August 27, 2014 | 1865 users online

Liquid - Becca - Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2002 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really liked this--light coverage, you can't feel it. I needed concealer on parts where I need more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2002 11:37:00 PM More reviews by adelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried resisting the Becca raves..but at the end I caved in. And I am glad I did. Although this is a very sheer foundation, for some miraculous reason, it really evens out your skin tone. It leaves your skin looking "dewy", not shimmery/oily. I find it works amazing with the stick foundation on parts that need slightly more coverage. A definite plus...it comes with SPF. The color is so sheer that you can wear a shade lighter or darker without any problems.

Update: I think I can't tell the difference between dewy...and oily. So, this foundation is really personal preference on how *matte* vs * dewy* you want to be.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2002 8:35:00 AM More reviews by suggarrei

I did not have a very good experience with this product and wish I had read the reviews before i purchased the whole line. It definitely provides the dewy look if that is what you desire. Since I have combo/oily skin, I am always fighting the dewy look, so I did not like this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2002 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

I ordered this in Porcelain, I apply this first and the stick foundation over top as needed. I really like the glowing look it gives you. The container is about 1.7ounces a believe, so you get a fair amount which should last you quite a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2002 11:14:00 AM More reviews by D-Girl

This is a very sheer (though buildable) tinted moisturizer. If you have close to perfect skin and just need a product to even out your skin tone, this is the way to go. However, if you have skin that needs a little more help, you can still use this. But, you also need to use either the stick foundation or the concealer to cover more noticable imperfections. Still, this is a great product to create a gorgeous dewy look without looking made up or cakey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2002 7:32:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

This is a very sheer foundation with a glowy finish. With a bit more cover than a true tinted moisturiser, the only similar product I've tried is Laura Mercier's tinted moisturiser. I apply this by rubbing in like a moisturiser, so it's a nice speedy solution for rushed mornings. Coverage is not great - all it does really is evenly out minor blotches and uneveness. For dark circles and blemishes you'll definitely need a concealer too. I have combination skin, and find this stays on well through the day, without getting any oilier or sliding off. It works even better with a light dusting of the Becca powder, which also mattifies the finish a touch. Although there is a huge number of shades, virtually all of them are strongly yellow-based. The coverage is so sheer that an exact match is not necessary; however some pink-toned complexions may look ill when they go too yellow. The selection at the darker end of the spectrum is particularly good, though, so this range is worth a look as an alternative to dedicated ethnic lines.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2002 10:16:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

I have N/C skin normally, which can get just plain old oily in the summer and dry in the winter. I am currently taking Accutane which has given me N/C skin right now.

Why am I telling you this? Because I don't believe if you have combination or oily skin that you will be happy with this LSF. It gives a very glowy, natural look that's not bad if you have drier skin. But if you have any natural oil, you'll look like you just came in from exercising. And powder is not just recommended but required with this product to keep it from sliding off!

Even with powder, I had to blot after a couple of hours and throughout the day. Then I read that this product is designed to be layered with the stick foundation and Becca powder. This sounds like too many products to layer especially in the summer.

I like one-step products which is why I chose to try this TM based on its great SPF, but I truly believe if you have oilier skin you will not be happy with the work this requires to keep it looking nice on the skin. For dry skin this product could be a grail.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2002 5:34:00 PM More reviews by dreamwalkblue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

An amazing product. There's such a HUGE variety of colors to choose from, a high SPF, comes in a sanitary pump bottle, elegant brown and silver packaging, completely weightless on your skin, and sheer coverage...
All right, I'll admit it: yes, this "foundation" is really more like a tinted moisturizor than a true, medium/full coverage foundation. And yes, if you have oily skin (as I have a really oily t-zone) then you'll be shiny in it if you wear it alone (but that's why powder exists!). However, Becca's products are meant to be used in conjunction with one another, and I think that the purpose of the LSC is that it acts as a base, evening out your skin tone, and making your skin look perfect by giving your face a beautiful, angelic glow - the kind of glow that you can only get if you were born with good genes and have taken care of your skin for many years...or if you use Becca. :) I use the LSC with the mattefying primer and the loose powder all the time (or if I'm having a bad skin day I'll use the foundation stick as well) and it doesn't make me look oily-shiny at all. It doesn't get any better than this... :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2002 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Marbela

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's a tinted moisturizer that is so sheer, it might as well not be there except to make my oily skin look shiny, which I hate. Good qualities are great color selection and SPF 20. I was very excited to get my samples of this after hearing raves from oily skinned girls but instead of looking perfect and dewy, I looked very very shiny and felt gross. I am going to try this again in the winter when my skin is slightly dryer, but I think I will have the same results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2002 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Maxie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you have sensitive skin, try before you buy. This one gave me red bumps. The culprit might be the active sunscreen avobenzone, which irritates many sensitive skins. Otherwise, very nice product. Light coverage. Slightly moisturizing, but not oil slick producing. I'm combo and need powder on top, but worked fine with the powder. Great light coverage foundation if you aren't allergic.