China Glaze Ruby Pumps

4.7

on 2/16/2007 11:16:00 AM

I can't add too much of substance to what other reviewers have already said - just adding my enthusiastic thumbs-up for this polish! It's a gorgeous, glitter-packed red that applies wonderfully. Two coats is all you need, but three looks even more sparkly and fun! This is great for pedis all year-round (I usually do less glittery shades for tips, though I'm sure it would look beautiful on hands, too). I'd definitely recommend this to anyone, because the red seems quite neutral, and I know I'd buy it again if I ran out. I can see this becoming my #1 favorite shade for toes.

on 2/7/2007 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Usually glittery polishes are too clear, but this one really gives you a nice opaque look. Super sparkly, just perfect for toes. Plus it was only $2.99. I only wish CG would bust out a wide brush like OPI.

on 2/6/2007 8:57:00 PM

I wanted to like this polish so much but the color just didn't do it for me. The shimmer in the formula is wonderful but I hated the shade of red in Ruby Pumps, it reminded me of cheap melted cherry hardcandy even with multiple coats. I expected a deeper red color. However, Ruby Pumps looks great over blackish nail polish but I don't wear dark colors enough to justify the price. Overall the color didn't work for my skin tone but I can definitely see why others love it!

on 1/23/2007 5:07:00 AM

Every woman should own this polish. It is beautiful with 2 coats. But with 3 coats..oohhhh! Breathtaking with the depth & brilliance of the red sparks. As previous reviews have noted, it does bring to mind Dorothy's red shoes from the Wizard of Oz.

on 1/11/2007 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is one of those polishes that I think everyone should own. It's a pretty bright true ruby red with tons of glitter. It's not as glittery on me as it looks in the bottle, so with this polish I use 3 coats instead of 2.

on 12/27/2006 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I didn't think I liked glitter polishes, but I absolutely adore this one. It's a red glitter in a somewhat sheer red base that is slightly cool toned. It's perfect layered over dark colors like black, brown or a deep warm red which helps it from being too cool toned for neutral/warm me. I haven't tried it on my tips, I think it would be a little much for me, but I love it on my toes.

on 12/20/2006 11:21:00 AM

I am obsessed with this nail polish!! I love the color and I just wore it on my fingernails for the first time last night (for a Christmas party) and I got TONS of compliments! It's a very rich red with awesome sparkles... definitely looks like Dorothy Slippers. I actually thought this was called "Ruby Slippers" instead of "Ruby Pumps"... it should be! :)

on 12/11/2006 1:44:00 PM

This color is so beautiful, and so unusual.The red glitter is really fine, and gives such a beautiful sparkle. I have yet to try this over black nail polish, but it looks fabulous over other reds!

on 11/19/2006 11:07:00 PM

Yes, unbelievably glittery and festive like for Christmas. Like you took a candy apple and dipped it in red glitter. I like how it dries smoother than most glitter polishes. It is a bit long to dry, but on acrylic nails that can be resolved with a topcoat. Also, I have not run into an issue with chipping. Would buy again!

on 9/12/2006 10:17:00 PM

I'm saying no I won't buy this again, but truly I'll have to see. I like the color itself a lot. But it takes FOREVER to dry, IMO. I've had it on my nails for an hour now and it's still a bit tacky (two coats). It does take two coats to cover well. I can see why people would want to use this over other polishes so it could be very useful as a supporting color. But it's really fun on the nails by itself and I would recommend it, regardless of the lukewarm rating I'm giving it.

Popular Polishes