November 22, 2014 | 1954 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Aniger86

I used this for a long time before I switched to oil free makeup removers. I use it mainly to remove waterproof mascara and it works good. It does take awhile to remove the makeup as opposed to quick complete removal, but it does work better than the one from Lancome. I can't recall the name now, but its a similar product in blue liquid. The screw cap of this product is quite unique. Its got a lock system whereby if you want to unscrew the bottle, you can't just unscrew it as per normal, but you need to push the cap down first and then unscrew to release the lock function. I used to find this troublesome initially, but later grew to appreciate and like it as I realised if you need to carry the item around, say for travel, the bottle would never leak and damage all your other toiletries. I probably might repurchase if I ever come back to needing an oil based eye makeup remover.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by theseahag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a big fan. It does what it's supposed to and removes eye make up really well, even my hard-to-shift waterproof mascara comes off instantly. Also, it doesn't irritate my eyes like a lot of eye make up removers do.

However.. it is really oily and I feel like I've got greasy smears blurring my vision for ages afterwards! Also, really don't like the child-proof bottle - I find it difficult to open, and after just a couple of uses the usual Clinique silver cap came off and I've been left with the really cheap white plastic cap that's underneath. I wouldn't buy this again, mainly because I don't like the greasiness.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by tanen74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product does a great job of removing waterproof mascara and lip stains. It leaves my skin feeling soft after using. One bottle will last a long time so it's a good value.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by iwannabeakennedy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not a fan. I generally like clinique, but this product not so much. I find myself needing to use a lot of product for not a lot of makeup and get an oily feeling after, which is generally alright since I follow up with cleanser and such. It removes makeup but for me it seems to take a lot of rubbing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by daserink

Omg. awesome product. it takes off waterproof within seconds as well as regular makeup. so easy. I love the super tight cap. :]

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by CTP

It works pretty good, IMO. At times, it can get a bit "greasy"- feeling. I believe you can use a drugstore brand makeup remover & it would work just as good/great.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 7:17:00 PM More reviews by deliah008

I must say, this does what it claims to do: it does take all makeup off. My complaint? It also takes away all my skin's natural (the good) oils. Everything. Literally.

So what I'm left with is a dry canvas, a very dry canvas. My skin felt tight and dehydrated, like it fought a water-tug-of-war and lost. Not good. And I have combo skin, leaning towards oily.

What did I discover about this (which is why I'm giving it any lippies at all) is that it's great as a on-the-go brush cleanser. It's not great for the brush bristles, but like I said, it does a great job on the go.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by chestnutrose

I'm basically over Clinique but they do have the best makeup removers on the market imo. This one is no exception. Takes off eye makeup with such ease, zero effort is required. Much better then pricier brands like Chanel, Lancome, Dior etc. The only con for me for this one is that it is a bit greasy and it feels as though residue is left behind. No irritation or stinging though. For the reason of the greasiness I prefer its sister product Clinique Eye Makeup removing solvent. But this is hands down the best eye makeup remover I have tried to date.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by ReenBean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my HG make up remover. It takes everything off even when Iím wearing heavy or waterproof make up. The key is holding the cotton pad against your eye so that the remover has time in contact with the skin to do its work before gently wiping everything off. You should never apply and tug straight away (this applies to ALL eye make up removers).

Yes this is oily, I think that is why itís so good at melting off all make up. This isnít an issue for me as I always wash my face after I take off my make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 10:31:00 AM More reviews by eunice866

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eye makeup remover - removes even waterproof liners and mascaras with ease! I have bought this many many times. My only gripe with this is that it can leave a VERY slightly greasy feel afterwards, but I don't really mind it at all because I usually wash my face right after removing my makeup anyway.