April 20, 2014 | 1353 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2007 4:51:00 PM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

suprisingly disappointed with this product. after reading the great reviews on here I was expecting to love it! It made my lashes stick together so I had to use a lash brush to seperate my lashes, and even then they were pretty sticky still. flaked a LOT, and dosen't look natural on at all. I have this in brown/black. also managed to get on my eyelids. big disappointment. :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by JadziaDAx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Clumpy, do-nothing crap.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2007 8:34:00 AM More reviews by mlbalinge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading MUA reviews, I decided to do my own Cover Girl mascara experiment. I figured that at these prices, what was there to lose? So, I bought both Super Thick Lash and Volume Exact, both in blackest black. Results: I loved them both, but for different reasons.
Super Thick Lash is definitely thickening but at the same time somehow natural (doesn't give that spidery look). Super Thick Lash will not give you much added length, but then again that's not what it's for. I loved the staying power and my lashes didn't feel brittle.

Volume Exact was more dramatic and less natural than Super Thick Lash. Once you figure out how to use the brush it really does separate the lashes. VE seemed darker than STL and made it look like I had curled my lashes (which I never do b/c I hate those thingies). It is also lengthening and thickening, but the lengthening can give you those spidery ends to your lashes. VE didn't last as well as STL (slight flaking and don't get it near water--it'll run all over you!) and it didn't feel as comfortable.

Conclusion: Both are great. I prefer Super Thick Lash b/c it's more natural, but if I had smaller lashes Volume Exact would be a godsend
UPDATE: This mascara can flake and irritate your eyes. I think it dries out easily and then flakes. Sigh...
2nd UPDATE: Used with Shiseido Mascara Base I have no problems with clumping and I get length from the Mascara Base. False lashes look and STL doesn't flake when I use the Mascara Base first. So happy with this combo!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2007 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Simplicity310

I like this mascara as my evening/more dramatic look. It definitely gives you the look of false lashes but doesn't add length.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2007 6:39:00 PM More reviews by virgo92185

I decided to try this mascara for two reasons; first, of all of the good reviews here on MUA and second because at KMART today and tomorrow there is a buy one and another half off on all Cover Girl lipsticks and mascaras. I purchased the very black in this mascara and so far so good! It looks nice and thick just like my maybelline mascara without being to "crunchy." I am really excited about this because it seems like a GREAT mascara! The only thing I am worried about is this mascara is not waterproof, the real test will come tomorrow at work and Sunday at church. After those two days I will update again! Thanks MUA!! **update** Well, I still like this product. I did notice a slight clumping around the rim, but it seems to be gone now. The only thing is if you take a nap and wake up you'll get a few flakes, but besides that, still a GREAT product!**

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by lunyc

I didn't think a drugstore mascara could work as well as dept. store brands, but I decided to try this one out after the great reviews on this site. I'm glad I did because it works better than a lot of the expensive mascaras! It does not smudge, clump, and it defines my lashes nicely. I can't say it thickens them, but that's ok, none of the expensive ones did that, although some did smudge and even irritate my eyes. I will definitely be buying this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2007 1:56:00 PM More reviews by penelopemb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow! As a faithful user of Clinique mascaras, there was a time not long ago when I would've stuck my nose up at such a cheapy old-school product. (Seriously, didn't Carol Alt or Christie Brinkley do ads for this stuff back in the day?) But ... after reading reviews here, I decided to go for it. As an added bonus, it was marked down to $1.94 at the grocery. So ... am I ever impressed! Two coats of this stuff and you've got lashes out to there. No clumps, either. I've had it on all day and it's stayed on nicely -- no flakes or smudges. At that price, I'm going back to get two or three more tubes for the stash. I fear it is not long for this world because I notice it is getting harder to find ... Ulta doesn't stock it anymore. CG seems devoted to the LashExact line now, so I'd say this and Marathon might end up on death row. Get it while you can! You won't be sorry!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2007 11:38:00 PM More reviews by escalades

When I want dark and dramatic lashes, I turn to this. It's amazing. I've not much experience with different brands but everybody I know says try L'Oreal Voluminous but I disagree. I find CG Super Thick Lash adds more body to my lashes. This is my favorite volumizing mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2007 10:20:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: 3/2012 - Dear 1017 - STOP BUYING AND TRYING THIS...YOU PREFER LASHBLAST THIS ISN'T AWFUL BUT YOU PREFER LB! PLEASE STOP BUYING AND TRYING AGAIN!!!!

ORIGINAL POSTS: Wow this stuff is great, especially for the price. I hate Cover Girl's cheap, tacky packaging of mascaras, but once you get over that...nice stuff. It really does give that false eyelash look. I mean long and full lashes. What a cheap little discovery! I think I still like MF 2000 Calorie a bit better I think as it seems to give a darker lash (and makes my eyes sparkle more as a result). But Super Thick Lash makes them LONG AND STRONG! I am really surprised. UPDATE 1/25/07 - I think this may have irritated my eyes a bit so I had to drop it to three lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2006 6:25:00 PM More reviews by ksdjfklsdjf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i just tried this out because a lot of people were saying how great it is. I dont really agree..i mean its not bad..its just not that great. I wanted some really dramatic lashes and this didnt do it for me. The reviewer below said it looked like she had false lashes on but she must have had really long eyelashes to begin with. This thickens somewhat but I like voluminous mascara a lot better. I will use this again some day and come back and update if i change my mind about this mascara but for now i say its just "ok"