April 20, 2014 | 1333 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2008 12:08:00 AM More reviews by tanyaw168

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday foundation. I am very happy with it. I've tried a few other kinds, just to mix it up, but nothing else seems to work as well with me.

One thing I can't stress enough, I just recently started using a foundation brush. Actually, I think it's a blush brush, I like the bigger size better (Ecotools, bamboo blush brush, $7 @ London Drugs in Canada). Anyway, it has made my foundation look so wonderful! You get better coverage with less product. I'm so glad I decided to try applying it that way. And the Ecotools brushes ROCK.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2008 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Moosemawen

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I purchased Clear Complexion to control oil / cut down on shine. It does help with that. Great color match for my skin. I purchased the Sand color. Beautiful. Wish it was a pump bottle though.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by j105

I got this product for my acne, hoping it would help and because it was 50% off. (Its regularly almost $13) I got it in buff and the color is perfect for me, it didnt give much coverage, but still looked nice. It did nothing for my acne and its hard to get the stuff out of the glass bottle. I doubt I'll get it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by beccasmilesss447

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i looooove this foundation
its the only thing ive ever tried that does NOT look pink or orange in the slightest way its a completly natural looking color for any complexion andd
-lasts all day
-easily blendable
-doesnt clog pores or cause breakouts
the only reason im giving it a 4 instead of 5 is because i still use a green conclealer under it just on my really RED breakouts but id deffinately recomend it :]

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2008 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Erie

I'm in love this makeup! I use the color Sand honestly this the best match i ever found for my skin! I think this makeup looks as close to natual as you can get. You can also build with this makeup for more coverage. I have been using the Klear Action acne system and this makeup during the day and my skin never looked better!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by lwscutie

i don't know why so many people love this foundation...
people here say it has a counter-brand result, I thought the price was cheap so I'd give it a try... it was terrible... I could totally tell I was using a cheap foundation after i put it on my face..
my skin turned very oily quickly and the color smudged off at areas that i have pimples... and the next day i even got a few new acnes .......

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by monkeymoogle

product overview   |
Almay "clear complexion makeup - clears blemishes" attempts to conceal and defeat uncomplicated acne. It's active acne-fighting ingredient is salicylic acid 0.6%. It claims to clear blemishes without over-drying, prevent breakouts, and provide a flawless, shine-free final effect. I'm using "120 ivory".

impressions   |
I've been using this foundation for a very long time - over a year and one redesign of the packaging has gone by. It does most of what it claims: helps control acne, doesn't irritate my skin, and makes my skin look flawless. It blends extremely well. It does not, however, prevent shine: after a few hours of wear, my skin is nearly reflective. Also after a few hours of wear it begins to feel heavy, enough that I feel like washing my face and starting the makeup anew. I give it a high rating because in terms of dealing with acne, I've come across no better product -- in fact, when I don't use it, I tend to breakout.

packaging & price   |
It comes in a sturdy glass container with a plastic lid that secures tightly, so there's no need to worry about carrying it around in your purse. If you keep it on your countertop, the square design will prevent it from easily toppling over. At roughly $15, it's a bit pricey for a drug store makeup, but of those available it's the most worth it.

removal   |
One reviewer here asked how to remove the makeup at the end of the day. It is a bit of a stickler (it luuuurrrves your skin) so I recommend the following removal procedure: First, splash warm water on your face. Create a lather in your hands with a bar of soap. Apply the lather to your face, gently and moving in circles. Allow the soap to do its things for a couple moments. Then rinse with warm water. Works like a dream every time!

overall   |
Recommended for those with acne-prone skin. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by hayley654

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

just bad. it looked so cakey.
noo thank you.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by nolalolly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i bought this product yesterday and wore it for about 5 hours.i liked it a lot it matched my skin tone pretty well and it didn't look shiny when i put it on. my skin is pretty oily and i constantly have to use oil blotting sheets but i had this foundation on for about 5 hours and didn't have to blot once. my only concern is i used clean and clear make up removing facial cleanser and it is specifically made to remove all types of make up but after i washed my face with it, it seemed like the foundation was still there i then washed my face again with cetaphil face wash then used a toner. when i was applying the toner on with a cotton ball they cotton ball was brown... SO MY QUESTION IS FOR ALL THE PEOPLE THAT USE THIS FOUNDATION WHAT FACE WASH DO YOU USE TO REMOVE THE FOUNDATION??? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANKS!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Mirtika

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The only reason I state I'd buy it again is that with my problem skin, Almay has tended to be the foundation that offers me the least irritation in terms of eczema flare-ups and dermatitis reactions. After years of trying various foundations--from Clinique to Estee Lauder to Lancome to L'Oreal to MAC to Maybelline to Revlon and so on--I got tired of having fire-red face from allergy or eczema on the cheeks or zits or just not enough coverage or too drying or too greasy.

I used to use SKIN STAYS CLEAN by Almay, which was perfect for me. It had good coverage for my many imperfections; it didn't give me terrible allergic reactions or unduly flare-up my eczema (as long as I washed it off promptly when I got home and didn't get lazy with cleanliness at night). It even smelled clean. And for Miami, it held up well in humidity. And with the combo of Honey and Soft Tan, it covered all my color needs (Honey when I stayed out of the sun was perfect; a mixture of Honey and Soft Tan when I had some some; Soft Tan when I had a bit more sun in summer.)

But they discontinued SSC (for which I still cuss mentally at ALMAY) and this is the one left for problem skin.

It works okay, hence 3 lippies. It gives coverage of the medium+ range. The colors don't seem to match as well as with SSC. The matte finish is more clearly chalky than in SSC (dunno why). After a few hours, my skin looks dry and if I leave it on for various hours, my nose and cheeks get a bit peely. So, it clearly has a drying effect. I always use moisturizer under.

I use it cause my options are limited. It's okay.

Almay, just bring back SSC, would ya?

Mir