January 25, 2015 | 939 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2003 10:43:00 PM More reviews by ht129

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lasts all day and goes on very smoothly with the Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush. However, I find the color to be very similar to the granite (esp. since I use this eyeliner for defining my eyes close to the lashline). The black color, I suppose, is better for dramatic defining, but the granite is also dark enough for evening. Overall, though, an amazing product. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2003 5:51:00 PM More reviews by mitsubachi

This is a GREAT eyeliner product! I prefer this to my MAC Creme liner which I also reviewed. I use the MAC 311 brush to apply this gel liner to my upper lids. It's a little tricky to get the perfect thin, staight line, but if you use short feathery strokes close to the lash line, it looks close to the perfect line.
Sometimes I like to draw a thick line and smudge it out for a long-lasting smokey eye. Warning: if you need to make any corrections, make it quick. Once this gel sets (about 60 secs), you need to use a waterproof m/u remover to fix your boo-boo, which means you'll mess up the rest of your eye makeup. And if you can fix your eye makeup using an oil-based m/u remover without screwing up your makeup, I bow down to you *bow*

I also have oily lids, and this product has not smeared or disappeared on my lids yet! I'm planning to get the Violet gel liner when I get a chance! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2003 2:59:00 PM More reviews by busymommy

Love,love this product,can't live without it!Just bought sepia.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2003 4:11:00 AM More reviews by brandywilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best eyeliners out there! I was looking for a liquid eyeliner to try my hand at the "classic" cat eye look you see everywhere, and was having a rough time with all of them. They smudged, chipped, didn't dry quickly, were awful to use... Then I got this one. It's a little thick, so be careful when coating your brush, but it goes on smooth and easy and when it dries (dries quite quickly), it doesn't move! If you have a q-tip handy you can smudge this after applying it to soften the time making the effect more like a pencil liner. A bit pricey, but I think it'll last a fair while. The only downside I can see, is I've heard it can dry out of not sealed really tightly between uses.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2003 11:51:00 AM More reviews by brianx

Thanks to Bobbi Brown, I no longer need any other eyeliner! (Well, pencil for the inner rims of the eye is an execption) I used to use liquid, but it would always usually come off very easily, and smudge and overall look really gross... And then I finally decided to give this a try. It gives the look of a liquid, is very intense and does really stay put. I usually only use this as a very thin line at the base of the eyelashes, however it can also be used for a variety of looks: very thick and dramatic or demure for daytime. The lasting power is very good. It lasts the whole day with very minute or no sign of it coming off. If you happen to rub your eye, it will come off a bit but overall it is never noticable, since the pigmentation is so intense. I've never used the BB liner brush, but it does seem a little too thick. I use a very thin liner brush (like MAC #210) to apply it and it works the best for me. It gives me the best result. Overall, this is the best liner I have ever used. I recommend it to everyone, and I will never be able to go without this! For the price, you get a lot of product and I think it is fair. One pot will last quite a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2003 9:38:00 AM More reviews by appleqn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Being totally new to eyeliners, I had tried MAC's eye kohls but they smudged after a couple of hours. After reading all the reviews Bobbi Brown got for her gel eyeliners, I decided to give it a try and wasn't disappointed. Apart from the price, everything else about this was great. It lasted the whole day on me without smudging and the color is such an intense black, which I love as I've black hair and really dark eyes. Eye makeup remover is a must to get all of it out properly. By the way, I didn't get the brush that goes with it because quite a few of the reviewers complained that it was too thick and after experimenting at the store, I'd to agree. I tried asking at MAC and the SA said I could try using a lip brush to apply it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2003 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Stainless

I'm in heaven! I hated using eye liner before trying these puppies. I usually just used a dark shadow to line, which is fine on more casual days. These gel inks are perfect for adding the drama I want for evening wear. Black Ink is the blackest black I've ever used on my eyes, akin to the black of mascara. I use it rarely on extra special occasions and it is soooo silky as it glides on--no tugging and pulling like with pencils, and no half-assed splotchy color as with some ink pens. The product has never dried out on me (gotta keep that cap on tight), and I find that the BB Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush deposits just the right amount of color and, even more importantly, just the right width of line. I need a fine line or else I look a bit too, ahem ... wanna be Catherine Zeta Jones in Chicago. That ain't exactly a look that little old Polish me can pull off.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2003 8:41:00 PM More reviews by eyelinerjunkie22

THe eyeliner states to be long wearing, but dont trust this b/c after 2 hours the eyeliner came off!if neone knows a great long wearing eyeliner thats waterproof and last all day email me @ qtkatie22@msn.com

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2003 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Tuhreesuh

i thought this only satisfactory. i paid $20 for it and i thought it damn well better be as good as everyone says so! well, i found that the color was not as pigmented as i thought, and i could never get it to look right (possibly the brush?). all in all, i think for $15 less i can get a wp liquid liner at the drugstore that does just as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2003 1:59:00 PM More reviews by elaina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm reviewing this for colour alone. Black Ink: the name says it all. This is a very intense black. I like black eyeliner against my dark hair, hazel eyes, and NC15 skin, but this was too much for me. It is a true, inky black that might look okay for nighttime (and even then applied in a very thin line), but it was much too harsh for daytime. I'd recommend Sepia or Granite instead; both are softer blacks that are infinitely more wearable for day.