July 30, 2014 | 2024 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by BeachBunnieXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Me and this product go wayyy back. I used to be a counter manager at Estee Lauder back when I was 19. I have to say, ladies used to walk up to our counter, and I could tell right away who used this, and who didnt, and especially those who used this for years and years. Women who were 70+ were coming to our counters looking not a day over 50. It shaves YEARS off of your face. Decades even. The key is to use it BEFORE You screw your skin up.

When I first tried it, it kinda broke me out. I was told by everyone to keep using it, just stick with it. So I did. After all was said and done, it ended up saving my skin in the hot Arizona heat and sun. When I didn't use it, I could tell.

The best thing about this product is the Hyaluronic Acid. Best. Ingredient. Ever. It literally takes any moisture and traps it in your skin, leaving it soft and supple. The serum prevents 95% of future damage to your skin. It blocks free radicals from the sun, smoke, whatever else, from damaging your skin. This stuff is a miracle worker, but it DOESNT WORK OVERNIGHT! This is the kind of product you use for a long time, and then one day you wake up and you are like Why do I even bother wearing makeup? It evens out your skin tone, plumps up fine lines and wrinkles, and makes any product you put on your skin 10000x more effective. It leaves your skin with a beautiful, supple, glow that you just can't get from any old product.

The deal is, use it after you wash your face, and then WAIT for it to sink in. Your skin will feel a little tacky. It's not the best texture. Wait til it's almost dry and THEN apply your moisturizer. Also, you don't want to rub it in. You want to use the tips of your fingers and LIGHTLY TAP ALL AROUND YOUR FACE. The serum will figure out where it needs to be, and act accordingly. I know it sounds silly, but its true. I actually took a class on this. LOL.

It's expensive. :( Too expensive for me right now. (I'm pregnant and therefore not working, so in order for my husband to not freak out, I switched to Makeup Artist's Choice Gly-Luronic Serum which has the Hyaluronic acid as well as Glycolic Acid, and it's about 1/10 of the price, but doesn't have all of the same free-radical blocking benefits.) But I'd gladly buy this product again and again, and probably will once I have some money of my own to spend. I hope this helps! :)

70 out of 74 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by lucyjade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I've been using this product for a couple of weeks and have decided to review it. Estee Lauder recommends using 3-4 drops for your entire face, however I end up using about 7-8 - I don't have an abnormally large head by the way - but I struggle to see how 3-4 drops would cover anyones face properly. I also find the packaging a little annoying.. not a fan of the pippet however it is hygienic and the benefits easily outweigh this.
I use this after benzoyl peroxide and before a night moisturiser, and I'm really really impressed.
I love my ANR for its power to make my skin glow. Not as in an oily fry-an-egg-on-your-head glow, but it really does make my skin radiant. My pores appear significantly smaller, and when I apply make up in the morning it seems to go on a lot better than previously. Quite a few people have mentioned that they've had breakouts with it - I haven't experienced any breakouts from it personally, and I'm extremely acne-prone. I don't really have wrinkles yet so can't comment on whether it helps. I read a few reviews where people have said that they also use this as an eye serum, I tried this for the first time last night and haven't noticed any major difference however I will keep trying and update if anything changes.
Yes, this product is pricey, however even using more than the recommended drops I can see that it's going to last me a good few months. The best bit about it is that my friends have actually asked me if I have changed my foundation routine as my skin looks a lot healthier! This is the only new addition to my skincare regime so I put it down to this! Yay!
Overall, I really do like this product (one star taken off for price & packaging) and would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate to say it, but I think I like this. Due to its high price & my disappointment over many other expensive skin products (not to mention I'm happy enough w/my usual products anyway, but always interested in more), I purchased a 1/2 oz sample size of this serum @ low price to give it a try. I'd been looking @ magazine ads for this stuff since I was 14 & wondered what this stuff was all about & whether there was any truth to the "night repair" hype. Well now I'm 39, so I need some extra help.

Been using it daily every morning @ work (sorry I am not consistent w/skincare @ night) since I don't wear makeup anymore, & I notice my skin now is looking better after a week's use. This seems to smooth & tighten my skin, which I see & feel shortly after application. I love that the serum feels clean & silky (kind of watery, not thick), not sticky or oily, & it absorbs right into my skin & dries cleanly. It smells a little gross, but that's okay, the scent disappears quickly. I rub any remaining amount into my hands.

