November 25, 2014 | 1853 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by dee0219

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Though something as simple as this tool will not successfully clear up the mild, yet persistent breakouts that have plagued my forehead since I was 13, it definitely has improved other aspects of my skin.

At 24 I figured I have done nothing for my skin in the way of improving it by leaving on makeup overnight, not exfoliating, not moisturizing, etc., and it was a good time to start. I bought this mostly because I needed to amp up my routine, it was novel, and I also wanted to see if it could improve the tone of my skin. I noticed that my skin started clearing up when I started using it, but I found this a perk that diminished within a few weeks. (This, however, might be an experiment to try at a later date, as stopping birth control probably had quite a bit to do with how my skin was behaving.) It didn't take long for me to notice that my skin was improving in other areas, though. Immediately, I could tell a difference in the softness of my skin. Since I have been using this, my face feels soft at all times of the day. My makeup goes on incredibly smoothly, and my skin even looks visibly smoother to me.

The greatest result of using this cleansing system has been the obvious improvement in my skin tone. I used to be noticeably redder in the cheeks, chin, and area surrounding the nose - nowadays, I can hardly believe my face when I look at it! My skin tone has evened significantly, and the redness is almost completely gone. Even when I get out of the shower, I now look like I am wearing makeup because all that I wanted to really cover before is almost completely gone. My skin tone has been the one factor that keeps me wearing makeup, and I feel like soon enough I'll be able to stop that for good.

I love it, and I plan on using it until it breaks. It's been wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this brush. I can feel my cleanser penetrating more deeply than when I just use my hands or a wash cloth, and it makes makeup removal much quicker. After using it for a few weeks I am noticing a real difference in the clarity and smoothness of my skin. I think this is totally worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by lowcapacityx

Let me tell you that this brush is amazing and works wonders on your face. For people who have said that it doesn't work well or that washing your face with their hands or with a wash rag aren't using it correctly and seeing the results. I'd like to compare it to a manual toothbrush vs an electric tooth brush. When you use a manual toothbrush the likely hood of missing some areas are pretty moderate to high depending how well and long you brush your teeth for but when using an electric toothbrush you're getting a good amount of areas if you're using it correctly. This product when using it I feel like I'm getting all the areas of my face and it doesn't make me lazy to take my time washing it because well... the truth is it makes it fun washing my face.

As for the clarisonic. I don't own one and I think it's ridiculously expensive! 200 dollars for something that washes your face? Sorry but I think as long as you wash your face and have a good diet you don't need to be spending money on something that extravagant.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 12:51:00 AM More reviews by freshtalovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Alright so this little magic wand is what everyones skin needs right now! It is WORTH THE HYPE!! I was skeptical of buying this over the Clarisonic because I never tried anything Olay, but I wanted to save some money so I decided to buy this a month ago....My skin now??......ALMOST 100% CLEAR! I am superr acne-prone. I was on accutane 5 months ago and I started to break out again, but after to switching from foundation to TM and removing my makeup everynight and using this after and re-cleansing my face, my breakouts decreased SUFFICIENTLY!! My skin is sooo glowy with my TM now!!
This can be drying, so I only use at nighttime and I moisturize with Jojoba oil afterwards. I can write on and on about this amazing cleanser brush, but I am so tired right now. AMAZING INVESTMENT for those who do not want to spend about. $200 for the Clarisonic. It may not be AS STRONG as the Clarisonic, but it sure as heck does the job for my skin! This is coming from a girl who has been struggling with ance since she was 13! I am 17 now, and my skin is finally seeing its BRIGHTER and GLORY days!!! ahhhhh (:(:(:
I can finally go to the beach and not feel insecure about my skin! hallelujah for this amazing product!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by rainstorm17

Like many others I had been wanting to get a Clarisonic but was just not willing to shell out the $$$. So after hearing about this and reading reviews on MUA and watching them on YouTube, I decided to try it. I'm so glad I did!!! I have been using for just over a month straight now, every night to wash my face, I use it on the gentle setting. I freakin love this thing!! It feels like a great massage for your face and really does make my skin products works better, and I can't believe how much softer it made my face just after the first time!! I also love that its so gentle. Best of all its gotten rid of those pesky flakes that would show up on my nose and cheeks!! I have also used it in the shower with no problems (I was a bit nervous about the saying "water resistant") and I had no problem putting the batteries in, I just read the instructions on the side of the box and got it on the first try!! Definitely worth the $30 I paid for it!! The only reason I gave it a 4 was because I wish it has a lid to put over the brush head when not using it like the Clarisonic, but otherwise this is by far one of my new favourite beauty products!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by dearrachel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, I really do like this product. I previously tried the Clarisonic and I'm one of the very few people who did not like it. Even with the sensitive skin brush head, I found it far too harsh for my hypersensitive skin. I was a little skeptical to buy the Olay Cleansing System, but I've been using it for about 3 weeks and I like it a lot! It might not be strong enough for people with less insanely sensitive skin than mine, but for me it exfoliates well and the brush is just soft enough for everyday use. The texture of my skin and my acne has improved somewhat, but I'm not sure if that's due to this product or other new ones I've been using. Have not tried the accompanying cleanser, but I might considering the good reviews it's gotten. I would recommend this cleansing system to anyone with sensitive skin or as a gentle, less expensive alternative to the Clarisonic.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by ixxy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this daily, for about 2.5 weeks. I tried it with the supplied cleanser and with the cleaner I regularly use. I was hoping that this would help to clean out some of the pores on my nose but I did not notice any difference at all in their appearance. I also did not find that it made my skin feel any smoother (but I already use a retinoid and a silicone scrubber regularly so I feel my skin is exfoliated to begin with). What this did do is give me white heads all over my face. I almost never get this type of breakout and they stopped shortly after I stopped using this brush. In other words, I feel that this did more harm than good and is not a worthwhile purchase.
Like other reviewers, I also found the battery compartment to be a real pain to open.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by hopelessheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After hearing about the Clarisonic all over youtube of course I wanted but I didn't have the money to get one. Seeing this at walmart and reading the good reviews I had to get it and it didn't disappoint. The brush cleans my skin very well and I haven't needed to use pore strips since my pores are very clean. I didn't like the packaging for the product, there was no pamphlet in the box and that confused me. I've had it for around two months and using it everyday I haven't noticed the batteries losing their power which is great. I would definitely buy this product again if I needed to.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by vickywang

I like this product. Personally I do not feel the brush is very soft, but it is definitely not harsh. My face turns a little bit red after I use it. I use it every morning and night. When I wear make up during the day, I can see lots of makeup residuals on the brush when I use it to clean my face. After cleaning, my face is super smooth!!!!! I bought it from USA so I need to pay $60 AUD for this though currently AUD is so strong, so I feel it is not cheap at all. But I do like it a lot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

After going back and forth between this and the Clarisonic Mia, there is absolutely no comparison between the two: The Clarisonic is by far superior in achieving improvement in skin clarity and texture.

The Olay Pro-X is about on par with using a washcloth, IMHO. I actually was using washcloths before I became convinced I needed to try these products. lol.

Clarisonic performs some sort of skin-voodoo. Me like-y.