Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 2/26/2013 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I won't repurchase because I think this will last me for many years but at the same time, for people whom only applies light makeup, this is not necessary. Having said that this is a good brush brand and any beginners should buy these brushes unless they can straight away afford hakuhodo brushes.

Dries fast after cleaning. Oh so soft to the skin.

Sheds a little when spot cleaned with MUFE cleanser. Could be that the cleanser is just too strong.

Use it for liquid foundation but should not be too heavy handed. Done right, airbrushed look. Too heavy handed and the foundation just gets rubbed off on the brush itself. I think this brush removes the liquid foundation more than spreading it.

Don't really think it is that good for liqiud foundation.

I use it to knock excess powder off my face.

on 2/24/2013 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a fantastic brush for buffing in foundation. I use colorstay whipped foundation and the finish I get is flawless. There is no streaking or caking, just beautiful airbrushed effect. The brush is the perfect size and picks up, then deposits the product exactly as it should. I have many high end brushes, but this is my HG foundation brush.

on 2/23/2013 3:10:00 PM

Pretty good and cheap brush, very very easy to clean which is such a bonus! Foundation can get a bit streaky at first with this brush, but when you work some more with it it's usually fine. I also like it for concealer on big areas

on 2/23/2013 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Amazing brush -- what a different it makes in how my foundation looks. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this at Ulta....not much more to say that has not already been said. THIS BRUSH ROCKS!!!

on 2/23/2013 2:42:00 PM

I've had this brush for two days and I have fallen in absolute love with it! After two Sigma F80 brushes falling apart on me, I can definitely say this brush is SOOOOO much better! This brush is so so so so soft! It's so much fun using it to apply my liquid foundation and concealer and it gives the BEST finish! I seriously felt like my skin looked flawless! I noticed with my Sigma brush that it soaked up a lot of product but this brush doesn't! I felt like I had a lot more coverage with this brush while I could still notice redness using the Sigma one. Even though I have only used this for two days, I can definitely say this is my HG foundation brush! I SERIOUSLY recommend this! It's cheap too! I will repurchase if I have to, but I hope this will last a long time! <3

on 2/23/2013 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Everything everyone else has said that's positive. First brush for foundation I have enjoyed using. I prefer this brush to a dampened sponge. Never thought that would happen. Planning on purchasint the blush and the powder brushes also.

on 2/21/2013 3:58:00 PM

I love this brush for applying liquid foundation. I have several other foundation brushes ( Bobbi Brown, Smash Box & Stila) but this is the one that I reach for everyday. Gives a great finish, easy to clean, easily available in the UK and only 10. Love it.

on 2/19/2013 5:59:00 PM

I love using this brush every single day for my foundation. I use it with Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme foundation. I dip the brush staight into the pot, taking the tiniest amount, stippling it onto my cheeks then swirling outwards. At first the brush seemed a bit small but that's actually an advantage. The size and shape allow you to get into tricky areas like edge of your nose near your eyes, and to blend the edges of your undereye concealer with your foundation. There's no makeup on my hands, and the best airbrushed finish on my face. This brush is lovely and soft, and doesn't shed. I like that the colour stands out from the rest of my brushes, and the handle is a good size to hold for a face brush. I really can't fault this one. Makes my morning routine quicker and easier, can't ask for more than that.

on 2/19/2013 5:20:00 PM

LOVE this brush, not only for blending liquid foundation, but also concealer. It makes the foundation seem so natural and dewy, and it is really easy to apply any kind of liquid product with this brush, blending away in circular motions. I have not tried it with any cream or powder foundations, but I bet it works just as well. I honestly have nothing bad to say about this brush!

on 2/17/2013 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Wow, just wow...
I can't believe during my whole liquid-foundation-life, I used my fingers, sponges, and a flat brush. The results are just not the same... With my fingers, it's applied a little blotchy and uneven, with a sponge it's applied too lightly, and with my flat brush, it ends up streaky and takes more time.
But with this brush, my foundation always looks like it's applied professionally! Of course it's called "Expert Face."
I have pretty dry skin now because of this weather, but the brush makes sure my foundation goes on smooth :)
The bristles are soft yet sturdy and it's easy to spot clean! I just spray alcohol onto a napkin and my brush is almost good as new!
I can't get over how it acts like a luxury department store brand, but is affordable as a drugstore brand. AMAZING...

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products