Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 1/18/2005 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the only Maybelline product I've ever actually liked. I'm actually quite fond of the way it looks when it dries--it's glossy, something you almost never see in eyeliner. It's far from waterproof, but it does stay pretty well. Probably the best aspect to this eyeliner is the way it "peels" off, making it super easy to take off at night. continued >>

The applicator to this liner makes it a cinch to make a fine line or go bolder if you choose, which is cool. It looks very nice and glamorous when done correctly.However, I'm not quite so sure of its staying power. When I rubbed my eye slightly, it sort of flaked off. Otherwise, it does stay put pretty well.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Awesome eyeliner! It has a black applicator in a huge gray tube.(old packaging was white tube with gold lettering) I use this everyday. It's a VERY black color and the staying power is unbelievable. I'm a college student and im on campus about 12 hrs a day and i never have to reapply! I like to buy the waterproof kind because it doesnt smear and it stays on longer. There is soooo much product for $5!!!!!!!it does not smudge at all...i went swimming with this stuff on before..the only thing i cant stand is that tiny lil brush so thats y i gave it a 4 as opposed to 5...i like the Almay I-Liner brush applicator waaaay better....but since this delivers great color, alot of product, and awesome lasting power....i will purchase again!(and i have about 4 times already!!) =)

on 8/29/2004 8:15:00 PM

I'm allergic to this eyeliner...

on 8/20/2004 12:16:00 AM

Despite all the detractors, I really like this. It is much easier to control than the Maybelline Eye Express liner that I used in brown. Yes, I do notice a little flaking, but the color, slate seems really nice. I will continue to use this and see how it works in the long run.

on 6/22/2004 11:51:00 AM

I grabbed this while traveling in the hottest humid weather so far this year and I actually love it! (I'm going gaga~ at all the "one lippie" negative reviews) Maybe it's because I have Asian eyes (with a small double lid) which requires the finest thinnest eyeliner possible in order not to smudge. It's easy to control the thickness of your lines with this...so I like to make a very thin line first making sure it's all dry before blinking....then, build the thickness some more for more drama. It defines my eyes and is truly water-proof and sweat-proof. I felt like I was sitting in a sauna all day long, but when I looked at my eyes at the end of the day, they were still perfect.

on 6/10/2004 1:50:00 AM

I was looking forward to trying this product because it's waterproof. I thought it would last all day, but I was wrong. It flakes off easily and it's hard to put on because of the flimsy brush. Kind of looses the whole purpose of being waterproof when it comes off on its own.

on 3/12/2004 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't know why they changed the formulation on this. Before it was excellent- didn't flake off and lasted all day. Now, it just flakes off and disappears after an hour!!! This is a terrible product. Also, this doesn't dry to a matte finish. I'd wish they changed back to the original formulation!

on 3/6/2004 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i thought the packaging on this was cute when i first bought it, but when i first tried to put liner on, it was very hard to get a precise line because of the flimsy brush it came with. the formula is watery and doesnt show up well. maybellne makes a better liner than this, i just cant remember the name

on 2/26/2004 2:24:00 PM

Good mascara!

Does not smudge at all, easy to remove with eyemakeup remover, but starts to FLAKE off after a while (a couple hours), thats the only bad thing about it.

Relatively cheap, and easy to apply (after u get used to not shaking your hand!)