November 23, 2014 | 2015 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by katie2944

I normally don't wear foundation on a daily basis, so I decided to try this BB cream. I didn't like how it came out white and them adjusted to whatever tone you bought. I felt like I had applied way too much because I couldn't see where it was going until the colour actually developed.
It felt nice on my face for the first few hours, then it turned excessively greasy on my T-zone about 5 hours later.
The coverage was sheer as expected. Next time I will just go with a tinted moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

ORIGINAL REVIEW: From reading all the reviews of this product it would seem that I have a faulty batch. I bought the Fair shade for my very pale skin. I didn't try this shade on my hand in the store when I bought it, but I did try the Light. This was too dark, but did apply smoothly and felt very creamy. However, when it came to trying this Fair one, the color I expected when I rubbed this into my skin did not happen. Instead, the cream stayed pure white and the beads did not break spreading color pigment. I had a ghostly white face with what looked like gravel all over it. I had no pigment at all in this product, not one bit. I tried it on cleansed skin with no moisturizer, cleansed skin with thick moisturizer, rubbing this furiously into the back of my hand, my neck, my inner wrist, my shins (I was getting desperate and thought that maybe a change of skin temperature might yield the color pigment). Alas, nothing. What I bought what a gritty white cream. Very disappointed, and even though I'm sure it is the product at fault and not my desperate attempts to make this work I still wouldn't buy again. **UPDATE** Ok so it was a bad batch that I bought! As soon as I tried this one I knew it would be fabulous. My skin looks perfected without looking like I am wearing makeup. It looks amazing! Even over my sunscreen, which can make any makeup shiny, this gives a beautiful semi matte finish. It doesn't cover much but I only need a tiny bit of concealer afterwards. Loving this so much, it has replaced a lot of foundations for me. I really don't like to apply things with my fingers but this does look amazing. I would highly recommend trying this, and if you get a bad batch then don't give up! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Daia750

I don't really wear foundation because I feel it's too heavy for my face, but I do mainly need to even out skin tone to be able to put on the rest of my make up with a clean canvas. And I find this product works very well and does it job for me. It is quite pigmented and I don't really find it orange like other people say. I don't use a lot of it but just enough to even out my complexion. I use the color medium and I find it covers pretty well, but I'll need to put a bit of concealer on any blemishes I have. Overall really like it and would definitely buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by AznSensation

This product had so much so potential to be awesome considering it applied smoothly, didn't irritate my face, and I only needed a small amount of product. Unfortunately it had one major flaw, which would be the fact that once it was applied it turned orange. Maybe I wouldn't have minded so much if I was part Oompa-Loompa or a cast member of the Jersey Shore, however since I am neither this BB cream gets a thumbs down from me. Considering the color seems to be a fairly common complaint hopefully L'Oreal will take this into consideration and change it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by nvp206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this. I never wear foundation because it never looks natural on me, but this looks pretty natural AND evens my skin tone perfectly. I wear it every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by KittyAmazingg

I LOVE this product! It's very good if you have pigmentation problems because it covers scars up pretty nicely (with a little concealer) and it's good for oily skin since it doesn't wipe off very easily. BUT, it's very important that you only put ONE small layer of it on your face. I was wearing it at school one day (i guess i put on too much that day) and one of my friends said that my face looked a little orange. Now, i was using the medium shade which matched my skin tone pretty well except the BB cream itself has slight yellowish/orange tint to it that you don't notice unless you put on too much. Even though my skin is tan, it has more of a peach/pink undertone than yellow. If you have a pinkish undertone like me, BE CAREFUL. And if you're to paranoid that you will put too much on then you're better off using Maybelline's bb cream or an asian brand like SKIN79

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by amandakat3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! Good coverage. Great for oily skin. Very minimal touch ups. Stays fresh and matches skin tones amazing if applied correctly. Will re purchase for sure. Gives a great matte finish and looks very natural not cakey at all. HG for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by JCgirlie

I am really liking this product! I like the color (fair), like the texture, like how it has no spf, and it offers just enough coverage. I will repurchase :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by anastesia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know how to feel about this product.. The good thing is it blends into skin very well (I got the color fair). However, the grainy texture is something that really bothers me... If you are going to use this product, wear a moisturizer underneath!!! Lots of it! If you got some dry spots, the grains will accentuate it like crazy... I got a dry t-zone and a few dry spots around the nose, hence it got every flakier once I applied this BB cream alone. In terms of coverage, it doesn't really cover much, except evens your skin tone out just a bit.
Save your money on this. I am sure there are better bb creams out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by carmenkam

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the weirdest BB cream out of a dozen that I've tried, it looks stone surface when it comes out of the tube, the color looks grey with gritty consistency, I cannot imagine putting gritty cream on my face on regular basis, although it transform to skin color after blending, it somehow feels uncomfortably chemical & artificial, the color doesn't look good on me, it oxidizes quick. It's really a terrible product.

From my experience, "Western BB creams" are merely just tinted moisturizer house in a tub with "BB Cream" label, generally speaking they don't cover a bit, no skincare benefits, low SPF & not long lasting. I am rushing back to Japanese & Korean BB creams.