August 1, 2014 | 1224 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2008 10:10:00 PM More reviews by banana_008

I don't care if this is just water can it feels so good! It's a nice treat in the summer whether it be after cleansing, or to refresh the face during the day. Also works really well over makeup.. smoothes out any cakeyness and leaves a natural dewy finish. The only other water type products I've tried are the Lush rosewater and the clinique moisture surge spray, which are also nice, but the spray bottle deposits too much to use over makeup. I got the avene water for free when I bought a moisturizer, so hopefully they will bring that set back this summer because I'm not sure if I'd pay full price for this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by FastKitty99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried Avene Thermal Water since the local Walmart has been out of Aquafina hydrating facial spray, my usual spray, for over a month now. Compared to Aquafina, the Avene mist covered my face better and was cool, refreshing, and soothing. It's great to use over mineral makeup and leaves my skin nice and dewy. It's a bit pricier than Aquafina, but overall, it's worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Anitag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree with the reviewer below. This stuff although highly rec. by nearly every magazine and SA, just drys out my skin. I think that shu uemera Depsea water or Evian is better than this. Saying that someone I know from France (who recommended Avene) said that they never buy the Avene products from here in the UK, because they said that they were not the same thing! Well I'm not sure about that but apart from the skin revcovery cream which was a God send when I had mild rosacea, I don't like anything else in the range.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I went into an Avene mood and bought several of their products and this because seems very popular and also I have been using my Toner for over 20 years and I was tired of it.

I love the package, the way it delivers the product into the skin or suck into cotton pads and I love the design of White and Pink, looks very hygenic and Clean next to other brands that look tacky like Roc, l'Oreal or Boots (no offence)

But the product as such left my skin sooooo Dry and soooooo tight it was unbearable and very unconfortable . I love skin products that are nice to my skin and this it wasn't.

This can be used as the last step to clean the face or to Prepare for the product you are going to use afterwards or for refreshing the face... but it's not an *essential* in a Skin regime Routine I like to have a Toner in my cabinet that I can use ocasionally but not this one.

I am in the 20% that don't like it :( ....C'est La Vie

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by parablearc

I bought smaller (150 mL) and bigger (300 mL) versions of this water in a can. I know... some would argue why buy expensive water just to evaporate! But this is nothing like any regular water! It's spring water with minerals! All good for your skin anyhow.
I love to put this on whenever I feel my skin is very very dry. Like when you don't put on a moisturizer right away after washing, due to the tap water... I spray this on as a toner/lotion. I love the feeling I get! It's very soft and feels refreshed.
I would recommend buying a bigger can because it's a better value. But smaller can may be better for some who doesn't need to spray everyday, like in winter. I would buy this water over and over again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Lalie

This water smelled so awful, like nitrogen or some other chemical--I'm not sure if it's because my spray is two years old--that could be it. It worked okay, but I am not sure if it's supposed to smell this way. Anyway, I might try it again and then update at a later time.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2008 9:28:00 AM More reviews by honey123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Due to ingredient allergies I have had to become more savvy about what goes on and in my skin.

I alternate this with Evian or Vichy water spray depending on deals or what I can get at the time.

I use this after cleansing and its SO refreshing and even better on hot/rosacea days or when my skin is acting up.

I like to use this when travelling as air/con etc dires out your facial skin so much.

I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love thsi water.I use it to wash my face in the morning ( i don't add any other water to my face) just this and toner after.Well my skin be come much more moisture and soft.I don't know what is the miracle about this product but i really can tell that is making definitely good job for my skin.I use Retinol at night and this water help a lot so my skin don't get dry.The other thing that i love is...i spray ones after i apply foundation or powder and this really make the make up stay longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by skincareman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Refreshing, soothing and even seems to tighten my pores! A must have for me.

After washing my face I pat it dry then spritz with this water. I then pat it into my skin for a few seconds with my hands and then either let it dry (if I'm putting something on afterwards that needs to go onto dry skin) or apply my moisturiser while my face is still damp.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by barbiesweetdoll

well,i seriously think that this is overrated. it is good for refreshing but thats all.i would prefer la roche posay thermal water than this.