July 24, 2014 | 1880 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2007 4:03:00 PM More reviews by candycakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Info you might like to know: I'm Asian, my lashes are fairly long but very thin and straight. They do not curl easily.

PRICE: Meh. I've been lucky to get mascara for cheaper. But it wasn't bad...around 6 USD.

THICKENING: It did thicken somewhat, actually more than some higher-end mascaras. But I did have to use my eyelash seperator.

LENGTHENING: Did lengthen a little bit, but this isn't primarily a lengthening mascara :P

SEPERATING POWER: None. Zip. ZERO! It is C-R-U-C-I-A-L to have an eyelash seperator or else you're just setting yourself up for clumpsville mania.

CURL HOLDING POWER: I've been going for about 5 hours and they did wilt some. But they're not droopy and straight like they were before I curled and put on mascara (I curled with a regular curler, no heat. Crimped for 20 seconds before and crimped some after for touch-ups)

OVERALL REVIEW: I think this is a decent mascara. It DOES get kind of crispy, which is kind of gross. Nice thickness, but not enough.

MY METHOD OF APPLYING: Try holding the brush vertically and applying your mascara in a vertical motion. I found that I got less clumps this way if I was extra careful! continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2007 2:05:00 AM More reviews by imsofly420

awesome mascara! i never understood what "volume" was supposed to look like until i used it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2007 6:14:00 PM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was a pretty cheap mascara at $4CAD. It's in a bold red tube that I don't love but I don't mind it either. The brush is a basic one, not my favourite kind ( L'Oreal volumious). It can make your lashes super thick, but not in a good way. It makes some lashes clump together and doesn't create the image of a lot of lush lashes. It's quite the opposite. It does not curl and lengthens a little. I would not buy it again, unless it came with a better brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2007 3:18:00 AM More reviews by lolipop_gurlie

This mascara is a little wet so it tends clump a lot. It really does volumize my lashes and makes them black black. Gives my lashes a bit of length and holds a curl too. It's more of a night time look.. too much for daytime for me. Kind of flakes a bit by the end of the day. Price is great ($5 CDN). I'm not liking this mascara as much as CG Professional Mascara (totally LOVE it!) so I won't be buying this one again.. I'm going back to my CG Professional Mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2007 12:18:00 AM More reviews by bluediva

I bought this based on MUA reviews and it's great for the price. I refuse to pay more than $8 for a product that I'll throw out after 4 months, so I stick with drugstore mascaras. This mascara goes on easily and looks quite natural, definitely adds volume (not so much length), stays on all day with minimal flaking, and then washes off with warm water and a mild cleanser. Don't forget to wash it off at the end of the day. I got irritation from leaving it on overnight. It gets tight and crunchy-feeling after 12 hours. But it's a good mascara. I've been using it 3-5 times a week for 2 months and it's showing no signs of drying out or getting clumpy.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2007 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Jena511

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The packaging of this product has been redesigned, and I think CG may have changed the product's formulation too. I've purchased Super Thick Lash in the past and liked it, mainly because it comes in a true brown (red hair, brown eyes, PPP), it volumizes, and it's cheap.

Unfortunately, my most recent tube was a total disappointment. I applied the mascara and ended up with a flaky, smearing mess. On top of that, I lost some eyelashes to this stuff! Never again!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2007 9:09:00 AM More reviews by tiff22

I think this is a GREAT mascara. The only complaint I have is that it can be a PITA to remove IMO. Other than that, it really volumizes my lashes and makes them black black and curls them a bit and adds a little length, which doesnt bother me at all because I already have long lashes they're just droopy.. but this stuff picks them up and curls, volumizes, and darkens them.

update 2/09: i dont use this anymore so it couldn't have been that wonderful.. i think i just got tired of it being such a PITA to remove.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2007 2:54:00 AM More reviews by amylovehewitt

I think this mascara is ok... its nothing great. it sure doesnt lengthen your lashes... not a fan

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2007 4:51:00 PM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

suprisingly disappointed with this product. after reading the great reviews on here I was expecting to love it! It made my lashes stick together so I had to use a lash brush to seperate my lashes, and even then they were pretty sticky still. flaked a LOT, and dosen't look natural on at all. I have this in brown/black. also managed to get on my eyelids. big disappointment. :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by JadziaDAx