beautyblender the sponge

4.4

on 3/16/2013 10:44:00 AM

The beauty blender is expensive but I have to say it works really well, I do not use foundation but I have dark circles with bluish tone and I have always struggled applying concealer in that area, the beauty blender does that job wonderfully I just dab a little concealer with my finger on the dark circles and then dab gently with the beauty blender the result is really nice uniform and light application for me it does a much better job than my fingers or a concealer brush.

I have been using a regular Mac foundation brush since I started wearing makeup (6 years ago). I started looking for something that didn't give that dragging feeling when applying thicker foundations. I also don't like the idea of using my fingers, so I bought this sponge. I found 2 for $20 on Amazon. I know they're usually more expensive at Sephora so I'd recommend looking on Amazon before buying there.

I use this sponge with Estée Lauder double wear, which is a foundation that does not budge, but yet my beautyblender is as clean as the first day I received it. The first wash did cause a little pink discoloring, but has not happened again. I use baby shampoo to wash the sponge and couldn't recommend this washing method more. I don't use the cleaner that is advertised with it or anything special. Baby shampoo will get foundation, bronzer and blush out very easily and quickly.

Definitely like the feel of the beautyblender and is kinda fun to apply with. Always dampen it first and squeeze out excess water. It's definitely worth a try.

on 3/15/2013 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Hands down, the BEST applicator I have ever used. I hesitated for years using the BB and only bought the cheap knockoffs from Ulta. I am so glad I broke down and bought the real thing because there is nothing comparable.
This blender makes my face look absolutely flawless and I can apply foundation, concealer in no time flat. Plus, it blends cream blushes and powders flawlessly!
The price isn't cheap, as a professional MUA, I will stick to my airbrush machine for the flawless look, but worth it.
I do wish they had a little travel case for it though.

on 3/10/2013 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Okay, I’m a believer now! I’d been using an e.l.f. brush to apply my liquid foundation, and it worked well, but my foundation looked a bit heavy.

So, I decided to take a ride on the Beauty Blender bandwagon, and that rather odd bright pink egg-shaped sponge gives me the best finish I’ve ever achieved with liquid foundation.

First, I apply my Hourglass primer, and while that’s “setting,” I mist my Beauty Blender with water. Then I dab foundation on my face, and quickly bounce the Beauty Blender over the foundation to blend. The Beauty Blender applies the foundation rather sheerly; my skin doesn’t look “flawless,” but it doesn’t look “made-up,” either. There are no “seams” or streaks visible, and that’s exactly the kind of finish I want.

I got my Beauty Blender on eBay for under $20; that seems like a fairly reasonable price, since I expect my Beauty Blender to last for a long time.

When it does eventually wear out, I’ll definitely buy another.

on 3/7/2013 4:06:00 AM

Add me to the long list of Beauty Blender fans. While I don't think it is quite as amazing as everyone makes it out to be, it's a very handy product and has multiple uses. Great for picking up the excess when you accidentally apply too much blush, perfect for applying cream blush, smooths out foundation really well and gives that airbrushed look. It holds up pretty well too, mine last quite a few months before they even look like they need to be replaced. The Blender Cleanser is good too, I use it to clean my brushes as well as the BB sponge.

on 3/3/2013 4:25:00 PM

Amazing sponge! Applys flawlessly. Price is crazy though.

on 2/25/2013 5:31:00 AM

AMAZING! Will NEVER go back to applying foundation with any other type of brush! The most flawless finish I have ever gotten. Best results when used damp. I like to spray my UD De-slick but water works fine too! HG for sure!!! Got 2 for $25 at sephora online. Great purchase! Even the most weird texture foundations go on sooo smooth and flawless! At least for me It does not waste product (maybe because I don't apply the product directly in to it?) to apply i use a pouncing motion all over my face and use the smaller end on hard to reach parts like under eyes and nose area. Love it! So upset I hadn't purchased a long time before!

on 2/24/2013 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was pretty non-plussed by this originally when I tried it with my Bobbi Brown foundation that I was using a brush to apply. I found that that particular foundation went on just as well, if not better with the brush and that the sponge soaked up way too much expensive product. I shoved it in a drawer after several tries and stopped using it. I dug it out recently to use with the Flower brand tinted moisturizer and am glad I did! This product goes on much better with the sponge. Yes, the sponge still soaks up some product but with this much cheaper product its not such a deterrent. I get the most natural finish with this sponge. I also find that the sponge works great to blend concealer, especially over blemishes and is gentle under eyes. It also works well for blending creme foundation. I'm not sure I will repurchase this tool or not. If I buy a pricey foundation then no, but if I decide to stick with cheap foundations or moisturizers then yes.

on 2/23/2013 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is without a doubt the best sponge I've ever used for applying base but I just don't reach for it. I do my makeup at my vanity and having to soak the thing in water is very inconvenient. Also, because it requires a sink to clean this sits waiting to be cleaned longer than my bushes (which I spot clean after every use) - can't be good for acne prone skin.

I find it covers gently and offers the fullest version of whatever coverage the product that you start with is capable of. Because it is so soft on the skin I don't feel like it blends as well as I'd like and it can leave a 'nice makeup' look to the face instead of the 'nice skin' finish which I prefer. I tend to use this only to blend and soften heavy liquid foundations or blend concealer into my base after I've applied with a brush already. This is great for special occasions when I want full but soft coverage but is too fiddly for daily use.

I like my beauty blenders and I have a couple of them which I use for special occasion makeup. If you're already a sponge user than these are by far the best of their genre but I find brushes much more convenient and provide a less obvious finish.

I think £40 for two sponges is a lot to ask and I'm not sure the product justifies the price. But they are the nicest sponges I've ever tried and they've lasted for a long time. If you're happy to part with the cash they're fine sponges but not sure if I'll be buying any more of them.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This sponge changed the way i feel about foundation. I used to hate applying it, because my skins so dry it would just patch up. But when i use my damp knock off beauty blender, that i got on ebay for $3....... i love applying my foundation now!! its so fast, and easy. & its just amazing. I recommend any one get this!
Although i am not sure if this is breaking me out, i have very sensitive skin./acne prone. I hope its not this breaking me out tho!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools