November 24, 2014 | 1617 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by raniee0616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's only good when you're constantly using it. but as soon as you stop your skin will go back to its original state. definitely not worth the day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

With much regret, this worked very well for about a month and then it caused a huge break out around my lips and chin area. This is a great product to get rid of past scars and sun damage but unfortunately, it made my skin super sensitive and very dry and irritated. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by frostbites

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: so i did repurchase. in the meantime, i tried the concentrate version too. the regular ANR doesn't clog my skin. the concentrate version does, but its healing powers surpass the regular version by a mile. wish there was some sort of middle ground for this

initially, i was over the moon about this serum.
    it is terribly terribly beyond my budget. but it worked like magic for the first month.
    calmed my acne, brightened and moisturized (very important for my dehydrated combined skin) .
    after a while, however, it lost that remarkable effect.
    it is still quite moisturizing but i doubt i'll repurchase.
    no antiaging effects.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by greenyshell

I waited for few months to write this review. first thing to say.. I LOVE IT!!! ive been using this for 3-4 months now and the texture of my skin slowly began to improved from time to time. i just repurchase the bigger bottle and cant leave without this. call me addicted, it's ok because i am addicted to this bottle of heaven. LOL
    despite of the expensive price everything else is good. but then again, cmon guys your skin needs the best protection and treatment it can have. i dont mind paying for something that actually work well for me =)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by NicoleNightly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Goal: Antioxidant treatment from a brand I like and trust
    Result: Break Outs/Scarring and Skin Irritation

Summary:
    I enjoy Estee Lauder's make up, love the packaging and the brands philosophy so it's unfortunate that I have to give it such a low rating, especially because of it's cult following.
    I was seeking an antioxidant rich serum to apply routinely and on a whim decided to pick up the Advanced Night Repair Serum while getting some make up. Out of character for me since I tend to read the ingredients before I make the plunge. In short, the product broke me out horrendously. It took me two weeks to finally give up on it (with no visible improvement in my skin texture, brightness, quality etc) and another 3-4 weeks to recover from the acne scars and blemishes. I'm the type of person that I don't even have to touch a blemish and it will scar so it was quite the recovery period.

All in all after finally reviewing the ingredients I find that for the price and for what you get, I know you can find an antioxidant rich serum with better quality for less money. The 'antioxidants' in this serum aren't nearly as effective as ones you'll find for a better price. So even if this didn't cause me to horribly break out, I still wouldn't it rate it highly.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by AudreyGrace82

I love this stuff. I was an Estee Lauder Beauty Advisor when I was about 23, and I fell in love with it then! I have combination skin, and I can't use heavy moisturizers because they break me out. This, however, is perfect. It is lightweight and non-greasy, and when you apply it before your moisturizer (even a light, oil-free one), it will really help your skin retain moisture. This is NOT a product that will reverse damage already done to your skin. It is meant to prevent future damage. The only big change I notice instantly is a great improvement in the moisture level of my skin. It sort of "plumps" out fine lines and makes you look more glowy. I actually use it in the morning. Another great tip...if you mix a drop of this with a heavy foundation like DoubleWear, it really improves the consistency and gives you a more natural finish. I love the eye cream too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product. It does help hydrate without making skin oily however if you have combination skin you cannot use it in daytime even if EL specialists say so. At least not in spring or summer. It does make skin healthier and truly soft right after application. However I am not amazed by its other properties. Wrinkles not an issue yet but uneven skin tone yes. After using up an entire bottle I did not notice much improvement or help with healing acne scars. I really like it though, but I am not sure I miss it, you know what I mean? Somehow I feel like it should do more for younger skin too. I give it a 3 due to its price - unless you are truly dehydrated I don't think this will be worth the money, and its good but not enough results. I will repurchase in winter I think. In winter is a must for combination skin that gets oily and dry at the same time as it is not too much for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 8:23:00 AM More reviews by milenija

Quite amazing. After three months of using it, I can say that my face is visible fresher looking, some of the discoloration caused by the sun and past acne is gone and overall, my face looks more radiant, its color is more equal and it feels very nice when you touch it. Another very important thing is that it does not cause breakouts and although its very expensive, it seems to last quite a while. I've used 1/3 of the 50ml bottle, so I guess it will last for nine months at least. This stuff is really great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by BeachBunnieXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Me and this product go wayyy back. I used to be a counter manager at Estee Lauder back when I was 19. I have to say, ladies used to walk up to our counter, and I could tell right away who used this, and who didnt, and especially those who used this for years and years. Women who were 70+ were coming to our counters looking not a day over 50. It shaves YEARS off of your face. Decades even. The key is to use it BEFORE You screw your skin up.

When I first tried it, it kinda broke me out. I was told by everyone to keep using it, just stick with it. So I did. After all was said and done, it ended up saving my skin in the hot Arizona heat and sun. When I didn't use it, I could tell.

The best thing about this product is the Hyaluronic Acid. Best. Ingredient. Ever. It literally takes any moisture and traps it in your skin, leaving it soft and supple. The serum prevents 95% of future damage to your skin. It blocks free radicals from the sun, smoke, whatever else, from damaging your skin. This stuff is a miracle worker, but it DOESNT WORK OVERNIGHT! This is the kind of product you use for a long time, and then one day you wake up and you are like Why do I even bother wearing makeup? It evens out your skin tone, plumps up fine lines and wrinkles, and makes any product you put on your skin 10000x more effective. It leaves your skin with a beautiful, supple, glow that you just can't get from any old product.

The deal is, use it after you wash your face, and then WAIT for it to sink in. Your skin will feel a little tacky. It's not the best texture. Wait til it's almost dry and THEN apply your moisturizer. Also, you don't want to rub it in. You want to use the tips of your fingers and LIGHTLY TAP ALL AROUND YOUR FACE. The serum will figure out where it needs to be, and act accordingly. I know it sounds silly, but its true. I actually took a class on this. LOL.

It's expensive. :( Too expensive for me right now. (I'm pregnant and therefore not working, so in order for my husband to not freak out, I switched to Makeup Artist's Choice Gly-Luronic Serum which has the Hyaluronic acid as well as Glycolic Acid, and it's about 1/10 of the price, but doesn't have all of the same free-radical blocking benefits.) But I'd gladly buy this product again and again, and probably will once I have some money of my own to spend. I hope this helps! :)

71 out of 75 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by lucyjade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I've been using this product for a couple of weeks and have decided to review it. Estee Lauder recommends using 3-4 drops for your entire face, however I end up using about 7-8 - I don't have an abnormally large head by the way - but I struggle to see how 3-4 drops would cover anyones face properly. I also find the packaging a little annoying.. not a fan of the pippet however it is hygienic and the benefits easily outweigh this.
    I use this after benzoyl peroxide and before a night moisturiser, and I'm really really impressed.
    I love my ANR for its power to make my skin glow. Not as in an oily fry-an-egg-on-your-head glow, but it really does make my skin radiant. My pores appear significantly smaller, and when I apply make up in the morning it seems to go on a lot better than previously. Quite a few people have mentioned that they've had breakouts with it - I haven't experienced any breakouts from it personally, and I'm extremely acne-prone. I don't really have wrinkles yet so can't comment on whether it helps. I read a few reviews where people have said that they also use this as an eye serum, I tried this for the first time last night and haven't noticed any major difference however I will keep trying and update if anything changes.
    Yes, this product is pricey, however even using more than the recommended drops I can see that it's going to last me a good few months. The best bit about it is that my friends have actually asked me if I have changed my foundation routine as my skin looks a lot healthier! This is the only new addition to my skincare regime so I put it down to this! Yay!
    Overall, I really do like this product (one star taken off for price & packaging) and would recommend.