Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

Before buying this product I read quite a few reviews - and I mean way too freakin' many. Almost all the reviews said that the product was wonderful and they were right.

It comes in a convenient pressed compact/mirror case and is the greatest consistency. I ordered "Light" because I'm European and am ghastly at the moment, the color is perfection. Most colors are too pink for me (Bare Minerals anyone?) and dirty up my complexion but this is fantastic.

It lasts all day and never feels cakey on your face. My only suggestion would be to use moisturizer before using it because if you're flaky, any powder will highlight the problem.

- A

P.S - The moisturizer is the BEST I've ever used, it's the one with SPF 20. Cleared up my dry patches within 2 days of using the product. MUST HAVE product.

This is pretty good as far as mineral foundations go. I love the fact that it is pressed as opposed to loose which really cuts down on the mess that say Bare Minerals might cause. I am very fair and the color I use is light. I think it is a tad to dark for me but I am trying to use up this product so I use it very, very lightly on my face and it works all right. I would buy again in a lighter color.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

In the past I found the medium shade a tad too pink for my complexion so the only time I used to use this was in the summer when I could match their "Tan" shade. So I was thrilled when I saw that they now have a shade called Golden Medium. This is a perfect match for me for when I don't have a tan. I have always loved the fact that this is a pressed powder so there is less waste and it's nice and portable. I also find my skin improves when I wear this foundation, it does not break me out like BE. It's quick and easy to apply, I like to apply it first with the chisel brush all over and then I use their utility brush to "conceal" any blemishes or dark circles. This way you avoid it looking too heavy if you need the extra coverage. I've tried other mineral makeups and always end up coming back to Pur Minerals. A definite must try.

I am on my second compact of this. It is not my ultimate favorite for every day wear, but is the best compact for the purse. Loose powder is so messy and impossible for a portable product. I choose this powder for touch ups and it does well even under the eyes after a long day. (word of advice, the brush that you are supposed to use with it hurt my face, so skip it and use something else)

love this stuff so much! It works well for school and sports. It looks very nice withe marble powder.

I like how this product is light and evens out my skintone. It didn't really work as a concealer though. I have a blemish that it didn't cover, just took the redness away. So I would consider it a 3 in 1 because I still need concealer. But other than that I like it and would buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This powder contains "Capric/Caprylic Triglycerides" as a third ingrediant, which is moderately comedogenic. I bought this product and it my mild acne worse over the course of a week. For the people who think that it is the shea butter in this product that has caused them to break out, it's not true. Natural shea butter is soothing and non-comedogenic and is an excellent moisturizer, and anyway it is present in too small of an amount to exacerbate oily skin.

This really sucks because it's the first powder foundation that I have come across that is convenient, matches my skin tone, stays put, and looks light and fresh. However, having blackheads and pimples is not worthy exchange, I'll keep looking for something different.

Hands down the best powder make up I have ever used. I've tried them all. Was always a big fan of the MAC Studio Fix, but found that sometimes it looked a little dry or cakey.This covers everything and in a minute flat. The infomercials are so true. It really is a one minute miracle. Be it acne, scars, redness, rosacea, wrinkles, whatever you have, this will cover. It's cheap, doesn't smell, doesn't break me out, and best of all it lasts ALL DAY. I will continue to purchase this again and again. I'm an N5 in MAC and I wear the "light" shade.

EDIT: So I've never had a cystic break out. My initial review was right after I tried this. After about 8 days of using this, my skin was a disaster. I stopped using this and my skin cleared up. Yes, it does have some awesome coverage, but having awesome coverage that makes you require more coverage is kind of redundant. I threw the powder out. Keep the brush though. It was worth the price of the kit.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this is probably the BEST mineral makeup out there! i have soooo much to rave about!

the coverage is so awesome, i don't need concealer. also, this doesn't make my skin break out (it doesn't have talc, which irritates the skin). it's very easy to apply as well (with the flat-topped brush that it accompanies with in the starter kit). the packaging is great too! it's pressed powder, so i can take it with me everywhere without worrying that the powder might get all over the place. also, you can have the option of applying this with a sponge, but i personally find the brush better (and faster). oh, the coverage it lasts long too! it doesn't smudge, smear, or transfer to clothes as bad as liquid foundation (take that, mac studio fix!).

yeah, my review sounds like an infomercial. but it's really the best mineral makeup i've ever tried. if trying this out the first time, i suggest you get the starter kit. it's not as expensive as bare minerals either. the starter kit is about $35 at ulta (compared to bare minerals starter kit at $60 and plus, you don't need all of that stuff it comes with anyway). i am kicking myself on the butt for not purchasing this earlier! pur minerals does its job, period.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

this foundation is so amazing!! i have a really hard time finding something that matches my skin tone and the tan color maches perfectly... I just cant believe that a pressed powder will give me such a flawless look... i actually use a kabuki brush for this ( i know!!), but it swirls it on perfectly and after that, i spray pur minerals hydration mineral spray on the brush and stipple it on my face and voila... perfect face