September 2, 2014 | 2196 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

after hearing all of the positive things fellow MUA-ers had to say about this, i figured I'd finally give it a try. Up till trying this, my HG mascara was waterproof maybelline falsies flared.

I found this easily at Walgreens, for I think 2.99-ish or so.

packaging is nothing special, but i'm not a huge fan of the brush/wand. It gets the job done, but I've used better. i prefer the curved ones.

the formula isn't waterproof, but somehow it still holds a curl just as well as waterproof, and it doenst smudge. Even better, its not as difficult to remove as waterproof formulas are! I use a baby wipe, and the regular face cleanser, and it's all off.

the brush tends to pick up too much product, so I have to be very careful not to apply too much. I apply to the tips first, and then from the roots to the ends, and only go over each area from roots to ends of lashes no more than 2 times. with other mascaras i go over each area 3 or 4 time to get the buildup i want, but with this its really easy to over-do it!

all in all, i am VERY impressed! this adds both length and volume, and as long as I'm cautious it doenst get all clumpy. I'll definately re-purchase in the future, and I'm greatful to MUA for this rec!

UPDATE (11/1/12): SO, every time since the forst time i've used this, it has been goopy-- REALLY goopy. as in its impossible not to get clumpy spider lashes unless i wipe almost ALL of the product off the wand and THEN apply. I'm thinking of adding in a few drops of salene solution to thin it out a bit, and then i'll try again.

*is sad, and takes off 2 lippies*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I haven't used a drugstore mascara in 10 years as they all smudge on me. I've stuck with tubing mascara usually alternating between Kiss me and Trish. I've tried some of the latest and greatest mascaras here and there but they all smudged. I had to run into Walgreens last week and while there I saw the Jordana display (never noticed it before) and I decided on a whim to just pick it up. Honestly I figuring it would end up in the trash the next day. It did not. Damn if this stuff does not flake or smudge. At all. I slept in it the first night (upper and lower lashes) and woke up smudge free. No irritated eyes. Nothing. My lashes looked great. This is just unheard of with regular mascara (non-tubing).

I do find it needs a comb through after application but I comb my lashes with every mascara I use. It is a little bit heavy on my lashes and weighs them down a tiny bit but I'm playing with application technique to see if I can minimize that issue.

Overall this is a great product. The fact that it's $3 is icing on the cake. For this crazy price you should at least give it a try.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Pattycakesquare

I adore this mascara!!! First of all, it's the cheapest around. I get it at Walgreen's for $2.99, and it's well worth it!! The brush is excellent, very similar to L'Oreal voluminous. The color is also excellent, very nice, rich black. The formula is very thick, so you may need to scrape off a little first. One coat is really all you need, two if you want to go a little more dramatic. It adds length and volume better than anything else I've tried-and I've used the higher end mascaras too. And, this formula is very long lasting. I don't even need to do a makeup check at work, because I know it didn't smear all over my face. It washes off nice, doesn't pull out any lashes while getting it off either. Go get one, because you won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried 40 mascaras in the last 4 years, department store to drugstore and everything between. This is without a doubt one of my favorites ever! $3 at Walgreens and dark black. Doesn't flake or smudge and gives me SUPER dramatic volume... I was asked if my lashes were real, which I believe has only happened with one other mascara (Avon SuperShock). My lashes are naturally long, but not dark or thick, so I am always wanting a plush look. This delivers! At first application, I felt it was a little wet but workable. After a week, the formula was perfection. Around 3.5 weeks, it started to thicken a bit, which means only that I stop at 2 coats instead of going for 3. I'm very impressed with this mascara and will absolutely be repurchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by paradox13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

love love love this mascara! never thought i will find a mascara that can give me length and volume and will not flake.

Lets talk about the good things first. It can lengthen, it coats my lashes well (without building a million layers), creates volume, easy to get off , holds my curl.... and it is cheap . it does not flake, smudge, have a crazy big wand or irritate my eyes(contact wearer hello!)

now the downsides - it is a little hard to get a hold off. i got mine in walgreens but i haven't seen jordana in all DS. It can clump and is not the blackest of mascaras. First time i used this mascara , it was clump city! I wiped the wand and after that there is just enough product on the wand to get the job done.

I love this mascara and will continue to repurchase. Buying 2/3 backups next time i am at walgreens

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by tishmfey

I love this stuff! And the price is great. It layers well, it's not watery, it doesn't clump and it stays put through a surf despite it not being the waterproof version. The brush is smaller but I like it better for this particular mascara; seems to go on thicker that way. I prefer this mascara to Full N' Soft.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by DolledUpMisfit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I should start off by saying that I'm a mascara junkie. I've only really found a few mascaras that I'm satisfied with. But I always get bored with them after a few weeks. I'm also obsessed with trying cheap beauty products. That being said, I LOVE this mascara. On first use, I immediately noticed how black and thick my lashes were. If I had the patience, I'd wear falsies everyday, but with this I don't have to. My lashes are fairy long so I'm more than okay with the very subtle lengthening. I can wash my face with this on and it doesn't go all over the place, just washes right off! It doesn't smudge, flake, or make my lashes spidery or rock hard. The only issue I have is that I have to wipe the wand off on a tissue for excess, but I haven't met a mascara that I don't have to do that with. So at three dollars, I really recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by kimball

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Haven't written a review in a while, but this garners one! Lengthens, thickens,nice dark black and as inexpensive as they come. I've used the priciest of them all from time to time and this is up there with them. Pretty amazing IMHO. Buy it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by hobosmiles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love thick, black lashes. If they're clumpy near the base, I don't really care, as long as my lashes aren't in a giant clump. This mascara just gives perfectly black, voluminized lashes. In one coat, it gives perfect, daily definition, in two coats it's glam, and in 3, it's "hello drag queen!". Initially it's very wet which can lead it to be clumpy, just wait 2 weeks or so, and it becomes the perfect consistency! Doesn't hold a curl too well, but also doesn't flake and removes easily. Definitely recommend as it's a good mascara, but not the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by REE43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG I am so excited about this product. I have very scarse barely there eyelashes from a thyroid problem I practically lost them all had thyroid cancer and they disappeared! Ive tried EVERY brand out there and am amazed that this inexpensive mascara brought my lashes back. It is magical it got the thinnest lashes and actually coated them to make it look like I have some lashes. I am so happy for this and I hope it sticks arounfd only found this at Kmart and have a feeling it is one of those brands that may disappear like Jane did
LOVE THIS