E.L.F. Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(Water), PVP, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Polyacrylic Acid, PEG-8, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 6/10/2007 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

After reading the reviews here, I bought this. Thanks a lot, gals!!! Now I am at the end of the tube and I am completely in love with it. I even don't need to apply any brow definer/powder anymore. It defines the eye brows very well and it keeps them in shape and I think it makes them darker too ! Same thing for my eye lashes---it even keeps my eye lashes in the curly shape all the time. It also make the eye lashes look longer---I can not figure out why. I agree the wand is not easy to put back in; but for what it does, I don't care!!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Not even worth the 97 cents I paid for it! I don't know what everyone sees in this product. It's all congealed in the tube, and hardly any comes out on the wands. On top of that, the small bit that comes out makes your lashes clump together, and does NOTHING for your brows. What this product promises can be accomplished with some petroleum jelly and hairgel. What a dud. I don't know if I'll try anymore of the E.L.F. products, after this.

For the price I love this product.
The brow gel does a great job of keeping my brows neat and I like the clear mascara because it doesn't irritate my eyes and leaves my lashes glossy and defined.
The only downside is that the wands seem a little fragile, however for the price I am happy to overlook this.

on 5/31/2007 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was on the hunt for a replacement clear mascara to use on my brows after my previous fave was discontinued. I can't live without a good brow gel. Found this after quite a few other attempts with other brands. (I use either end of this one on my brows.) This one's a surprising winner for me, ahead of Bloom, Clarins Mascara Fix, The Body Shop, and several others I no longer recall. It holds brows in place with just the right amount of oomph - i.e. not so much that you look like you've got super glue affixing them to your forehead. It doesn't flake, isn't too obvious and glossy, it's fragrance free - and it's cheap as chips - I think it was $AUD2.95. It might not be for everyone but it works for me.

on 5/5/2007 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

absolutely love this product. i would pay more for it bcs. of the dual end applicators. at $1, it's really excellent.

I remember looking for clear mascara about a year ago in regular stores, and I was so disappointed that there seemed to be so few, and the ones that were out there seemed overpriced for the type of product. I found one at Target by the brand of Karma (I think it's marketed for preteens) but have not been satisfied with it's performance as much as this e.l.f. one!

First of all, I love the dual sides where it separates brow and eyelashes with corresponding brushes. Also, the formula does seem a lot better and makes a great mascara base as everyone here has said. The other brands seem to "fall flat" but this one holds a curl fairly well. I only bought two of these to start with, but wish I stocked up on a few decades worth!

Best of all, the price is just awesome. No, you may not necessarily get a full tubes worth, but this is already 10x better than the Karma one I paid for that was $3. My best deal I've found so far online (since they do not sell e.l.f. anywhere in my area) is at buybeauty.com where is sells for .99 (S&H has gone up to $3.90) but you can do a Google search for a coupon code for buybeauty and you can get another 10-25% off depending on what they got going. Also, if you're enrolled in Ebates, it's another 12% off. I got this one 15% + 12% off so it was really like paying 73 cents!!! And this product is definitely worth that and then some... continued >>

on 5/1/2007 4:42:00 PM

I love this product for my brows. I use to just brush my brows and leave them alone, but since I've been using this product, I've realized how groomed brows can make me look more put together. I use the clear mascara over my usually mascara. I'm not sure if it really does anything for my lashes (i'll have to conduct an experiment or something), but it removes any clumps I might have. The packaging is nice, but it's difficult to get the brushes back in to get more product. It feels like i could snap the brush off if i push too hard.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

was a little wary of this product because it's so cheap.....seemed like it could be a trick! but I ordered it AND I LOVE IT!!I didn't like the idea of putting on black, dramatic mascara just to go to class, but I did want my lashes to be defined---this is the PERFECT product to do that!! Not only does it look naturally, dewy, feminine, but it also makes your lashes SOFT and look healthy, dark (not too dark) and glossy, as if you've just walked out of a pool. so nice and neat!!! LOVE IT!!!! continued >>

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product is amazing, and I got it for one dollar at my local grocery store! I have been using this on my eyebrows, and it makes them look so much more polished and groomed. I also have used the side for eyelashes a few times as well; like the previous reviewer I too have used it as a base before applying my regular mascara and it really does prevent clumps! The only product I had used that was as good as this was something that I think Bonne Bell used to make and I believe it was discontinued a while ago. I will have to go back to the store and get a few more of these, because for the price and the quality, nothing I have found is better.

on 1/31/2007 2:40:00 AM

HG!

The best clear mascara I have ever used and I have tried ALOT. Lengthens and darkens my lashes. Perfect for school.

Also, I have found that it is perfect to use as a base for black mascara. Less clumps, longer and thicker lashes.

The eyebrow end is also great aswell.

A must have!