Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I've been using this for a few months, and i'm still not completely sure how I feel about it. Not the softest brush... elf brushes are a bit softer in my opinion (the flat top powder brush and the stippling brush most definitely are).

The first few times I washed it the palm of my hand ended up feeling RAW because the material was so rough! It kind of freaked me out because if it was this rough on my HAND imagine what this is doing to my grill! Anyway, after a few uses it got softer but I'm still not a huge fan. I mean the application is nice but jesus christ does it soak up product, it takes forever to wash it out! I literally had to wash the brush SIX TIMES to get all the product out (I use light foundation so I have no idea how this happened). Not to mention that I was using Dr. Bronners soap which is an oil based soap and gets absolutely EVERYTHING out.

Another thing is that it totally started shedding on me today, I've had this since march and today I had to pick out like five brush hairs off my face which is reaaaaally irritating.

Anyway, if you're reading reviews and thinking about buying this.. you should probably consider giving elf brushes, sonia kashuk brushes, or getting sigma brushes and getting a better quality brush.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will say that the POWDER brush is awesome, it's really soft and easy to work with, you don't have to do much to get product on there and it gives really even application.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is an excellent brush for applying foundation. I use it for my liquid foundation. Although I was skeptical to try this brush at first, I found that it is easy to use and it gives a high coverage without looking streaky. I recommend this brush if you find it hard to use foundation brushes and want a high coverage flawless foundation application. Good value for money so I recommend this for beginners! I think mine would last me a few years but if it breaks I probably would buy a new one. I recommend this for beginners!

This brush is nothing short of AMAZING!! It beats any MAC brush hands down and costs a fraction of the price. I have used both a MAC and a Jemma Kidd stippling brush in the past but this brush just makes my makeup application a dream! It really buffs the foundation into my skin to giveaway smooth and flawless look. I also use the contour brush, not to contour but to apply and smooth foundation around my eye and nose area. It's like a smaller version of this brush and works really well for this. I also use it to apply concealer under the eye area. Everyone should have one of these. I love the soft bristles and its easy to wash.
Only downside is the handle is a little long but doesn't bother me much.
Fab, fab product!! Well done Samantha!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I must admit I only bought this brush because I had money to blow and wanted to try something else than the blush brush which I originally only intended to buy. The price for this brush was fair, like all the other real techniques brushes you get a lot for a small amount of money. I think I paid 8 - 9 dollars on iherb.com, which is till this date the cheapest place to buy it according to my research... next to ulta (?) (not promoting the website or anything - just stating a fact).

Now on to the brush itself - its handle is perfect in size and is in a nice bronzy orange colour. The ferule is kinda long, which is perfect if you like me is terrified of ruining the brush by getting water in there during cleansing and washing. Even if it is a cheap brush, it still sucks to ruin it. Because it does perform really, really well.

The brush itself is shaped in a way that makes you think of contouring and bronzing. It's dense and compact, not too small and not too big, and is designed to fit right into the hollow beneath your cheekbones. It's bristles are soft and in high quality tiklon similar to those from ecotools, which makes sense seeing as they are made by the same company. I guess real techniques only have more thought behind their design? I have washed it multiple times without bleeding, so I'm very impressed by the value of this product.

I use it to buff finishing powder onto my skin and contouring beneath the cheekbones. I could use it for foundation too as it does leave an air brushed effect behind, but the bristles suck up product like a sponge, which would cost me a lot of money in the long run. Would recommend it for creme or powder, and if you use liquid, moisten the bristles first. Put water in a clean spray bottle and spray the water lightly on top of the bristles from distance - this will keep it from slurping up all of your expensive foundation.

LOVE THIS BRUSH! The price is out of this world for what you get! I bought this from the RT site, and I think I only paid 8 or 9 dollars?! Either way, the brush has high high high quality, and I suggest buying this! It buffs foundation so well! I actually plan on buying more RT brushes. PS: I love watching Pixiwoo on YT, and that's how I found out about RT brushes! I also adore the way the handle is on this brush. It's an amazing brush! So soft!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I received this brush in a swap and love it as much as my other RT brushes. I use it mostly for blending--foundation in those spots where it tends to collect, cream blush--especially at the edges, concealer. It works great for all, cleans up easily, keeps its shape, it's super soft and comfortable on the skin, and it's cheap! Can't beat that combo. I won't be without this brush.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've had this brush for a couple years and finally concluded I just don't like it. It seems like a sturdy brush, although, shoot me, I think the RT brush design is very ugly. It's hard to understand all the praises for it being ZOMGBUNNYSOFT when my RT and e.l.f brushes are generally softer (I can feel distinct prickles on my face when I use it).

I cannot get a worthwhile application of foundation with it. I'm willing to chalk this up to operator error but it seems to smoosh foundation into my larger pores (even with a primer that usually takes care of that problem), smear foundation around, and eventually pull primer and foundation back *off* my skin.

I was using it for blush for a while but since I've started contouring a little in the hollows of my cheeks I use a super light hand with my blush and prefer a tapered shape (My Wayne Goss 02). And I was using it for illuminator on my cheekbones, but it seems to make it very easy to "overbuff" and end up with metallic-looking, pore-y cheekbones.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Have a few of these too. I use it to apply my cream, gel and liquid foundations. Also great to apply cream/gel contour or highliters. If you spritz the head with water, you can also use it to apply your powder foundations perfectly.

Blends with the very best.

I am starting to hate all of my real animal hair brushes because of these. No smell, no shedding, always just right.

Buy without fear.

I wanted a 5 lippie on this review, but for some reason, I can only give it 4. What's up?

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

One of the best liquid foundation brushes i've purchased. its soft and i've washed it multiple time so far and it is still in perfect condition. perfect size the only thing i dont like is the tip of the handel... its too fat it makes it hard to store in my makeup organizer. but none the less its an amazing brush.

Absolute perfection. Love the brush for buffing foundation into the skin. Easy to wash and gets dry quickly. The bristles are the perfect balance between softness and stiffness for the buffing motion. I haven't used it for other purposes other than with liquid foundation. But it seems like a really versatile brush, so it's really great to take with you when travelling.

This brush is almost exceeds my holy grail shiseido foundation brush. It is easier to clean and dry, while the shiseido one is too dense to be cleaned thoroughly sometimes. I spot clean it everyday by rubbing it on a cotton pad soaked with rubbing alcohol. This method gets the foundation off the bristles easily (you can tell because the tip of the bristles is white). It's also a lot more inexpensive and spread the foundation more quickly than the shiseido brush.

My only complain is that I wish the handle was a little shorter. I'm pretty near-sighted. I often go quite close to the mirrior when I apply my makeup and sometimes the handle hits the mirrior when I'm too close. This doesn't happen with my shiseido brush, because it's got a much shorter handle. Other than this minor complain, this brush is just perfection to me. I don't live in the US or Europe, so it was a little bit of a hassle to get it from online. But I'm so happy that I got it and I would highly recommend it to everyone.

Popular Makeup Brushes