July 24, 2014 | 1588 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by mrsroo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a fan, mostly because it is really tough to blend (it feels almost gooey to me) and too glittery for my taste. Will use up the rest of the bottle so as not to waste money, but will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by SL103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally use the studio fix until I found Revlon Colorstay. I bought this foundation not long ago, however have only used it 3 times, and just about to throw the whole bottle in the bin.
    1. Obviously not for oily skin (I don't even think it has saying power even straigt after application).
    2. Feels very oily and uncomforable.
    3. Very low coverage, so pointless for sombody like me with uneven skintone and pimples as this will not hide it.
    Overall not for my skin type but could be good for sombody with normal near prefect skin, with a little uneven skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2009 1:16:00 AM More reviews by MAHALOGAL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite foundation. I love the pretty glow that this foundation gives my NW43 skin. I get compliments! The coverage is sheer when applied with the MAC 187 brush just like I prefer it. My skin is normal but can be slightly dry during the cool months. This foundation keeps my skin dewy looking. Many with oily skin complain that the foundation is greasy but it's not on me. I'm not sure that I'll be able to wear this during the hot humid Summer months but for most of the year it is great.

The applicator bottle is great too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

While this product is thicker than other MAC foundations, I do love the dewy look of this product on my skin. Makes my skin glow.
    ***Update*** 5-10-09 Several months later and I still love this foundation; however, this is a winter or night time foundation for me. For the warm weather, I am now using studio fix powder foundation. In October, I will switch back to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by brittanyannb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually use MAC studio tech foundation. I was needing to save money so I went and bought maybelline pure makeup becuase it was the cheapest one I found. I started to break out all over my forehead the next day so I knew I should go back to my MAC foundation. I wanted to try something a little different so I bought the Mineralize SatinFinish makeup. I LOVE IT! My face has cleared up from the previous breakout and this makeup is very moisturizing & gives my skin a healthy looking glow. I put a little but of powder on over the top because it does make my face a bit shiney. I would reccomend this to anyone with a normal-dry skin type. I don't think it would work well for oily skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by hannahzaman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I think this product is perfect. The coverage I get from using this is really light, but it makes my skin glow.

I haven't noticed any skin problems yet, having read other reviews I'm going to keep a close eye on this - but my skin isn't prone to breakouts, so I may just be lucky.

If you have relatively well-behaved skin and you're not looking for extreme coverage then this is really good.

I like how this comes with a built-in pump too, I had another of the MAC liquid foundations and it came in a screw-top bottle... not practical!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Onyxopi

I adored this foundation. I got flawless coverage. Unfortunately after about 3 days of use, my pores started getting clogged and my skin broke out. If you don’t have skin issues, then you might want to give this a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by pimmy5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

well i've waited a few months so i can give a proper review.
    The bottle comes with a pump which i think so great. i feel that it's a little dry and doesn't spread as well with a 187, but i spray abit of fix+ on before and that solves the problem. the smell over is REALLY not nice, i don't like the smell, but once u put it on you get over it quick. Also, i thought i was getting spots from using this, but i thought to my self my face might balance it out and it did, i got a few spots on my cheeks when i started using it and after a week or so it just disappeared. However, the coverage is on the light side, but if you only want a little then this is great for you.
    I'm NC42 don't think i would buy again, I have combo (oily) and this makes my skin even more oily.. wouldn't dare use this in the summer time.. even in winter its making my skin oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by TRIPPIN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation. On a whim, I dropped in the Mac store to check out their foundations (never having used any Mac products before). I explained to the MA that I was looking for a nice foundation for dry skin, preferably in liquid form. He introduced me to Satinfinish by applying some on my face and later spraying it with Fix+. I was instantly hooked. My skin looked and felt amazing. It looked great before but even better after the Fix+. It has a nice glow which I love. Definitely recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by aries41587

I have combination oily skin in the summer and combination dry in the winter. I felt my Clinique Superfit was looking a bit dull and wanted a foundation that gave me a healthy glow. I am a liquid girl at heart so I went to my local MAC store and the MUA suggested this product after learning about my skin type. I was initially impressed with the glowy finish and purchased it. After a few days, I went out with some friends and we took pictures during dancing and my face was so shiny! There are other pictures from the same place when I was wearing my Clinique foundation and there was no shine. I looked like I had blobs of oil on my face and I am not even oily during the winter! I feel bad returning a product after I have used it a few times, but if I am going to pay $28 for a foundation I need to be completely satisfied. And this isn't the first time I have returned stuff to that store, I get a lot of false promises from that specific MAC store so I am not going to shop there anymore. I guess I will go back to my Clinique Superfit for now but maybe going to purchase an illuminating powder.