October 22, 2014 | 2003 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Frost & Glow Highlighting Kit

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2005 11:24:00 AM More reviews by fayeleah7

Anybody having problems with brassiness needs to go to a beauty supply store( Sally's ) and get a bottle of UNRED. this is the best stuff to use with any highlighting or color dye. It takes all the orangey color out and leaves a beautiful blonde! You can put this stuff in your conditioner to keep your blonde from turning brassy also!! DON'T BE SCARED>> IT DOES TURN THE COLOR BLACK WHILE PROCESSING!!1

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2005 5:24:00 PM More reviews by floofinator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I guess I'm the only one here who doesn't like this product that much. I read all the reviews on here and decided to give it a try since I wanted caramel brown highlights against my golden brown dyed asian hair but didn't want to pay $100+ at the salon. I thought the cap was relatively easy to use, although it took me a total of almost 2.5 hours to get my whole head done. I decided to go for the "striking" effect, pulling hair out of every single circled little hole. HORRIBLE DECISION...although there wasn't that much hair pulled through each hole, my highlights ended up looking like I just coloured the top layer of my hair a bright, orange-gold colour. When the bleach was processing, I got it to a nice caramel brown and washed it out...but after I dried my hair, they turned out orange!!! OMG not only that but it made my ends a yucky yellow gold colour, making them look dried and fried!! It was horrible...I ended up having to trim my ends (they were healthy before) and buying Garnier's Nutrisse (after reading all the positive reviews) to correct my colour and to repair some of the damage and NOW I have soft and healthy hair again in a rich brown colour. Sorry, but I definitely wouldn't try this product again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2005 6:55:00 PM More reviews by SunriseSunset

Extremely damaging and stripping. The results weren't worth the damage my hair went through. It's cheap for a reason. You think you're saving money...until you have to cought up big bucks for restoring conditioners. Never again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2005 5:39:00 PM More reviews by desertrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After reading these reviews, I decided to try it. This is definitely the best highlighting kit I've ever used. I've tried L'Oreal Coloure Experte with OK but not great results. I started by putting on a medium ash blonde base and using this highlight kit the following day. Wow! No brassiness or red tones with this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2004 11:07:00 PM More reviews by paris_paradise

I have gone through lots of hair transformation all colours you can think of. When i had my natural hair colour ( meduim/dark blonde) i started using this skit to lighten up my hair a little. It is fantastic, it made my hair really shiny and it blended in perfectly with my natural hair colour to give it a natural highlighted look all over. I would recommend this product to anyone who wanted subtle but beautiful higlights.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2004 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Digital_Dolls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this for years. I have light brown hair, naturally. I usually leave this in long enough to get very light blonde highlights. I always love the results. My hair is relatively short so the cap works great. I just love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2004 8:31:00 PM More reviews by QueenOfJax

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My first review, and all because I just read all the raves about this product... I've used this for years, most recently on my boyfriend. I had to laugh when reading all the positive reviews - lately I've been going to my stylist for highlights, and when I saw the reviews, it was a big DUH moment for me. Frost & Glow gets much better results than anything my stylist can do. Now that I've been reminded, I'm going back. If you have red under-tones in your hair, most products are going to turn you orange, or you have to leave on forever for a decent blonde. Same thing if your hair is hard to bleach out. Revel in the tacky packaging, and then do your hair. It will hit an "orange" stage, but don't rinse it then. Leave it on a bit longer, and you'll start to see lemon, and you've hit the jackpot. I agree, forget the spatula - I slop it on with my gloved hands. Definitely deep-condition afterwards. Now that I've read these posts, I look forward to learning to use foils with this stuff - $75 is the cheapest I can get out of my stylist, with results not as nice as these, and I'll have control. All for eleven bucks.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2004 6:55:00 PM More reviews by BootsieMaeStar

I have used this stuff twice on my hair. I have very dark brown hair with a lot of auburn in it. I thought this did a decent job of dyeing it, but overtime it faded to a yucky copper color that looked awful with my ivory skin and light blue eyes. I dyed the top layer of my hair with this, I didn't use the cap because my hair is wavy and waist long, so I just applied it directly to my scalp, it stung a little bit, but it worked okay. My roots were terrible though, and like I said it changed to a copper color, so I dyed my hair back to its original dark shade, and I never will dye my hair blonde again, it's not worth the time or damage when I didn't even like the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2004 5:01:00 PM More reviews by annie68164

I used to go to the salon and pay $60 for highlights but after quitting work to stay home with my son some luxuries had to go. This product is what I've been using ever since (going on 5 years) and the more you use it the easier it gets and the more you will know how much and how thick of hair to pull through the cap. Once you get it down your hair will look just like in the salon. I've had many compliments on my hair thanks to this awesome highlighting kit!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2004 10:32:00 PM More reviews by kellyson

Money is tight these days, and after reading all the fabulofus reviews on Frost & Glow, I decided to try it (my first time coloring hair myself). Yes, the packaging is horribly cheesy, but definitely worth the embarrassment. The cap is a little challenging - or so says my husband, who was my beautician. The highlights turned out a little bit more blonde that I typically like, but I think that's because my husband was a little slow in applying the color so the color sat for longer than I would have wanted. However, the highlights look great, and you certainly cannot tell that they weren't done professionally. This kit is positively worth the $7 I paid at Walmart. I will use this again.

EDITED to add that if you have dry hair to be very careful how long you leave this on, if you want to even do this at all. I noticed that after about a week or so, my hair is really, really dry and looks a little fried at the ends. I probably should have heavily conditioned it afterwards.