Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

4.1

on 11/3/2003 2:32:00 PM

I bought this product after reading all the great reviews here. This is definately the best low-end powder/foundation that I have used in a very long time. When first applied, the coverage is fantastic and the finish is really lovely. Layer a little bit, and you have that fantastic velvety-finish. I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror after I had reapplied one evening and I was shocked at how great my normally blah skin looked. Unfortunately, it only lasts a couple of hours (something like...2). As a schooteacher, I need something to last a bit longer. For evening, I have used this over a light liquid foundation, but it still did not last long enough for me. This reminds me of a pressed powder that used to be made by Clarion around ten years ago. Whenever I used it, I always got great compliments on my skin. I'm going to play around with this a bit more. I really want it to work for me since I love the finish so much and the price can't be beat. Edit: I have changed this to 3 lippies because I just can't get it to last.

on 10/29/2003 10:41:00 PM

Thanks MUA:) I was completely out of foundation the other day, but didn't feel like stopping by the mall to get my usual EL Double Wear. I did a quick check on Productville and I'd never heard of Palladio, but noticed the good reviews. Lo and behold, I'm walking down the aisle at Longs Drugs and it's right in front of me. I have to say that I'm still going to have to pick up more of my HG (the Double Wear), but this is nice. I bought the lightest shade, Laurel Nude, and it works well with my skin. Some have mentioned it's best suited for olive tones, but I'm a PPP and it looks just fine in both natural and artificial light. It doesn't have the staying power I'd like, but it's not bad. I paid $12, which isn't much...but I probably wouldn't pay much more for this. It's very light and feels silky, but it just doesn't stay put well enough on my oily skin. I *do* think it's a great product overall and definitely worth checking out. It's not going to be a staple for me, but it wasn't a waste of money either.

on 10/26/2003 7:57:00 PM

Well, will wonders never cease???? I 9.99 makeup that looks like a million dollars? I use this over my foundation and it give me a soft matte apprearance! I have to keep looking in the mirror to see if it is really real! Amazing and for the price it is unbelieveable!
You can't go wrong!

on 10/25/2003 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Wow...I love this stuff! It's smooth and velvetly and doesn't feel like it has any oil in it whatsoever. It's almost like a powder. However, I don't think it gives enough coverage when I apply it alone and it feels kind of odd on my face, so I apply it over my Jane Stay Calm with a powder brush and my skin looks flawless. Also, I usually have trouble with foundation or powder caking up around my nose...ew. I just apply this instead and it looks wonderful!

[UPDATE] I repurchased this for the winter and I got comments saying my face doesn't match. So, though the formulation seems to be perfect, the color is off. :(

on 10/24/2003 11:41:00 AM

Wow, this is a great foundation! I usually wear Shiseido Sun Block Foundation, but I've been looking for a cheaper alternative, and this is it. The coverage is great, I rarely need to use concealer with this. It feels and looks very smooth. The color selection is lacking and packaging could be nicer, but for the 10$ price tag, this is a great find.

on 10/21/2003 8:57:00 AM

In the few weeks since I discovered MUA, I've been trying many new foundations, including Chanel, Armani, Becca, Face Stockholm, Illuminaire, Cle de Peau, La Prairie, EL,...the list goes on. Bought this on a whim after reading all the good reviews and I do believe I've found the ultimate foundation (for me, at least)! It gives just the right amount of coverage without looking "Makeupy". I didn't like the coverage on some of the foundations I was testing, so I'd apply a little of this on top of the offending foundation, and it would look fabulous. The color range does leave something to be desired, but luckily the lightest color works perfectly for me. I'll update in a few weeks as to whether or not I'm still lovin' it!!

on 10/18/2003 4:52:00 PM

Total agreement with everyone. Great foundation, great price. Long wearing covered my blemishes and imperfections without the chalky mask-like effect. I do wish there was a large selection of colors to choose from. My only word of warning - Do not drop this compact!! I do not know if it is the rice powder thing, but this baby shattered in a billon pieces on a low impact drop. Oh well, there is a Sally's up the street...

on 10/16/2003 4:49:00 PM

Just like everyone said it would be. Great coverage, beautiful finish, and the price cannot be beat.

on 10/14/2003 11:03:00 AM

Once again I'm glad I listened to you wonderful MUA-ers. This foundation is fantastic, it went on smoothly and it did not look chalky at all. It also left my skin with a flawless finish. For the price and the quality I give this 5 stars!!!

WOW!!! I have found my new HG foundation! The coverage is wonderful! It feels so light. Its just like I'm putting powder on my face. I like that it doesnt take a long time to apply. I love that it doesnt ware off and make me shiny. This is great even after you sweat, I know gross but I need it! I guess it works good even when I sweat because you can apply it wet. Wow, I am buying this from now on!!