April 20, 2014 | 1598 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2008 9:08:00 PM More reviews by apirro

I really liked this product the first couple of uses,but I don't feel like it is really doing anything for skin anymore. Maybe it was a fluke that it worked at first.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 1:01:00 AM More reviews by SheKnowsItAll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Much like everyone else reviewing this product, I love it. Dirt cheap, large quantity, no smell (of the clay itself), non-irritating and seems to be keeping breakouts at bay. Leaves my face SOOOOOO baby soft. I mix this with Apple Cider Vinegar and leave it on for an hour or till completely dry. It's time consuming and a pain to wash off BUT its worth it. If you're like me, and are desparate to get rid of acne, doing this as a nightly ritual, is worth the sacrifice! Highly recommended just for the health benefits alone (removal of toxins).

UPDATE: MY HOLY GRAIL! I have been using this every night for the past month and a half. For 3 days last week I got lazy and didn't apply this mask and I broke out on the 2nd day. The 4th night I applied this and left it on all night, yes, I slept with this stuff on my face (once it dries completely, it doesnt smear or anything) and my break outs were gone by the next morning. I have found the solution to all of my adult acne prone problems. I wish I would have known about this stuff a year ago, this would have saved me a lot of stress and heartache. I will never be without this stuff! I can not express just how happy this has made me. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Peaches27

While this stuff isn't pleasant feeling while on (I only leave on for 10 mins), I feel it's really the only thing that makes a noticeable difference in my skin right when I wash it off. My skin is softer and just cleaner looking. I wouldn't use it more than once- maybe twice per week for fear of making my already dry skin, more dry. You just need to be sure and moisturize afterwards.
I have dry, acne prone skin and I haven't noticed this causing breakouts or anything- but, I haven't used it in a while either and just started it up again last night. Though, I could see it purging your skin a little because of the strength, but I put BP on after I use the mask, then moisturize so that will hopefully curb breakouts.
Oh, and I mix it with mik. I cannot handle the vinegar that that it says to mix with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 10:43:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is STRONG! I mix it with diluted ACV (50:50), and it's one hell of a potent spot treatment or mask. I can't use this too much or it dries my face out but for hot, sticky summer days when my skin is super congested, this is great.

I paid $7 for a tub that's going to last me FOREVER. Great value for the price.

EDIT: Upped this to 4 stars, because i've found the best way to use this for my own skin. I have sensitive skin that's very clog-prone (seriously, i get the WORST blackheads on my cheeks). I mix this with ACV and add some honey to make it easier on my skin. My skin is far less irritated and not as dry after rinsing! Helps a LOT!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2008 11:51:00 AM More reviews by dysphoricmango

Love this clay. The package states that you can make 20-30 clay masks from the 2lb. tub but I think you can definitely make more than that. I only need around 1 1/2 tbsp. of powder to make a thick mask. I mix my clay with Organic Apple Cider Vinegar from Trader Joe's. I hate the smell of vinegar but I'm the type of person who will try anything to look good (lol). The ACV from Trader Joe's doesn't actually smell that bad. The smell isn't pleasant but it's completely tolerable as the smell is relatively faint. I always put in a couple drops of ACV and add a few drops of water to the mixture if the mixture is still too dry.
I purchased this after I ran out of my Borghese Fango Mud but decided that I didn't want to spend $60.00 if there are cheaper alternatives out there. After the first use, I noticed that many of the white/blackheads on my face were gone. Washing the mask off is a pain so I usually do it right before I hop into the shower. After washing it off, I put on a layer of toner and then a light layer of moisturizer. Will definitely repurchase after I run out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by ginasuicide

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ugh.. this stuff is so disgusting. not to mention a pain. measuring, mixing, applying, but i rather do that then wash it off.. its like washing dirt off your face. last time i used i thought i would vomit.. I went back to Mary Kay formula #3 . same benefits only in a tube and smooth. off to swap this stuff went, im glad it found a home.

also wanted to mention.. did not see any benefits from it either. not in skin clearing or anything else. first time i noticed blackheads on nose lessened but not after the remaining times.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by sakuraface

this mask dries like stone on your face!!! hahaha- and it DEFINITELY pulsates like the campany says. i just use it with water because the smell of it mixed with apple cider vinegar on my face is way too strong! With water its a lot better though. As for how well it works, my face definitely feels clean once I wash it all off, despite looking like a tomato- which lasts about 30 minutes just like it says on the container. Overall, the company is true to their words- it does everything it says it will on the back and it lasts FOREVER! The clay has many other uses but i just use it as a mask ive had it for months now but you can hardly tell!! I would definitely agree that this is te worlds most powerful facial mask hahaha

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by sunnyfuusunflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I bought this product the other day and used it last night for the first time. I mixed it with apple cider vinegar as the directions suggest to do and left it on my face for 15min. At times I felt like the mask was pulsating, like the company claims it does, and the mask became very tight on my face as it dried. I didn't see much of a difference in the blackheads on my nose, which is what I had hoped it would've got rid of, however, much to my surprise the tiny laugh line that I have had since I was 18 diminished significantly. I was not expecting that at all. My face did feel nice after I used it and I didn't experience any redness.

**UPDATE** I used this again this week and it did end up turning my face a bit red, but it disappeared in about 25-30 min. This is a really nice mask but a little annoying to mix together. I would recommend only using this product once a week unless you have very oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 11:02:00 AM More reviews by PharmDCrys

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So if you look at my other reviews, they're dedicated to all things acne, lol...absolute bane of my existence. I've been dealing with it since the ripe age of 12, and have used pretty much everything known to man, including bimonthly TCA peels and 4 rounds of Accutane (yeah it was that bad). Now, at 27 years old, I'm still fighting, though not as much. I get monthly hormonal acne, as of late, it's been super concentrated around my jawline and chin. I have the occasional cheek and forehead (I think those are pretty much controlled with NuvaRing and Nature's Cure) , but the bottom of my face is the worst, with those flesh-toned underskin bumps that just won't budge.

I revisited Aztec Secret after reading threads on my other beauty boards. I had half a tub under my sink, so I pulled it and some ACV out. It was exactly as I remembered it, easy to mix, smooth, mousse-like consistency, dried rock hard in about 20 minutes. I washed it off and applied the BP that's included in my Nature's Cure package and went to bed. The next morning, my skin showed noticeable improvement. I looked less congested, and some very problematic pimples were a bit smaller. I ended up using the mask 2 more nights in a row with consistent improvement each time. And I will continue to use it nightly until everything is cleared up. It may be too harsh for some people to use it that way, but my skin is extraordinarily tough, lol...definitely a keeper in my book!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2008 12:37:00 PM More reviews by frostygrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Since I've become addicted to MUA and products to clear up my face, I found this reading a review of the Fresh umbrian clay mask a few days ago. I read all these reviews and tried desperately to find it at the Vitamin Shoppe, Trader Joe's, Walgreens, CVS, etc. Finally I drove a few towns away to Whole Foods to get this and organic ACV. I used this last night with a couple teaspoons of the clay and ACV. It fizzes and mixes quite nicely, and goes on smooth. I also LOVE the smell of vinegar, so I didn't mind the smell at all. I have oily to dry skin, the occasional breakout and lots of clogged pores in my t-zone. I left it on for about 30 minutes, and it felt like a vacuum behind my face; it got so hard and just sucked my face back! It left my face pretty red for the night, but I woke up this morning and my skin feels and looks so soft. I could tell it definitely cleaned out alot of the clogged pores on and around my nose. I really look forward to using this again (maybe tonight!) with honey or vitamin e oil. I'll update as I experiment!