Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

water, bifida ferment lysate, methylgluceth-20, PEG-75, butylene glycol, bis-PEG-18 methyl ether dimethyl silane, arabidopsis thaliana extract, tripeptide-32, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, lactobacillus ferment, cola acuminata extract, retinyl palmitate, pantethine, caffeine, glycereth-26, sodium RNA, squalane, oleth-3 phosphate, oleth-3, oleth-5, bisabolol, choleth-24, ceteth-24, hydrogenated lecithin, anthemis nobilis, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, xanthan gum, tea-carbomer, trisodium EDTA, BHT, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, benzyl alcohol, green 5, yellow 5, and red.
This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

on 8/9/2011 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I wanted this to work for my skin but it broke me out.

Quick background - last year my skin broke out quite badly (don't know why...facial products, diet or hormones) and I went to the dermatologist who prescribed antibiotics for me. WIthin 6 months my skin is crystal clear - but super-sensitive...I am only supposed to use oil-free products - and the only thing that works for me are Neutrogena oil-free products (even Olay oil-free products leave my skin congested).

I tried this - it left my skin feeling smoother, but not necessarily plumped or anything. However, after 5 nights of use, I started breaking out. 2 red painful spots showed up on the first day, and 2 more the next day. I immediately stopped using this, and a week later my skin is back to normal - and the spots have disappeared.

Bottom line - if you have acne-prone skin, definitely try out a sample before you buy!

on 8/6/2011 9:37:00 PM

I've been using ANR now for 3 and a half months and I absolutely love it. Its not an anti aging serum so you won't see huge differences because what its doing is repairing the day to day damage you put your skin through so your skin ages slower. My skin for me has gotten healthier looking glowier just over all it look and feels really healthy!

on 8/2/2011 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I've been using this regularly for about a year, and it does seem to make a difference...though likely part of the effect is simply luxury bias.....but it's enjoyable to use, has never caused any breakouts, and I do get a peculiar little rush every night when I take it out of the package and ritualistically apply a few drops.

on 7/31/2011 5:53:00 PM

I have used this product for the last 2 years and have parted ways with it. I have good skin, and wanted to prevent any future damage etc so thought this would be a good product to try. I was using in conjunction with EL Revelation moisturiser (which is now discontinued I believe). Initially I was happy with results.
Didn't like the texture when applied, but my skin appeared to be happy, smooth and clear. However, when I changed moisturiser (to another EL) I became more and more disheartened with ANR...it didn't seem to be doing anything for me...I used it alone for about a week, then with moisturiser on top and my skin became dull, dry and didn't feel soft. I have to conclude that this product does NOTHING for me. It was probably the moisturiser that was doing the trick! I have parted ways with EL skincare altogether and use a different brand now which has got my skin glowing, smooth and moisturised again.
Far better products, serums and oils out there in my opinion, especially for the price.
UPDATE
I am slinking slowly back to this product and will put my hands up to say I might have been a bit harsh with my review. I have been using Decleor products since parting ways with ANR, and my skin is good. But I notice no difference in the fine lines around my eyes. So decided to give ANR another go....I think it does make a difference, but the moisturiser you put on afterwards also plays its part. I am rotating PM now...ANR+clarins multiactive, ANR+EL hydrationist + Decleor neroli night balm. Best of all worlds I hope.

on 7/28/2011 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

It's only good when you're constantly using it. but as soon as you stop your skin will go back to its original state. definitely not worth the day.

on 7/25/2011 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

With much regret, this worked very well for about a month and then it caused a huge break out around my lips and chin area. This is a great product to get rid of past scars and sun damage but unfortunately, it made my skin super sensitive and very dry and irritated. :(

on 7/22/2011 4:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

EDIT: so i did repurchase. in the meantime, i tried the concentrate version too. the regular ANR doesn't clog my skin. the concentrate version does, but its healing powers surpass the regular version by a mile. wish there was some sort of middle ground for this

initially, i was over the moon about this serum.
it is terribly terribly beyond my budget. but it worked like magic for the first month.
calmed my acne, brightened and moisturized (very important for my dehydrated combined skin) .
after a while, however, it lost that remarkable effect.
it is still quite moisturizing but i doubt i'll repurchase.
no antiaging effects.

on 7/19/2011 10:27:00 PM

I waited for few months to write this review. first thing to say.. I LOVE IT!!! ive been using this for 3-4 months now and the texture of my skin slowly began to improved from time to time. i just repurchase the bigger bottle and cant leave without this. call me addicted, it's ok because i am addicted to this bottle of heaven. LOL
despite of the expensive price everything else is good. but then again, cmon guys your skin needs the best protection and treatment it can have. i dont mind paying for something that actually work well for me =)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Goal: Antioxidant treatment from a brand I like and trust
Result: Break Outs/Scarring and Skin Irritation

Summary:
I enjoy Estee Lauder's make up, love the packaging and the brands philosophy so it's unfortunate that I have to give it such a low rating, especially because of it's cult following.
I was seeking an antioxidant rich serum to apply routinely and on a whim decided to pick up the Advanced Night Repair Serum while getting some make up. Out of character for me since I tend to read the ingredients before I make the plunge. In short, the product broke me out horrendously. It took me two weeks to finally give up on it (with no visible improvement in my skin texture, brightness, quality etc) and another 3-4 weeks to recover from the acne scars and blemishes. I'm the type of person that I don't even have to touch a blemish and it will scar so it was quite the recovery period.

All in all after finally reviewing the ingredients I find that for the price and for what you get, I know you can find an antioxidant rich serum with better quality for less money. The 'antioxidants' in this serum aren't nearly as effective as ones you'll find for a better price. So even if this didn't cause me to horribly break out, I still wouldn't it rate it highly.

I love this stuff. I was an Estee Lauder Beauty Advisor when I was about 23, and I fell in love with it then! I have combination skin, and I can't use heavy moisturizers because they break me out. This, however, is perfect. It is lightweight and non-greasy, and when you apply it before your moisturizer (even a light, oil-free one), it will really help your skin retain moisture. This is NOT a product that will reverse damage already done to your skin. It is meant to prevent future damage. The only big change I notice instantly is a great improvement in the moisture level of my skin. It sort of "plumps" out fine lines and makes you look more glowy. I actually use it in the morning. Another great tip...if you mix a drop of this with a heavy foundation like DoubleWear, it really improves the consistency and gives you a more natural finish. I love the eye cream too.

Popular Treatments (Face)