April 20, 2014 | 1712 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The most wonderful mascara in the world!!! And it's $3?!?! I can't describe the lashes I get with this....I will have to post a pic. People constantly ask if I'm wearing falsies and then act shocked/insulted when I deny that I'm wearing fakes....almost like they want to say "yeah, riiiight, those are NOT your real lashes". This stuff is so great I want to go back and delete any decent reviews of other mascaras!! This gives you HUGE, dramatic, super long lashes!! If you are wanting a natural look don't even try this!! I will say that I wish the brush came out with less product on the wand (no biggie, I just wipe it off) but for a mere $3 who can complain about that?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hg mascara is the maybelline full n' soft one but I wanted to try something new. I saw a lot of great reviews on this mascara so I picked up a tube at my local Walgreens.

Pros:
-Definitely gives volume and length to my lashes
- inexpensive

Cons:
-difficult to wash for not being waterproof. My ponds cold cream takes off my maybelline WP mascara so easily but with this jordana mascara, I had to use Neutrogena eye remover and then my cold cream.
- too much formula on wand. I have to scrape off a lot in tube
- doesn't hold curl well, ESPecially if I use this mascara on its own

I will use up this mascara but will not purchase again. Gonna stick to my HG mascara: maybelline full n' soft waterproof!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the closest I've ever come to the perfect mascara, HG status for sure! This mascara almost makes me look like I'm wearing falsies, and I have wimpy lashes, it really is incredible the difference this makes. My only complaints are that the formula is kind of wet, and you have to be careful how much you have on your brush or it will go on gloppy, and it's a little hard to wash off considering it's not supposed to be waterproof. That being said though, it doesn't flake, it holds a curl, and it wears like iron all while looking fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by paigerwaiger94

I went from Benefit's badgal lash, which, at 30$, i was only sort of impressed with, to this 3$ mascara, that I totally fell in love with. This stuff is seriously awesome. It works better than my volume express, which was my favorite, prior to this. AWESOME MASCARA.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by AMakeupAddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My new favorite mascara! If you're looking for dramatic lashes, look no further. This will lengthen and thicken lashes to the point where it leaves you baffled at the potential you never knew your lashes had!

Initially, I was hesitant about purchasing this due to the fact that there is no waterproof version. I like waterproof mascaras because they hold curled lashes really well. However, for $3, I was willing to take my chances. I was pleasantly surprised to see that this mascara did hold the curl! Here's the technique I found to work best: curl lashes at base, then in the middle, finally at the tips. I like to hold my curler in place for about 10 seconds. This way, I can get an extreme curl lasting me all day. I also found that I can apply coats after it dries for even more drama without clumping.

So, in short...

PROS:
1) Holds a curl
2) Easily removed
3) Lengthens
4) Adds a TON of volume
5) Extremely black despite "black" being the only color
6) Does not clump
7) $3

CONS:
1) Leaves you disappointed about all the money you spent on high end mascaras that just can't compare.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

One of the best mascaras I have ever used. And for 2.99 I can buy it with pocket change.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by jennarosetti

Holy Geez! I have been paying $30 for high end mascara when I could be paying $3 for something way more amazing. This is the blackest mascara I have ever tried. It provides both volume and length and holds a curl. One coat provides thick, flawless lashes which has everyone wondering if I am wearing lash strips. Simply AMAZING!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by opheliae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i'm very on the fence about this product. yes the formula has A LOT of potential as far as volume but i've never had such a hyped up product be so much of a hassle. this does get very clumpy very fast and the brush deposits way too much product if you don't mess with it before. also many times it difficult to get a feathery softer look on the ends of your lashes and you will have too much volume or even worse, chunks, on the ends of your lashes. i was really expecting more with this MUA rating especially considering i had never been disappointed by a item raved on MUA before.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by ybauer

Amazing mascara. Truly gives length and volume and no smudging. You have to get this withiut regret.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by skort

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I went on here and saw all the negative reviews this mascara has been getting lately, and wondered "Why are these beotches talkin' smack about my baby?" No but seriously. I don't throw around the term HG often, and this is truly HG for me. I've tried just about every drugstore mascara there is, and a few high end, and this is the mascara that I cling to for dear life. You can find it at Walgreens, Kmart, or CherryCulture.com.

PROS:
- Jet Black
- Seriously lengthening. I have extremely stubby lashes and this mascara doubles the length of them.
- Volumizing. Not as volumizing as something like L'Oreal Voluminous, but definitely volumizing.
- Doesn't smudge on me throughout the day, even though it's not waterproof.
- Holds a curl well. I usually end up recurling my lashes after about 4 hours of wearing this, which is fine by me.
- Costs 3 freaking dollars. Need I say more?

CONS:
- Not natural looking. If you like the natural look, this is NOT the mascara for you. If I put more than one layer of this on, it looks like falsies.
- No waterpoof formula. I don't find that this smudges, but if you have oily eyelids and you're super-paranoid about smudges, this may not be for you. I do find that layering a waterproof formula over it, such as Maybelline Full n' Soft, seals it in and keeps it from smudging even while swimming.
- No Dark Brown color. I really wish they had a brown color for daytime, as I am quite pale and the black looks a bit dramatic for the day.

All in all, this is hands-down my favorite mascara. If you like dramatic lashes, go to Walgreens. Buy it. Thank me later.

NOTE: Make sure you are buying the black tube with the PURPLE writing. Not the pink writing! Purple.
ANOTHER NOTE: If you're looking for this at Walgreens, it's slightly difficult to find. The display is usually very small, and located at the makeup checkout area near where the Sinful Colors nail polishes are.

29 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No