March 1, 2015 | 1119 users online

Liquid - Dior - Diorskin Nude Hydrating Makeup SPF 10

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 8:27:00 AM More reviews by pocky

This turned out to be a wonderful foundation for my drier winter skin. The coverage is light-medium (or is that medium light?), in between a tinted moisturizer and, say, MUFE HD Foundation. For me, it provides just enough coverage to even out my skin tone but it doesn't completely cover up all my redness. This is fine with me since I like to have my skin show through my makeup.

After a couple of months of wearing this foundation, I find that it's best for normal to moderately dry skin. It doesn't dry out my skin so it's somewhat hydrating but not really a moisturizing foundation since on the days when my skin was really parched, the foundation emphasized my dry skin and flakies. I wear this under my Cinema Secrets Ultimate Primer (and under that I wear Olay Regenerist SPF 50 lotion), and set with a loose powder. My makeup lasts all day but this is hardly a long-wearing foundation.

Linen (021), a pale yellow-based shade, is a perfect match for my skin. However, it is quite yellow. For reference, it's perhaps a little lighter than Nars Sheer Glow in Fiji. Or it might even be similar but since Diorskin Nude is more sheer than Sheer Glow, the color blends into my skin better. Fiji is just a tad too dark for my NC20 skin so I mix it with a little Siberia.

As for application, I find that the best way for me is to apply directly to my face with my fingers and then buff in with my Sephora #55 brush. This gives me the most natural looking finish with the least waste. I find that all liquid foundations streak if I pick it up with the brush and then apply to my face so now I apply to my face first and spread it out with my fingers and then blend in with a brush. My skin looks flawless.

Overall, this is a fantastic foundation that is definitely worth the hefty price since it is so rare that I can use a foundation "straight-up" out of the bottle. Color is perfect, finish and coverage are exactly what I like, and the packaging is great. I haven't had any pump issues so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpGuruxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best foundation ever! I got a free sample in a magazine I bought recently, applied it to my pale.. spotty.. usual teenage skin, and wow! the results were amazing! It covered up my spots really evenly and left my skin looking glowing and soo much healthier :) I went out later that day and my friends kept complimenting me on how radiant and stunning I looked! Not only does this foundation cover up blemishes, it gives you a bit of a tan too! I would definitly recommend this product for anyone that is willing to invest in a good foundation :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by vlienn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

When my skin is not dry, this foundation looks pretty good. It does cover my redness and acne (it's a light coverage, but good enough for me), but when i've got dry patches this really accentuates that and looks not good. After all, this foundation doesn't break me out and the colour is very nice and nude. I do have one more thing to say, to ask actually, what is that stuff in the foundation? I can't really explain it, it isn't just liquid, but there are like little pieces in it... I don't know:)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by kbah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the worse foundation I have ever used. At first, the consistency of the liquid is smooth and fluid and coverage is light to light-medium at best. Colour range is horrible in this line and oxidation occurs a few hours after wear. It is not hydrating, accentuates flakes and subsequently makes skin over produce oil making the face uber shiny! After about a month of usage, the consistency changes and separates so that it becomes grainy with small clumps which clogs the pump to the point that if you don't shake the hell out of it to blend it in the bottles, you'll most likely break the pump. After 2 months, the separation becomes unbearable and not amount of shaking and blending will fix the foundation. I have only used 50% of the bottle and have tried in vain to finish is. This is complete trash and for the amount of money I paid, am severely disappointed.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by beelovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I WAS ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH THIS FOUNDATION WHEN I GOT A SAMPLE AT SEPHORA I HAD GREAT EXPECTATIONS , BUT AM NOW VERY DISSAPOINTED . FIRST LET ME START OF BY SAYING THAT THEY COLOR MATCHED ME THE WRONG COLOR .SO I HAD TO GO GET A DIFFERENT COLOR . IT OXIDIZES ON YOUR SKIN , IT IS NOT THAT MOISTURIZING , THE PACKAGING SUCKS BECAUSE IF U DROP IT ITLL MOST LIKELY BREAK CAUSE ITS GLASS AND ITS JUST SO HEAVY . AND THE PRICE WELL IT WENT UP A DOLLAR .. WAS 45 NOW ITS 46 WOW! REALLY?! SECOND I HAVE NOT FOUND A GOOD WAY TO APPLY THIS MAKEUP , BRUSH , SPONGE , FINGERS . ITJUST DOES NOT LOOK GOOD , FLAWLESS IS WHAT IAM TRYING TO ACHIEVE AND HAVE NOT HAD ANY LUCK ... THEREFORE I WILL NOT BUY THIS FOUNDATION AGAIN :(

