April 20, 2014 | 964 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2005 9:29:00 AM More reviews by KarenMixa

I have to say that I have been using this cleanser now for about 6 years and that is amazing, considering that I rarely repurchase anything (there is too much out there to try-why would I buy the same thing twice??). I don't use this cleanser exclusively, of course, but I always keep a bottle of it around.
My skin type is normal to oily, acne prone, and I have rosacea. This is always my fall-back cleanser. It is a good cleanser that removes all of my makeup, leaves my face comfortable, and causes me no irritation. I use it primarily now after I do an at home peel, or if my skin is freaked out.
I have to say if you have dry skin--this cleanser is not for you. Also, a word to those on RAM...a little trick I have used for years..wash your face in the shower (AM) w/ this cleanser and after you rinse, use your fingers in a circular motion on your face (as if you are exfoliating) and all of those annoying peelies will ball up right under your fingers!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2005 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Trixie_belle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was reasonably pleased with the makeup removing qualities of this cleanser, but everytime I use it it makes my eyes sting like hell. For this reason I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2005 8:11:00 AM More reviews by rosenbud

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recieved this as a gift. I have oily, congested skin and never ever again will I use this. Now whilst it removed my make-up it also stripped all my skin of any moisture, I went from having oily skin to super dry skin that took me weeks to correct after using this cleanser for only 3 days and it broke me out!! Was even too drying for my back so I gave it to my sister who has normal skin and she was not amused when it dried her skin out. In the end the only place for this cleanser was the bin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2005 11:57:00 AM More reviews by minyuette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my absolute favorite catch-all basic face cleanser. It foams up nicely so you don't have to use a whole lot and the tube lasts me much longer than with any other brands I've tried. Rinses nicely and doesn't dry me out while cleaning away oils and dirt. I also like the fact that there's no scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2005 12:57:00 AM More reviews by picholine506

i normally use shiseido's gentle cleansing foam but i bought this at the duty free bc it was so cheap. almost half the cost of shiseido's cleanser which is about $26 or so. to my surprise, i liked this cleanser. it foams up really well and takes off every trace of makeup. if you have dry skin, this might be a little drying. i have combination oily skin so it's perfect. i haven't decided if i would repurchase or not...i love shiseido, but clinique's cleanser pretty much does the same thing for less...i think i might try alternating between the two.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2005 2:01:00 PM More reviews by redhairdreamer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nothing special about this. Did nothing for my skin. Too much money for something that is just like a drug store brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2005 11:57:00 PM More reviews by joysee

This cleanser dried out my skin and left it blotchy and red. Would not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2005 12:24:00 AM More reviews by meltywarhol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like how this really foams up and you only have to use a tiny bit, so my gwp tube lasted quite a while. However, unlike many other reviewers, I didn't feel "squeaky clean." I felt like I had a residue on my face and my skin was screaming for toner. Paired with Clinique's No. 2 clarifying lotion it was fine, but I prefer toner-optional skincare. I also have to use this forum to complain about the hard-sell the Clinique SA's use for the skincare products. Lord, they really expect me to wash my face with this, use a separate makeupr remover for my mascara, then a bar of soap, then use a harsh toner, then use a heavy moisturizer? Um, no. Washing my face once is enough, thank you. This is supposed to be good for removing makeup, which it does as well as most facial cleansers, but it doesn't take off mascara well enough to save my white towels, and that's what I need a makeup remover for.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2005 6:15:00 PM More reviews by CliniqueWonder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this makeup remover! This is the ONLY product I would use to take my makeup off. I have one tube in the shower and one by the sink. Definatley worth the 16.50!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2005 5:15:00 PM More reviews by puisza

Great cleanser, removes makeup effectively. Rinses clean, no filmy residue. You only need a pea size amount as it lathers up nicely, so 1 tube can last for a very long time. Just don't get the product in your eyes as they'll sting.