September 1, 2014 | 2161 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 4:20:00 AM More reviews by hiiyooitscat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't love it but i don't hate it. It has medium coverage on the first layer.. if you need more coverage u can just apply more. Even with its thick consistency it goes on smooth when i use my fingers to apply it. My skin changes with the weather but is normally dry.. it doesn't work well with the areas that have dry patches on my face and it also made me break out. Will not be on my repurchase list.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by lzaophung

I recently picked up this foundation at my local target because I'm looking for a good non-transferring foundation. When I first applied it, I noticed that it accentuated my dry patches as well as the area around the nose;not attractive. The coverage is sheer-medium and I need concealer for my acne scars and under-eye circles. After wearing this for a few hours(maybe three-four), my face was an oily mess and was also a few shades darker than what I originally started with! I played around with this for two weeks, trying out different techniques, concealers, and setting powders to no avail. Though I can honestly say this stuff doesn't transfer, I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by aschacher1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So . . . I bought this product just to try it out. It had some huge display in Walgreens, so I figured, "what the heck?" And I SERIOUSLY regret buying it. I'm going to use the rest of it, only because I bought it and I have nothing else to use, but I'm NOT a fan of it.

It hardly covers anything, for one, and if you put on enough to actually cover blemishes, it looks flakey and rather unappealing. It doesn't blend for ANYthing, and I've tried several different options. I got the lightest shade, and though it looked fine when I tested it in the store, it makes my face look two shades darker! Yuck!

Not only that, but it does NOT last for 24 hours, like it claims. For me, it lasts about 3 TOPS, which is not enough for anything. Definitely NOT a fan.

Normally I like Maybelline products, but this one is definitely on my "do not buy again" list. Ugh! It's so frustrating that it doesn't hold up to its name!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 4:40:00 AM More reviews by vietcouture

Wow, i actually really like this foudation!! I have oily skin, but this stays on really well! i have yet to try the revlon colorstay, but for now, this is love! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2010 4:12:00 AM More reviews by nmnikki

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

amazing! for the price this stuff works forreal! im oily skinned but this doesnt impart shine at all, almost all day as a matter of fact. also never melts off in hot weather, but kinda hard to remove. wish they had a lighter shade...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by AunyaGrace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i do not likee
i purchased the lightest shade which was to orange
and received comments about it =(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2010 3:34:00 AM More reviews by laurentaylor31

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

I recieved this product as a sample in Grazia magazine, and although it does have a silky finish it does not hold true to its claim, of staying for one day. It does not clog the pores, but I personally can't stand brands that hold nowhere to their claim!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Dawnzie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite foundation as of now. I first tried it when the SuperStay Silky Foundation was discontinued (which still breaks my heart) and I've been using it since. It gives very nice full coverage without looking too cakey...you just have to make sure to blend it in well. It does stay longer than a few hours but for me (I have very oily skin) it definitely does not last the promised 24hrs but who didn't see that one coming. The one thing I absolutely HATE about this, however, is the packaging. I really miss the pump from the silky stuff...this foundation comes in this hideous bottle with a gigantic opening. Whenever I go to use it I pour waaaay too much out and end up wasting most of the product. Absolutely terrible packaging but still worth your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by rosewells95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It feels like play-doh on my face. And it rubs off, and DOESN'T stay on for 24 hours. I was disappointed with this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am pleasantly surprised by this foundation!

I ordered a sample of this through the Maybelline website when it was first launched in Australia to try it out. They took months to send it out so I forgot all about it.

I finally got the sample a couple of days ago (wrong shade but I tried it anyway) expecting horrible things. But it was amazing! It blends in so incredibly easy and look so natural, while still providing great coverage (I'd say medium to full). It minimises the appearance of my pores and doesn't look caked on - it's actually quite dewy. Moreso than both Revlon Colorstay and Photoready, which were the two foundations I have last been using. I'd compare it to Nars Sheer Glow in terms of how it sets on your skin.

UPDATE:
Having now worn the foundation for a full working day (7 am to removal at around 9 pm - so about 14 hours) I can say that while it didn't look completely perfect, there was definitely make up remaining (even blush! Which never happens for me) and all it probably needed was a little touch up powder. This was with no maintanence during the day at all. So I am fairly impressed with its lasting power.