Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

3.4

on 7/3/2004 2:41:00 AM

I bought this eyeliner a while ago after being in a play and using this as stage makeup, and remembering how easy to apply it was. It goes on very smooth. It doesn't really have good lasting power and tends to clump together and look really strange sometimes, but other times looks really good. It's an alright eyeliner, but there's better out there for similar prices.

on 6/16/2004 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got one of these a while ago in what I believe was a ltd ed. 'Black Sparkle' or something like that. I love the find point that you don't need to sharpen, but it had no pigment to speak of!! I never did find out how long it lasted since I went over it with my MAC Smolder eye kohl. I won't be straying from MAC again.

on 6/16/2004 6:39:00 PM

pros: you dont have to sharpen it

cons: smudges easily and stays for like 10 minutes.

i think i will just stick with MAC powerpoint eyeliner.

I actually love this product unlike some MUAers. I got it in Espresso, a brown color. It was long lasting and came off a really nice color. I would definatly buy this again.

on 6/9/2004 5:09:00 PM

I have this eyeliner in Plum Velvet, which works really well with my light, pale blue eyes.
It is relatively easy to apply - I like that it's self-sharpening, and the sponge on the end is great for smudging to create a more natural look. Since I have trouble making the lines straight and even, smudging does wonders. It makes my eyes look more defined without being too obvious or "made-up." It's a great every-day kind of look.
I've had the same pencil for almost a year now and I wear it very often, so I'm happy with how long it has lasted. It's almost gone now, but I will definitely be re-purchasing it soon!

on 5/28/2004 4:41:00 PM

I don't know wether I really like this product or not. I tried out a friends and I loved it but when I got mine, I didnt think the same. I got mine in charocal I think that it takes a long time to make it dark enough on the inner eyelids. I fine that this eyeliner comes off really easy, like after an hour. Probably would not buy it again.

on 4/21/2004 11:48:00 PM

Purchased this in Brown many years ago. I didn't like the fact that you couldn't get this pencil to a true "point," it was always kind of rounded and dull. And the smudger on the end was useless to me - couldn't smudge a thing. I remember that this wore very well throught the day.

As for repurchasing - I haven't bought a new one in over 5 years so that means I never will :p I'm using BB's gel eyeline and I love it :)

on 4/17/2004 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I used this eyeliner exclusively for a few years before I finally switched to a liquid liner. Perfect Point glides on extremely well with no pulling or tugging and is almost mistake proof. It blends easily but does tend to smudge and migrate on my upper eyelids during the course of the day. I would reccommend this for those that have trouble applying liner.

on 3/25/2004 2:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

It lasts all day, and can be easily smudged with the blender. Nice colors! Very cheap, and good quality. I only wish there was a way to tell how much of the liner is left.

The eyeliner itself goes on pretty well, and the colour is GREAT. But after awhile, you start getting the racoon-eye affect. Although my friends say it looks great, I find it too harsh. The smudge end is great, although I don't smudge too often. Overall this is a pretty good eyeliner- no sharpening, no pain, and easy to use. It's excellent for first-timers. Another problem is that afterawhile, it all comes off and only stays in your crease on your top lid, which doesn't look bad if your eyes are open, but if you look closely, you'll see the creases. Not bad really, would buy again.