July 30, 2014 | 1847 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by maiiiyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good foundation for those who don't like heavy make-up for the day but still needs that even skin tone. However, obviously not so good as a night or going out foundation (prbly melt in the hour haha)! Nonetheless, it's a light-weight formula and gives nice even coverage. Also isn't yellow based like many foundations (a big peeve of mine). One thing I really dislike about it is the SMELL! I get pretty frustrated with the strong perfume but like the formula so have to bare it!! =(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by cupcakecheris

This product smells great!Apart from the fruity scent, the pigmentation color in this product resembles my skintone very much. I love how it glides on my face like a second skin and at the same time, producing a dewy finish. However, this product gives a very light coverage and does not last long in humid weather. Do note that this foundation does not contain any oil control properties. My skin became very oily within 2 hours of use.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 7:34:00 AM More reviews by iloveseth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation after finding the original Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation a little too sticky on my skin, it became very oily quickly and oxidized, but as I LOVE Bourjois I really wanted to try this foundation. And I am so glad I did! It goes on so smoothly and evenly, no caking or streaky patches. It gives my skin a lovely glowy look and hides my uneven skin-tone a the few spots I have.

My only gripe is that I doesn't last as long as I would like (but considerably longer that the original Healthy Mix), but my skin is quite oily, but when I set it with a good finishing power it lasts and lasts! This foundation is perfect if you want a very natural look, and not heavy masquey full coverage.

Hope this was helpful!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by chavagitlin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

pros:
-very natural
-healthy glowy finish
-low, buildable coverage
-feels great on skin
-excellent staying power!
-great for traveling since the bottle is plastic, and slim
-great colors- not too orange and not too pink
cons:
-if your looking for a full coverage foundation, this is not the one for you.
-not matte: not great for summer on my combination skin.

overall, a realy great everyday foundation that is inexpensive and long lasting. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by kocoannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot fault this foundation. This is my everyday foundation and it feels amazing on my skin. I keep it in the fridge which helps maintain the longevity of the prouduct.

I use number 52 and it is the perfect match for my fair colouring. This foundation is also ideal for dry skin as it has some moisturising properties - it also doesn't break out my skin if I forget to wash it off after a long night!

This foundation is absolutely amazing and it gives a medium coverage and it looks very dewy and natural once applied. Sometimes I use a foundation brush but mostly I just use my fingertips.

I always buy two of these foundations at once so that way I'm never without, that's how much I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by shari_sp2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am still on the fence about this foundation. I have very fair, dry, sensitive, aging skin so was looking for something light with decent coverage and a dewy finish. This foundation got so many great reviews and is even recommended by a top UK celebrity makeup artist on YouTube as being great for mature skin, so when my drugstore finally carried it, I picked up a bottle in the lightest shade 51-Light Vanilla. Now maybe I just have an overdeveloped sense of smell, but the scent smells very "old lady perfumey" to me, not fruity at all and not pleasant. It gives a very sheer coverage, a bit more than a tinted moisturizer but definitely not cakey in any way, and a natural finish (I usually prefer more of a dewy look though) but within a week of using it, I started to break out, a few bumps here and there, and I almost never break out, my skin doesn't produce enough oil on its own to break out. I'm sure it is whatever oil or fragrance gives off that perfumey scent, but I've since stopped using it and my skin is clearing up. I am testing another foundation now (Lancome Renergie Lift, which I am loving so far!) and when I finish my Lancome sample I might give Healthy Mix one more try. I paid over $30 for this drugstore foundation so I am reluctant to give up on it just yet! Will update once I've given it a good second try, but if I breakout again, this will go up for swap for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by beyondtheskyline

Finding the perfect foundation for pale skin can be pretty tricky but I bought Bourjois healthy mix serum in 52 and its brilliant!

1.It gives a good overall coverage, its good as it covers all imperfections, also gave a nice matte finish so no need for powder!

2.The texture of the foundation is really light and you don't need alot one pump did my whole face and it went on really smoothly.

3.It's also quite moisturising but always moisturise anyway!

4. I bought this foundation this morning and it does stay on all day not had to re-touch once which is a change... a good change obviously

5. I have normal/dry skin and it goes on perfectly it doesn't dry out my skin or leave it oily as its not a heavy foundation so it will accommodate for all skin types!

so overall a really good product 10/10 from me!

xx

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by ural0000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I already liked the original healthy mix foundation, but had to use a primer underneath as it tended to emphasize the pores over my nose - with this one, Bourjois seem to have fixed that problem.

It's a semi-matte, light-ish coverage foundation - with a primer it doesn't quite last all day, but the staying power is still very decent. It looks by no means heavy and can be used just in patches to even out the skin tone without having to put on full "war paint".
51 Vanille Clair suits my fairly pale skin (again, this seems to be a better match than the original helathy mix).

I would say probably the best liquid foundation at drugstore/low-mid range level.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by poof126

I've always hated liquid foundation - I could never find a shade that matches perfectly, and there always seemed to be a problem - too greasy, or too dry, too much coverage, not enough coverage, and generally just looked fake. So before this I never really used liquid foundation, I survived with my trusty powder

I LOVE THIS! It's perfect perfect in every single way. Just enough coverage, but still looks exactly like skin. I'm using shade 53 and it matches my skin perfectly. Super easy to blend, and lasts a reasonable time, and doesn't rub off! Definitely repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

Beautiful foundation. Feels very light, goes on so smoothly and blends very easily into the skin. It provides a light coverage, so if you're looking for heavy coverage - I wouldn't recommend it. But if you're looking for a foundation that basically evens out the skin-tone without looking like you're wearing foundation - I recommend it to you! It has a very natural-looking finish. Smells good and claims to be rich in vitamins! The packaging says the formula contains vitamins from lychee, pomegranate and goji berries. This foundation is only available in 6 shades, however. I wear 55 Dark Beige. It's a perfect match for my olive/tan skin. The only downside to this product is - as the day goes on, it gradually loses it's lustre/radiance.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No