Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

on 6/25/2012 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was looking for a foundation for work and after seeing the reviews on this foundation I thought I would try it for myself.

As a colour code I am a MAC NW15 and had quite a lot of trouble selecting the Bourjois colour for me. Bourjois' foundations are on the yellow side therefore it was difficult for me to match their shades with my skin. I got around this by bringing one of the foundations I already have out with me and using the colour in the bottle to select the relevant Bourjois shade. I know that's a little strange but it was the only way that I could tell that the 51 shade was going to be the best match. On wearing the foundation it blends perfectly to my neck without leaving a orange tide - the colour does not change on my skin after a few hours either.

As per the majority of the reviews here I love this foundation and I feel it is one of the best budget products on the market. It performs as good as a high end product but costs only £10.99. That is without using it in conjunction with one of the usual offers available such as "Buy one get one half price" or "3 for 2".

Bourjois have two versions of this foundation. Healthy Mix serum which is good for dry skin and Healthy Mix foundation which is good for oily/combination skin. It is important that people recognise their skin type before selecting the foundation as the formulas perform differently.

I like the glass bottle and pump as I feel it is hygenic. The pump delivered a perfect sized blob enough to cover the face without wastage. The serum formula is a soft light liquid - not serumy at all but this is a bonus as it is blended well into skin.

This foundations gives light coverage and is good for people who do not want heavy coverage. It can be built up if a medium coverage is needed but probably is not suited for those that wish to cover very red blemishes or large spots.

This is a good day to day foundation and is well worth a try and 5 lippies.

on 6/24/2012 2:29:00 PM

I kept going back and forth between a 5 and a 3 for the overall rating here. Let me explain ...

This foundation blends SEAMLESSLY (better than any other I've ever used, and I have used a lot). It smells fantastic and it feels like you're not wearing anything on your face!

On the other hand, though it starts off looking dewy and fresh, it rather quickly turns you into an oil slick if you have anything but dry skin. I have combination skin but this stuff actually made me question whether it was oily. Also, if you have anything beyond a couple blemishes, I wouldn't recommend this. I have to use a loooot of concealer to make my face look even.

Overall, I would recommend this whole heartedly to anyone who is looking for light, natural, fresh coverage and I myself will be giving it another try in the winter when my skin is a) dry and b) clearer. Will update then!

on 6/13/2012 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Favorite liquid foundation! I don't really see oily skin users liking this product, but I think they should try this because it kind of keep the oilies at bay and I actually like liquid foundations that are meant for the dry skin users instead of the oily ones because they actually provide better hydration and thus keeping oilies at bay.

I don't mind the sheer coverage because I think it has a rather decent coverage for my skin. I don't really have much acne-scarring but I wish they offer a better color range. I barely used a pump for my entire face anyway, so I'm alright with the coverage.

The smell of the foundation is divine and definitely a good product to turn away from the latex smelling foundations like Revlon Colorstay. It's a lightweight foundation thus my skin is able to breath through. This foundation also photographs beautifully because I believe there is pretty much no/minimal SPF content in this foundation so it looks like my natural skin, applied with Real Techniques Buffing Brush.

Longevity of the foundation is alright, definitely don't last up till 16 hours but a good ol' 8 hours is fine by me. Thus taking off one lippie.

Definitely repurchasing because I like lighter liquid foundations that actually provides rather decent benefits for the skin!

on 6/6/2012 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

It's my favorite foundation! looks very nice on the skin.
BUT I really hate packaging.. I damaged it three times!

on 6/3/2012 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh, I really like this. I planned to buy Vitalumiere Aqua, but the SA at the Chanel counter was too busy to serve me so I walked out, straight into Boots and bought this for one third of the price. And it's lovely. I wanted a lighter coverage for summer after wearing Revlon Colorstay and Pro Lumiere, and this does a really nice job. Sheer and glowy but with decent long-lasting coverage. Shade 51 Vanille Clair matches my NW10ish skin perfectly and blends in well. Really like the gel like consistency, with a buffer brush this takes less than a minute to apply and blend in.

It does have a floral/tea fragrance, and while I prefer makeup to be unfragranced usually it doesn't really bother me. The packaging claims 16 hours "even, revived complexion" and it *mostly* lives up to that. After a 10 hour day, I do need to powder my nose but otherwise it still holds up.

With its reasonable price, and lovely natural glowy coverage, this I will definitely purchase again.

on 5/26/2012 9:10:00 PM

Fantastic product.
Makes my skin look dewy and fresh for about 10 hours. I wear this with the teeeeeniest bit of powder on my nose and chin and I'm good to go all day.
I love the light, gel consistency of this. It feels like a light moisturizer.
Shade 52 is a pretty good match for my NW20 skin, although I might need to switch to a darker shade in summer.
A tip for other Aussie ladies: get this from 'ozpharmacyonline'. I only paid 19 bucks! (I think it's $32 in priceline).

on 5/21/2012 8:00:00 PM

This is my new HG foundation. Way better than my Chanel Vitalumiere aqua. This foundation has sheer to medium coverage and the result is skin liked and light weight. I layer my skin with one and half pump of foundation, applied with a sponge and the result is dewy (not greasy and shinny), natural, long lasting and doesnt trigger any breakouts. The smell of this foundation is also divine, small like Chanel hydramax foundation. Love it.....

on 5/16/2012 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this foundation - it makes my skin look natural and fell very soft.

on 5/14/2012 5:16:00 AM

I found this foundation after reading the reviews on MUA.

I absolutely adore it. I use a very small amount (one pump) to cover my entire face. I would say that the coverage is light to medium and it is buildable.

The last time I was colour matched at MAC I was NW20 but I think that may be a little light for me, or perhaps the undertone is just off because in Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua i'm B20 which is perfect and the beige undertone is great at covering redness.

Anyway... in Bourjois healthy mix serum i chose 53 which is great for me while i still have a little summer colour left on my face, neck and decolletage. It has a neutral to beige tone to it which is great.

This foundation is easy to blend, covers redness and broken capillaries on my cheeks really well - I do add a little more to really red areas - cheeks, chin, nose.

The scent is strong-ish initially but after a few minutes I don't notice it anymore. I don't find it unpleasant.

Not cakey at all, even with a light dusting of powder in my T zone which i need.

I use Becca shimmering skin perfecter along my cheek bones and temple to add a little luminosity because I don't find this foundation dewy once it has dried down.

It drops one lippie because I don't think it meets its 16 hour claim. I find this foundation looks great for probably 5 hours on me before a little shine appears in my T zone but it's not an oil slick, more like a natural glow to my skin. By the end of an 8 hour work day, I definitely have quite a bit of T zone shine and my skin no longer looks polished.

As for the claims of improving skin - I don't know. I haven't used it for 4 weeks yet.

Good value for money for a lower end brand. $32 in Australia compared with $70 for my Chanel and very easy to get my hands on.

Can't think of any real cons and I think someone looking for a reasonably natural finish and even skin tone will like this foundation providing you match your colour well.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love this product to the max! The color perfectly suits my skin in ALL kinds of lighting whether it is shade, fluorescent or direct it looks absolutely natural. I bought two different shades for the summer and for the winter because I tend to be lighter during winter. You only need half a dime size to cover the entire face, coverage is light to medium but is buildable. All foundation wether it is sheer or full coverage can have a full coverage when layered, every makeup is buildable. I think it is vital to put translucent powder over this foundation to make it last longer.
This is SUPA HG material right here guys!!!!!!!!