September 30, 2014 | 1717 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by ashsumrall

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Makes my hair so shiny without greasiness. Would prefer if it had a pump as amount from bottle is difficult to control.

It does have a strong smell. It doesn't bother me, but could prove to be a prob for some. Overall, love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by terev

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The Morrocan Oil seems pricey, but lasts forever. I also use it just before going out if my hair needs a little shine and vibrancy. It does NOT weigh my hair down.
I have naturally thick curly hair (big round curls), and a LOT of it. I'd been using L'oreal EverStrong for a while, AND REALLY LOVE IT, but I recently had the brazilian keratin treatment done and want to preserve it as long as possible. I immediately wanted to try the Organix Brazilian Keratin treatment Shampoo & Conditioner because it is the only one that says sodium & sulfate free- ALL others say one or the other. I wash my hair every few days because its naturally dry, and looks awful if I wash it too often (the 3rd day is when it looks best!). This shampoo seems to do such a great job, I only have to shampoo once. It lathers up better than expected and leaves my scalp & hair feeling very clean. I follow with the matching conditioner and leave it on under a shower cap for about 7 minutes. They smell SO good. After I rinse that off I use the EverStrong mask, under a shower cap for about 10 minutes (longer if possible). I rinse well and style as usual. My hair is almost down to my waist. I have a ton of it, and I style it straight using a blow dryer (no more flatiron needed). It's now super shiny and healthy. I constantly get complimented on my hair because it's so long and healthy and there's so much of it. I think it's a combination of good, strong hair that is not over-processed and the products I use. I run a bit of Morrocanoil through it after the shower, let it air dry until it's slightly dryer than damp, then apply Morrocan oil again and blow dry section by section with a large round brush. I have it colored about every 7 weeks and have a "color shade" (for shine and smoothness) every 3 weeks. I also have it trimmed every 3 weeks. Even the Miami humidity does not make it get frizzy. I highly recommend these products. The Morrocan oil lasts FOREVER! I only have to use a tiny bit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I love this! It makes my non-damaged but dull hair look super shiny! It also smells heavenly. However, it's easy to use too much of this, which then severely weighs down hair. The glass bottle worries me though - one teensy false move and it's all over. Overall I love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 8:42:00 AM More reviews by shannon804

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the smell of this stuff. My hair isn't damaged at the moment, so I can't vouch for its ability to repair hair, but it does make my hair more shiny (and delicious- smelling). A warning: the scent is strong and doesn't wear off easily, so you probably can't wear other scented products with it. I just wish the packaging was more user-friendly-- maybe a squirt bottle or spray?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by BohoBelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE MORROCANOIL!!! It has to be the specific Morrocanoil brand though, In the brown bottle with the blue label. I have used this for 3 years. I have noticed a significant change in the texture of my hair. It has a lot less breakage and the shine is amazing. I have strayed away and tried other products (Marakkesh Argan Oil and even Chi Silk Infusion) The Marrakesh Argan Oil was too thick and heavy. The Chi Silk Infusion felt great, but after flat ironing my hair, I noticed a lot of breakage. It was making my hair drier and frying it instead of being a heat protectant. I will never stray away from Morrocanoil again. It is my HG product. By the way, my hair is shoulder length, relaxed, highlighted, and lowlighted. (a lot of Chemical Processing) I also blow dry and flat iron once per week. So this stuff is a life saver for the integrity of my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

HYPED UP CRAP - Picked this up and instantly fell in love with the fragrance. I put some in between my fingers and also loved the consistency so I bought it to see how it would work with my hair. I'd never heard of it before but was sold primarily on the scent.
Overall it's nothing special for my hair. It actually felt greasy when I put it on my hair but then seemed to soak in well and dissipate somewhat but it did nothing extraordinary that would make me purchase it again. It's way overpriced, but it was worth a shot. Now i'd like to try the pure Argun oil to see the real difference.

1 MONTH LATER
I tried this once the day when I bought and wasn't impressed as stated above but decided to try it again to see how it matched up against my own hair mix of (amounts in order)100% pure shea butter ($5), olive oil ($6 supermarket food section), castor oil and pure coconut oil ($8 Whole Foods). I usually add a few drops of sweet orange oil and glycerin. The reason why i'm listing these ingredients is to show that all them bought TOGETHER cost less than ONE bottle of Morrocan oil so I figured for the price on this one bottle the product would be mind blowing as the reviews stated.
Quick update. My hair mix is the bomb. It leaves my 4b hair soft, moisturized and I can use it also to flat iron my hair without using any heat protectant as long as there is castor oil in the mix. As it's the day before hair wash I decided to run a little Moroccan oil through the middle and ends of my pony tail and wow, what a dissapointment. After 5 minutes my hair felt dry, coated (probably the cones in it) and like crap. Yes it smelled nice but my hair was having none of it. The next morning i felt little bumps on my scalp. It was clogging my pores big time. SO NO, I won't be using it as a deep conditioner (plain old olive oil mixed with any protein conditioner works best for that) or using it again. This product is a rip off. For the price I could have just bought pure Argan oil which i'm sure wouldn't have produced the same results.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by tituch123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loooooove this oil. It is full of silicones, no doubt about it. But it works wonderfully on my damaged and "thirsty" hair. It is a great detangler too. After using it on and off for a few months, my hair looks better than the millions of other products I've tried. It is a keeper, although I wish it would control my frizz a bit better. Will definitely continue to purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by asilanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells like a vacation in hawaii, actually more like that hawaiian tanning oil lol (literally) smells like a coconut dream, it smells very creamy and soft. The smell alone is what draws me into it however it does leave your hair feeling very shine and soft, especially after a shower (hair washed) and blow dried. It is crazy expensive but what do you expect, it is of high quality, the packaging sucks because you have to pour it out at your own risk haha, there no pump/tube so if you pour too much try putting some back, also if you apply too much, it will leave your hair feeling greasy. i love this and will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by hayzee79

I bought this product out of desperation. I have always struggled with frizzy hair, not really really frizzy, but enough to NEVER leave the house with out using my ghd's. I have tried lots of different products, Keratase oleo relax etc... and had given up on finding something that really smoothed my hair out. I've been thinking about buying this oil for a while, but thought it would end up being another expensive product that didn't work. But my hair had been soo dry and horrible recently that on a particually bad hair day I bought it on a whim. It really smoothed my hair out and after blow drying, I could now leave the house without the ghds. It doesn't make my hair super shiney, but definately looks healthier and gets rid of frizz, which is more than any other product has done!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by goldenxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After syling applying to ends it really does add moisture and some shine without looking oily. The smell is okay some people love it either way it doesnt linger on your hair. The moroccan oil can also be used as a deep conditioner I only put it on the bottom half of my hair leave it for about 20min then shamp/lightly cond (or spray a leave in instead)
I read somewhere that Kim Kardashian uses this to mend her split ends no idea if there is truth to this BUT i did apply it to ends for a few min before showering and noticed a very slight difference maybe if done often it really does help to repair.