April 17, 2014 | 1431 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2007 12:35:00 AM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have had a long... looooong battle with cleansers. So, for me to rave about this one and say its an HG cleanser is HUGE!! But, I seriously love this cleanser and it is now a staple in my skin care routine. My skin is very picky and acne prone, it's oily in the summer and more normal/combo in winter. I find my skin does not like sallyic acid at all (I get worse irritation breakouts when I use SA) and so my acne will only respond to BP cleansers and products. I use Proactiv's wash in the morning, but I prefer to use this cleanser at night because it's creamy and more soothing after a long day. I use makeup removing wipes first, then wash with this. I only use it as a cleanser, it's a little too strong for me to use as a full on mask though. But, the smell is nice, the texture is great.... the only thing, like others have mentioned... is the bottle is a little frustrating and the caps on some bottles don't open and close easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2007 12:18:00 PM More reviews by caramelkandii

My dermatologist recommended this to me and said all of his clients love it, so I figured I'd give it a try. It's expensive for an over the counter ($7-8), but it does a good job of making my skin feel smooth. It ISN'T good at removing makeup or a lot of oil, so I wash my face first, then use it as a mask. It gives a nice firm feel, but doesn't close pores or get rid of blackheads. I alternate use or my skin would be too dry, plus it's expensive and wouldn't last long, but I will use again. The only downside is the clay hardens around the cap so it won't close, but that's minor.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2007 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Averil

Yuck! This made me break out on my chin within a few days of use. I got some of the nasty under-skin cyst type zits too. Difficult to rinse off, and if you don't get it all off and get some on the towel when you dry your face, the benzoyl peroxide bleaches the towel! I threw this product out after a couple of weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2007 6:12:00 PM More reviews by rj212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great way to deliver BP. It has clay in it, which is why it makes a good mask. Sucks up excess oil as a mask, good scrub for those "icky" days, and is a great spot treatment for areas that feel like they could erupt. HOWEVER, go easy on this stuff and try not to make it a daily habit. BP can cause your skin to be photosensitive and irritated if you use it too much (don't use on old red marks). I find that my skin is too sensitive to use this daily, as it can suck up toooo much moisture. FInd another cleanser to alternate this with, get a good moisturizer (jojoba oil!), and this product will do its job effectively.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2007 4:20:00 PM More reviews by jmalo

I will be repurchasing this product as long as it continues to control my acne.
This helps my face more than drinking copious amounts of water, any masks or scrubs, adequate amounts of sleep, etc. The only thing I really see making a bigger difference in my skin than this cleanser is eating tons of veggies, which get expensive. This is $3.99 at my local drugstore, and lasts about a month. I use it in the shower to wash my face for about 45 seconds in the evening, and use it occasionally, maybe once a week, as a mask. The only other things I use on my face are pore strips 2-3 times a month, my moisturizer in the morning, and a toner in the morning if there's still makeup around my eyes.

This product works GREAT, and I saw results after a few days, and continues to really control my breakouts after a few months. I have repurchased and will continue to repurchase. I don't use much on my face besides this. So, I think it's not bombarding my facial skin with products, and the benzoyl peroxide in this formula that have really made the difference for me. I still use Clean & Clear Persagel 10 to spot treat every now and then.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2007 7:40:00 PM More reviews by moka_prynce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm a dude, yes a dude, but I love to take care of my skin. My skin is very oily,but this cleanser quickly put it in check! This is the best cleanser I've used in a long time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2007 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Leal18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff!! I was only using AHA foaming cleanser and a friend of mine said she uses this and thought I should try it to clear the black heads on my nose and occassional acne. I did try it and I LOVE IT. I mix it with a little baking soda and wash my face twice a day with it, as I did with the AHA foaming face wash. The baking soda helps get all my make up off and helps exfoliate since this has no AHA or salicylic acid in it. It does have benzoyl peroxide in it which has definitely helped clear my black heads.
Highly recommend that you try it. : )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 10:18:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall: Product is good, Packaging is Bad
I have been using this off and on for last 5 years. I use this in summer time, it controls my oil, and fades spots from occasional acne because it contains benzoyl peroxide 2.5%. When I use this for about 6 weeks, I can go without makeup. (In winter time, I use noxzema because my skin tends to be dryer. ) Its very comparable to Proactiv, but 5 times cheaper. But proactiv has glycolic and lactic acid for exfoliation/cell turnover YET this this stuff doesnt help my pore size and it only prevents acne, so make sure to use a professional peel/or scrub on alternative days so you are still getting enough glycolic in ur skin for exfoliation. The only thing I hate about the packaging is the close top doesnt close, I recently noticed that for about 6 months neutragena hasnt been doing a good job in Quality Assurance. Other than that, I would highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2007 2:26:00 AM More reviews by sushruthedla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

awesome product for acne prone skin...helped me out with my sudden break out due to various factors..keeping my pores unclogged

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2007 5:55:00 PM More reviews by manarnoor

I love this product. It has helped to clear my acne better than the clinque 3 step system.