SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 1/24/2008 12:09:00 PM

I started using the SKII exclusively about a week ago and I am happy to say that it actually helped control my oily acne prone skin. I was skeptical to say the least. I tried alot of products and nothing would control the oil slicks throughout the day. I would use around 4 - 6 oil blotting paper a day. I use the cleansing oil, then the clear difference treatment toner on a cotton pad for toner, after that I put some of the essence on two fingers and quickly start applying to my face. Since it is a liquid, it is hard to apply without using a cotton pad, however the SA informed me that I would waste more product putting it on a pad and would not reap all the benefits of the essense by wiping it across my face. You can also put some in the palms of your hand and apply, however this technique works best for me. It absorbs very quickly into the skin. I especially like that there are no artifical fragrance or colorings in there products. I am quite sure that I am having good results because I am using the regimen instead of just one or two products but I must say, I am kinda in awe that my skin is looking clearer, brighter and I am not self concious of having an oily complection like I was. I can't say if there are exclusive anti aging benefits specifically for this product but every SA will tell you that it is the heart of the line. So far so good. UPDATE: Well I guess I spoke to soon, all of sudden in the last two days I began to get little bright red bumps on my forhead. I noticed and increase in little whiteheads alongside my nose too. I guess it is from this line because when I try a new brand, I try it exclusively to make sure I can use it before I strart mix and matching. I was so hopefull. I thought this stuff was going to be my oily skin godsent. Back to the drawing board.

on 1/21/2008 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

FTE is simply nothing but an expensive 'treatment' toner. It does not exfoliate or renew or enliven the skin, nor does it have any dramatic effect on the skin. You can't really complain about the smell as it is somewhat natural and we all love natural products, don't we?!

I experienced no effect with this toner. Definitely will not repurchase considering that you're basically paying for usless, fermented rice run-off water which costs so much. SK-II, go home.

i used 1 bottle of this.didnt caused any breakouts but i dont find it improves my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a nice 'toner' but so so expensive and IME the claims that SK-II make are pretty outrageous. It didn't aggravate my sensitive skin to use this product but it didn't do anything that it's claimed it can do either. I went through the one bottle and that was enough. I got sucked in by the advertising but on closer inspection realized that the TV ad was a complete lie...they show an old lady making sake but the close up is of another MUCH YOUNGER person altogether. I cant believe they can get away with that! Pfft! Annoyingly, in Australia, it comes with a screw top lid and you can really end up using too much and wasting a lot. The bottle and packaging is so cute but who really cares about that!?

on 12/21/2007 12:04:00 PM

I tried a sample of this and I really like it. I use it after cleansing. If my face is dry, this seems to remove any flaky skin and moisturize the dry areas. My skin looks smooth and feels soft. Haven't used it long enough to tell if its helping my skin or not and I don't like the f act that it is SO EXPENSIVE

on 12/15/2007 5:09:00 PM

I really liked using it, but I dont know really how much difference it made to my skin. it was calming and I never broke out from it. I've been using it for almost one year now and I think my skin became smoother, and my friends told my skin became whiter.. since I'm almost done with it i will try the kose sekksei and see any difference. I dont like to use one product over and over again because I heard that your skin will becoime immune to it so I will switch off.

on 12/14/2007 5:28:00 AM

I finished a bottle of this and did not see any results at all.

I think this Pitera stuff is a crap and this company is trying to follow suit with La Mer.

This is a robbery in broad daylight.

i really didnt see much of an improvment at all in my skin. the brand is very well marketed but the essence was not all that good overall. a bit tricky to apply also.

on 11/3/2007 11:22:00 PM

Pretty good. I have combination sensitive skin & so just apply this after FT clear lotion and my skin is well moistured. The essence has really calmed and even out my skin tone and given it a bit of a glow in the morning too. Not sure if it fades old acne scars as it is promised in the ad. since Ive only used it for a little more than a month. Also little effect on minimising pores.

on 10/29/2007 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

ok so i think Im in the minoroty here when I say i like the smell, ok I dont actually like it but i love the fact they havent added artificial frangrance to it to cover the smell of the fermented pitera.
Ive been using it for over a week and really like it. like most people here im unure about spending so much on what does seem to be a pricey treatment toner however there is no mistaking the subtle but defininte improvement in skin texture evenness clarity and radiance i seem to have. im find it very good but it does seem to be a bit drying as others have said. Its made a tiny bit of difference on my oily t-zone ..
i especially am a fan of the product because it contains no silicones that make your skin feel better but actually do nothing beneficial in the long run. i know it has a bit of preservative but i like to think of it as a pure clean natural based product and thats kind of how my skin feels when i use it. overall thumbs up, would buy again i think but its easy days, downside its waaaay too expensive and the company dont seem to do gift with purchase.....
if SKII did gift with purchase in australia i think more people would try it, and id feel better about it like i was not getting ripped off. update .. i cant say i remember to use this daily maybe only 4-5 out of 7 days per week, it is a good product no doubt, i will repurchase it again , its not outstanding though, as its expensive it would be the 1st thing to go if i had to really buckle down on beauty spending as its not absolutely essential.

Popular Treatments (Face)