October 22, 2014 | 1836 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by rainstorm17

Like many others I had been wanting to get a Clarisonic but was just not willing to shell out the $$$. So after hearing about this and reading reviews on MUA and watching them on YouTube, I decided to try it. I'm so glad I did!!! I have been using for just over a month straight now, every night to wash my face, I use it on the gentle setting. I freakin love this thing!! It feels like a great massage for your face and really does make my skin products works better, and I can't believe how much softer it made my face just after the first time!! I also love that its so gentle. Best of all its gotten rid of those pesky flakes that would show up on my nose and cheeks!! I have also used it in the shower with no problems (I was a bit nervous about the saying "water resistant") and I had no problem putting the batteries in, I just read the instructions on the side of the box and got it on the first try!! Definitely worth the $30 I paid for it!! The only reason I gave it a 4 was because I wish it has a lid to put over the brush head when not using it like the Clarisonic, but otherwise this is by far one of my new favourite beauty products!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by dearrachel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, I really do like this product. I previously tried the Clarisonic and I'm one of the very few people who did not like it. Even with the sensitive skin brush head, I found it far too harsh for my hypersensitive skin. I was a little skeptical to buy the Olay Cleansing System, but I've been using it for about 3 weeks and I like it a lot! It might not be strong enough for people with less insanely sensitive skin than mine, but for me it exfoliates well and the brush is just soft enough for everyday use. The texture of my skin and my acne has improved somewhat, but I'm not sure if that's due to this product or other new ones I've been using. Have not tried the accompanying cleanser, but I might considering the good reviews it's gotten. I would recommend this cleansing system to anyone with sensitive skin or as a gentle, less expensive alternative to the Clarisonic.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by ixxy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this daily, for about 2.5 weeks. I tried it with the supplied cleanser and with the cleaner I regularly use. I was hoping that this would help to clean out some of the pores on my nose but I did not notice any difference at all in their appearance. I also did not find that it made my skin feel any smoother (but I already use a retinoid and a silicone scrubber regularly so I feel my skin is exfoliated to begin with). What this did do is give me white heads all over my face. I almost never get this type of breakout and they stopped shortly after I stopped using this brush. In other words, I feel that this did more harm than good and is not a worthwhile purchase.
Like other reviewers, I also found the battery compartment to be a real pain to open.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by hopelessheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After hearing about the Clarisonic all over youtube of course I wanted but I didn't have the money to get one. Seeing this at walmart and reading the good reviews I had to get it and it didn't disappoint. The brush cleans my skin very well and I haven't needed to use pore strips since my pores are very clean. I didn't like the packaging for the product, there was no pamphlet in the box and that confused me. I've had it for around two months and using it everyday I haven't noticed the batteries losing their power which is great. I would definitely buy this product again if I needed to.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by vickywang

I like this product. Personally I do not feel the brush is very soft, but it is definitely not harsh. My face turns a little bit red after I use it. I use it every morning and night. When I wear make up during the day, I can see lots of makeup residuals on the brush when I use it to clean my face. After cleaning, my face is super smooth!!!!! I bought it from USA so I need to pay $60 AUD for this though currently AUD is so strong, so I feel it is not cheap at all. But I do like it a lot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

After going back and forth between this and the Clarisonic Mia, there is absolutely no comparison between the two: The Clarisonic is by far superior in achieving improvement in skin clarity and texture.

The Olay Pro-X is about on par with using a washcloth, IMHO. I actually was using washcloths before I became convinced I needed to try these products. lol.

Clarisonic performs some sort of skin-voodoo. Me like-y.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I have never used the Clarisonic because I'm a cheap/frugal person. I just don't believe in spending that kind of money on something I may or may not like (I hate taking the time returning stuff). Thus when this came out I was still a bit iffy. I've never had an Olay product that worked for me.

I also want to note I have sensitive skin that's acne prone. I almost swear I could look at it the wrong way one day and the next I'd have acne.
That being said the scrub that comes with this system is awesome. If I had a pimple, used this scrub and went to sleep I'd have almost clear skin the next day. I never noticed the brush actually doing anything to my skin. It was always the scrub. But the scrub is $20 (sometimes you can find it for cheaper or get coupons) for a 6oz tube. Well St.Ives Apricot scrub is only about $2-3 for a 6oz tube. And guess what? They work the same! I scrub my face with the apricot scrub and the next day my pimple is almost gone. So I've switched. I'm so cheap that even buying a $20 tube of Olay scrub isn't worth it if the cheaper stuff works the same. For you ladies who like the brush feel free to use it but I've had BB creams do more to my skin than it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush has been a great product for me. For reference, my skin is very oily, acne prone and not sensitive. I also had to do a bit of hunting to find this. The first two stores I went to were sold out and I ended up purchasing it at Walgreen's. The price ($29 and some change) was the same at all 3 stores. It came with batteries which was nice. I had no trouble putting them in. The box also includes one brush head and a sample size of the Olay Pro-X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser. The brush head didn't seem very secure when I attached it. I kept thinking I wasn't getting it in all the way but I haven't had any problems with it since. I use this daily during my evening cleansing. Sometimes on the weekends I use it in the morning as well. After a month, my skin is smoother, softer and brighter. I haven't experienced any irritation. I'm currently using it with Cerave Foaming Face Wash. The cleanser it came with has exfoliating beads in it and I kind of think that used at the same time with the brush would be a bit much for me. The brush rotates, it does not utilize the same sonic technology as the Clarisonic (which I haven't tried, so I can't make any comparisons there). The bristles were very soft at first but after about a month of use they seem a bit rougher. Overall, I'm very happy with what this brush has done for my skin. I put that I would repurchase, and i would, but honestly it's made me even more interested in trying the Clarisonic to see if I would get even better results with it. I do think this is a great way to find out if manual exfoliation of this kind is right for your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Kandiefashion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok ...well my Sister in law was raving about Clairsonic ...but i cant afford that price ! maybe as an Xmas gift :) ....

so i diceded to try the Way Less expensive OLAY version !

First the Batteries are NOT that hard to get in .... i just held the end and wiggled twice and Viola ! lol...

now i alway start with my Pre Cleanse ( Dermalogia ) for my eyes with useing water proof liner ....then i got to it !

Wow the feeling is so nice ...i do agree the strenght seemed light ...even on high...but again ...i think thats a good thing

now i did like your supposed to with the clair sonic 1 min i section...and i found it Amazing !! my nose was easy to get to ...i even did my neck !

i wish i got a clair sonic to compair too....maybe next sale on it ...or xmas :) ...lol

but for now this is fabulous ...my Face was super Clean and not tight after ... i use a liquid cleanser ...i really think that would help

first day ...so i will come back and let you know more :)

XOX
Nat

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 9:20:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I bought this to try it out and see if splurging on the Clarisonic Mia is going to agree with my skin. First its sold out at almost very ULTA and Drugstores (Walgreens, Walmart etc.) in my area. I finally got it at Target...last one on the shelf.

So far with 1 weeks use (nighttime cleansing only) I like the Olay cleansing brush. So for $30 I am extremely pleased. I will probably save my pennies for the clarisonic...but this one will be great for travel use.

I did not have problems at all with inserting the batteries. The trick is to firm grasp the cover and pull back and wiggle at the same time. Opens up without any trouble. I use rechargeable batteries as well--eco-friendly option.

I do not use the cleanser in the kit. I use DHC pure or mild soap with my brush--I lather the soap, apply it to my face and use my Olay brush.

Highly recommended for those wanted to be try the Clarisonic, but just don't want to spend money to find out it's too harsh for their sensitive skin.