Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is great as a mask. It stung my skin which made me panic and think I was having an allergic reaction, but it was just working deep within my pores.

This gets 5 lippies alone because it helped me extract a huge, stubborn blackhead I've had for a while. After I washed off this mask, I took a chance and squeezed it; and holy mother, it came out! Ecstatic. Over the successful extraction of a blackhead, haha. It also cleared the rest of my crater-sized pores and calmed a couple zits.

This is becoming my HG heavy-duty mask. Haven't tried it as a cleanser yet.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I've been using it for more than 2 years now, and its the only cleanser I've found that actually does help my acne. Every now and then I get dry spots from the benzoyls peroxide, but it's easy enough to fix with extra moisturizer and staying away from the BP for a couple of days. I tried a different cleanser for a couple days one time, and the blackheads on my nose got visibly worse, it was pretty bad! So I went back to this stuff and it's great :) I don't use it much as a mask, I find it works much better as a cleanser. I hope they never discontinue it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Really good cleanser AND mask. I love using it as a cleanser because of the benzoyl peroxide in it. I find that salicylic acid doesn't really work as effective for me. It's not harsh as a cleanser or overdrying for me (I have combo/oily skin with acne) and I really feel like it deep cleans. The mask is also great, I feel like my pores are tighter after using it. It's a fast drying mask too which is nice since I don't have that much time for pampering. It's a great product for its price.

I normally don't like cleansers that don't foam but I really really really like this one because it gets results. To begin with, it cleans my skin well. Also, it keeps my skin clear! (I notice a difference in my skin if I don't use this cleanser.) Although I don't use the mask feature of this product often, I can tell you that it is a nice deep cleanser when I need it. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

I am a sucker for BP and that "tight, fresh" feeling that a serious mask will leave on my superoily face. As a cleanser, it doesn't do much for me. I use it as a mask nightly (I'm not kidding about the serious oil factor of my face). I don't know that it does too much in the way of acne prevention, but I'm pretty confident that it has kept some baby zits from developing into full-blown mountain ranges. Ew, but true. Packaging is simple and works.

I started using this product a month ago and what an improvement!! I have combination skin with large pores on my chin and I get frequent breakouts and black heads around my mouth and chin area.

Overall this product, when massaged thoroughly into my skin and rinsed off - left it feeling smoothed and cleansed without the 'tight' feeling you sometimes get. I use it as a mask 2-3 times a week and it has cleared my blackheads AND my blemishes. I stopped using it for a few days in favour of Burts Bee's Lemon and Poppy Seed Cleanser and my face broke out again! So back to this one : )

The packaging was a bit plain for me though (I'm usually sold on cute/ expensive or kitch looking products! - hence the Burts Bees purchase!)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this stuff. My face has been breaking out cyclically on my cheeks for some weeks. I got to the point where I was washing my make-up brushes everday and throwing away my powders and concealers fearing contamination.

I saw that this product had a higher BP percentage then the other drugstore acne systems and decided to try it. I have used it as a mask (and spot treatment) three times in the past week and all of the ance that I had is GONE. It dried everything up and even destroyed this blackhead that would not go away.

I had two pimples threatening to erupt on my right cheek. I attacked them with this product whilst still using make-up every day and it stopped them in their tracks. It's a bit drying on my non-oily areas of my skin and it makes my eyes water something fierce, but if it continues to kick my pimples butt, I will continue to suffer through that.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product is really effective as a mask. I use this when I'm breaking out and my blemishes always looks less noticeable the next day. Its also great at prevent acne. I've used it a few times as a cleanser but I feel like it's too strong and drying for everyday use.

I remember using this 5 or so years ago. But stopped using it since it bleached everything. But recently, i was in a desperate need to clear my acne and remember that it did work for me back then but i just didn't like that bleaching fact. So i decided to buy again, and it did nothing but make my blemishes more red and cause more pimples, i also noticed that it was way too drying for my combination skin ( oily t-zone, dry chin,normal cheeks). So i didn't hit the jackpot on this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was a a bit harsh for my sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin. I did try it in the summer when I am my most oily and didn't receive remarkable results positive or negative. It didn't seem to break me out, but it also didn't do much for the existing spots. One thing that weirded me out though is that it completely bleached one of my wash cloths.