April 19, 2014 | 1880 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised how much I like this. I was looking for a sheer, acne-friendly, lightweight tinted moisturizer to use now that the weather is getting hotter and this is exactly what I needed. "My-skin-but-better."

I got this at Target for around $8 (you get 1 oz). It comes in a standing squeeze tube. I like that the color of the tube gives you an indication of the type of shade you're getting. These come in 5 shades. It may not seem like a lot, but because these are so sheer, I think the available colors are able to accommodate a very wide range of skin tones. I'm NC20-25 and I got Light/Medium.

For Asian BB cream lovers, I wouldn't call it a "true BB cream"; it doesn't tout any long-term skin care benefits like Asian brands do. But it is a great lightweight tinted moisturizer. If coverage is what you're looking for, you don't want this -- you want a foundation. This goes on very sheer and will not cover things like angry zits or red marks. It will cancel out some very mild redness, but that's about it. It does feel a little moisturizing (maybe not enough if you have dry skin -- I'm oily) so it's easy to blend. Pores are a little less noticeable, but it doesn't make me look "poreless." I like to apply this with my fingers (focusing on redder areas like around my nose and mouth) and then supplement with a concealer to cover any more obvious imperfections or blemishes. I do have to set it with a powder because I'm oily; otherwise it will melt away much sooner. This does not last as long as a foundation, but considering how sheer it is, it's not bad; for me, about 5 or 6 hours before I feel like I need to reapply (with powder on top). You may be able to get a little bit more coverage applying this with a brush or sponge. But for a flawless-canvas face, this isn't going to cut it.

This does have a physical SPF 30. No shimmer or glitter. It doesn't feel greasy going on. Nice texture; lighter than a cream but a little heavier than a lotion -- like a gel lotion? The finish isn't completely matte but not shiny (slightly dewy). The color doesn't oxidize throughout the day. No noticeable scent. I've used this regularly for a few weeks now and it has never caused breakouts. I think it's perfect for when you don't want a face of makeup but still want a little something to make your face look a bit more even toned but still "bare." The "8 benefits" seem to be a little redundant, but I think its main benefits/features include: SPF 30, BLURS (but not COMPLETELY covers) mild imperfections, adds some hydration.

Overall, very nice product. Would recommend / repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by whawhawhacawhaaawhaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I definitely agree with a lot of the reviews saying this can get a bit orange--unless you go for the Snooki look, I would skip on this product for the darker skin tones. As for me, I chose Light and it blends quite nicely into my skin. I use a small dab and it's enough to blur mild redness and brown spots, which annoy the hell out of me, I got them from my mother.
I have combination skin and it is oily on my forehead, this is definitely not an oily skin "bb cream"--speaking of the labelling of this product, how about we all go ahead and admit this is just a tinted moisturizer? It isn't a bb cream, and I don't see or feel any amazing differences in my skin, so it's not a bb cream. Overall I give this 4 stars because it works for my skin tone and gives a very natural look--afterall, even real bb creams are supposed to give light coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by goaheadlily

This is my every day BB cream. I really like this one... it moisturizes, light, not greasy and doesn't cause me any break-outs. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't cover very well if you have a blemish so if I have to I just do a once over with Revlon Colorstay concealer, and lastly apply the BB cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by khodjasara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i had tried L'oreal's BB cream and actually really liked it..but I heard some good reviews about the Maybelline one, plus I had a coupon, so I figured, why not....boy...do i wish i never purchased this product. I have oily skin, and in the summer, i like to go light on the foundation...this is the only product i have tired in my entire life that feels like im rubbing crisco oil into my face. it makes me look like an orange greaseball. yeah the packaging is cute, and i only paid $5 for it..but i will never purchase this again and def do NOT recommend, esp for my oily girls out there. save yourselves.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Georgia8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hated this. The packaging was cute but when i first got it half the label was already peeled off. The product itself is very runny and messy which makes it hard to get the right amount. It gives little coverage and makes my face look orange. Would not recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by lucyzta

I wanted to check out the BB cream craze so I decided to pick this up at CVS. They were out of the light shade at the 3 different CVSes that I went to so I just ended up picking up the light medium. The shade was fine for my fair skin. I was really excited to try this and am disappointed to report that it fell really flat for me. It felt heavy on my skin even though it was only giving sheer coverage. I don't think it broke me out but it kind of made my skin look dull and greasey. I would be surprised if I use the entire tube and I definitely won't be repurchasing. I liked the packaging, the pink on it was cute. For 8 bucks I don't feel that I lost anything by trying it out.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by cchun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading quite a few positive reviews on this product, I really wanted to like this but it just didn't work for me. I heard that this bb cream in particular was good for dry skin, but to my surprise it was actually TOO greasy. It just didn't have a very clean feel to it when I applied it and felt even worse after a few hours. I bought this 5 days ago and my skin is already breaking out - I have little bumps on my forehead and cysts on my cheeks! Also, I understand that this is supposed to give sheer coverage, but compared to the Neutrogena tinted moisturizer I used to use (which was also sheer coverage), this didn't really cover much at all. I didn't see much of a difference when I didn't have makeup on and when I had this on. I wish this had worked as well for me as it did for others.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Rabdaddy

I bought this expecting drug store miracle lol wrong of me I know. The feeling was a little oily for me and didn't blend well. I expected great coverage which is nowhere near what I got. It works really well as a primer however. I keep it in my car for emergency usage.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by rainlullaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have purchased this foundation in the lightest shade, as well as the light-medium.

I really like this product, but then again I haven't experimented with foundations too much.

I get light-medium coverage with this stuff. Too many layers and I find that it does get kind of cakey on me, but I can get away with two layers and have medium coverage.

I love how easily this stuff blends. So easy to apply and quick. Perfect for a summer makeup routine. A little product goes a long way, too.

The one thing I don't really like is the packaging. It does look cute but I find the cap to be annoying at times. I prefer the glass bottle foundations.

Will repurchase again. I am going to shop around and try other foundations as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Alissamay2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This IS NOT a good product for people who have oily skin. I used a primer and makeup setting spray (both specifically made for oily skin) under it, and within an hour my face was shiny and slick. I also noticed that it has an orange tint to it, and I bought it in a shade lighter than my natural skin tone! I also do not like how it comes out of the tube. A little goes a long way. And it offers hardly any coverage, so this is also a bad product for people with acne!