Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 8/17/2005 9:47:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is way too drying and doesn't remove makeup well at all.

on 8/16/2005 4:42:00 PM

I have purchased this cleanser twice. I like the scent and that it keeps away breakouts without too much drying. I have trouble with the bottles though - after the bottle is about half empty the pump starts to stick in the down position. It happened both times, so I don't think I was just unlucky.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product does not cleanse very well. After a few days' use, I started breaking out all over my face. Then I noticed that after cleansing with it and applying toner, there was quite a bit of dirt on the cotton ball. I tried using a lot of this product and washing really really well, but I still end up with dirt (this never happened with my previous cleanser). I guess it is good for people with sensitive skin, but not for oily skin types.

on 8/8/2005 1:49:00 PM

This is ok so far - i have combo skin which gets clogged pores and hormonal spots. My spots had been getting out of control and I was in need of something to tame them. This seems to be gradually clearing my skin but it isn't brilliant - there has been no effect on my blackheads and it does dry my skin out a little - it doesn't feel tight, but there are more flakes than usual, so I have to follow with a gentle exfoliator (clinique 7 day scrub - normally not exfoliating enough, but fits the purpose now).

on 7/31/2005 2:51:00 PM

i like this cleanser. it prevents acne plus it does not dry my face unlike other cleansers. its very gentle yet very effective.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I like this foaming cleanser, like the mild scent, not overdrying, and cleans effectively. (i use this on my no makeup days) I do't know does it work for preventing pimples, but this keeps my oily skin in a fresh touch, at least no breakout for me.

on 7/17/2005 11:09:00 PM

it's an okay product. i've almost used up the bottle now but i don't think it particularly cleared up my acne-prone skin. there's definitely a problem with the pump cuz it gets stuck after using it for a while. too expensive for an average foaming cleanser.

on 7/13/2005 11:55:00 PM

I like the Aveeno foaming cleanser. I use the whole Clear Complexion line and my acne hasn't been getting worse, yet I still have it. I am switching to the bar now, but I like this cleanser.

on 7/10/2005 5:06:00 PM

I have been using this cleanser for awhile now (maybe 6 bottles?) and it is a staple for me; however, it is not perfect.

It's inexpensive (about $6--so don't expect miracles! You won't get the end-all beauty product for $6) and a bottle lasts a long time, since it is foam. You can get away with 1 pump per wash if you're conservative. It suds/foams up very nice, and I think it's good for sensitive skin as I can get it right in my eyes and not be bothered. It does have salicylic acid (0.5%, i think) in it though. I alternate between this and one other cleanser, though. I use this one in the morning and another (which I bounce around, haven't found a staple) at night. This way my face doesn't get immune to this cleasner. When I first started using this my skin cleared right up, but after awhile my break-outs came back.

This is as good of a cleanser as you can get for $6: gentle, cleansing, doesn't dry your skin, helps acne.

on 7/8/2005 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Speaking from pure personal experience, all I can say is keep away from this product. It doesn't clean all that well, leaving me with a few more pimples than I noramally experience. It also left my face looking somewhat dull.