SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.5

on 5/25/2008 2:15:00 AM

I have been using this product for about a month and I can really see the different. I have acne prone skin and I just switched from Clinique product to SKII. The price is quite expensive however SKII really an outstanding product compares with other brands. I use it day time with their new Aqua Physics products and it makes my skin hydrated for the whole day!! Thank you SKII.

on 5/13/2008 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

at first I really didnt like this product. It made my skin feel itchy and made me brake out. I went to take it back and the SR told me to stick it out for another week because the skin needs time to clear up. I was really skeptical but tried it for another week and my skin stopped breaking out. A month later my skin looks better than ever. Im really happy with the SKII products, and this is definitely one of my favorites. My pres are smaller, and my skin is smoother and softer.

I have tried it couple of times over a span of two years. It's expensive, smells bad and does nothing for my skin. I even suspect I might have picked up small zits and bumps during use. A pity, but judging from the reviews here, it seems that it works for only half the population here!

Money better spent elsewhere!

i'm writing this on behalf of my mama, who unlike myself, has amazing amazing skin. she's 50, but her virtually poreless skin is better than mine (got the pimple genes from my dad) and she like myself, was a product junkie. she says nothing beats this treatment essence.

I was given a trial size of the Facial Treatment Essence as part of a magazine promotion. I used it nightly for 30 days and have not noticed a difference in my skin. Admittedly, I am quite young, but I have some breakouts and a very dry forehead, as well as large pores on my nose.

After application, my skin would feel very soft but I did not experience any difference in dryness or pores. I stopped using the Essence for over a week to see if I noticed a difference but have not been able to do so.

Don't waste your money,

on 3/11/2008 8:02:00 AM

Very good product. My complexion improved when I am using it, skin would feel subtle, smooth and soft. I find it's a bit too expensive, and also the smell is not appealing, so I switch brand. Price aside, it is definitley a darling. Also no breakouts.

I have combination skin and would sometimes have occassional breakouts. Will always got clogged pores if product is unsuitable for my skin, but my skin loves this, no clogged pores.

on 3/10/2008 5:31:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Skintype: Oily with dehydrated surface, rarely breaks out, slight pigmentation & sensitive. Review based on products of the brand for my skin type/concerns.

I used a whole bottle of this Treatment Essence (lasted me 8 months or so) & found it wonderful at first. My skin was clearer, glowing & more moist. I went on to buy my 2nd bottle & also added on the following for my skin needs - foaming cleanser, toner, facial clear solution, skin refining cream & whitening source. About 2 weeks after using the whole range, my skin broke out in red bumps & rashes all over the bottom half of my face, esp. at the chin & jaw area. It was also very itchy. A friend in the beauty line saw me & advised me to stop using & recommended me to use Menard's(a Japanese brand) cleanser alone with water & nothing else. I follwed her advice. Within 2 days, the itching subsided, & by the 4th day, the rashes became less red & went down. However, it took almost 6 weeks for my skin to come back to 'normal'.
Not believing SKII could be the cause of this reaction, I re-tried just the Treatment Essence alone after 8 weeks. Unfortunately, I had the same reaction - red bumps, rashes & itch. I gave the whole range away after that. I think the product was too drying & 'strong' for my skin, hence the allergic reactions.
I was also given some masques samples to try - theirs come in individually packaged sachets. Didn't like the feel of it as it came out all wet & 'starchy'. The masques didn't do anything special for my skin.
Compared to other over-the-counter brands like Estee Lauder etc. I find it to be expensive, especially if using on a regular basis.

on 3/9/2008 12:14:00 PM

I can't imagine using this product twice a day. I use it two-three times a week and I love it. For me it works like a gentle exfoliator. I can't imagine using this on acne prone skin.

on 3/2/2008 7:55:00 AM

I have been using this product for 2 years. I agree it does initially clear up your skin, the texture greatly improved, its much more softer and pores are less noticable. I used this with the Advance Treament Cream, and it was a stable routine for me mainly in the morning. I found that using it both day and night, caused me to break out sometimes. But after the 2 years use, I started to notice my skin becoming duller, and I started to become concern that the product is alittle bit too strong for me. As, there are comments that there maybe some side effects of actually thinning out your skin.

I don't know if any of the above is true, but I have decided to change products. I overall agree that it has its intial effects, but there maybe some longterm damage overall. And I wouldn't recommend it to someone as young as myself. It has changed the texture of my skin, but recently notice thinnest around the eye and mouth. And I do think my skin is much more sensitive to other products and sun damage which I previously had no problems with. So, in the end I have been searching for products to relieve these problems. So I decided something more natural to my skin, with sunscreen is preferable. So although it does improve intially the texture of my skin, think about rather it actually good for it.

on 2/7/2008 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This stuff didn't do a whole lot for my face...there was a tiny - TINY - difference in firmness and that "glowy" factor. Maybe there was. It stung a little bit too upon application.
The sales pitch was by far the worst part of this product. I was wandering through Saks and was stopped by a sales woman at the SK2 counter. Sure why not, I thought, and heard her pitch. She started off wrong by talking about how Asians (like her self and me) had problems with freckles (like the ones on my nose, which are fine where they are), whiteness of the skin (I was wearing bronzer), firmness (I'm 23), and translucence. This treatment could improve clarity, fade freckles, whiten the skin, and protect against signs of aging, she claimed. Then I asked what the active ingredient was, and she couldn't tell me. She did give me a sample which was as good as rubbing water on my face, and for the price (80 bucks to start), it should work miracles.
No thanks.