April 18, 2014 | 1250 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2003 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Stainless

I'm in heaven! I hated using eye liner before trying these puppies. I usually just used a dark shadow to line, which is fine on more casual days. These gel inks are perfect for adding the drama I want for evening wear. Black Ink is the blackest black I've ever used on my eyes, akin to the black of mascara. I use it rarely on extra special occasions and it is soooo silky as it glides on--no tugging and pulling like with pencils, and no half-assed splotchy color as with some ink pens. The product has never dried out on me (gotta keep that cap on tight), and I find that the BB Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush deposits just the right amount of color and, even more importantly, just the right width of line. I need a fine line or else I look a bit too, ahem ... wanna be Catherine Zeta Jones in Chicago. That ain't exactly a look that little old Polish me can pull off.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2003 8:41:00 PM More reviews by eyelinerjunkie22

THe eyeliner states to be long wearing, but dont trust this b/c after 2 hours the eyeliner came off!if neone knows a great long wearing eyeliner thats waterproof and last all day email me @ qtkatie22@msn.com

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2003 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Tuhreesuh

i thought this only satisfactory. i paid $20 for it and i thought it damn well better be as good as everyone says so! well, i found that the color was not as pigmented as i thought, and i could never get it to look right (possibly the brush?). all in all, i think for $15 less i can get a wp liquid liner at the drugstore that does just as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2003 1:59:00 PM More reviews by elaina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm reviewing this for colour alone. Black Ink: the name says it all. This is a very intense black. I like black eyeliner against my dark hair, hazel eyes, and NC15 skin, but this was too much for me. It is a true, inky black that might look okay for nighttime (and even then applied in a very thin line), but it was much too harsh for daytime. I'd recommend Sepia or Granite instead; both are softer blacks that are infinitely more wearable for day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2003 11:29:00 PM More reviews by daiquiri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i've tried just about every single eyeliner on the market and this is the one im definitely going to stick with. it delivers on its promise and doesn't smudge which is a major plus since i have a huge problem with smudging. every single eyeliner i've tried smears except for this! its versatile in that i can draw a thick cleopatra line, a smudgy one or a super fine one. it dries quickly so you need to work fast if you want a smudgy line though. just for reference, i use either the regular eyeliner brush or the superfine one, both from bobbibrown, and i usually line all around my eyes. pricey but worth every penny.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2003 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Serena77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved the way it went on so smoothly and silky.So unique and better then traditional liquid or pencil,I dont know if I received a bad bottle or I am just overly sensitive with scents but my bottle smelled like paint.I could smell the chemicals in it while I had it on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2003 12:36:00 PM More reviews by April2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! I think I prefer it over granite which looks sort of like an average grey on me. So far, I have this color, sepia, granite, and violet. Of the four, sepia and black are my faves. The only thing is that you can't be in a rush when using it. I like to make a neat fine line on the upperlids only that tails up at the end. Makes my brown eyes really stand out. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2003 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Gracey_Lee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I asked people for a way to help eyeliner stay on oily lids and a ton of people rec. this. I read the reviews and had to try it. At first I was really worried about applying it because I'm used to pencils, but the saleslady taught me how to use a brush like a pencil and it's actually easier! And yes, on my super oily lids, this stayed on all day long. It's truly amazing. (I didn't buy the BB brush. The reviews for it wasn't that great and when I tried it at the counter, it didn't draw a truly fine line.)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2003 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Maxima9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard so many good things about this so I got it. Was surprised to see so little quantity for $18. Used a brand new thin liner brush and it went on very smoothly and looked nice.

It didn't take long to start smudging on my oily vanishing lids. It got so bad I started to look like I have huge dark circles then eventually I looked like a racoon.

If you have OILY AND VANISHING lids, don't buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2003 11:24:00 PM More reviews by queenakrene

I tried this on and it did nothing for me. It has really cute packaging and the product will last you for a long time. On the other had it doesn't work for me. I wanted to love it so because of all the reviews, but I tried it on and walked around for an hour before I bought it and all I had to do was swipe my hand over it for the whole thing to wipe off. This is not a product for girls with oily lids.