Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have extremely dry, eczema skin and I wanted to try the original Healthy Mix foundation. I heard about the serum version, which is ment to be better for dry skin so i decided to give it a try. It's £10.99 from boots.

COLOUR: I got the shade 51. I have pink undertones and this seems a bit orange on me but after a while it settles down. It's quite dark though.

COVERAGE: it's weird when you first apply it. i put it on and thought this is hardly colored, it's light. but after a second thin layer it seemed medium coverage and looked really nice.

WEAR: not so good. i exfoliate and moisturize well before using it but still it manages to cling to dry patchs, seperate and go orangey. it might be the powder i'm using (collection 2000 sheer loose powder in translucent) which might be whats drying it out.

PRICE: I think it's more of a expensive drugstore foundation but it's more afforable than mac or other high end brands.

I don't think i would repurchase this because of the colour and the way it wears on my skin. I'd recommend it for normal skin rather than dry skin.

on 8/7/2012 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in the shade #52 Vanilla. This matches my asian skin perfectly. It is also a really light foundation for the hot humid weather in Singapore where the temperatures are on an average of 37.5 degrees celsius. It has a light fruity scent which makes it a delight to put on and very easy to blend. It's so lightweight, you can hardly feel like you're wearing any foundation at all. This does not break me out but it does not control the oilies very well. I have to blot once or twice throughout the day. Also, this product has a semi-matte finishing which I do like because completely matte finishes feels very flat and fake. This really makes your skin look healthy although it's light to medium coverage. It would cover unevenness in your skin tone but it won't hide blemishes/scars well so a concealer is required. In addition, you would need to wear a sunscreen underneath it since this has no spf. But I don't mind that one bit since I've read that sunscreen in your foundations/powders/tinted moisturizer are insufficient and that it's better to apply a separate sunscreen. It isn't very cheap here in (36.90sgd) but there are regular periods where they have a 20% off on these. Another downside may be that there's only 3 shades of this foundation available in singapore and that you can't really tell when you're finishing this product because it's not like the non-serum foundation where it's pushed up so you know exactly how much you have left. I would still recommend trying it out. :)

on 8/6/2012 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am very pale, as my pictures can attest to. I bought this in 51 Vanilla Clair from eBay and I am absolutely in love.

The texture is light, but the coverage is medium, and buildable. The tone is neutral, so it doesn't make my face too yellow or too pink which tends to happen with most foundations.

My skin feels velvety with it on, and it doesn't require a powder to set on my combination/sensitive skin. The fragrance is light, and not overpowering and my skin doesn't react to it.

This might replace my BB creams, and it's less expensive than the yaby foundation in Ivory that I have been depending on for summer. My only issue is how hard it is to find, but I am determined. This IS my new IT foundation.

Great except it makes my face look like an oil slick. No can do. Throwing it away.

on 7/25/2012 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product lives up to the hype! I wanted to see what all the fuss was about & was lucky enough to get my hands on this product even though I live in the US (no retailers & generally unavailable). It is truly amazing! I wore this for a hot summer wedding & it held up fabulously & looked great even in flash photos.
------------------------
MY SKIN TYPE --- NC 20 with very dry skin. My dry skin can be flaky & patchy yet I still get oily/sweaty in the summer just like anyone else so finding a foundation that doesn't emphasize my dryness yet also doesn't break down with oils is crazy difficult. I used 52 Vanille & it's a great match without making me look washed out.
------------------------
TEXTURE --- This product applies wonderfully. It applies like a thin liquid yet it won't run all over if you place a dot on your hand. It feels like I'm applying a non-greasy yet moisturizing lotion. It sets almost immediately so you don't have to powder if you don't want to. How does it do this magic?!
------------------------
FINISH --- This leaves a dewy finish so people concerned with oil or shine should be wary. However, you can easily take it down a notch with a powder. I personally don't mind this aspect because I have dry skin so the moisturizing look and feel is quite nice. It doesn't feel at all heavy & literally looks and feels just like skin.
------------------------
PACKAGING --- Comes in a narrow tall 1fl. oz bottle with a white plastic pump. At first glance I thought I was getting much less product because it felt so much lighter than my other 1fl oz. foundations but it's because the bottle itself is made of a hard plastic that looks and feels like glass, just without the added weight. This has proven to be simply amazing for travel!
------------------------
SCENT --- I am a person who is adverse to strong "old lady perfume" scents. I hate the smell of MISSHA bb cream for example. This product smells absolutely divine! The scent is so wonderful that I find it instantly relaxing & soothing. It's a soft mix between fruity and floral & very hard to explain. They've managed to find a way to scent a product with just the right amount of each so that it's a neutral scent & very pleasing to the nose.
------------------------
PRICE & AVAILABILITY --- The price is not so terrible, about 20USD but it is just not available anywhere in the US which is such a bummer.
------------------------
OVERALL --- It also smells great, applies effortlessly, and has the best packaging ever. It is moisturizing for my skin, it does not feel heavy or greasy, the coverage is good (medium) and it lasts. So this is what "holy grail product" means.

