July 25, 2014 | 1532 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by michaelannek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this, it gives a nice, sheer, moisturizing coverage. Plus they actually make a pigmented shade that is light enough for my un-tanned skin tone. It doesn't make me break out, which most BB Creams (like the Garnier) do. I only wish their was some sort of skin protection in here, thus the 4 rating instead of a 5.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by arch88

Got a sample in the mail. Decided to try it on this morning. Loved the way it made my skin look. Unfortunately, by mid-day, my forehead and nose started shining even more than they used to. I was thinking of using this cream for exactly what it markets: unifying skin tone and texture. Unfortunately super disappointed. I think I'll just stick to my hydrating lotion for winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by narwhal4life

Bloody love this product. I have tried a couple other BB creams including the Boscia one which cost about $40. This is by far my favourite. Not a lot of colour range but light/medium worked great for me. The 'gritty' texture didn't bother me and the finish is spectacular. It looks pretty natural, which I love and seems to do more than a tinted moisturizer. The coverage I would say is light - medium. I know some people use this as a primer, but I don't particularly see the point, especially when it performs well on its own.

My main skin concerns are discoloration, broken capillaries, large pores, prominent veins. For these concerns this product performs. It doesn't look super heavy and just looks like my skin has been improved. It's definitely not full coverage, and if that's what you're used to this product is not for you. It doesn't make my dark circles disappear, but it does reduce their appearance. I like this because it doesn't make my skin look unnatural or flawless - just a bit better. I would recommend applying this with your hands as I can't see a brush being effective in blending this in, the texture makes it very easy to apply and blend in with your fingers.

My biggest issue with this product is its longevity. Its not something I can wear in the blazing summer heat because I know I'll melt. In the fall and winter, however, it works amazingly. I set this with NYC smooth skin powder and it works pretty nicely, however my oily skin isn't the most friendly and I'll find that this comes off around my nose by the end of the day. I wish they made a variant formula for oily skin that wan't so focused on hydrating. Yet, overall this is among my favourite drugstore face products at the moment.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by kristifisher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I received a sample of this product, so I cannot comment on the price or the packaging.
Upon opening i really liked the "primer-y" consistency of this product, however, it was a little on the runny/watery side.
The deal breaker for me was the color. It looked grey-ish when you first squirt it out, but once you rub it in its SO ORANGE!! there was no salvaging it,

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by princessplumjade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I liked the feel and wearability. I liked the packaging. I liked the finish. Seriously, this is a terrific product except for one issue.

The color.

I bought the "Light" color and it left a smooth, soft matte finish and minimized imperfections. If it weren't for the extreme peach-orange tint, I'd consider this excellent for wearing alone or layering with other products. Unfortunately, deep peach-orange it is.

I tried to "work with it," but gave up after a while. There's only so much you can do to correct a bad color and I can't be bothered with that kind of maintenance for what is supposed to be casual makeup.

I would definitely consider purchasing again if the color selection improved.

P.S. -- L'Oreal performs animal testing on its cosmetics.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by cynmorgan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like to go sans make-up but thought a BB would help a bit. I read the MUA reviews so knew to expect a dry, gritty feel. The look was okay but after day 3, I began to see patchy redness under my skin. I don't have that sensitive of skin. I stopped using the product and the red cleared up after a couple of days. Too bad. I do use Retin A (.025) 5 x per week and maybe the combo was not good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

All in all does nothing for my skin, actually made it drier and mask like. Returning it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by caraharris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm going to return this product.

I wasn't expecting so much color from a BB cream. The color does not spread or show up evenly.

PROS
Great price, nice packaging
CONS
Orange color, uneven color
And, I looked worse than with bare skin

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Primpology

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my first BB Cream so I wasn't sure what to expect. I bought it in fair and it's it's very light and after my first application I hated it.

I wasn't about to give up however, and I kept playing with it. I'm using it now as my day-to-day go to for coverage. I build it up and apply a light dusting of my mineral powder in my skintone which brings up the color... all in all I'm very happy with this product I just wish it were in a bigger tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by patina11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome! I was amazed at how much it covered and how nice the color blended into my skin. I even got compliments from my family- they said my skin looked "airbrushed"! The only down side is that it does feel heavy on your skin. It felt like my regular medium coverage foundation. I have oily skin and it didn't keep it completely matte but didn't look TOO oily either so that's good. Overall, awesome product.