November 26, 2014 | 953 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by miumiubabe

I actually really liked this foundation. The formulation is okay and it doesnt cover really anything, it only softened things. But on the other hand it didnt break me out as a lot of other foundations have. It was slightly drying but a good primer could easily correct that. The consistency is quite water in my opinion and it does have quite an odd pasty smell to it. However i probably would buy it again because it was very light and great for everyday wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by bronzeneo

I originally bought this product 2 years ago - I go through this love/hate phase of liquid vs mineral makeup - and skipped it because it made my face look weird. About 2 months ago I got fed up with my regular mineral makeup and went to priceline (aussie store) and bought this stuff again. After 2 weeks my face was terrible, I put it down to this stuff but soon discovered the brand new "tough on acne, soft on skin" papulex acne system I bought was the one that made my face go mental.
I went back to this stuff and 5 days later my face hasnt reacted.
Whilst nowhere near the coverage of revlon colorstay (combo skin), my face looks natural, my acne is covered and I dont feel like I have a mask on my face.
Its not the best, but it hasnt made me break out again - and for me, thats the biggest bonus of all.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by ScreamingNurse

I absolutely HATED this stuff. It clogs my skin; feels like a clown's greasepaint; dries wrong; looks cheap as cheap can be; smells funny; looks either goth-pasty or fake-tan-orangey no matter what color I try and how hard I blend it; and finally, the package is not sealed for consumer protection. I found that out the hard way by buying one at the drugstore, hauling it home, opening it up, and finding it all nasty and crusted to the inside of the bottle, long since dried. Who knows who did what to that mess? That cost me a trip back to the store to exchange it for another shade which looked even worse on my face. I used to love Almay when I was younger. What happened to their stuff these days?!?

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 2:45:00 AM More reviews by cesa11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is good. I have a lot of foundations and this one covers blemishes and acne marks the best- makes them invisible. This morning my face was RED and blotchy and due to product changes I broke out. I brought out this baby and girls at work did not see a blemish:)

Lasts a good shift at fast food oil-slick atmosphere, and that alone skyrockets this baby into greatness.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Mickey41

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My favorite foundation! I use this foundation every single day and is just awesome. I have combination skin and break out every now and then. A few years back, I started getting horrible acne. I started using this product along with other products (Purpose bar soap) and have noticed quite a difference. I don't use the powder that goes with this foundation. I prefer using a translucent shade of powder to set the foundation, then a bit a bronzer powder and a bit of blush to finish the look. I apply it with a sponge, but I've been reading how beneficial it is using a foundation brush for the overall appearance. I will start applying it with a foundation brush soon and challenge that theory myself. Try it out for a few weeks if you have acne prone skin. IT may just work for you

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2008 10:03:00 AM More reviews by novmonkey6

Well...this product didn't work for me that well (I bought the entire collection). I brought the medium shade and it was too dark for me and I figure that the light shade wouldn't work either (but i suppose that you can mix the colors - a light foundation with a medium powder or something). I also think that this dried my skin (but I'm not sure - since I was switching back and forth between many products). As for the skin clearing part, very few products actually work for me and this doesn't either. I gave it away.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by andrea0611

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in Buff from recs from MUA and Paula Begoun. Sadly, it ended up looking cakey on me, pretty much sitting on top on my skin, not blending in. My skin is pretty light, and I think the Buff was a tad too light for me, but hey, my skin is hard to match. Unlike others, I did not mind the packaging, I like the sturdy, heavy bottle and I had no problems getting the product out. I could see how others could have problems getting the last drops out though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by OutOfLine

EDIT: Its nice... not great. Because of the price I will not be buying again. Does not clear blemishes at all and thats what I partailly bought it for. Will finish the bottle. Btw... I took off 2 lippies cuz its a decent product but its really ehhhhh...

So I've only used this twice but this might be an HG!
___________________________________________________________
Me: Fair with yellow/olive undertones but tan very easily. I am a 14 yr old teen with blackheads, pimples, white heads, acne scarring, and some redness. My skin gets oily in the -zone and the skin around my nose and eyes tends to get dry and flake.
___________________________________________________________
Foundation: I found that this foundation was very liquidy and has a light - medium coverage. I found it had a much thinner consistancy than Revlon ColorStay but a similar coverage (maybe more natural looking though). Very natural looking if the right color is picked but can get a little cakey if not careful with the application. Feels really soft and natural on the skin. Long lasting... keeps the shine away for a good 6 hours if finishing powder is used. The finish is dewy - matte depending on application and other products used with it.
___________________________________________________________
Other: Wow... how expensive. I spent about $17 cdn on very little product. The reason why I bought this was because of the medication in it. I figured I need coverage... but foundation is sooooo bad for your acne and skin... so since its the only product out there that I know of... i tried it (in natural). I havent been using this long enough to know what it does for my acne... but will soon update.
As for color options... it jumps from extremely white and pasty to fair (me) and then with the tanner shades. So the selection wasn't too impressive.
Yes their packaging may really bother some people... but i like glass bottles the most of all containers because the foundation is easily accesible and if too much is poured out it can be put back. It's not super chic and classy but most of almays other products' packaging is much worse.
BY THE WAY... IT'S WATER-BASED BECAUSE THE FIRST INGREDIANT ON THE INGREDIANTS LIST IS WATER... SO IT SHOULDNT CLOG PORES... AND LET THE SKIN BREATHE.
___________________________________________________________
I recommend it to teens with acne problems.... yes a little on the pricey side... but think about ti acne medication and foundation in one!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2008 4:25:00 AM More reviews by teago

I really like this foundation. Ive only used it twice but its safe to say it hasnt broken me out, which is rare.
I bought the colour naked 160 i think, which is the palest available in australia. It was $30AU which, for the price you could probably find something better but because this has salicylic acid and doesnt look cakey on me, Im not complaining!
Packaging is...not ideal. I really dislike glass bottles. A pump would be better.
If your looking for a buildable foundation that doesnt break you out, this would be it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by faroreswind

This stuff is wonderful. This is going to sound crazy, but at one point I applied my Dior foundation on one side of my face, and this foundation on the other, and I asked my roomate which side looked better and she chose the side with the Almay makeup!
I really love this foundation when its applied with a damp sponge. I don't really have an acne problem, so I'm not sure if it helps or not when it comes to that.. But as far as coverage goes this stuff is great for everyday life. :) Doesn't look too overdone, just evens out skin tone (and I love it!)