Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 8/8/2010 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I tried the Revlon Colorstay...........and hated it.

This, now this stuff is one of the few liquid foundations I actually like. It blended well, decent coverage, and didn't go all mask-y looking. It didn't irritate my sunburned face (note to self: do not do a glycolic peel then go barefaced in the sun two days later) and didn't sink into my pores the way most liquids do on me. On me, it looks like good skin. I like this product very much and will repurchase.

I bought the natural tan shade and it actually matched my skin, which is a feat in and of itself; I tend to have reactive redness and this toned it down nicely.

Please, no sunscreen lectures, ok?

In the UK, this comes with a pump, so for mthe packaging was what caught my eye. Frequently I see foundations without them and, for me, it's key - I just cannot get the pouring right, so I need a pump! It's relativly cheap and I bought it in the colour cameo - slightly too pink, but the other lightest colour was too yellow for my pink-toned skin. Now I've got it, I do want to go back and repurchase the other colour to mix the two as cameo is too tan - but it works fine when blended, I'd just rather I could apply it lazily! xD It gives good coverage and is buildable, however if you're using a traditional foundation brush it will streak and requires buffing to remove the lines. They're fairly unnoticable, but if you're like me (anally retentive xD) you'll notice! Overall I like the product and I would purchase again.

on 8/8/2010 8:13:00 AM

I purchased this product looking for a more blendable, forgiving, and natural-looking coverage than Revlon's Colorstay... Boy this foundation did not live up!

First of all, I have extremely dry skin, and while this did not exacerbate any dryness as Colorstay sometimes can, Superstay made my skin oily, shiny, and made my skin break out in cystic acne after less than 1 wk of use. This is rare as I typically have no significant break outs.

Also this is not transfer-proof. Too bad because the finish is actually quite nice.

I'm not sure I would recommend this product to anyone as it has left my face with painful cystic pimples which I never get. Wouldn't wish this on anyone...

on 8/8/2010 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I generally like this foundation. Good coverage and it makes my skin look good. For the 24-hour stay part... not so much. if i wanted i could wipe it off my face with a tissue. which isn't what i look for in foundation. Majority of it stays to make my skin a little better. If you set with a powder it helps it, most definitely. the color matches my skin perfect though. so i would repurchase mainly because usually it's pretty good at staying and making my skin look good.

I don't love it but i don't hate it. It has medium coverage on the first layer.. if you need more coverage u can just apply more. Even with its thick consistency it goes on smooth when i use my fingers to apply it. My skin changes with the weather but is normally dry.. it doesn't work well with the areas that have dry patches on my face and it also made me break out. Will not be on my repurchase list.

on 8/8/2010 3:37:00 AM

I recently picked up this foundation at my local target because I'm looking for a good non-transferring foundation. When I first applied it, I noticed that it accentuated my dry patches as well as the area around the nose;not attractive. The coverage is sheer-medium and I need concealer for my acne scars and under-eye circles. After wearing this for a few hours(maybe three-four), my face was an oily mess and was also a few shades darker than what I originally started with! I played around with this for two weeks, trying out different techniques, concealers, and setting powders to no avail. Though I can honestly say this stuff doesn't transfer, I wouldn't repurchase.

on 8/7/2010 9:17:00 PM

So . . . I bought this product just to try it out. It had some huge display in Walgreens, so I figured, "what the heck?" And I SERIOUSLY regret buying it. I'm going to use the rest of it, only because I bought it and I have nothing else to use, but I'm NOT a fan of it.

It hardly covers anything, for one, and if you put on enough to actually cover blemishes, it looks flakey and rather unappealing. It doesn't blend for ANYthing, and I've tried several different options. I got the lightest shade, and though it looked fine when I tested it in the store, it makes my face look two shades darker! Yuck!

Not only that, but it does NOT last for 24 hours, like it claims. For me, it lasts about 3 TOPS, which is not enough for anything. Definitely NOT a fan.

Normally I like Maybelline products, but this one is definitely on my "do not buy again" list. Ugh! It's so frustrating that it doesn't hold up to its name!

on 8/7/2010 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, i actually really like this foudation!! I have oily skin, but this stays on really well! i have yet to try the revlon colorstay, but for now, this is love! <3

on 8/7/2010 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

amazing! for the price this stuff works forreal! im oily skinned but this doesnt impart shine at all, almost all day as a matter of fact. also never melts off in hot weather, but kinda hard to remove. wish they had a lighter shade...

on 8/7/2010 3:58:00 AM

i do not likee
i purchased the lightest shade which was to orange
and received comments about it =(