October 25, 2014 | 938 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2005 5:06:00 PM More reviews by slok87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this cleanser for awhile now (maybe 6 bottles?) and it is a staple for me; however, it is not perfect.

It's inexpensive (about $6--so don't expect miracles! You won't get the end-all beauty product for $6) and a bottle lasts a long time, since it is foam. You can get away with 1 pump per wash if you're conservative. It suds/foams up very nice, and I think it's good for sensitive skin as I can get it right in my eyes and not be bothered. It does have salicylic acid (0.5%, i think) in it though. I alternate between this and one other cleanser, though. I use this one in the morning and another (which I bounce around, haven't found a staple) at night. This way my face doesn't get immune to this cleasner. When I first started using this my skin cleared right up, but after awhile my break-outs came back.

This is as good of a cleanser as you can get for $6: gentle, cleansing, doesn't dry your skin, helps acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2005 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Kristeenie

Speaking from pure personal experience, all I can say is keep away from this product. It doesn't clean all that well, leaving me with a few more pimples than I noramally experience. It also left my face looking somewhat dull.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2005 1:18:00 PM More reviews by sfbubbly

PROS: Mild pleasant scent; foam has has a nice soft feel; removes makeup pretty well without overdrying; easy to find at drugstores. CONS: Pump breaks after a few weeks; requires several pumps to get enough product to clean the face; the salicylic acid seems to be only a marketing tactic as there is too little of it and the product does not have the correct pH for it to actually exfoliate. SUMMARY: Won't purchase again, mostly because of the nonfunctioning pump. Try Purpose, Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser, Oil of Olay Foaming Sensitive Skin Wash, or Clean & Clear Sensitive Skin Foaming Cleanser instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2005 8:26:00 AM More reviews by manoushka

Back in March I would have recommended this product. I felt like I was a spokesperson I loved and talked about this product so much it realy worked; but all of a sudden out of no where my skin began to break out. I would not recommend this product it is only a short fix. Depending on your skin type it does not seem to have enough medication in it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2005 9:55:00 PM More reviews by bethany117

This is a pretty good cleanser. I have very sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate like many other face cleansers. But it didn't really didn't do much in the way of preventing blemishes. Not a terrible cleanser, but I will probably continue to search for a better one.Update: Started using it again, doing much better to prevent blemishes. Will continue to buy, although the dispenser sticks once you you get to the bottom of the bottle, but I'll live with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2005 12:05:00 PM More reviews by fourthsangel

I love this product! I did think it was a little expensive for a drugstore product, but I love the pump bottle, the smell ,and the fresh feeling it leaves on my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2005 12:53:00 PM More reviews by stawberry1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product has done NOTHING for my skin. What a big dissapointment.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2005 6:52:00 AM More reviews by mandyjane28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product, I read great reviews and have used the body products and loved them! I even had a friend send me the whole Clear Complexion regime to me from America as I can't get it here in London!! Alas I have found that this is just drying for my skin. After 3 days of using it I noticed that under my eyes and around my nose I had flaky bits of skin and I was itchy around the chin area. I stopped using it and started on Murad C Cleanser which fixed it up! I didn't want to give up hope though and tried again..this time nothing happened, and I do mean NOTHING!! I can't really see a big improvement, and my skins texture has not improved. I'll see how I go in the next few weeks!! (The moisturiser that goes with it is quite good!)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2005 12:09:00 AM More reviews by stef1221

I like this cleanser because it leaves my skin feeling really clean but never dry. Keeps breakouts at bay and has a really nice smell. But as others have said the pump does break and its annoying

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2005 2:43:00 PM More reviews by mcearley

I generally like the product and the foaming lather. It does seeem to help my face not break out yet not dry my sensitive skin. However, the pump always breaks! I have bought/used over 6 bottles. The pump starts sticking about 1/2 way through the bottle,and then you have to manually move it up and down to get any product out. Very annoying! I'm still using it until I can find a better cleanser. I never have any eye irritation with this and I use it over my eyes to remove eye makeup. It leaves a bit of the mascara, but not too bad. EDIT: I still like this cleaser, but it didn't remove all my eye makeup, and the pump was so annoying. I have recently switched to Paula's Choice Skin Balancing cleaser which removes my eye makeup better and still doesn't strip my skin.