Lemon Juice

5% to 6% (approximately 0.3 M) citric acid, Vitamin C, pH 2 to 3

on 7/10/2009 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

We shall see. I have some dark spots under my neck that I've tried everything to get rid of them. I just did my first application tonight and I will keep using it and see the results.

on 7/10/2009 4:33:00 PM

I've been using lemon juice for a couple of purposes:

SELF-TANNER REMOVER: I find my self-tan tends to stick more to certain areas of my body, so once a week when I'm ready for a new coat I use bottled lemon juice to remove the excess so it doesn't build up and start looking patchy. I find it works best to do this AFTER my shower when the tanner is a bit 'softer'. Just rub with lemon juice on a cotton ball and then do a final rinse in the shower. It's much more effective and less irritating than over-scrubbing with an exfoliator.

TONER: Again I use bottled organic lemon juice, but cut with water twice a day. It's taken a few months but some old pimple scars I have on my cheeks are lightening. I do find it can be drying if I'm in a drier climate and it hasn't really done anything to reduce oiliness or pore-size.

DEODORANT/ANTI-PERSPIRANT: I read that FRESH lemon juice can help reduce sweat-production and odor over time. Only freshly cut lemon slices work apparently (something about the oxidization). I haven't really noticed any difference but I haven't been very consistent so that may very well be the reason.

Overall, I find this most effective as a self-tanner remover and it's really excellent for that purpose.

on 7/9/2009 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think using lemon juice is great! I use it on my face at night after cleansing with a gentle oil-free cleanser and toning with a 2% salicylic toner. I'll squeeze half a lemon at a time and dilute it with water. Then I use a cotton ball to apply. I will let it sit for 5-10 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. It makes my sensitive skin really soft and it doesn't overdry like benzoyl peroxide does. It overall just feels GOOD and over time it helps even out skin tone. Because of a lemon's antibacterial qualities I think it is a great and natural replacement for benzoyl peroxide. I will store a half lemon's juice in the fridge and it lasts 3-4 uses. For anyone who doesn't like using lemon juice, I would suggest trying honey. It also is antibacterial but not acidic.

on 7/6/2009 4:25:00 PM

it fades scars and makes your skin glow, it's absolutely safe and I use it every day!

on 6/26/2009 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This has been a lifesaver for me!!! I had dark acne scars on my back, which made me really self conscience about wearing tank tops, bikinis, dresses or anything that revealed my back but i LOVE backless dresses. I'm so glad I found out that lemons work as a skin lightener on MUA. It worked so well for me; I just squeezed a lemon into a small dish and every morning and night (if i remembered) i would take a cotton pad, dip it in the lemon juice and rubbed it directly onto my skin. I would suggest that if you are using it on your face that you dilute it with water. Now, all my scars are almost completely gone and i love that I can wear a bikini to all the pool parties and feel great. What's awesome is that it is cheap and natural so you dont have to worry about chemicals and you can get it at your local grocery store!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Most people have comented on how this works as skin treatment for acne and other problems. I am deffinitly going to try it! I also use lemon juice for lightning and highlighting my blonde hair when going in the sun. A product called "Sun In" is suposed to do the same thing, but lemon juice is much cheaper. Honestly, i'm not too sure if it actually works, my hair does get lighter in the summer sun, but i'm not sure if its the sun or the juice. It also makes my hair a tiny bit crunchy, but thats tolerable. Overall, a great natural product.

I decided to try lemon juice as an alternative to chemicals to help with clearing up my skin. I have to say that lemons are a great thing to use. I have acne prone, oily-combination skin and like using lemon juice in my homemade face masks (I love using lemon juice, green tea, sugar and maybe sometimes apple cider vinegar as a mask to scrub... it's amazing). It certainly helps with lightening up any scarring and can help with preventing minor acne due to its antibacterial properties.

You have to be careful not to get this into your eyes (duh) and will not be good for people with sensitive skin due to it being so acidic. You may also have to be wary of using this before going into the sun because it makes you more sensitive to burning. However, I really like to use this at night and it's easy to get, cheap and easy to use.

on 6/25/2009 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I like to use this freshly squeezed and straight up on a cottonball for toner. I squeeze a lemon and store the juice in a small Bobbi Brown travel bottle in the fridge. Lasts about 5 days. I don't dilute it as I don't find it too strong at all. Really good natural product. Freshens and cleanses. Natural peel! Use it every night after washing.

on 6/21/2009 8:06:00 PM

I've been using this for about two weeks now, and I am really impressed (even my husband has commented on how great my skin looks). My skin is a lot smoother and discoloration a lot less noticeable since I've been using this, and my acne has completely cleared up. I made the mistake of wearing this during the daytime once (under sunscreen) and got burned badly, so I only recommend wearing this at night (I wear it every night under moisturizer). I squeeze fresh lemons and then add roughly 25-50% water to dilute this. I only notice stinging if I have any broken skin, otherwise my skin loves this. A safe alternative to the aspirin mask and seems to be very effective.

on 6/21/2009 2:45:00 AM

I used to use this full strength and let it sting my skin, thinking it worked better that way. It didn't of course and ended up making my skin worse. When I wised up and started diluting it (about 2 parts juice to 1 part water) It started giving better results. After a couple of weeks my skin was more glowy and my omnipresent nose pores looked smaller and cleaner. I do use this alongside Alpha Hydrox's glycolic cleanser and 10% aha lotion, and so far, no ill effects...in fact it could be upping the effectiveness. I don't know really, but like a previous reviewer I use all that plus the aspirin mask and it seems to work well. I've had less breakouts now than I've ever had in my life. Also, for anyone interested, I just read a tip online that you can use the actual lemon peel (rubbing it on your skin...I would guess that it would be the pith side rather than the outside part) and that's supposed to actually combat dry skin and flakiness...haven't tried it yet, but if that works...hoo boy...what else can I say about the lemon than....hg!!! (I also know that rubbing the pith on your teeth can help whiten them as well).

Popular Treatments (Face)