July 22, 2014 | 2368 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2003 9:33:00 AM More reviews by kristenlouise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is a great, great product---I just wish more people knew about it. Its a powder foundation with tons of coverage---it has tons dry, so I can't even imagine it wet---while still looking really, really natural. I have some pretty brutal acne scars and I hardly feel like I need concealer when I use this. It is fairly good about keeping my skin matte---about as good as I've found and not as good as I'd like. :P

I don't use this every day, since I prefer cream or gel blush, but whenever I'm feeling lazy, I always reach for this because the coverage is so good that it makes it a really fast, great foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2003 1:35:00 PM More reviews by ejpear

Proof positive that you don't have to pay 50 bucks for a top-notch foundation. This is a wonderful product with a wide range of coverage effects possible, depending on how you apply it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2003 6:09:00 AM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HUGE RAVE!!! Skintype>>combo, sensitive, rosacea..I picked this up on a whim on one of my trips to Sally Beauty..This stuff blows MAC Studiofix out the door! This stuff covers and it's silky smooth..I was amazed at how much coverage I got with just a sponge when I usually have to use a flocked sponge and pat my Studiofix in. This stuff is effortless to blend! Only gripe is the colors..I am a PPP, MAC NC20 and got this in Laurel Nude which seems a bit too light for me. Shade selection is limited but if you can find a matching color; you'll be doing a happy dance.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2003 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Ciji63

I will have to jump off this bandwagon. This foundation was horrible on me! Not only are the color choices very limited (and made only for pink toned skin- not yellow) but it provides no coverage. Maybe if you have great skin, you will like it but I have uneven combination skin and this foundation not only didn't make my skin flawless looking, it accentuated my few lines and dry spots, didn't keep my nose un-shiny and worse of all, it faded by lunch time and I looked like I had no makeup on (not a good thing with me). I tried it both dry and wet with no luck. Glad it works for some....just didn't for me. Don't know how there could be such a difference...maybe I got a bad batch? LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2003 6:57:00 PM More reviews by rebcesarz

Thanks to all who reviewed this product. My only regret is that I didn't look here before I spent over three times as much on my Bobbi Brown stick foundation, which does what every other foundation did except this one!!! Yay!!! I'm 40 and my skin hasn't looked this good in 10 years. I have mild acne scars and general discoloration and my skin is so smooth looking it doesn't seem real. I can't believe these folks haven't done more marketing-this is the best foundation I have ever used!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2003 8:54:00 PM More reviews by partymartyw

This is wonderful for all those oily skinned gals! I was using Lancome Dual Finish, but that left me too oily. This gives great coverage, and controls the oil better than anything I've ever tried. I am so glad I read these reviews, because I never would have tried it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2003 11:15:00 PM More reviews by LadyChristine

I couln't find much information about this product online before I purchased it so I thought I would submit some product info. I *think* the only place you can buy it is at Sally's Beauty Supply. Even though they have this whole "rice powder" thing going and even advertise some of their products with a geisha on the cover, if you look carefully, the product is actually made in Florida. As far as the limited shade selection (five shades total) and price ($10) this product is in the league of drugstore makeup. Quality-wise, however, it is comparable to low-end department store (clinique, aveda) powder foundations.

I opened up the compact foundations to get a better idea of the color range. The lightest shade is 400 (nude) and it is a pale cream color with a hint of yellow. The next shade is 401 (ivory) and it is quite pink. The shade after that and probably most appropriate for LLL is 402 (cypress beige). This is the shade I bought and it is too dark (and orange)for me but I was afraid that the nude would leave me ashy and the ivory would be too pink for me. I probably won't be buying this product again due to the extremely limited color selection. For reference, I am an Armani #4/#5, Chantecaille Peach and Aveda Aster.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2003 2:34:00 PM More reviews by elat33179

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love you all for sharing your reviews on Palladio. This stuff is too good to be true. I feel like I have to stock up on the stuff because if they discontinue it, I would be lost.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2003 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Ninaleen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOOOOOOOVEd this foundation. I say lovED because like I've said before, my skin gets used to everything and begins to reject it. But this foundation I actually bought twice, and after a while I will buy it again. GREAT coverage, matte finish, keeps oily shine away, easy to apply, beautiful colours, it really is just wonderful. I imagine it might be a little too powdery for girls with dry skin and the coverage too dark for people with beautiful complexions. But for everyone else, you gotta try this! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2003 7:21:00 PM More reviews by quallschristina

OH MY GOD, THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like crying, this is a true miracle. THANK YOU sooo much for all of the reviews,,,i owe makeupalley my life! OK, i tried a maybeline foundation and broke out horribly all over my face, i mean BAD... I bought this and you cannot even tell...it has THE BEST COVERAGE out of ANY foundation EVER! IT is like silky velvet too. I bought Laurel nude which is too light for me but with some blush and a couple minutes later, it starts to look better. I think the next color would've been too dark. Anyway, i cant say ENOUGH about this foundation/powder...PLEASE GO GET IT...u have nothing to lose! This is also the first ever foundation/powder product to not make me break out. IM IN LOVE!!! im just so sad i didnt discover this like a decade ago! I realized all along it was foundation making me breakout, not all my products. THIS IS A HOLY GRAIL!!!!!!!!!!! I have very oily skin and this keeps me matte all day. This product is just GREAT all around for oily skins and probably dry too, but im not sure...