Avene Thermal Water

4.2

Bicarbonate 226.7 mg/l, Silica 10.6 mg/l, Calcium 42.7 mg/l, Magnesium 21.2 mg/l, Selenium <5 microgr/l, Zinc 20 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 207 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.5

on 9/9/2008 3:22:00 PM

I love Avene thermal water! It calms and soothes any irritation on skin, which I need while having such sensitive skin. I have been using this product for some years. Some people use it as a toner, saying that this is not a good product. I have to say they use it wrong. This is not a toner. So, don't expect it exfoliate, deep clean, and moisturize as a toner. It is, as it claims, a soothing and anti-irritating spray. And it does its job so well! The only little complaint I have is that sometimes you may get a bad spray head.

on 9/8/2008 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this product for over a yr now and although I still think it's just water, I really enjoy using it. It's great for setting my mineral makeup or just as a toner after cleansing. Even after moisturizing to get that cool refreshing feeling. I bought the big can for $32 which I think is a little expensive for water but oh well. I actually swtich between avene and the shuuemura mist, and the only difference is that the shu uemura one has oils and frangrance :D

on 9/4/2008 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I used to love this so much and thought that I have found my HG. However, I started to develop dryness and some irritation, so I had to stop, and it feels so much better now.

on 9/2/2008 5:12:00 PM

The thermal water has a cooling effect due to the aerosol spray. Skin feels refreshed and it calms down irritated skin a bit but I'm not sure if it's mainly a mind thing. Since it's totally chemical free and safe for the body, I'd like to have a can of this around but cannot justify the regular price at $20 plus tax for 300ml. I spray on full face and neck twice a day and the biggest bottle only lasts a little over a month. I will stock when it's on sale.

I liked this at first, it was so refreshing but it started drying my face and I got some irritation also ...after a few weeks of use

on 8/4/2008 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

No irritation to my skin at all. I use this after cleansing and then tissue off before moisturizing. The spray is finer than evian but to be honest, not really sure there is much difference between the two.

on 7/29/2008 11:19:00 AM

I tried this out of desperation when my skin was very irritated. It was recommended to spray with this first before using the skin recovery cream . The two products really calmed down my lumpy ,itchy skin . I think this works if ,like me, you live in a hard water area where the stuff that comes out of the taps can be a bit aggravating. I suppose this must be soft water in a can. I've only tried this in hot weather and its very refreshing.
It cost £3 for a small can but I have since bought the large can which was £7.

on 7/8/2008 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I didn't believe the soothing properties at first (it's just water, isn't it?), but after a particularly sensitive, irritable face incident, I sprayed some on. The discomfort quickly vanished. My skin was re-balanced, normalized! I am sold :)

on 6/30/2008 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't know if this really actually does anything, but it feels nice. Psychologically I get fulfillment from this product and it's not too expensive. It's French and it's refreshing. It does not have any smell. I use this often in my car since I don't have a/c and to refresh throughout the day. It's just a little pick-me-up. I don't know if this is any different than the Evian mist I have. I have both. I also just ordered the thermal water from La Roche Posay. The small cans are great for your purse. The large cans I keep at home and use before and after makeup application. To cool off and rehydrate. Before bed...right after putting on my night moisturizer or sometimes instead of moisturizer. Like I said, I have no idea if this water does a thing, but it seems to calm and refresh and cool. I like it! :)

on 6/29/2008 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I bought Avene Thermal Water as I had an allergic reaction on my cheeks and I needed something to calm the itching. I have been using the water for about 10 days , but there's no particular effect from it.

I found it really good for refreshing in very hot weather ( and summer here has some very high temperatures) and nice to set my make-up on my face.

Dont think they do anything for calming your skin , I'll update after sometime in case this changes. I will buy it again, though an expensive product for my budget.

Popular Face Skincare Products