September 19, 2014 | 954 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush so much. It's my favorite MAC brush. It's very soft and so perfect for shading. It picks up a ton of color very easily. It's especially helpful with the cheap, chalky eyeshadows that are harder to pick up and requires a ton of layers. I've washed this many times and it's holding up. I've heard that other people use this in the crease area but it doesn't really work for me because I have such a small crease. I use this specifically for shading. I would not hesitate to rebuy despite the high price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2008 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great and outstanding brush!! Does what it is suppose to do!

Tanja

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Irishgurrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Outstanding brush!
I am a recent convert to MAC, but even with the price tag being higher - the result is well worth it.
This brush is perfect for packing on colour on your lid. It's firm but not scratchy at all.
Fantastic fantastic fantastic!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 8:32:00 AM More reviews by vanessa713

I have to say that the 239 is my ultimate HG eye brush. This brush is great for applying and blending both bold and subtle eyeshadow looks. The dense white goat hairs in this brush pick up plenty of product and apply it thickly and precisely (unlike fluffier brushes). I can get very bright, bold, dense applications with this brush.

Since discovering the 239, I have seen an improvement in my eye makeup work. Once my base is done (too faced shadow insurance), I like to quickly pack on the pigment or eyeshadow of my choice. The MAC 239 brush is perfect for that.

Here is what MAC says about this brush:
Soft and dense to shade or blend eye shadow or emollient-based products. This brush has a tapered, rounded edge with smooth, firm, fine fibers. It can be used to build intense colour on the eyelid. MAC professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature birch, linden and ramin wood handles, nickel-plated brass ferrules.

The brush comes in a clear plastic sheath- not a box or bubble pack. Although it does not say, I am reasonably sure that this particular brush is made from goat hair. The 239 is best used for loading up with powder and then gently packing the pigment/shadow in the lid OVER a nice gripping eyeshadow base.

A quick tip I want to share is to put clear nail polish over the 239 wording on the brush. This will ensure it doesn't fade so you know which brush you're using (although the 239 is very distinguishable!)

Great brush; slightly pricey, but worth it.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 1:49:00 PM More reviews by evie1121

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I was surprised to see this white bristled brush when it arrived, since I ordered the 263 angled brush to practice on fluidlines.

In the beginning i was just keeping it in the corner in case mac wants me to send it back. Then went to search on produce reviews and found out it had a high rating.

Call MAC cs and they said i can keep it.

I tried it on naked lunch. Usually my e/s shading brush is stila #5, i did a comparison of both brush applications and noticed that the 239 is a bit stiffer than stila #5 but i was able to see more of the NL on my lids . This might replace stila #5.

And i love the white bristled brushes from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: This is an HG product for me! It's the only "professional" make up brush I own, and I'd be a mess without it! I'm not a *huge* makeup wearer. Most of the product I wear is on my eyes, and this brush make any eyeshadow a dream to pick up and apply. I have two of these and wash them weekly. They are both still white and have not shed at all!
Price: Reasonable, between $15 and $20.
Packaging: Not applicable.
Would I buy again: Yes, if I needed to :-) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 2:03:00 PM More reviews by nicoleh619

I love it and I'd but it again but I am going to purchase some craft brushes from Loew Cornell and see how they compare since Ive heard so much about them. My 239 is a lovely staple in my Mac train case though. I definitely would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 1:07:00 PM More reviews by DaniellePaul

I bought this brush because even though I really like my MAC 213 brush, it was difficult to get more saturated color with that brush because it is so soft and flexible. My 239 brush is a bit stiffer (but still soft) and seems to pick and deposit color better. I wouldn't want to be without either brush! : )

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2008 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Melodiee

I adore this brush! It's the perfect size, shape, and stiffness for applying eyeshadow to my eye. I can use the tip for the crease or for the outer lower lashline. The size is just small enough to apply eyeshadow where I want it, and it picks up and deposits color great. Can't say enough about this brush; it's definitely a must have. The 217 is too large and fluffy and soft for me and doesn't do much more than blending. It also loses its shape pretty easily. If you get one MAC brush, it ought to be the 239 because it is a multi-tasker.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2008 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Espiion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush would be one of the very few eye brushes I use on a daily basis! This brush would have been the first MAC brush I purchased but stupid enough it wasn't.. lol.. As most of the reviewers have already said that this brush does an awesome wicked job for packing on colour all over the lid area.. Sometimes I use this brush to apply colour on the outer crease if I'm doing a dramatic/smokey look.. but other than that I use it for applying eyeshadow all over the lid.

If you don't have this brush then I HIGHLY recommend you into getting one!