Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 12/3/2007 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this stuff. My face has been breaking out cyclically on my cheeks for some weeks. I got to the point where I was washing my make-up brushes everday and throwing away my powders and concealers fearing contamination.

I saw that this product had a higher BP percentage then the other drugstore acne systems and decided to try it. I have used it as a mask (and spot treatment) three times in the past week and all of the ance that I had is GONE. It dried everything up and even destroyed this blackhead that would not go away.

I had two pimples threatening to erupt on my right cheek. I attacked them with this product whilst still using make-up every day and it stopped them in their tracks. It's a bit drying on my non-oily areas of my skin and it makes my eyes water something fierce, but if it continues to kick my pimples butt, I will continue to suffer through that.

on 12/2/2007 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product is really effective as a mask. I use this when I'm breaking out and my blemishes always looks less noticeable the next day. Its also great at prevent acne. I've used it a few times as a cleanser but I feel like it's too strong and drying for everyday use.

on 12/1/2007 1:39:00 PM

I remember using this 5 or so years ago. But stopped using it since it bleached everything. But recently, i was in a desperate need to clear my acne and remember that it did work for me back then but i just didn't like that bleaching fact. So i decided to buy again, and it did nothing but make my blemishes more red and cause more pimples, i also noticed that it was way too drying for my combination skin ( oily t-zone, dry chin,normal cheeks). So i didn't hit the jackpot on this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was a a bit harsh for my sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin. I did try it in the summer when I am my most oily and didn't receive remarkable results positive or negative. It didn't seem to break me out, but it also didn't do much for the existing spots. One thing that weirded me out though is that it completely bleached one of my wash cloths.

on 11/14/2007 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is probably not for somebody with sensitive or/and dry skin. this has a lot of menthol and would probably BURN those with dry skin, but those with relatively oily skin, this tingles. i have the oilies to the fullest and this feels wonderful on my skin and the menthol really wakes me up when i use this in the morning. i usualy dont like BP because pro active never did much to help my acne in the past. i bought this for the mask, and have since been using this sometimes as a wash (this really dosnt clean your makeup off tho, so i use it in the mornings to wake me up!) again, i am really actualy liking this and will continue to use for the time being

on 11/9/2007 2:05:00 PM

This product has really been working for me. I'm 18, with pale Irish, sensitive, and combination skin. Since I've been in college, my skin has been breaking out a lot more, probably because of my change in diet, not getting enough sleep, and the new stress :) I use this as a cleanser (not as a mask, my skin is too sensitive for it. My face gets really red afterwards, and I don't see a greater overall improvement than when I just use the cleanser). So far, I've used it daily, but I have noticed some peeling, so I'll start using it every other day.

Something else to add, when I first got this product, I thought it would be a good idea to follow up with a BP spot treatment. But, at least for me, that just leaves big red spots if I do that. So now, I just use the cleanser alone and it works very well.

on 11/9/2007 1:06:00 AM

After reading the reviews on here I decided to give this a try. I really enjoy this as a spot treatment the best so far. I place it on my "problems" and I noticed a dramatic difference in the redness and the swelling is next to none. I did try it as an all over mask for about five minutes and my face was red. (Hence the missing lippie.) I do enjoy it as a face was and I really like the cooling sensation afterwards. I use this when I am breaking out and it really helps. Good product.

on 10/29/2007 8:10:00 AM

From reading the reviews I have discovered that I am not the only one who suffered the "sunburn" effect from this.
Second time I used it as a mask I could feel my face stinging a little so I removed it early and discovered that my face was quite red. Fortunately it tone down after a few hours but it did leave me with bumpier skin. I do have sensitive skin though so this may work for others. But I won't be using it again.

on 10/28/2007 11:15:00 AM

Gave me 'sunburn' effect after the very first use!! Already felt something was wrong when rinsing off the stuff after leaving on face for 5min, coz my face really stang!! Luckily i have Avene thermal water spray at hand....helps to calm down my angry facial skin.

on 10/24/2007 8:24:00 PM

This is great ask a mask and a cleanser. I use it mostly for a cleanser and it works wonders. I feel is if my face is super clean when I use this product. I love the tingle effect and would definately repurchase this item again. It has a low dose of benzoyle peroxide which is great because 10% is not needed. Once in awhile I will use a different cleanser to switch it up a little but mostly this product. Love Love Love it. Oh and I have used this product ad a mask for probably 3-4 months and as a cleanser for about a month. :)