on 7/25/2012 5:07:00 AM

HG foundation! After trying countless foundations from Maybelline to Chanel over the years, I have finally found my all time favourite.
This melts beautifully into the skin to the point where you look airbrushed with a luminous glow lit from within (but not in an oily way). With a thin layer of Maybelline's dream matte powder, it lasts my entire working day. Most impressively, this is the first foundation in my 7 year search that has not caused me to break out or develop a slight rash, which is fantastic because it allows me to use it everyday.
For reference, I am NW15 with slightly yellow undertones and # 51 blends in seamlessly.
The packaging is also very classy, with a hygenic pump dispenser rather than a nasty hole other drugstore foundations use! God forbid they ever change the formula or discontinue this stuff! The original healthy mix foundation is also amazing!

on 7/23/2012 10:17:00 AM

hands down the best drugstore foundation!! i am normally a huge fan of nars sheer glow but wanted a drug store one to wear during the day and took the plunge and bought this after reading lots of reviews, i have the original healthy mix but didnt quite get on with it like i have this one. This particular foundation provides the natural finish i was looking for, given it doesnt look like my exact color in the bottle once on the skin this foundation blends like a dream, it is a neutral undertone compared to my nars which i believe is more yellow based but works all the same, it is light and even though it claims 16 hur wear i believe it lasts for much less, but this is one of those foundations that fades very nicely, no patches just gradually fades, also another thing i love is i can reapply and it never looks cakey, it provides me with a satin/dewy finish and though i do have combination skin i find this somehow works well with my skin. will forever repurchase this product and would highly recommend that everyone try it if they are within the shade range as you will not be disappointed. my small quibble is i wish it were more like the original healthy mix in that you can tell how much product is left.

on 7/21/2012 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I usually don't use liquid foundations as I have very oily skin so u usually use mac studio fix powder plus nc15 so i thought I would give this a go as my best friend told me how much she loved it I bought this in shade 52 I love that it is yellow based it glides on your skin seamlessly it gives your skin a healthy dewy glow i love that it feels like you don't have any foundation on yet covers all my imperfections although I only use this during the day as I would prefer more coverage for a night out overall Its a really good foundation

on 7/18/2012 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in shade 52 and it is perfect for my skin tone, it has such a smooth texture when you put it on, it doesn't make your skin feel greasy and it doesn't make your skin feel sticky either, I just love this foundation so much. It has great coverage too!! I've never been a big fan of liquid foundations because I find they look a bit more cakey than powdered foundations, but this one does not look cakey in the slightest, it looks so smooth. This is great for in the summer too, when I run out of this, I may consider buying a new one, but I have to say it was fairly expensive at £11.99 I think it was. But a fantastic foundation overall! The ONLY downside to this is that i would reccomend setting this product with powder as it can slide of your face slightly else.

on 7/18/2012 6:46:00 AM

This is a great foundation. I'm Asian, with oily-combination skin and my shade is 53 Beige Clair, and this works really well for me, evening out skintone and concealing redness. I like its sheer coverage as I don't want to look like I've got a tonne of makeup on. I only wish it had a moving base pump like the regular Healthy Mix, and I hate that it's double the UK price here in Australia. A great foundation, but not worth the amount the Australian cosmetic industry charges.