July 29, 2014 | 1944 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

Ughhh! I hate to bring any product down, especially since this one has such good reviews, but my experience with this brush was not great. I bought it from iherb.com and bought it mainly for applying foundation. I normally use the Sephora platinum 55 brush, which has always been perfect for me, but I saw the insanely awesome reviews for this brush and had to try. Firstly, it is a smaller brush than the 55 and doesn't cover as much surface area when I stipple my foundation on, so it takes longer to do my makeup. I think I expected it to be almost the size of the 55, but it wasn't close. Secondly...the brush I got hurt my face! The bristles were not very soft, which surprises me because all the other reviews comment about how soft it was, so part of me wonders if I got a bad brush? The brush was actually quite scratchy IMO. Other than that, it is a finely crafted brush, I loved the handle and sleek design, but wouldn't buy it again.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by lksandrock

I cannot even begin to say how much I love this brush. It is absolutely perfect. It blends my BB creams and liquid foundations perfectly; there are absolutely no streaks left behind.

I just use a light buffing motion to work the product into my skin, then BAM! I have a great streak-free finish. My husband cannot even tell I have anything on!

The other wonderful thing about this brush (and all of the other RT brushes), they clean up very easily and dry a lot quicker than natural bristle brushes. Cleaning my brushes between each use is no longer a burden, the product comes out very easily and they only take about an hour to dry.

If you are looking for a good set of brushes, I would purchase all of the Real Techniques line, they are all absolutely wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by synmyn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I think Sam Chapman hit it *out of the park* with this new face brush! It's perfect for applying moisturizer, sunscreen, primer, foundation, blush, bronzer, highlighter, powders, liquids, and creams.

This brush is without equal for liquid to cream foundations. It applies, blends and buffs to a smooth, airbrushed finish. I don't know what it is about the shape of it, but it's the perfect combination of softness and firmness, at once dense yet tapered.

I have extremely sensitive skin and I have experienced no irritation from this brush, even with daily use.

Like all the other RT brushes I own, this cleans easily, dries quickly, and has yet to shed a hair. I honestly think this is one of the best and most unique brushes Real Techniques makes. And the price is fabulous. You can not go wrong with this purchase.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by lindseymhelms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was my first Real Techniques brush purchase. I bought this brush along with the powder brush. I have to say that I LOVE this brush! I usually use a beauty blender to apply foundation, and have been looking for a dense, soft buffing- style brush. After having the Sigma f80 in my "shopping cart" for awhile, I saw I review on the real technique brushes and knew I had to give this a try! Kind of slaps the face of the sigma "stigma" (no pun intended:) No shipping costs, and half the price! BEAUTIFUL results! I can see how I could use this brush for many things, highligher, contour... I will probably be buying more!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by mlynde82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great all-around brush for using on the face. It works for foundation, blush, contour, highlight, bronzer... you name it! It's a perfect size, not too bulky, but with enough bristles to really get the job done. I use it mainly for powders and I find it applies the exact right amount of product. You really just can't go wrong with RT brushes as the quality is fantastic and the versatility is great. They are a tremendous value for your money.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My reviews are usually quite long, so if u wanna read a really thorough and in depth review on the RT brushes, check out my review on the RT Core Collection. But since I already wrote such a long review on those, I'm just going to say that the same things I said about those brushes go for this one instead of writing another book lol. It's absolutely amazing; firm, incredibly soft, dense (but not too dense), washes well, dries quickly, doesn't shed at all, and gives me the loveliest finish for foundation ever. I like how the brush looks too. I also use it for cream blush, and it could be used for a number of other things as well. Like all the RT brushes, it's very high quality and multi-purpose. It's very inexpensive and worth double or triple what it costs imo. Love this brush so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by fasab88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I kind of bought this brush on a whim. I had never seen any reviews, or really heard of it. Ulta had a sale for Buy 1 get 1 50% off, and because it was so cheap anyways, I decided to buy this along with their eyeliner brush. When it came in the mail, I was honestly surprised to see it was a really high quality and unique brush. I was also stoked to see that Samantha Chapman makes them (I love her tutorials). When I used it the first time with my foundation, I fell even more in love with this brush. It performs SO well! it is dynamic, and able to quickly buff out foundation for a truly flawless look. It virtually erases pores. I have always been a make up sponge/beauty blender user, and I genuinely don't think I will go back. It doesn't shed, it cleans easily. It's overall just a great brush, highly highly reccomended.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by maripossa24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't think of anything I don't like about this brush. It's small and very dense. I find it fantastic at buffing foundation into my pores, swirling one way, then the other so they "disappear". It gives a great finish. This brush is very, very soft.

It cleans easily, and dries pretty fast considering how dense it is. IT DOES NOT SHED. I tell you, I LOATHE with a passion my mac 109....I got it about 5 YEARS ago, and it still sheds every single time I put it on my face. But that's another story.

I also really, really love the wide base/handle. It makes it so easy to stand up on my counter, and if I have to put the brush down mid application, I don't have to worry about it touching my counter top. The price is great for such a high quality brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I want to own 10 of these!!! Finally a brush that I can properly use for my Chanel Tan de Soleil, other brushes would shed and make my bronzer dirty and other brushes give me a patchy look. This and of course the other RT brushes are the softest brushes I've every used (compared to Sigma and MAC) and I don't have to worry about micro exfoliation with the constant buffing motion. But I use this brush for everything, for powder, blush, and for every type of liquid and cream foundation I own. It's sturdy, absolutely no shedding ( I wash these every 3 days), stiff bristles but soft and flexible enough to make blending easy. I love how Sam made such high quality but affordable brushes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This brush feels like a bunny. I kid you not, this is THE softest brush I own. I got it at Ulta for less than 10 dollars and am so glad I did. It's densely packed and slightly angled so its PERFECT for lliquidey/creamy foundations. It blends foundation seamlessly and doesn't leave those icky streaks other brushes often leave behind. Shedding is also non-existent.

I've even used this with my mineral foundation and found it blended it MUCH better than the kabuki I was previously using.

I also LOVE that it has a flat bottom so that I can just stand it up on my bathroom counter! The shape and weight of the brush are also very comfortable in the hand.

This was my first ever real techniques brush and I am seriously temped to completely convert to the line.

UPDATE: this guy does apply foundation and such wonderfully but it also works PERFECTLY for my creme blushes!! The NYX cream blushes are very emollient and hard to blend with your fingers, this brush works with them perfectly to blend them and keep their amazing pigmentation!! I also was having trouble with the new Revlon Photoready cream blushes, as they didn't apply well with the fingers either. This brush works WONDERS with those blushes and makes me love them even more.

THIS BRUSH IS SO AWESOME IN EVERY WAY.