January 30, 2015 | 936 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by kahughes

Are you kidding me with this stuff?
I bought the smaller size ($17 for a TINY tube!) from Sephora since the jumbo size was super expensive and I wasn't sure if I was going to like it.
Oh my goodness...I looked in the mirror and two hours after applying the primer and foundation...my t-zone was SO oily! I couldn't believe it! My skin was more oily than if I weren't to even use an oil-control gel or primer (I usually use Clinique Pore Minizier but I wanted to try something different).
By the end of the day, I had a few little pimples around my nose!
PLEASE don't waste your money on this product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 6:29:00 PM More reviews by shanidy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product in a TSV from QVC. I'm glad I was excited about the rest of the kit...because this wasn't a great product for me. I probably would have never picked this up individually, as I think it is a very expensive primer. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and dry cheek patches. I'm also very pale, very sensitive, and very picky :)

This product is a thin-feeling whitish primer that applies clear on the face. This is not as silicone-y feeling as the original photofinish or the Bare Escentual prime time. The application is fine. My foundation applied well over it...and I started the day feeling good about it.

Fast forward to lunch and I was twice as oily as I normally am with my foundation :( I'm not a fan. i tried this product with 2 different moisturizers and three different foundations, and none were successful. On the positive side, I didn't break out..but that's about all the good I can say.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 10:42:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did nothing for me, and it was expensive provided that the product didn't seem to work on me. The package is nice in a bottle, I would not consider re-purchase, in fact I gave it away in a swap already.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by dixiegirl01

I have sensitive/oily skin and I really like this version of the Smashbox primers. It is very silky and sheer and does not cause my skin to break out. It does seem to diffuse any imperfections and help keep my make up looking fresh.

At $38 for a little under an ounce it can be a bit pricey. However, a little does go a long way. This is the best primer I have tried.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this after the regular photo finish destroyed my face and found that, while it didn't break me out, it didn't make me look as flawless as the originaly. I ended up returning the product because it didn't seem to do much. I mean, it didn't hurt me, but it didn't help either.

I've found that the Clinique primer (pore minimizer) seems to do a bit better and is better formulated for oily/acne prone folks.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2008 1:45:00 AM More reviews by cocobutter27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i was impressed with this product at first: the vitamin C seemed to really brighten my complexion and keep my makeup looking fresh throughout the day; although it didn't matify too much, it does make skin look fresh and dewy. but after daily use i noticed it made my skin slightly oiler and found the product just blocked my pores. it almost acts like a sealant on the skin, which i can feel even after using my micellar solution. this product seems to be comedogenic.. and being 60% water, it really isn't worth the 44CAD.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by sactonina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I must say I love this product. I received it in a kit from QVC and am quite pleased. It gives a beautiful matte finish to my skin and yet has a creamy and smooth texture when going on. It also keeps my powder or liquid makeup on quite well during the day. I do find that I have to use quite a bit more, almost like I am applying a light coat of moisturizer, and for this reason, the price for the amount is too high in my opinion, when there are so many competing options on the market----I'm thinking of the new Avon MagiX, for instance--- (hence the four lippies). I probably would not purchase independently from a kit, but I will def. use it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 10:09:00 AM More reviews by kayethompson

This really works for me. My skin is definitely not perfect and smooth because i have breakouts and the red marks they leave behind. When i use this primer it really does smooth out my skin and my foundation application is much easier. One day I actually forgot to put this on before my foundation and I noticed a huge difference. There was even one day where I was doing my makeup and i thought i ran out -- I kind of started to panic haha. It does help makeup stay all day long. It is pricey but I don't want to be disappointed if I try any other primer. I figure I would just come back to this anyway.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by smhilgy

This is an OK primer, but I really don't see what all the hype is about. I expected to see a noticeable difference when I used it vs. using fondation alone (or tinted mousturizer alone), but I honestly didn't. I did like the way it felt on my skin, very light and smooth, but it certainly doesn't double as a mousturizer, and it's too light to use without one. My combination skin does get dry in places, and is sensitive, too, so maybe this product would work well on oilier skin types. I did appreciate that this product didn't irritate my skin at all. I really wanted to like this, but it's just ok. I won't purchase again, but I may give the regular version (not Light) of Photo Finish a try, because everyone else seems to love it, so maybe I just tried the wrong one.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2008 1:35:00 PM More reviews by darcy123

Despite the low ratings on this product, I decided to try it anyway. I know, I know, ... I thought maybe this one would be different. Nope. I found this to be a merely average primer. It feels nice on your skin and your makeup does good just after you've applied it. That's about it. No real reduction in the look of your pores, no lasting matte effect. I bought the trial sized tube at my local Shopper's Drug Mart and that still set me back $25 CAD for .5oz/15mL. I might finish the tube, probably will not and definitely will not repurchase. This is the second disappointing Smashbox primer I've used. Should have trusted you, MUA ...