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by moonlightflower

Pros: good natural coverage, nice color match, smooth seamless texture, good quality, has finely milled light reflectors (aka glitter!)

Cons: not actually moisturizing your skin even if it feels like it, Dior is extremely stingy with the amount of product they give you in exchange forhow much you're paying for this, useless SPF 10

Dior gives you a grand total of ONE ounce for a foundation that only has SPF 10 and contains alcohol and cheap mica and nothing special about the content except the obscure chemicals... not worth your hard-earned money.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2010 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Minoes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good foundation for my very dry skin. It's moisturizing, doesn't make my skin flakey. You can use a little with a kabuki for a sheer coverage, or apply it with you fingers for more coverage (but if you want heavy coverage, this is not your foundation). The finish is nice, just as it says: "nude glow".
I would rebuy this, but then I have to save some money, because I think it's quite expensive, about €45,- if I remember right.
I don't like the packaging. It's looks nice, but the glass bottle is heavy, I prefer a plastic bottle.

Edit: the consistancy is getting granular! And I'm not even on half the bottle. It feels awful, and it's hardly coming out of the bottle, I have to press really hard! What a bummer. I will never buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Rydenfan3

I tried this out in 30 after being matched by an SA at Nordstrom. They were actually out of 30 so I had to run to Sephora and pick up the last bottle they had. At first I thought this foundation was about a million times better than my Everyday Minerals powder foundation but over time I realized that it does oxidize on my face and it's really REALLY thick. The best way to apply it is with a wet foundation brush & spread it reallllly thin because otherwise-orange mask on face. Not cool. I have a beef with the packaging too. Maybe it's because the foundation is so thick-it coats the inside glass so that you can't see when you're running low. I like a bit of warning when I'm about to run out of foundation so I'm not caught flat-footed needing to run to the store and shell out another $50 at the last minute. And good luck getting the top off to get those last 2-3 applications out. It DOES come off but you have to pry it off with a knife.

The good: it feels good to apply, can go on over moisturizer without clumping up or getting cakey, and never broke me out once. And I even fell asleep wearing it a few times as my lazy arse is known to do once in a while-no breakouts from that either.

ETA: I did repurchase and ended up getting the Cameo shade (22?) instead of 30. Oddly the consistency is much thinner and it is easier to apply and does not look cakey. I guess the SA who matched me gets a giant FAIL for not matching the correct color. I am not sure if the difference in pigment contributed to 30 being thicker or if I just got a funky bottle. YMMV.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Eustace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is a pleasure to use. The quality is high, from the actual product through to the beautiful presentation. Lovely texture and coverage. Very hygenic dispenser and an extremely elegant bottle with heft and elegant top. I find the color very natural, non-cakey and long-lasting. Sometimes I use my fingers to apply it, but the finish is more flawless if you use either a foundation brush or a sponge. Will definitely repurchase despite the $$.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall, I am giving this foundation 4 lippies. Let me preface by saying that I have oily, sensitive, pimple prone skin. This foundations coverage is immaculate. Whether I have pimples, a dry spot, redness, etc.---it covers well and it doesn't cake up on 'spots' that I may have at the time. BUT, I expereinced one of the worst breakouts with this foundation and I know for a fact this is what made me break out. I quit using it and then started using it again---same thing happened. However, I am not going to give it a bad rating because MY skin didn't agree with it--it will work wonders for others I'm sure. If it weren't for the fact that my skin broke out--this would be HG. The coverage is buildable and it feels so light on your skin--and it still covers exceptionally well without the 'cakiness.'

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No