December 19, 2014 | 1538 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by olga_thes

it fades scars and makes your skin glow, it's absolutely safe and I use it every day!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by candiipop

This has been a lifesaver for me!!! I had dark acne scars on my back, which made me really self conscience about wearing tank tops, bikinis, dresses or anything that revealed my back but i LOVE backless dresses. I'm so glad I found out that lemons work as a skin lightener on MUA. It worked so well for me; I just squeezed a lemon into a small dish and every morning and night (if i remembered) i would take a cotton pad, dip it in the lemon juice and rubbed it directly onto my skin. I would suggest that if you are using it on your face that you dilute it with water. Now, all my scars are almost completely gone and i love that I can wear a bikini to all the pool parties and feel great. What's awesome is that it is cheap and natural so you dont have to worry about chemicals and you can get it at your local grocery store!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2009 7:36:00 PM More reviews by girlydancer462

Most people have comented on how this works as skin treatment for acne and other problems. I am deffinitly going to try it! I also use lemon juice for lightning and highlighting my blonde hair when going in the sun. A product called "Sun In" is suposed to do the same thing, but lemon juice is much cheaper. Honestly, i'm not too sure if it actually works, my hair does get lighter in the summer sun, but i'm not sure if its the sun or the juice. It also makes my hair a tiny bit crunchy, but thats tolerable. Overall, a great natural product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Confetti_hearts

I decided to try lemon juice as an alternative to chemicals to help with clearing up my skin. I have to say that lemons are a great thing to use. I have acne prone, oily-combination skin and like using lemon juice in my homemade face masks (I love using lemon juice, green tea, sugar and maybe sometimes apple cider vinegar as a mask to scrub... it's amazing). It certainly helps with lightening up any scarring and can help with preventing minor acne due to its antibacterial properties.

You have to be careful not to get this into your eyes (duh) and will not be good for people with sensitive skin due to it being so acidic. You may also have to be wary of using this before going into the sun because it makes you more sensitive to burning. However, I really like to use this at night and it's easy to get, cheap and easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like to use this freshly squeezed and straight up on a cottonball for toner. I squeeze a lemon and store the juice in a small Bobbi Brown travel bottle in the fridge. Lasts about 5 days. I don't dilute it as I don't find it too strong at all. Really good natural product. Freshens and cleanses. Natural peel! Use it every night after washing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by met451

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about two weeks now, and I am really impressed (even my husband has commented on how great my skin looks). My skin is a lot smoother and discoloration a lot less noticeable since I've been using this, and my acne has completely cleared up. I made the mistake of wearing this during the daytime once (under sunscreen) and got burned badly, so I only recommend wearing this at night (I wear it every night under moisturizer). I squeeze fresh lemons and then add roughly 25-50% water to dilute this. I only notice stinging if I have any broken skin, otherwise my skin loves this. A safe alternative to the aspirin mask and seems to be very effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2009 2:45:00 AM More reviews by YouthInAsia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to use this full strength and let it sting my skin, thinking it worked better that way. It didn't of course and ended up making my skin worse. When I wised up and started diluting it (about 2 parts juice to 1 part water) It started giving better results. After a couple of weeks my skin was more glowy and my omnipresent nose pores looked smaller and cleaner. I do use this alongside Alpha Hydrox's glycolic cleanser and 10% aha lotion, and so far, no ill effects...in fact it could be upping the effectiveness. I don't know really, but like a previous reviewer I use all that plus the aspirin mask and it seems to work well. I've had less breakouts now than I've ever had in my life. Also, for anyone interested, I just read a tip online that you can use the actual lemon peel (rubbing it on your skin...I would guess that it would be the pith side rather than the outside part) and that's supposed to actually combat dry skin and flakiness...haven't tried it yet, but if that works...hoo boy...what else can I say about the lemon than....hg!!! (I also know that rubbing the pith on your teeth can help whiten them as well).

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by genahy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate to rain on the lemon juice love parade, but I have to. At first, when I tried lemon juice (to fade hyperpigmentation), I was in love. I have chronically sensitive skin + this caused no problem, even used full-strength. In a week, it dramatically lightened old dark marks. But then I noticed a terrible side effect--uneven lightening. It looked like I had a light ring around the dark mark I was trying to fade. I know this uneven lightening will heal in time, but it's very aggravating to try to treat one skin condition, then wind up with another. I don't want others to go through uneven lightening problems, so thought I would pipe up. Very doubtful I would use again. If I do, it would be much less often and with just a cue tip on problem spots, AND heavily diluted.

37 out of 38 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by plainjane83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A combo of lemon juice and olive oil, applied daily as a mask and then washed off, helped reduce my active acne somewhat. At least, it did initially. Then it seemed to be causing me to breakout in lots of little zits. I'm pretty sure that was the olive oil, not the lemon juice. I later tried lemon juice by itself without that problem.

So, lemon juice seems to be at least somewhat helpful in controlling active acne. However, it's of course messy, somewhat time-consuming, and you can't really wear it outside (for one thing, it's supposed to increase sun-sensitivity..)

I sometimes add lemon or lime juice to my mud masks. And sometimes I add lemon EO to my facial cleanser, but it's not a stand-alone acne treatment.

I drink a lot of it in hot water with tea, though. I think it probably is good for my health although I cant think of any dramatic positive results. It's got antioxis, vitamin c, of course.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by apieceofpeace

NO FREAKING WAY!

I've been battling adult acne for years. I've tried LITERALLY everything...

After a horrible cystic breakout from the Clinique Acne Solutions products, I tried this after reading reviews on MUA.

OH MY GOD... it has only been 4 days and every single cyst has vanished. All areas that were broken painful blisters are now drying up and recovering... and I haven't gotten a single new spot since I started using it!

I am using it full-strength, squeezed right on a cotton pad before bed and after cleansing and exfoliating with the alba sea mineral gel and a face brush. Warning- it does sting, especially on broken skin- but it only lasts a few minutes. After it has dried up (5-10 mins) I apply an oil-free moisturizer (Ulta's extremely gentle) and go to bed. Seriously measurable improvement every morning!

Thank you so much to all of the reviewers before me!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No