga now, with fashion scoop only. i'm really glad i went back to MAC to ask for help on this one, otherwise i would have had to return it.

as much as i enjoy this lippie, i'm giving it a 4. this is because it wasn't easy to use for me. i'm glad i got it bcs it's not a color i would have thought would look good on me at all and i'm all for trying new things out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

EDIT: Save your money and buy Snob instead. It's basically the exact same color but more pigmented and lasts a lot longer.

I loveee this color! I was in search of a bubblegum pink lippie..and then this one came out. It's not too dark or too bright. I have very pigmented lips, and with one swipe of this I get natural looking lips..just a little lighter and more pinker...basically my lips but better. With two to three swipes I get this gorgeous soft creamy candy pink that brightens up my whole face. The only downside is that it doesn't seem to last very long at all. My HG lipstick is Pretty Please and that holds up for about 3 hours...while Gaga holds up for maybe 30 mins. I'll try it with a lip primer or base and update.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not usually a lustre wearer - I owned Syrup but it was so sheer & not flattering to my NC25 skin tone - not at all creamy. And not at all worth the $AU35. I'd rather just pay less for a Rimmel or Maybelline lippy for the Syrup result.

ANYWAYZ - This Lady Gaga one is sheer on the first swipe, yet creamy. So after you swiped it over your lips a few time, the colour payout is there & the creaminess is really flattering. This is great for those who want control over the opaqness of your lippy, you can swipe once for a sheer finish & swipe again & again for those days you want a more bold paby pink lip - so it's very versatile. The opaque finish is boderline Chreemsheen. =)

This lady gaga one may open my eyes to venture out to other Lustre lipsticks.