Revlon Frost & Glow Highlighting Kit

4.3

Frosting Powder: Potassium Persulfate , Sodium Metasilicate , Sodium Stearate , Sucrose , Sodium Persulfate , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Chloride , Sodium Silicate , Silica , Hydrated Silica , EDTA , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Ultramarines (CI 77007) , Cream Developer: Aqua (Water) , Hydrogen Peroxide , Cetearyl Alcohol , Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Cyclopentasiloxane , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Amodimethicone , C11-15 Pareth-7 , Laureth-9 , Trideceth-12 , Glycerin , Ceteareth-20 , Steareth-10 Allyl Ether , Acrylates Copolymer , Disodium Phosphate , Phosphoric Acid , EDTA , Methylparaben , After Highlighting Shampoo: Aqua (Water) , Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Lauramide MEA , Methoxypropylgluconamide , Hydrolyzed Silk , Panthenol , Tocopheryl Acetate , Retinyl Palmitate , PEG-12 Dimethicone , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Sodium C14-17 Alkyl SEC Sulfonate , Stearamine Oxide , Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose , PEG-23M , Propylene Glycol , Sodium Chloride , Citric Acid , Tetrasodium EDTA , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Parfum (Fragrance) , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Benzyl Benzoate , Citronellol , Hexyl Cinnamal , Limonene , Amyl Cinnamal , Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , Red 4 (CI 14700) , Red 33 (CI 17200) , Yellow 6 (CI 15985) , After Highlighting Conditioner: Aqua (Water) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Behentrimonium Chloride , Linoleamidopropyl Dimethylamine Dimer Dilinoleate , Stearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Panthenol , Panthenyl Ethyl Ether , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Amodimethicone , Diisostearoyl Trimethylolpropane Siloxy Silicate , Isostearyl Glycolate , Triisostearyl Citrate , Diisostearyl Malate , Isostearyl Lactate , Dimethicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate , Methoxypropylgluconamide , Ceteareth-20 , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Trideceth-12 , Cetrimonium Chloride , Parfum (Fragrance) , Isopropyl Alcohol , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Benzyl Benzoate , Citronellol , Amyl Cinnamal , Citric Acid , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone

on 2/26/2005 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product is awesome! I went out and purchased it after seeing all the great reviews here. I used it on my sister's hair and it turned out great. (She refuses to pay $$ to get highlights at a salon so this was a great alternative). She has medium brown hair and we left the color on for only 20 minutes becaue the color started to turn really yellow...it sorta freaked us out...otherwise we would have left it on for 30 minutes. The result was nice subtle highlights which was exactly what she wanted. I just wish the cap was much eaiser to use. It was sorta tricky. Next time I wanna try using it with foils, but don't know how. Has anybody tried with foils?

on 2/25/2005 10:45:00 AM

I have VERY dark brown hair and even in salons my highlights are too brassy! I use this kit for dark brown to black hair and it gives me the best blonde highlights! They are neither orange nor brassy! This also doesn't seem to dry out my hair as much as other highlights do!

This kit gave me yellow highlights, which was not what I was expecting.
The only good thing was that it didn't seem to be that drying to my hair.

on 2/11/2005 8:46:00 PM

First, using the cap is so much hassle. If my cousin wasn't here to help me, it would've kept me hours before I finish. It did give me decent highlights but I probably should've left it longer since it's almost like I didn't do anything to my hair when I'm not out in the sun. I thought that was weird since I left it on for 30 mins. though I have naturally black hair (dyed it brown). I wasn't really satisfied for spending $12.

on 2/2/2005 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

You know you have a great product when even your hairdresser can't tell the difference! If your hair comes out brassy or orangey, you didn't leave it on long enough. Done right, Frost & Glow will give nice light blonde streaks.

on 1/31/2005 12:38:00 PM

Ive tried all the kits out there including the ones at Sally's and this works the best for me. Use a Magicap which another reviewer suggested, the strands will come out more even and you wont get patches (its so easy to rip the cap that comes in the box)I do have to leave it on 60 minutes to get white strands which can be drying. So i use this for touch ups in between highlights, i get more gentle highlights (cheap) at an Aveda training school. However, when i was doing my hair all over with Frost and Glow, my stylist asked me what salon I went to for my highlights. With Frost and Glow and a Magicap, the results look very very professional!

on 1/29/2005 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Pretty good product. If you are not intending to leave on for the full lift, you might be disappointed with a little brassy honey or gold. Especially if dark brown, black hair. My roots were especially hard to take. My suggestion for those who were disappointed with brassiness; add coffee. Seriously. First learning about this red neutralizer treatment in a magazine. It is better than anything you can buy. Condition your hair a bit, then pour a cup of freshly brewed coffee, then a little more conditioner. Let it set for 3-5 minutes. It does wonders on eliminating red and poping blonde and light brown. Goood Luck.
Update: I don't use anymore. I go to Sally's and buy the Ion Color Brilliance line.

on 1/28/2005 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with the last reviewer i did the unred thing and it turned out white...oh well overall it was alright, i like loreal creme lights better though.

on 1/24/2005 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Anybody having problems with brassiness needs to go to a beauty supply store( Sally's ) and get a bottle of UNRED. this is the best stuff to use with any highlighting or color dye. It takes all the orangey color out and leaves a beautiful blonde! You can put this stuff in your conditioner to keep your blonde from turning brassy also!! DON'T BE SCARED>> IT DOES TURN THE COLOR BLACK WHILE PROCESSING!!1

on 1/20/2005 5:24:00 PM

I guess I'm the only one here who doesn't like this product that much. I read all the reviews on here and decided to give it a try since I wanted caramel brown highlights against my golden brown dyed asian hair but didn't want to pay $100+ at the salon. I thought the cap was relatively easy to use, although it took me a total of almost 2.5 hours to get my whole head done. I decided to go for the "striking" effect, pulling hair out of every single circled little hole. HORRIBLE DECISION...although there wasn't that much hair pulled through each hole, my highlights ended up looking like I just coloured the top layer of my hair a bright, orange-gold colour. When the bleach was processing, I got it to a nice caramel brown and washed it out...but after I dried my hair, they turned out orange!!! OMG not only that but it made my ends a yucky yellow gold colour, making them look dried and fried!! It was horrible...I ended up having to trim my ends (they were healthy before) and buying Garnier's Nutrisse (after reading all the positive reviews) to correct my colour and to repair some of the damage and NOW I have soft and healthy hair again in a rich brown colour. Sorry, but I definitely wouldn't try this product again.