I find that my skin doesn't build up as thickly as usual (I have to exfoliate w/high glycolic lotion every week, but I tend to slack off on this cumbersome chore), so it seems this serum has gentle exfoliating properties. My face looks a bit brighter.

Amazingly, my skin pigmentation has improved nicely! It looks like the several dark spots on my face are fading (thankfully). I used to use Nadinola Extra Strength Fade Cream for a while (which also smelled bad) but it did nothing for my dark sun spots (though it did improve splotchy hyperpigmentation around my eyes).

If I continue to see a pleasing difference in my skin I'll happily fork over the full price for a regular dropper-bottle of this lovely stuff (my mini bottle has no dropper). The cost would be worth it. Recently my face got a touch sunburned despite sunscreen, so I hope this serum helps protect & repair my skin from the unexpected sun damage.

I'm really surprised by this! I hope it continues well.

UPDT 7/15/11 -
OK I am loving this stuff. Still using it in the morning only & my face appears to me a few years younger (the sallowness is gone). My skin is soft & appears fresh. A bottle of this lasts a great deal longer than expected! I bumped up my rating from 4 to 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by lwsege

My HG product in Anti-aging and serum! I love its texture and multi-tasking usage in skincare and makeup. I use this at night and it absorbs soooo fast while at the same time moisturized my face all over the night and till the next morning. I can actually spot the difference by using it or without. I can mix it with my liquid foundation too in order to make them become more moisturizing and stay all day long over my face. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2011 6:40:00 AM More reviews by AlcoholicArtist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well so far this has given me quite a lot of spots and blotchy skin so it's fair to say that I'm disappointed.

I never really get spots so I dread to think what this product does to those who are acne-prone.

Up until using this product I was happy with the condition if my skin but since using it I've watched the condition rapidly deteriorate I've even noticed indentions appearing on my skin!!
Things I do like about the product are the bottle and applicator, it's a very chic and sophisticated design, also this serum did seem to make the skin round my eyes tighter which was a positive but not worth sacrificing the rest of my face for...

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

Ok, the first time I ever tried this was as a sample sachet I found in a magazine, I used the sample and the next morning my skins redness had calmed down a lot and my face looked kind of glowy and even and the dry patches I had from a reaction to another product had gone over night, so I went straight out and purchased a bottle. Now I don't know if you can buy a bad batch/bottle possibly, but I never got the same results again as I experienced with the sample (and I store my skincare in the fridge so its not like it got heat affected or anything). I've almost finished the bottle now, I tried using it on its own for a while and it just left my skin feeling dehydrated and with no visible improvement to appearance, I tried using it under a basic moisturizer and it still did nothing, when my skin had another reaction like the one it had when I used the sachet originally when I woke up my skin was still red flaky/oily (I have oily acne prone skin thats also sensitive, I have to be careful when trying to treat my acne problem that I don't cause my skin to flare up going red and flaky). I don't want to spend so much money again just to test whether I'd brought a dud bottle or if this product just doesn't work for me, so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by mayrei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am really not sure why I like his serum so much, but at the same time, I feel like I *need* it. I've been using it almost nightly for a few weeks now. I don't exactly see any specific improvements, but I feel like my skin looks fresher and brighter and just... better somehow. Placebo effect? Maybe, but when I don't use it, I notice that my skin looks dull and blah. It seems like a lot of money for skin that looks "generally better", but I think I will have to keep using this. It's just pleasant to use, makes my skin really soft, smells nice, and doesn't irritate my skin or break me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2011 8:01:00 AM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't think this product is bad but I also don't think it's very effective. It hasn't made my skin look any younger, firmer or brighter. However I am on Tazorac so I'm not sure if that is mitigating some of the effects of the Night Repair.

On the plus side, it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all, goes on very smoothly and absorbs readily. For the price however, I'd want a product that does what it says and I don't think this is it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 7:19:00 AM More reviews by emilily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure exactly how to rate this. It seems to have calmed my pimple flare ups but I still get pimples. It quickly soaks into skin so you don't have to worry about it leaving visible residue. I don't know how to tell if its done anything specific for my skin, but generally it seems like a good product. I wear it under my Decleor Essential Balm and the two seem to work well together.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by msahota

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this product about a month ago, initially I didn't notice any improvment to my skin. I notice I was getting a lot of white heads on my forehead. In the last couple of days I've noticed my skin is starting to finally heal, the white heads are calming down and the acne is is kind of under control. I'm not sure if I would buy this product again, I find it's a little of priced for the results it gave me.