December 17, 2014 | 1636 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2007 5:07:00 AM More reviews by Muartsy

Every woman should own this polish. It is beautiful with 2 coats. But with 3 coats..oohhhh! Breathtaking with the depth & brilliance of the red sparks. As previous reviews have noted, it does bring to mind Dorothy's red shoes from the Wizard of Oz.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2007 9:30:00 PM More reviews by MsGolightly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of those polishes that I think everyone should own. It's a pretty bright true ruby red with tons of glitter. It's not as glittery on me as it looks in the bottle, so with this polish I use 3 coats instead of 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2006 3:58:00 PM More reviews by pattyk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't think I liked glitter polishes, but I absolutely adore this one. It's a red glitter in a somewhat sheer red base that is slightly cool toned. It's perfect layered over dark colors like black, brown or a deep warm red which helps it from being too cool toned for neutral/warm me. I haven't tried it on my tips, I think it would be a little much for me, but I love it on my toes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2006 11:21:00 AM More reviews by lillip1185

I am obsessed with this nail polish!! I love the color and I just wore it on my fingernails for the first time last night (for a Christmas party) and I got TONS of compliments! It's a very rich red with awesome sparkles... definitely looks like Dorothy Slippers. I actually thought this was called "Ruby Slippers" instead of "Ruby Pumps"... it should be! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2006 1:44:00 PM More reviews by piratequeen

This color is so beautiful, and so unusual.The red glitter is really fine, and gives such a beautiful sparkle. I have yet to try this over black nail polish, but it looks fabulous over other reds!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2006 11:07:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yes, unbelievably glittery and festive like for Christmas. Like you took a candy apple and dipped it in red glitter. I like how it dries smoother than most glitter polishes. It is a bit long to dry, but on acrylic nails that can be resolved with a topcoat. Also, I have not run into an issue with chipping. Would buy again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2006 10:17:00 PM More reviews by styrch

I'm saying no I won't buy this again, but truly I'll have to see. I like the color itself a lot. But it takes FOREVER to dry, IMO. I've had it on my nails for an hour now and it's still a bit tacky (two coats). It does take two coats to cover well. I can see why people would want to use this over other polishes so it could be very useful as a supporting color. But it's really fun on the nails by itself and I would recommend it, regardless of the lukewarm rating I'm giving it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2006 5:13:00 PM More reviews by princesss

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this polish. It is the perfect red and it is packed with red glitter. It literally is Dorothy's shoes in polish form. Three coats give complete coverage but this also looks great over a red or black polish.
The only complaint I have about this one is that it is a pain to remove. But it is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2006 3:47:00 PM More reviews by orisha_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I've been on a lifetime quest for the perfect red, and after reading the amazing reviews for Ruby Pumps I decided I simply must have some! I held my breath as the first coat went on - it seemed thin and watery, and more pink than red. In the end it took three coats to get the depth of colour on the bottle. I used OPI nail envy as a base and top coat, and this helped the colour last a week or more. The colour is just gorgeous, a real antidote to my collection of dark, vampy reds, which can seem a bit po-faced in comparison to the girly, flirty sparkle of Ruby Pumps. Holy Grail nail colour for sure - if I had one wish though, it would be for even MORE glitter! UPDATE: I've discovered this looks amazing if you put one coat over the top of a black polish - very diva, very glam... it actually emphasises the sparkle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2006 11:38:00 AM More reviews by newsystyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This looks like a deep red on me, and it's oozing with glitter. Very sparkly, and not at all like Essie's Ruby Slippers, which is more sheer and the glitter is more sparse. Ruby Pumps, from China Glaze's "Wizard of Ooh Ahz" collection, can go from summer to winter easily because of the deepness of the red. I would actually prefer it for the colder months. This wears impecably well after one coat, but two is what makes it great. The glitter here is chunky, but not as chunky as those from the other colors in the collection like "Dorothy Who?" and "Good Witch?". I would definitely continue to repurchase this color.