November 27, 2014 | 1038 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Priestess05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this highlighter. Beautiful shade, makes one look as those lit from within. This product brings out your inner supermodel's cheekbones and such! I love to sweep this over my cheekbones, browbones, inner corners of eyes, bridge of nose, and cupid's bow. Natural looking enough even for day, can be intensified for nights out. As a reference, I wear NC35 concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by yasmineswe

This blush comes in pressed powder form, it is finely milled, with no large chunks of glitter, and is used as a highlighter. It is very pigmented but sheer enough to give a glowy, dewy finish - rather than a chalky and shimmery finish that just sits on top your make up. The color is best described as a light golden champagne - with pearl white undertones. The fact that it comes in powder form makes it easier to work with than creamy highlighters of the same light color, which can be a bit tricky to apply with the right amount. Definitely recommended for those who are looking for a highlighter with easy (fool proof) and smooth application and are more about the subtle dewy look than the glittery look. Try layering this highlighting powder with your favourite blush or bronzer - the result will be amazing. The product is fairly expensive but lasts a very long time (I have used at least 4-5 times a week for about a year and I have at least 80-70% of product left)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 8:32:00 AM More reviews by dnemoy85

Well no idea as to why anyone ever referrs to highlighters as blushes since this is simply a highlighter and one of the best I have ever used. I've tried tons of liquid illuminators and highlighters and there are really tons of products out there you can use as highlighters. BUt this is definitely my top product these days as I am a Nars fanatic and every product I try only gets better from their quality gorgeous color payoff line. I still lvoe my Benefit High Beam but I've found this powder highlighter is just so fast and easy to use when in a hurry. It is fool proof and never look over done. No amtter ho wismple or glam my makeup is I just brush this under my eyes over the cheek bones, forehead, down nose, chin, under brows, and shoulders etc if going out and looks amazing. Just gives a geat glow and not overdone at all to your face. Love pairing this with a great powder bronzer too and I can fake a gorgeous tan without the skin cancer part! lol

Recommend to everyone as a staple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by pianadark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pricey, IMO, but well worth the money. Albatross has a golden sheen that really complements my medium golden/tan Asian skintone. I like it a lot more as a highlight than using creams, liquids, and pigments. I find that most other highlighters are either too sparkly or have a very unnatural white pearly/creamy cast to them. Paired with NARS Laguna bronzer, it gives me THE most beautiful glowy tan sheen! Everyone's right when they say it gives the perfect candlelight glow. It is natural but still noticeable enough (if that makes any sense) due to how healthy and radiant it makes your skin look. BIG rave from me!

Another thing, I do not believe MAC Vanilla pigment is a loose pigment version of Albatross. Vanilla is frosty and has a sheen, flashing gold and pink while Albatross is more yellow, glowy and lit-from-within.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! I am using mac strobe liquid underneath my foundation that i am wearing today mac select spf 15 since it is so hot and this on my cheekbone and it is gorge!- ous. I am nc45 and i always thought this would be too frosty on my face but it is just right, gives me a definite glow that is candlelit, highly, highly recommend! also mac strobe liquid for radiance is the bomb also.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 10:40:00 AM More reviews by flowersfade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i've had such a difficult time finding a highlighter for my skin, i'm mac NC20, and very, very cool toned. i'm not sure what made me try this (given the gold which does not usually work for me) but i'm glad i did!

highlighters either don't show up on me at all, or they look completely unnatural. this one shows up just enough so i can see it, but it's just a very light sheen that makes my skin look slightly dewey.

the reason i'm not giving this five lippies is because you get SO much of it. for something that i only need to use a tiny bit of (and i mean tiny, all i do is tap the brush very lightly on the surface), i feel wasteful buying such a large size of it. there's no way i'll ever be able to use this.

i am thoroughly impressed with the quality though and i'll definitely buy more from nars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is just perfect!!! usually i am not really a fan of golden sheen but this and prgasm blush these two are such a gem!!! i love the subtle candle light glow and it looks so natural not like others thosemake me look like a disco ball.. this one is highly recommended if you like to keep the sophisticated not too extrem looks:)) will buy again and again:)))

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by BeautyDiva2006

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I give this 5 lippies because I cannot find anything wrong with it for me. I am an NC 35 asian and this has to be the best subtle and most natural highlighter I ever tried. Maybe because it has a yellow/gold base and it just melts into my golden skintone. I use it on my browbones, inner eye to brighten, bridge of my nose, and tops of my cheekbones, forhead and chin. For some reason I do not look the same without this highlighter. I find that with alot of highlighters it tends to make me looks super shiny in the sunlight. I can confidently wear albatross and know people are not noticing my face glistening like I smeared oil all over my face but just noticing my naturally looking glowy complexion. I used to reserve highlighters for night time or when I know I won't be outside alot but with albatross I can wear it anytime. I am not sure what I ever did without this!! I swapped for it so I didn't have to pay the $25 price tag but IMO it is totally worth it. There is a ton of product. Can't complain about the packaging, because like all NARS products, they are housed in a sturdy rubber case which protects it from breaking if you drop it. IMHO it is a must have if you have a medium-tan complexion.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by moniquer0323

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

lovveeee it!
this is such a great highlighter! If I feel that my face is looking a little dull on a certain day, I use a swipe of albatross on each cheek and i'm ready to go =) ...
Everyone definitely needs this in their makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

After wearing makeup for 10 years, i bought my first cheek highlighter, and this is it. The color is very similar to MAC Vanilla pigment (which i used to use as a brow highlighter but it looks too strong). Albatross is less shiny and gold than Vanilla, hence, more natural looking. Also because Albatross is in a compact, it's less messy and easier to control the amount you apply. Vanilla is quite messy and i always overdo it! Anyways, I had spent so much time and $ on blushes that hope of getting that "J Lo GLOW" but i finally learned that a highlighter is the KEY for that glow. I just swipe this highlighting powder on top of my cheekbones and slightly below my undereye areas. My cheekbones look more defined and skin looks more radiant as it draws attention away from any imperfections. I own a few other NARS products (Orgasm, Laguna, and Deep Throat). DT and Albatross are my favorites!! If you don't have this, go get one immediately :) PS: I work in an office environment, and this is perfectly work appropriate. Not at all over-the-top shimmery. Just a natural sheen that can be layered.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No