Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 8/20/2004 12:16:00 AM

Despite all the detractors, I really like this. It is much easier to control than the Maybelline Eye Express liner that I used in brown. Yes, I do notice a little flaking, but the color, slate seems really nice. I will continue to use this and see how it works in the long run.

on 6/22/2004 11:51:00 AM

I grabbed this while traveling in the hottest humid weather so far this year and I actually love it! (I'm going gaga~ at all the "one lippie" negative reviews) Maybe it's because I have Asian eyes (with a small double lid) which requires the finest thinnest eyeliner possible in order not to smudge. It's easy to control the thickness of your lines with this...so I like to make a very thin line first making sure it's all dry before blinking....then, build the thickness some more for more drama. It defines my eyes and is truly water-proof and sweat-proof. I felt like I was sitting in a sauna all day long, but when I looked at my eyes at the end of the day, they were still perfect.

on 6/10/2004 1:50:00 AM

I was looking forward to trying this product because it's waterproof. I thought it would last all day, but I was wrong. It flakes off easily and it's hard to put on because of the flimsy brush. Kind of looses the whole purpose of being waterproof when it comes off on its own.

on 3/12/2004 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't know why they changed the formulation on this. Before it was excellent- didn't flake off and lasted all day. Now, it just flakes off and disappears after an hour!!! This is a terrible product. Also, this doesn't dry to a matte finish. I'd wish they changed back to the original formulation!

on 3/6/2004 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i thought the packaging on this was cute when i first bought it, but when i first tried to put liner on, it was very hard to get a precise line because of the flimsy brush it came with. the formula is watery and doesnt show up well. maybellne makes a better liner than this, i just cant remember the name

on 2/26/2004 2:24:00 PM

Good mascara!

Does not smudge at all, easy to remove with eyemakeup remover, but starts to FLAKE off after a while (a couple hours), thats the only bad thing about it.

Relatively cheap, and easy to apply (after u get used to not shaking your hand!)

on 1/4/2004 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This did not irritate my eyes like the Prestige product. The brush is better as well. It lasts and doesn't smudge. The only minus is that there is very little product in the package.

on 12/13/2003 4:54:00 PM

I wanted to try a liquid liner in the drugstore realm, so this was about the cheapest. It goes on smoothly, but I agree with another reviewer that the color is fakey. YUCK

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

When I first tried it I thought it was the best liquid liner ever... but that's why I never review anything just after I buy it. This liner has some good qualities: It's super easy to applyIt gives a nice solid dark lineIt stays on pretty wellRemoval is very easy (it peels off, and doesn't give you a black eye)
However, ONE THING keeps me from liking this liner, and that is the way it looks when it dries. It looks like plastic, wayyyy fake. If it'd only dry matte I'd definitely buy it again. Are you listening Maybelline? continued >>

on 10/11/2003 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This was my very first liquid liner, so I had a little trouble rating it. But what I do know is that I like it, it stays all day and the color (black is what I have) is intense. I noticed though that at the end of the day it just chips off.