Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 10/22/2005 4:03:00 PM

this cleanser did nothing for my complexion, except make it very dry! after using it a few times i started breaking out all over my face. it did not remove my makeup that well either. deffinately will never buy again.

on 9/15/2005 4:05:00 AM

I love this cleanser and have been using it for more than two years! I have combination skin and this cleanser doesn't dry my face out. It's a very good price for the quality. This cleanser actually cleans your face very well if you apply directly to your DRY face and massage. It does not remove makeup but I use it after using cleansing oil.

on 9/3/2005 12:40:00 AM

I have a slightly oily/combination skin type, and with this product, I've enjoyed using it because it effectively reduces redness and swelling from break outs.

What I do is that before I use it, I make sure my skin is well exfoliated.
Ever heard of how your skin "slurps up (quickly absorbs)" moisturizers after exfoliating?

If not, it really does.
Your skin is so much smoother and your dead skin cells aren't blocking your deeper layers of skin from receiving the medication from Aveeno's Clear Complexion foaming cleanser.

The only con is that the pump does tend to get stuck after you've pressed it down, and you pretty much have to pull it back up before pumping again.
After washing (and I usually do all this before I go to bed), and drying, I use Aveeno's moisturizer, but the one for blemishes and for preventing break outs. Try this combination, sleep, and see the difference the next morning.

I hope this has helped you as much as it helped me!

on 8/17/2005 9:47:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is way too drying and doesn't remove makeup well at all.

on 8/16/2005 4:42:00 PM

I have purchased this cleanser twice. I like the scent and that it keeps away breakouts without too much drying. I have trouble with the bottles though - after the bottle is about half empty the pump starts to stick in the down position. It happened both times, so I don't think I was just unlucky.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product does not cleanse very well. After a few days' use, I started breaking out all over my face. Then I noticed that after cleansing with it and applying toner, there was quite a bit of dirt on the cotton ball. I tried using a lot of this product and washing really really well, but I still end up with dirt (this never happened with my previous cleanser). I guess it is good for people with sensitive skin, but not for oily skin types.

on 8/8/2005 1:49:00 PM

This is ok so far - i have combo skin which gets clogged pores and hormonal spots. My spots had been getting out of control and I was in need of something to tame them. This seems to be gradually clearing my skin but it isn't brilliant - there has been no effect on my blackheads and it does dry my skin out a little - it doesn't feel tight, but there are more flakes than usual, so I have to follow with a gentle exfoliator (clinique 7 day scrub - normally not exfoliating enough, but fits the purpose now).

on 7/31/2005 2:51:00 PM

i like this cleanser. it prevents acne plus it does not dry my face unlike other cleansers. its very gentle yet very effective.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I like this foaming cleanser, like the mild scent, not overdrying, and cleans effectively. (i use this on my no makeup days) I do't know does it work for preventing pimples, but this keeps my oily skin in a fresh touch, at least no breakout for me.

on 7/17/2005 11:09:00 PM

it's an okay product. i've almost used up the bottle now but i don't think it particularly cleared up my acne-prone skin. there's definitely a problem with the pump cuz it gets stuck after using it for a while. too expensive for an average foaming cleanser.