April 17, 2014 | 1696 users online

Treatments - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by winian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Yay Lemons!! I have been using this in different ways for the last month or so, trying to figure out the best way for me. I like to use it with water as a toner, but have yet to leave it on for the whole night, after reading the reviews I will try it. But what I do love is using it in my homemade scrub, crushed sea salt, lemon and honey, it's wonderful! All small under-the-skin pimples are smaller! And this is the only exfoliant that agrees with my skin. The white heads are healing faster, too! In the quest to heal my mild acne over the last few years, I have found that nature always has the best cures! Give thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by mawyyy

Wow! This stuff really works! I use it to get rid of those pesky post acne red marks (my skin is pale and marks easily). I'm telling you, in just one week I am seeing results! What I do is make a mixture of 1/2 lemon juice, 1/2 water and store it in the fridge. Every night, after cleansing and toning, I dip a cotton ball in my mixture and apply it to my entire face, avoiding my eyebrows (lemon juice bleaches hair!). Nothing has worked this quickly to remove these red marks, not even glycolic acid peels done weekly. It blows my mind that this has faded them so quickly, like nothing else has. Just make sure not to use this stuff full strength. About 2 years ago I tried this full strength, and it just irritated my sensitive skin. Then I read reviews about people making mixtures, so I tried that and it worked so much better for me. Doesn't really kill my acne, but that's ok since Yaz is taking care of that, for the most part. Now, instead of wearing concealer, I wear only a tinted moisturizer.

I had to add- for people that are using this (or anything else) for acne, there is only one thing that will get rid of your acne- your diet. Of course dermatologists don't tell you this, but it's true. Fo example, I know that whenever I eat lots of sugary things, like clockwork the next day I will break out. Sugar is a major cause of acne. If you eat less sugar, less white bread, less fried foods and more fruits and vegetables, it will make a big difference in your skin. My skin is so much better now that I eat healthy.

UPDATE: Just had to add, I've been using this for about a month now and my skin just keeps getting better and better! Also, the stinging goes away with time as your skin gets used to this. Good luck! And limes work just as well, I hear (though I haven't tried them; only lemons).

UPDATE 2: It's over a year later, and I still love this stuff! I am now using it full strength. I guess my skin got used to it (not in a bad way) and is now able to tolerate full strength.

34 out of 34 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by magentagreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't even have to buy it, it grows in my garden! This is my old and proven skin lightener. It lightened dark patches on my forehead and chin amazingly well years ago and since then, I've been thruthful and thankfull to this little, humble gift of nature. I have a sturdy skin, not sensitive, not acne prone, but prone to clogged pores and discoloration from little squeezed - out pimples and sun. This helpes me not to get infection after squeezing and maintains my melasma (that is almost gone) on the minimum level. I always wear a high spf sunscreen during the day, as this makes your skin sensitive to the sun. It takes some time to show results, but it works bette than some anti discoloration creams I tried. I apply it straight from the fresh lemon, leave for 30 min to 2 hours, rinse with warm water and moisturize well, because lemon is drying. It also helps with blackheads on my nose. Unfortunately it doesn't do anything to minimize my pores. This is very strong natural concoction of acids (about 70%) so be carefull at first and test-patch. It will not work for everyone, but I'm so happy it works for me.
EDIT:
Warning! Don't even think about using this if already using AHA, BHA or any kind of retinol product! It will burn your skin right off! I started some mild retinol recently and had to stop lemon juice imediately. After applying it only once, my skin became so red and sensitive, it felt exactly like a sunburn.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by swirly_whirl85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to try lemon juice as a toner after reading the glowing reviews here on Makeup Alley, and all I can say is that my skin was NOT glowing afterwards!! the stuff burned like crazy - I needed to splash my face with water for about 5 minutes to rinse off all the juice. Talk about assault! My face was red, sore and itchy all night. From now on, I am staying away from "home remedies" and sticking with store-bought products. If I do decide to try lemon juice again, I will dilute it a lot. Beware if you have sensitive skin!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 9:41:00 AM More reviews by desigirlatrichmond

After years of suffering from acne, assaulting my face with chemicals and being depressed seeing my sisters' and friends' glowing skin, I had almost given up on smooth glowing skin...Who knew a humble little lemon will do the trick!
I use pure lemon juice on my face every night before going to bed (15 minutes before, so it dries off when I hit the sheets) And within a week, I saw a natural glow, even skin tone, clean and smaller pores and lightning of my old scars. I just squeeze the lemon in my hand and put it all over my face like a lotion.

My regimen -(Night)
Wash face with Johnson's baby shampoo (thats the only thing that doesn't break me out), use Thayers Witch hazel with Rose, Put lemon juice before bed.
Morning - Wash face with Johnson's baby shampoo, use Thayers Alcohol free witch Hazel, dab a drop of glycerine with a drop of water on face for moisturizing and I am good to go.
I still need to wear concealer to hide acne scars, but I am amazed how little makeup I need these days after I started using lemon juice treatment in night. My skin practically glows!!!!
The only thing is - Be patient with it, give it at least 2 weeks to see results. use DAILY, no excuses. Don't use it in day time or before you go out, otherwise you will be more sensitive to sun and skin can become darker/reddish.
So far I am so happy with it, and I am glad I read about it on MUA!

