SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 2/7/2008 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This stuff didn't do a whole lot for my face...there was a tiny - TINY - difference in firmness and that "glowy" factor. Maybe there was. It stung a little bit too upon application.
The sales pitch was by far the worst part of this product. I was wandering through Saks and was stopped by a sales woman at the SK2 counter. Sure why not, I thought, and heard her pitch. She started off wrong by talking about how Asians (like her self and me) had problems with freckles (like the ones on my nose, which are fine where they are), whiteness of the skin (I was wearing bronzer), firmness (I'm 23), and translucence. This treatment could improve clarity, fade freckles, whiten the skin, and protect against signs of aging, she claimed. Then I asked what the active ingredient was, and she couldn't tell me. She did give me a sample which was as good as rubbing water on my face, and for the price (80 bucks to start), it should work miracles.
No thanks.

on 2/4/2008 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this product for exactly a month and absolutely love it. My skin is smoother, clearer and I don't break out at all anymore. I highly recommend this product for people w/ acne-prone/oily skin. Downside is that it is expensive. However, I haven't even used 1/4 of the bottle in 1 month, so it'll probably last about 4 months. Just put some in your palms and apply it to your face directly. I use a separate toner before applying this product!

on 1/31/2008 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I have been using this product in conjunction with the cleansing oil, toner, repair C,signs totality and the eye tretatment film for about 5 days. I was also given a sample of the mask and the skin refining treatment.
For the past 3 days, I have used all of the above during the day and the the skin refining treatment at night. On the 4th night I used the mask.

I have found a great improvemnt in the clarity of my skin. Contrary to many here, I love the hatural smell of the Treatment Essence.

I have a couple nasty pimples on the right side of my face that were there prior to using the line and I feel that they are less irritated and are diminishing.

I love this stuff!

I also bought the AirTouch Foundation in #3.( I am usually a NC30). I stopped using this just to check how my skin looks all on its own...and it looks wonderful!

It's worth a try if you are looking for your HG skincare routine!

on 1/26/2008 7:53:00 PM

I am reviewing this product based not solely by itself, but as a group when I bought the facial treatment cleanser, Facial treatment essence, and some moisturiser as well as some masks by SK II.

I used the products for about a month and noticed a definite difference in my skin tone, and overall appearance. I felt like it really worked well.

The facial treatment essence is a watery like liquid that has 'pitera' in it (smells like sake) that is supposed to be good for the skin. It felt refreshing to put on, and made my skin feel a bit softer, but I don't know what I can say about what it does on its own. It felt good to put on, and I like the SK II masks especially. Actually I LOVE the masks, they make my face look and feel wonderful, and they have much of the same ingredients (pitera) as the facial treatment essence.

The only downside to this line of facial care products in my opinion is the high cost. I may have to pick and choose my favorites to buy in the future so I don't go broke!

Overall, I'd say I would purchase again, and would perhaps buy more of their products to try if they weren't so expensive.

on 1/24/2008 12:09:00 PM

I started using the SKII exclusively about a week ago and I am happy to say that it actually helped control my oily acne prone skin. I was skeptical to say the least. I tried alot of products and nothing would control the oil slicks throughout the day. I would use around 4 - 6 oil blotting paper a day. I use the cleansing oil, then the clear difference treatment toner on a cotton pad for toner, after that I put some of the essence on two fingers and quickly start applying to my face. Since it is a liquid, it is hard to apply without using a cotton pad, however the SA informed me that I would waste more product putting it on a pad and would not reap all the benefits of the essense by wiping it across my face. You can also put some in the palms of your hand and apply, however this technique works best for me. It absorbs very quickly into the skin. I especially like that there are no artifical fragrance or colorings in there products. I am quite sure that I am having good results because I am using the regimen instead of just one or two products but I must say, I am kinda in awe that my skin is looking clearer, brighter and I am not self concious of having an oily complection like I was. I can't say if there are exclusive anti aging benefits specifically for this product but every SA will tell you that it is the heart of the line. So far so good. UPDATE: Well I guess I spoke to soon, all of sudden in the last two days I began to get little bright red bumps on my forhead. I noticed and increase in little whiteheads alongside my nose too. I guess it is from this line because when I try a new brand, I try it exclusively to make sure I can use it before I strart mix and matching. I was so hopefull. I thought this stuff was going to be my oily skin godsent. Back to the drawing board.

on 1/21/2008 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

FTE is simply nothing but an expensive 'treatment' toner. It does not exfoliate or renew or enliven the skin, nor does it have any dramatic effect on the skin. You can't really complain about the smell as it is somewhat natural and we all love natural products, don't we?!

I experienced no effect with this toner. Definitely will not repurchase considering that you're basically paying for usless, fermented rice run-off water which costs so much. SK-II, go home.

i used 1 bottle of this.didnt caused any breakouts but i dont find it improves my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a nice 'toner' but so so expensive and IME the claims that SK-II make are pretty outrageous. It didn't aggravate my sensitive skin to use this product but it didn't do anything that it's claimed it can do either. I went through the one bottle and that was enough. I got sucked in by the advertising but on closer inspection realized that the TV ad was a complete lie...they show an old lady making sake but the close up is of another MUCH YOUNGER person altogether. I cant believe they can get away with that! Pfft! Annoyingly, in Australia, it comes with a screw top lid and you can really end up using too much and wasting a lot. The bottle and packaging is so cute but who really cares about that!?

on 12/21/2007 12:04:00 PM

I tried a sample of this and I really like it. I use it after cleansing. If my face is dry, this seems to remove any flaky skin and moisturize the dry areas. My skin looks smooth and feels soft. Haven't used it long enough to tell if its helping my skin or not and I don't like the f act that it is SO EXPENSIVE

on 12/15/2007 5:09:00 PM

I really liked using it, but I dont know really how much difference it made to my skin. it was calming and I never broke out from it. I've been using it for almost one year now and I think my skin became smoother, and my friends told my skin became whiter.. since I'm almost done with it i will try the kose sekksei and see any difference. I dont like to use one product over and over again because I heard that your skin will becoime immune to it so I will switch off.

Popular Treatments (Face)