April 20, 2014 | 1015 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by mon2288

I am neither hear nor there about this foundation. While I do love the coverage you get (I am a HUGE fan of high/full coverage foundations)...I am not such a fan of the colours and how orange it turns. My first experience was not great. It went on so well and I was very happy - but by the time I had walked back to put on my eye shadow - I was orange :S. Please remember to let it sit on your face for a minute of two before leaving the house so you can see the true colour. I found with a bit of powder over the top (a bit lighter shade) it works for me. It does have GREAT staying power. I am quite oily and prone to break outs. So it was great that my face did not melt off during the day....and it did not cause any breakouts (which I love!). I would purchase again but may go down a shade to compensate for the orange effect. Overall a OK drugstore foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Kylaah27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This make-up stays on all day with a quick powder re-apply, It has my shade, it covers my really bad hyper pigmentation, covers all my acne and acne scars, and it very easy to apply since it has a pump. The is my 'the one' foundation. Just watch out because if you apply too much it looks like you're wearing a lot of make-up because of the coverage. :) Oh, it also hasn't broken me out in the 2 weeks I have been using it. Hope it stays that way!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by ilovelipbutters

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Let me start by saying, if you have DRY SKIN, DO NOT buy this foundation. I think this is a great foundation if your skin is oily/combination, but for people with any type of dry or flaky skin, it is not even worth trying! I really wanted to love this product. And I thought I would because I see so many other people do! So I bought 2 bottles, one in the lightest shade & one shade up from that.. The first one is too pink for me & the second is a little too dark. When I use one shade, it accentuates my dry patches & can look a little streaky. When I mix the 2, it looks extra streaky & dry!! This foundation oxidizes a little too. Oh yeah, & another little tip... If you are dry & reading this and are still going to attempt to try this foundation, please please please DON'T use a brush.. It makes you look like a flake monster!! Best bet is applying with your hands! Hope this was helpful.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by GVPerez1

WOW! What can I say about this Product? OH YEAH! Maybe that it absolutely SUCKS!

When I saw the commercials for this and heard all the great things that this Foundation does, I felt happy because it seemed as if there was finally a Foundation that was FULL Coverage and I didn't have to add all the extras like Primer or Concealer because this product would already include it and also I didn't mind the friendly price either (College student on a Budget here!). So I gave in and went to Ulta and bought it on sale for like $7.50, so the I got it cheaper than it was.

After about a week of using this Product it made me want to go running back to my Estee Lauder Double wear Foundation, its pricey but its way better than this Crap. Not only did it make my skin super dry but it wore off within 2 hours! and not only that but it also made me breakout like 13 year-old! I've NEVER in my life had that many pimples even when I was growing up I never had acne problems! Maybe one or two but that was it. After I tried this Foundation it was like I was going through Puberty all over again!

I love some of Cover Girls products, like their Mascaras but this Foundation is by far the worst Foundation I've ever tried, even worse than MAC's! I DO NOT recommend this product! Especially if you have Acne prone skin, like I apparently have! Just don't waste those $12 dollars you could use for something else that won't damage your skin!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Madihudson

I love this foundation! It's super blendable and there's tons of shades to choose from! My only flaw with it is that when using a foundation or stippling brush, the brush strokes are VERY noticeable. Otherwise, this is a great foundation! I have combination skin and it stays all day! It really does work as concealer too! Overall, amazing and by far the best drugstore foundation I've ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by glam1012

I'm on my way to my third bottle of this. This is a very good drugstore foundation. Pros: good coverage, decent color choice, good oil control, long lasting, nice packaging, very smooth. Cons: the PRICE ($13-15!) If you're looking for a medium-full coverage foundation that is natural looking and long lasting, then you should try this. I'm personally not a huge fan of covergirl but I love this stuff

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

Very good drugstore foundation. I'm actually finding myself impressed with the drugstore foundations as of late. Crazy!

This is definitely worth checking out. It has a sort of weird "cucumber/vegetable" smell, but it goes away in a few minutes. Has medium coverage and can be built up without looking like a mask.

Just a nice basic foundation. Worth checking out. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT & UPDATE: I am giving this 1 more lippie. Now that I use this with RT EFB and have worn all through the winter, I can say that it has kept my oil in check without drying out my skin. The EFB also makes it much easier to blend. Lastly, this does not thicken over time. Earned the extra lippie. 3 in 1 remains a joke so will never be 5 - though it is quite good.

This is a good foundation for those of us with tough oily skin. It provides good coverage and keeps oiliness at bay. That said - the 3 in 1 claim is a joke. You need a good primer and a solid undereye concealer for this to last and look good. I took a lippie off for lack of truth in advertising. I took the other lippie off for lack of versatility and challenges with blend ability. It's a summer foundation - couldn't imagine this in winter with the cold dry air. Also, it's much harder to blend that Revlon ColorStay, which I prefer. However, in summer, with a primer the coverage is great, and the finish matte. It is the only foundation that got me through the heat wave without leaving me a sweaty, oily mess.

PROS:
- pump
- good coverage
- nice matte finish
- tough on oil
- great in summer, really bullet proof against heat and humidity
CONS:
- 3 in 1 claim not true - I used my summer combo of monistat anti-chafing gel with neutrogena oil control primer underneath and an undereye concealer
- not for sensitive skin girls, you need tough skin to enjoy this
- challenging to blend - dries too quickly so fingers are best followed by a quick buff with a brush

So net/net - I will buy again for summer, and any warm weather travel. Deserves mad props for beating NYC 110 degree heat. But what makes it great against extreme heat also makes it just ok for everyday.

Since it is a summer product for me, I will use what I have and rebuy.

PS - I do have a darker than my skin HD foundation by NYX that I use to mix into my normal color to match tans. Unless you want to invest in various shades, or are great about avoiding the sun, I find this is the way to go.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by payjark

I don't usually enjoy full coverage foundations but this one is pretty great. It stays on all day and it makes me look poreless. Taking a lippie off because I couldn't find a good shade so I have to mix 2 when I do use it :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Rahrl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of the best drugstore foundations I've ever tried! I saw a few youtube reviews and decided to pick this up without putting a lot of thought into it. I'm usually not one to buy Covergirl products, but this is definitely an exception.
First of all, I have never, once in my life, fully broken out. I guess I've gotten lucky, so I can't really tell you if this breaks you out or not, although other reviews say this foundation isn't very nice to sensitive acne-prone skin.
I don't like my foundations heavy, so this is a dream come true! A thin layer of this gives nice sheer coverage. It can also be built up to give you medium coverage and doesn't look cakey. Once it's dry, I literally can't feel it on my face at all! It also controls the shine on my forehead and chin for a really long time if I set it with a powder.
The package claims the foundation can be used as a concealer, but it doesn't last as long as actual concealer (used under the eyes at least). The foundation itself is really long wearing though, and easily lasts through the day.
Overall, this is a really good foundation if you're looking for sheer-medium coverage and don't have acne-prone skin. I love it!