Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.2

on 10/22/2003 12:04:00 AM

i am asian and have had the worst problems finding and eyeliner that doesn't smudge, fade and create a spidery look to my eyes. This eyeliner i read is completely waterproof and smudge proof, it is the best thing i have found yet. I use English Ideals Eyeliner stay over the gel and it still smears at the end of the day a little. I have not found anything more durable without looking kindof chunky. I would definatly recommend this product.

on 10/4/2003 5:50:00 AM

This is absolutely the best eyeliner! I've tried in the past, without much success, to find a quality liner that would not smudge from oily lids and one that would make application easy. This liner definitely acheived the above. No longer do I have to check my eyes in the mirror every hour to wipe away raccoon eyes. The staying power is wonderful: all day, no smudging, no flaking, no funky/unpleasant scent, and very nice jar. Thanks to Bobbi Brown, this portion of my face is now worry-free. Highly recommended for those who have problems with liners that do not live up to the hype or promises. Although the pot may be somewhat small, 0.10 oz, the amount needed for each application is relatively small, so this product will last a very long time. I should also point out that although it is considered a "gel" liner, the actual product is quite thick/smooth (not liquidy) and will not drip or spill when applied. Great Product! Better than Chanel or MAC liners, for those who prefer the higher-end products.

on 9/29/2003 4:27:00 PM

This product is awesome! I'm used to liquid eyeliners and how hard they can be to apply sometimes. The gel consistency is awesome, even though it doesn't look like gel. The color is highly pigmented and very dark.

The sales woman at the counter was rude when I told her I didn't want the eyeliner brush because it looked too thick. She told the other sales lady right in front of me that thin brushes don't work right with the eyeliner and that it crusts up and makes the eyeliner "ball up". Whatever, I stuck to by then eyeliner brush and it works perfect.

Highly recommend it!

*Girlfixer*

on 9/12/2003 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I first want to say thank you to all those who reviewed BB's gel eyeliner. With your comments, I was able to confidently buy what I would call the BEST eyeliner anyone ever came up with!!! I think in my lifetime, I have tried over 25 different brands and styles of eyeliner (pencil, liquid, cream, etc)from all different price ranges and I have finally found my dream one-Bobbi Brown is simply the best! I have the oiliest eyelids known to man and from 6:45 am until the time I take it off (usually 7:30 or 8:00 at night) the eyeliner did not budge!!! The only thing users need to get used to is using an eyeliner brush. After you get the hang of it, the stuff is a dream to put on. It's not cakey and does not "chunk" up. Bravo to Bobbi Brown!!!

If you want more proof that this eyeliner is smudgeproof-I was helping my parents move to their new home last weekend and when I turned around and bent down to pick up a box, my dad accidently elbowed my left eye. When I looked in the mirror, the stuff didn't even smear. Talk about an accidental (but great) test!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome. A little goes a long way, I have had my jar for over a year and use it about 3 times a week. It wears all day, doesn't clump or fade, can look dramatic or subtle - whatever you want! Just make sure to get a good brush, particularly if you want a very fine line (I was not a fan of the bb brush but i know many others love it). And once it is on it's not budging so fix those mistakes quickly!

on 8/1/2003 7:40:00 PM

The staying power is awesome, and I love the color. It defines, but doesn't look too harsh. The best thing about it is a little goes a LONG way. I've had mine for almost a YEAR and I still have more than half of the product left. It's definitely worth the price, since it pays for itself in the long run.

on 7/15/2003 2:34:00 AM

I LOVE this e/l! Everything smudges on me: waterproof, non-smudge, powerpoint, you name it. This is the closest I can come to a budge-proof liner! It's quite versatile, esp. with the BB liner brush. You can (with practice) manipulate the brush to make a thin, thick line or smudge to your liking. This liner still moves a little on my lower lashes, but it's still by far the best I've ever tried! HG for me!! :D

on 7/8/2003 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Why do you all rave about this product so much? Probably because it is AWESOME! I use the MAC eye liner brush to apply it and I can get as thin or as thick of line as I want! The price is a bit high, but it's on a little pot instead of pencil form so it will last me much longer than a week, which pencils normally do. It does smudge on me somewhat.

on 6/22/2003 1:34:00 PM

LOVE the gel eyeliner! the ink stays forever on your eyelids and it does not run like most of my pencil eyeliners do. I use it with my BB ultra-fine e/l brush and the result is excellent! This is my HG eyeliner =)

on 6/15/2003 10:43:00 PM

Lasts all day and goes on very smoothly with the Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush. However, I find the color to be very similar to the granite (esp. since I use this eyeliner for defining my eyes close to the lashline). The black color, I suppose, is better for dramatic defining, but the granite is also dark enough for evening. Overall, though, an amazing product. I highly recommend.