China Glaze Ruby Pumps

4.7

Can't say anything that hasn't been said. Its so pretty, I get lots of compliments. Its one of those that you can't help but stare at. Lots of depth and sparkle! a must have in any collection.

**update**The color is still beautiful, but damn it takes forever to dry! If you apply 3 coats and the product in the bottle has thickened at ALL then good luck getting it to dry. This polish works the best when its brand spanking new for only about 3 manis/pedis. after that it starts to thicken up. Dissappointing :(

I am obsessed with this! I have had it for a month or so, and never used it b/c I thought it was like most glitter nail polishes and more of a top coat. However, this is not only glitter, but a great amount of color. It is so sparkly and perfect on my toes!! I dont know that I have ever done a pedicure with the same color twice in a row and I am going on my third with Ruby Pumps! Love, love, love it.

This was also my first China Glaze purchase in general and I am pretty happy with the quality and finish. It doesnt seem to dry quite as fast as OPI, but I can live with that. continued >>

A very in-your-face red glitter n/p. It can seem to "jazz hands" to wear on its own but nice to wear over black or (I prefer) an almost-black red like Revlon Vixen

I can't add too much of substance to what other reviewers have already said - just adding my enthusiastic thumbs-up for this polish! It's a gorgeous, glitter-packed red that applies wonderfully. Two coats is all you need, but three looks even more sparkly and fun! This is great for pedis all year-round (I usually do less glittery shades for tips, though I'm sure it would look beautiful on hands, too). I'd definitely recommend this to anyone, because the red seems quite neutral, and I know I'd buy it again if I ran out. I can see this becoming my #1 favorite shade for toes.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Usually glittery polishes are too clear, but this one really gives you a nice opaque look. Super sparkly, just perfect for toes. Plus it was only $2.99. I only wish CG would bust out a wide brush like OPI.

I wanted to like this polish so much but the color just didn't do it for me. The shimmer in the formula is wonderful but I hated the shade of red in Ruby Pumps, it reminded me of cheap melted cherry hardcandy even with multiple coats. I expected a deeper red color. However, Ruby Pumps looks great over blackish nail polish but I don't wear dark colors enough to justify the price. Overall the color didn't work for my skin tone but I can definitely see why others love it!

Every woman should own this polish. It is beautiful with 2 coats. But with 3 coats..oohhhh! Breathtaking with the depth & brilliance of the red sparks. As previous reviews have noted, it does bring to mind Dorothy's red shoes from the Wizard of Oz.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is one of those polishes that I think everyone should own. It's a pretty bright true ruby red with tons of glitter. It's not as glittery on me as it looks in the bottle, so with this polish I use 3 coats instead of 2.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I didn't think I liked glitter polishes, but I absolutely adore this one. It's a red glitter in a somewhat sheer red base that is slightly cool toned. It's perfect layered over dark colors like black, brown or a deep warm red which helps it from being too cool toned for neutral/warm me. I haven't tried it on my tips, I think it would be a little much for me, but I love it on my toes.

I am obsessed with this nail polish!! I love the color and I just wore it on my fingernails for the first time last night (for a Christmas party) and I got TONS of compliments! It's a very rich red with awesome sparkles... definitely looks like Dorothy Slippers. I actually thought this was called "Ruby Slippers" instead of "Ruby Pumps"... it should be! :)

Top Rated China Glaze Products