November 23, 2014 | 1258 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #219 Pencil Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2003 1:27:00 PM More reviews by maryam

i bought this for crease work and it works perfectly. yes the tip is very precise as the brush is shaped like a pencil but its full enough that you can make the sideways < at the corner of your eyes. the 219 brush applies crease color very precisely just where i need it and then i blend the color out so that there are no harsh lines. it was wround $24 CDN but hopefully the brush will last longer than any other cheapie kinds and so be well worth the price. though its no the typical crease brush that MAC artists reccommend, the 224 was too floppy which just led to annoyance on my part. the best thing to do is go to MAC and talk about your needs and then decide yourself what brush would suit you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2003 2:17:00 AM More reviews by pakirani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm so glad I didnt spend the $$$ on the cargo mini crease brush. Because this MAC brush works just as well!! It deposits eyeshadow so nicely and evenly into the crease and works GREAT as a smudger. High quality like all MAC brushes. The only thing that slightly bothers me is it's white bristles so you have to wash this brush often :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2003 3:20:00 AM More reviews by zhenya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The PERFECT crease brush. This is completely goof-proof, since I'm a spaz and tonight I successfully managed to deposit color in my crease without looking like I accidentally smeared something random on my face. So easy to use, and it has the perfect amount of firmness -- soft and gentle on your eyes, but firm enough to control exactly where you want to shade. Rave! p.s. I bought mine at Nordstrom for $19 and Gloss.com has it for $21, go fig.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2003 6:32:00 PM More reviews by HvnFunWthMU

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Great brush...does all that has been described below. I've also used it with BB gel eyeliners on bottom rim and to "push" the gel into my upper-eyelashes (gently lifting lid to get proper angle). Works and washes very well!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2003 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Shan_n

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

YES I would buy this product again, but I doubt I will ever have to...unless I loose it! I just wanted to add that I LOVE this brush!! It works BEAUTIFULLY in the crease and it's AWESOME at creating that V on the outer corner for that smokey look! It's not hard to use at all....in fact it was one of the easiest brushes I have ever used. I wouldn't be without it from this day on...highly recommended!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2003 10:54:00 PM More reviews by lipstickjunkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect brush to use for setting pencil eyeliner with powdered e/s. I don't know how I got along without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2003 7:43:00 AM More reviews by MasaLeex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is perfect for giving that smokey eye look. I use it in the outer corners of my eyes, and the bottom lid to create the look. It can sometime come out to be a little too harsh, but hopefully I'll be able to master the handling of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2003 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Kminer

Not the cheapest of brushed (mine was $22) but just what I needed. This is, like others have said, a white tipped brush, with fairly precise and countored bristles. Very soft and flexible to bend and apply, but solid. I agree with the 1st writer here, I have the #224 wiper brush for the outer crease, and had a LONG talk at the MAC counter re these 2 brushes recently. I have a tiny crease, small eyes, and the #224 deposits almost TOO much color at times, and though it can look nice for an outside lid BLEND, to get a precise crease line I never could. The #219 is smaller and easier to use right in the crease where I need - to show a nice line of color JUST where I need it. For the price, I think it helps to talk to the MAC counters and find out which are the best brushes for YOUR eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2003 4:41:00 PM More reviews by dpkelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This brush is heavenly. I like the way the brush handle is round (and not flat like a paint brush)where the handle meets the bristles. It makes it feel like you have the fluidity of a pencil. I have small creases and this brush gets right in there without depositing colour above or below the crease. I love this brush. Update (20 04 03): I use this brush everyday. Still love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2003 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Katya94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

#219, where have you been all my life?? Well, at least all the time that I've been wearing makeup? This is a fabulous brush. It's made of white goat hair, and the shape is small and rounded with a lightly pointed tip. It is very firm and perfect for smudging eye kohl and doing crease and corner work. Love it!