MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

on 10/4/2008 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am OBSESSED with this brush! I've been using MAC shadows for almost 4 years but just bought the brush about a year ago and what a difference it made in my makeup! When I was using the cheap brushes my colors always seemed to mush into one and not really "pop" - but when I use this brush, my colors are distinct and POP! Definite A+++++!

on 9/14/2008 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this in the Heirlooms brush set and I didn't use it for months because I have brushes that are similar to it so I thought I'll just keep using the ones I got (Napoleon Perdis) anyway I decided to pull this brush out and just give it a go. WOW! The color payoff I get with this brush compared to previous makes the other brushes SH*T. It's quite soft while still being flexible. It takes me half the time to apply my eyshadows.
The brush hair fibers are quite dense which makes applying eyeshadow sooo nice.

A must have brush. A+.

on 9/7/2008 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I thought this brush was ok. I've never spent more than $10 for a makeup brush until I tried this one, along with MAC 168 for blush based on the super high reviews on MUA. Yes, it's a good brush, but if I'm paying 3x as much for a brush, I expected something more. It's a good general purpose eye shadow brush. I use it for the entire lid. I don't see a beneift for spending the extra $$. There are good quality brushes for much less.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I dont know what it is about white haired brushes from mac, but their all awesome! This one is particularly awesome for a few reason: gives frost color payoff the credit it should (!), could multitask so you can use it was a highlight or sharp crease color.

on 8/28/2008 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

my second favourite brush from mac. great basic essential brush for applying and packing on lid colour. brilliant!

on 8/26/2008 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

This is an essential eye shadow brush, perfect for applying/packing color on the lid. Also works for blending in the crease, although there are more appropriate brushes for that job. If I could only have one MAC eyeshadow brush, it would be this one.

on 8/24/2008 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love this brush so much. It's my favorite MAC brush. It's very soft and so perfect for shading. It picks up a ton of color very easily. It's especially helpful with the cheap, chalky eyeshadows that are harder to pick up and requires a ton of layers. I've washed this many times and it's holding up. I've heard that other people use this in the crease area but it doesn't really work for me because I have such a small crease. I use this specifically for shading. I would not hesitate to rebuy despite the high price.

on 8/24/2008 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great and outstanding brush!! Does what it is suppose to do!

Tanja

on 8/19/2008 2:41:00 PM

Outstanding brush!
I am a recent convert to MAC, but even with the price tag being higher - the result is well worth it.
This brush is perfect for packing on colour on your lid. It's firm but not scratchy at all.
Fantastic fantastic fantastic!!!

on 7/10/2008 8:32:00 AM

I have to say that the 239 is my ultimate HG eye brush. This brush is great for applying and blending both bold and subtle eyeshadow looks. The dense white goat hairs in this brush pick up plenty of product and apply it thickly and precisely (unlike fluffier brushes). I can get very bright, bold, dense applications with this brush.

Since discovering the 239, I have seen an improvement in my eye makeup work. Once my base is done (too faced shadow insurance), I like to quickly pack on the pigment or eyeshadow of my choice. The MAC 239 brush is perfect for that.

Here is what MAC says about this brush:
Soft and dense to shade or blend eye shadow or emollient-based products. This brush has a tapered, rounded edge with smooth, firm, fine fibers. It can be used to build intense colour on the eyelid. MAC professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature birch, linden and ramin wood handles, nickel-plated brass ferrules.

The brush comes in a clear plastic sheath- not a box or bubble pack. Although it does not say, I am reasonably sure that this particular brush is made from goat hair. The 239 is best used for loading up with powder and then gently packing the pigment/shadow in the lid OVER a nice gripping eyeshadow base.

A quick tip I want to share is to put clear nail polish over the 239 wording on the brush. This will ensure it doesn't fade so you know which brush you're using (although the 239 is very distinguishable!)

Great brush; slightly pricey, but worth it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials