April 17, 2014 | 1633 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #219 Pencil Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2003 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Kminer

Not the cheapest of brushed (mine was $22) but just what I needed. This is, like others have said, a white tipped brush, with fairly precise and countored bristles. Very soft and flexible to bend and apply, but solid. I agree with the 1st writer here, I have the #224 wiper brush for the outer crease, and had a LONG talk at the MAC counter re these 2 brushes recently. I have a tiny crease, small eyes, and the #224 deposits almost TOO much color at times, and though it can look nice for an outside lid BLEND, to get a precise crease line I never could. The #219 is smaller and easier to use right in the crease where I need - to show a nice line of color JUST where I need it. For the price, I think it helps to talk to the MAC counters and find out which are the best brushes for YOUR eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2003 4:41:00 PM More reviews by dpkelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This brush is heavenly. I like the way the brush handle is round (and not flat like a paint brush)where the handle meets the bristles. It makes it feel like you have the fluidity of a pencil. I have small creases and this brush gets right in there without depositing colour above or below the crease. I love this brush. Update (20 04 03): I use this brush everyday. Still love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2003 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Katya94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

#219, where have you been all my life?? Well, at least all the time that I've been wearing makeup? This is a fabulous brush. It's made of white goat hair, and the shape is small and rounded with a lightly pointed tip. It is very firm and perfect for smudging eye kohl and doing crease and corner work. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2003 3:31:00 PM More reviews by ISatinxSheetsI

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I agree with the previous reviews. This is the best brush. I use it for almost every eyeshadow application. It's great for creating a smokey effect, or even lining (thick) the eyes. It's so soft and worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2003 2:12:00 PM More reviews by janabear

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic brush that everyone should have. It is amazing in that it can be used for a smudgy, smoky line or for crease or outer 1/3 shadowing. This price is great(around $24CAD) I am very impressed by it. Go out and get one as soon as you can!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2003 8:48:00 AM More reviews by askewchick

This is one of the best investments I've made in a brush. MAC's #224, which is hailed as their crease brush, is too floppy and loose to use for such a purpose. #219 is precise and has a rounded tip. Its perfect for depositing color into the tiniest of creases. It holds a lot of color and blends beautifully. Reminds me of Cargo's Mini Crease Brush. Good value for the money. A picture is available at www.maccosmetics.com. This is the best brush to date I've bought from MAC.