New York Color Pressed Translucent Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide

on 5/12/2003 9:51:00 PM

Ok, after reading about this product on the boards and how so many people use it as a cheaper alternative to MAC Blot, I went on a search to find it, I had to try 3 different stores before finding Translucent, finally located it at my local KMart. Target and Wal-Mart both carry the brand, but did not have the color. Let me tell you this stuff is amazing for mid-day touchups. I blot it on with a MAC sponge(the one included is worthless) and brush with a EL brush I recieved in a GWP. This stuff takes away the shine immediatly and has no horrible cakey effect. What a steal at 1.87. Unlike other reviewers, I don't mind the compact (No one I know would care about the brand of my powder) and I think it would be a huge hassle to transfer to a MAC compact. So I tote the little silver with pink,yellow,purple and black lettering around in my purse and touch up with no embarrasment at this amazing drugstore find. Thanks to all the ladies for the recommend. I am a PPP with cool undertones if that matters with translucent powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

first off, this is the ultimate CRAPPY packaging. that said, its a great product! it really controls oil, doesnt add that much color, and doesnt easily cake. amazing for $1.74 at target. Seriously, i like the NYC powder better than my MAC pressed powder~ if only i could put the NYC powder into the MAC packaging- now THAT would be cool!

on 4/26/2003 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought it after the raves here. The packaging is very minimalist, a mirror in the lid, the powder on the bottom, and space to put the sponge in in between. I applied this, and panicked when I saw it was white on my skin. But I blended and it melted into my skin without a trace. It didn't cake! I am very surprised at how nice this is for such a small amount of money (under $2) and will repurchase.

on 4/6/2003 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is great stuff just like it's loose powder counterpart. It's dirt cheap and does a great job. I have found that I have to use a light hand when applying it or else it can look a little chalky. But it really does control the greasies well, even better than a lot of the expensive brands. The packaging is cheapo looking but for such an awesome product with such a great price, you'd be a fool to complain! :)

on 4/5/2003 7:21:00 PM

Having tried the NYC loose translucent powder on a whim and absolutely *loving* it, I had to give this a shot. Indeed, just like the loose powder, it controls shine remarkably well without looking cakey or chalky. (I'm about a NC15 though, so I can't say how it would work on darker skin tones). I also use my Sonia Kashuk powder brush to apply, though the puff is fine for quick touch-ups. Of course, the compact is the epitome of fugly, but for $2, this is well worth it. I find if I use this in the morning, I don't need to use my C&C blotting sheets as often--sometimes not even at all!

on 3/11/2003 7:27:00 PM

I had to try this after reading reviews. I hadn't really paid any attention to the price when I was reading the reviews but figured it was going to be in the $3.00 range. I went to Target and got mine for either $1.67 or $1.69. I was kind of skeptical after seeing such a low price tag but I tried it anyway. I've been using it for about a week with my Cover Girl Aquasmooth creme to powder foundation. I really like this powder! I apply it with my Sonia Kashuk powder brush which I bought at the same time. My shinies are kept to a minimum throughout the day. I only have to reapply powder once. That foam powderpuff they put in the compact cracked me up. They could save themselves a little more money by not even bothering -- because all I did was throw it away. The compact itself isn't great the hinge is just creased and folded plastic but you can't really expect a highquality compact for less than $2. As long as the powder is good, that's what matters.

on 3/1/2003 5:17:00 AM

i took off one lippy because of the thin powder puff and the packaging! (it seems like the mirror is gonna break off soon)

as for the product, it's great! it control shine and absorb oil, especially on my oil tzone! when i was in the store, i doubt that the color would be too light~ but after i tried it, it's really tranlucent!! yippy!!! it's dirt cheap...i brought mine at target for only $1.77 +tax! will surely buy again!

on 10/9/2002 2:22:00 PM

I bought this at Walmart after reading the other reviews, and I must say I am shocked at how much I like this powder. It is very comparable to MAC blot, which is my very favorite for keeping shine at bay. I keep this for touch ups during the day, and it doesn't look cakey and I love the fact that it really is translucent so you don't have to worry about a color match. I don't know if it is as long lasting as MAC blot, but it is great to take away mid-day shine. I highly recommend it... it is so cheap!

on 9/27/2002 10:41:00 PM

I used to love using MAC Studio Fix. Then the cashier at my local drugstore absolutely insisted that I try NYC Pressed Powder... she said (and I agree completely) that it is even better. It gives a beautiful matte texture, and stays on and on. And it's 1/10th the price! Can't do better than that. This is a must-try if you are a Studio Fix user.

Recommended for Normal Skin