April 19, 2014 | 1048 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 12:44:00 AM More reviews by buechmn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this thermal water way more then vichy and evian as I actually find it calms my skin.. The whole avene line is amazingly sensitive, and my skin just drinks it up!
I like using this to set my makeup, and to freshen up during the day... It's a wonderful product and would recommend this one out of the three.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2007 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

At first I didn't know what to do with this, and I asked an MA and she told me all the uses for it, one being to spray on infected piercings. Let me tell you, this works wonders in calming skin infections. If you have body piercings, they tend to get infected from time to time, and this soothes the skin and helps to clear out any infection.
I also use this a lot after exfoliating, because my sensitive skin gets very blotchy, red and irritated. Apply before moisturizer, so that you get the calming effect and extra moisture. Will repurchase indefinitely.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2007 1:40:00 PM More reviews by meh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive skin, and the best thing I can say about Avene Thermal Water is that it doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts. I love the spray bottle, the nice thick spray is so refreshing. It sets my mineral makeup perfectly, and it's something I can count on to calm my breakouts and not aggravate my sensitive skin. Mostly I use it to set my foundation, occasionally I'll use it as a pick me up in the afternoon as I work in a humid environment all day. I don't really use it as a toner, my True Clarifying Tonic would be upset if I cheated on it. All in all, a very nice product... a luxury, but not a necessity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this every day for some years now and cannot do without it. I use on my face after every wash to calm the skin. I also use as a freshner in the summer. This is one product that every woman should have in her cabinet....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 12:37:00 AM More reviews by YuzuBunny

i love this product and i've been using it every day for a while. I have tried many thermal waters on the market, and this is one of my faves. To be fair, my skin finds not much difference between this and the Vichy thermal water. Its YMMV, though with these products because I have had an awful experience with La Roche Posay.

Anyway, I think its an excellent product because it does soothe my skin and makes it feel fresh. It seems that they put a lot of care into this product, and it has a long history of skin care use. The packaging is nice as well, and it comes in a small, medium, and big size, i believe. So its easy to get a small one for travel/beach/etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2007 2:30:00 PM More reviews by luckyrh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After cleansing I spray my face with Avene's thermal water and then blot off with Shiseido's facial cotton.

I know it sounds silly to spray your face with water, but I find it to be very refreshing and it doesn't make my skin breakout or dry out.

I've also tried LRP's thermal water, which was OK, but I think Avene's spray gives a slightly finer mist.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Thermal Spring Waters like Avene's and LRP's are great to use as a toner, for travelling, to freshen up during the day etc. They calm down the skin, esp. sensitive skins because they contain a variety of minerals and trace elements. Thermal Spring Waters vary in amount of minerals and in the different kinds of minerals and trace elements. It's up to your particular skin to decide which brand you like best; my skin seems to prefer LRP Thermal Water Spray. Avene Thermal Water has a low mineral content (207 mg/l), is rich in Silica (14 mg/l), which leaves a soothing barrier over the skin, and has a pH of 7.5 which is close to neutral. It contains trace minerals like Iron, Manganese, Zinc, and Copper. Gentle, effective and affordable!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2007 6:31:00 PM More reviews by hairlesswonder

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to buy this for $14 a pop. Now I realize I can get the same skin response with distilled water. Infact I end up getting some rosacea pastules after using this and my skin feels dry and tight. Like the bottle and the spritz but it doesn't work for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2007 7:08:00 AM More reviews by charlotte005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Avène Thermal Water Spray doesn't seem to do anything for my skin. I woke up with dry-ish/tight skin today and decided to use the spray and evaluate the effect...well, the results were disappointing, either it didn't improve the condition of my skin at all, or it worsened it slightly...I got it for free with another Avéne product, so I can't comment on the price. The packaging ...well, I had a special sample size that's quite a bit smaller than the regular ones, so I'll refrain from rating that as well and just give it a 3. Overall, I give the product a 2 because it is definitely cooling and thus may help to soothe red areas.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2007 5:37:00 PM More reviews by LadyBug_here

Skintype: DSPW
I've tried the Avene spray about 2 times and it's not doing anything for me. LRP thermal water is more hydrating and calming for my skin. I will not be buying this again and I will be giving this away for swap to someone who use it regularly.