Edit - I also use aspirin mask 2-3 times a week. Take 3-4 aspirin tablets, sprinkle just 2 drops of water and let it sit for couple of minutes. It becomes mushy and paste like, then add a squirt of organic honey and slather it all over my face, keep it for 30 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. Since my Lemon Juice (daily) and aspirin mask (3 times a week) routine (Its been month and a half), I have cancelled my proactive orders, threw the ZapZit tube in trash and just using these 2 treatments and it has been super!! Easy, cheap, less chemical, and clear skin...what else can I ask for! Don't wait for another day or another review, just use it, you don't have anything to loose. If it works, great, if not, at least it won't harm your skin or your wallet!

38 out of 39 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by dizzyme124

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love, love, love it! I use the kind in the lemon shaped bottle and apply it using a cotton ball at nite before bed. The stinging is barely noticeable and it has done wonders for my skin. Really cleared up my acne and evened out my skin tone.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by gunjee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought a bunch of lemons when they were on sale to make lemonade and my children won't drink lemonade with pulp so I had to strain the pulp out of the lemon juice before making lemonade with it. I took this pulp and put it in a plastic container and use this every morning instead of homemade vitamin c serum. I just put my finger in the pulp and dab it all over my face like a thin mask. I leave it on as I drink my morning coffee, make the kids' lunches, and check the weather to decide what we are all going to wear that day. Then I rinse it off and apply my daily moisturizer with spf as usual. I've been doing it for over a week now and the pulp has not gone bad, although I have refrigerated it. My skin is glowing even more than it did with the vitamin c serum, but my vitamin c serum wasn't very strong anyway. This does sting a little as it dries on my face, but once it's dry, it doesn't sting anymore. My face does look brighter, so something I'm doing is working, and it may just be this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 6:32:00 AM More reviews by RuKa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing for tightening pores.. mine are large unless I use lemon juice. I don't use it for anything else, so I can't attest to what the others have said, but for pores, amazing!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by mg84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't want to give lemon juice a low rating, but i'm really sad that this doesn't seem to be working as well as I thought it would : ((.
I was really encouraged after reading these positive reviews, and i love using simple products for treating acne, so i was definitely excited to use something like lemon juice. I used lemon juice for about two-three weeks, every evening/night. After cleansing my face, i would cut a peice of a lemon and press a q-tip into it to absorb the juice. Then i would dab the q-tip onto any spots or pimples on my skin. I would leave it on for about 10 minutes and then gently rinse off with warm water. The first time that i tried this, i was feeling okay about it, and i thought it was beginning to work. Then after doing this for a few more nights, i didn't really see much of a change. I was still seeing a lot of redness, and my pimples weren't really improving. I had even read excellent reviews for this method on another website.. I feel kind of discouraged : (. If anyone has any tips on how to make this work better, please let me know, thanku.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 9:09:00 AM More reviews by footballove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use from time to time,NOT every night,fresh squeezed lemon juice diluted with water on my face,and I can say this is awsome stuff for oily,red-spot-like skin.It is a way more gentle on skin than,for example,ACV.It really shrinks a little bit my enlarged pores,makes me somehow glow.My skin is a little bit irritated after I put lemon juice on my face,but that irritation is gone after just few min.That's how it goes with my extremly sensitive skin.But,I tried one more solution I've found it on internet: Well,I do this as a morning pre-cleanser for my face: I use about one/two teablespoon of regural cow milk with one teaspoon frash squeezed lemon juice and rub my face with cotton ball,BEFORE I'm going to do my first morning face wash.I've heard that this stuff is amazing for blackheads,but You need to be patient and give it some time.I have been doing this maybe about 5 days in row,and all I can say for now that my skin appears smoother,more even toned,I look somehow fresh,and also I see my blackheads are fading away,I mean,they are less noticable.I will continue to use this method for long term,because I see some differences on my skin,but nothing miracle yet.But,It IS so simple to use milk and lemon before You are going to wash Your face,so You have nothing to lose,Your skin can only be better.Well,It stinks awful,but I can live with that.
Also,I pour 1 teaspoon of lemon juice into my scalp-shampoo everytime I wash my hair, and use it only on my scalp.It really seem like my scalp are producing less oil.I use this only on my oily scalp as I said,but NOT on my dry/damaged ends because I bealive it could make them even more dried.So, lemon is great solution for reducing of oily scalp.
Oh yes,I also use lemon juice as a spot treatment: I put ear-stick in pure lemon juice and rub the ear-stick over my pimple and especially red mark wich remains after pimple is gone.I do this every night and I really see how my post-acne red mark fading away really faster.
I also put few drops in Yogurt Mask,Aspirin Mask,You name it..Lemon is great stuff for everything,and very effective but not too harsh..at least not for me and my oily but sensitive skin.
UPDATED:
Over time,Lemon can be a little bit irritating,so watch out,and use it sparingly and with common sense,because You are using pure concentrate of Lemon acid.