August 23, 2014 | 1904 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #219 Pencil Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2003 2:17:00 AM More reviews by pakirani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm so glad I didnt spend the $$$ on the cargo mini crease brush. Because this MAC brush works just as well!! It deposits eyeshadow so nicely and evenly into the crease and works GREAT as a smudger. High quality like all MAC brushes. The only thing that slightly bothers me is it's white bristles so you have to wash this brush often :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2003 3:20:00 AM More reviews by zhenya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The PERFECT crease brush. This is completely goof-proof, since I'm a spaz and tonight I successfully managed to deposit color in my crease without looking like I accidentally smeared something random on my face. So easy to use, and it has the perfect amount of firmness -- soft and gentle on your eyes, but firm enough to control exactly where you want to shade. Rave! p.s. I bought mine at Nordstrom for $19 and Gloss.com has it for $21, go fig.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2003 6:32:00 PM More reviews by HvnFunWthMU

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Great brush...does all that has been described below. I've also used it with BB gel eyeliners on bottom rim and to "push" the gel into my upper-eyelashes (gently lifting lid to get proper angle). Works and washes very well!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2003 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Shan_n

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

YES I would buy this product again, but I doubt I will ever have to...unless I loose it! I just wanted to add that I LOVE this brush!! It works BEAUTIFULLY in the crease and it's AWESOME at creating that V on the outer corner for that smokey look! It's not hard to use at all....in fact it was one of the easiest brushes I have ever used. I wouldn't be without it from this day on...highly recommended!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2003 10:54:00 PM More reviews by lipstickjunkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect brush to use for setting pencil eyeliner with powdered e/s. I don't know how I got along without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2003 7:43:00 AM More reviews by MasaLeex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is perfect for giving that smokey eye look. I use it in the outer corners of my eyes, and the bottom lid to create the look. It can sometime come out to be a little too harsh, but hopefully I'll be able to master the handling of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2003 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Kminer

Not the cheapest of brushed (mine was $22) but just what I needed. This is, like others have said, a white tipped brush, with fairly precise and countored bristles. Very soft and flexible to bend and apply, but solid. I agree with the 1st writer here, I have the #224 wiper brush for the outer crease, and had a LONG talk at the MAC counter re these 2 brushes recently. I have a tiny crease, small eyes, and the #224 deposits almost TOO much color at times, and though it can look nice for an outside lid BLEND, to get a precise crease line I never could. The #219 is smaller and easier to use right in the crease where I need - to show a nice line of color JUST where I need it. For the price, I think it helps to talk to the MAC counters and find out which are the best brushes for YOUR eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2003 4:41:00 PM More reviews by dpkelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This brush is heavenly. I like the way the brush handle is round (and not flat like a paint brush)where the handle meets the bristles. It makes it feel like you have the fluidity of a pencil. I have small creases and this brush gets right in there without depositing colour above or below the crease. I love this brush. Update (20 04 03): I use this brush everyday. Still love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2003 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Katya94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

#219, where have you been all my life?? Well, at least all the time that I've been wearing makeup? This is a fabulous brush. It's made of white goat hair, and the shape is small and rounded with a lightly pointed tip. It is very firm and perfect for smudging eye kohl and doing crease and corner work. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2003 3:31:00 PM More reviews by ISatinxSheetsI

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I agree with the previous reviews. This is the best brush. I use it for almost every eyeshadow application. It's great for creating a smokey effect, or even lining (thick) the eyes. It's so soft and worth every penny!