Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 3/31/2013 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Such a good morning hero to apply my liquid foundation. It works the product into the skin leaving no visible lines and it's so easy to keep clean. I find it quite sturdy and I do like the fact that it can stand on its own but I realize it can be a problem for other. If you are in the market for a new foundation brush, this one does a very good professional job. Worth having it.

on 3/29/2013 10:28:00 PM

I absolutely love this brush! It's a perfect size because it's not so small that it takes forever to apply foundation, but it's small enough to get into the inner corners of the eyes. It holds it's shape nicely and is easy to clean. The bristles are soft and dense. Despite it's large handle, it's very light and easily maneuverable. In Pixiwoos videos, the color never appealed to me because it always looked a very yellowy gold, but in real life it appears more orangey copper (which I find much more attractive). I will definitely repurchase since it never hurts to have backup brushes and it's quite affordable. All around winner for me!

on 3/29/2013 6:17:00 PM

This is my baby, I purchased it a few days ago and all I feel is REGRET that I never bought/found it sooner. My make up looks flawless! It applies my liquid foundations perfectly and blends without leaving a trace. It feels nice on my face and fits into all the annoying little grooves you can get at using other methods. I have a fair few of the Real Technique brushes now and they are by far my favourite. Incredible value for your money they really are faultless.

on 3/28/2013 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

In Canada, as far as i know, you can only get this in sets? So i bought mine in a set of 3 (or 4?) face brushes, this is by far the best one. I've used it for Urban Decay Naked fdtn, Revlon Nearly Naked, blush, and bronzer. It creates a flawless finish for foundation, I get compliments on how smooth it looks every time. Even with a lighter fdtn like Urban Decay, it looks just as good, i do need two layers though. I agree that it soaks up foundation because i was inching through the Urban Decay but when i used this brush suddenly i was halfway through it. I think its worth it because its such a big difference from using a flat foundation brush but i alternate with a flat brush once in a while. With Revlon, it was perfect because its a thicker foundation, looked natural. For blush, i think it can perform a bit better, concentrates the color too much so for an opaque blush, I can easily get clown cheeks. However, this is great for bronzer, blends really well and looks natural. Overall, i think its an amazing brush, never had such a perfect application with foundation until i found this brush.

on 3/27/2013 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This brush is one of the best I have used. I find that it works best with mineral foundations, powders, and mousse/whipped foundations. It's super soft and gives amazing coverage. I've found that this line of brushes in general is just amazing. The price of the brushes is great for the quality, especially since I am a college student on a budget. The packaging wasn't anything great, but I'm not complaining. I would recommend this brush and any other brush from this line to anyone!

on 3/24/2013 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Not a huge fan of this brush. Got it because of the rave reviews but I'm just not impressed. It gives a fuller coverage but it oddly pushes my liquid foundation around more than anything and I find I have to wash this brush more than my usual once a week because it drinks up my foundation as others have mentioned. Also I store my brush in a mug and the handle on this foundation is so annoying and oddly shaped. Haven't found another use for this since I don't use cream blush and I use other brushes for highlighting and contouring.

One pro is that it dries fairly quickly and does not shed.

on 3/17/2013 9:38:00 PM

Generally, I love the Real Techniques brushes and this is one I use every day. I have all kinds of brushes, MAC, Sigma, etc. but I have to say - for the price these brushes are very effective. Of course I love the Pixiwoo sisters and watch all their videos but regardless I think these brushes are fine quality for the price. I use this brush mostly to apply mineral powder foundation and blush. One of the great things about a low price point is that you can buy two or more of them and feel very little pain! Recommend!

on 3/17/2013 7:57:00 PM

Once again I was drawn to a brush that had great reviews from MUA. The brush is so soft I love it. I use it to blend out my liquid foundation or to apply powder. ( I have 2). None of the brushes have sheded. It blends it so flawlessly. The only minor issue is the handle. I like that it is flat so I can stand it up but also I also like to put it in a cup. I can do that with some of their eye brushes but not the face brushes. I really like this brush. I would recommend this brush. Another + is that it is cruelty free.

on 3/16/2013 2:15:00 AM

I freakin' love this brush! It is amazing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

UHH MAZING STUFF. this is hands down wayyyyy better than all my mac brushes I have used.
This never sheds, is soft, and it makes my foundation go on my face so gracefully.
I just sweep my liquid foundation very softly with this brush towards the direction of my facial hair growth.
I find that buffing with pressure on the hands just take off the makeup.
So you have to be super lughthanded unless you have perfect skin and dont need to cover anything.
This also works well as a brush to apply bronzer and highlight.
This is the first and my only real techniques brush, I should try using other brushes too.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products